Guard permanent Resolution, and warrior 4 second Resistance

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Because it has no merit...

Ok. I don’t know why you’re trying to push my buttons here. Nothing I said is factually incorrect. You have an opinion, good for you.

You’ve already made your opinion of it quite clear. If you want to argue, I’d suggest Facebook.

Edited by crewthief.8649

1 minute ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Ok. I don’t know why you’re trying to push my buttons here. Nothing I said is factually incorrect. You have an opinion, and good for you.

I'm not trying to push your buttons mate. Hardened Armor is not a controllable trait. It was fine with the old Retaliation, but with the new Resolution it is garbage tier as far as considering it for Resolution access.

Would be better if it activated off of using a burst skill frankly rather than having to wait to be crit on, or having an opponent that does stow weapon if you start a block. Then the 5s duration and 15s CD would make more sense (though a shorter CD would be better).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm not trying to push your buttons mate. Hardened Armor is not a controllable trait. It was fine with the old Retaliation, but with the new Resolution it is garbage tier as far as considering it for Resolution access.

Would be better if it activated off of using a burst skill frankly rather than having to wait to be crit on, or having an opponent that does stow weapon if you start a block. Then the 5s duration and 15s CD would make more sense (though a shorter CD would be better).

I would love that, can we get you on the balance team?

If I mistook your intent, I apologize; I’ve noticed a lot of passive-aggression in this forum, so maybe I jumped to conclusions.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1

It’s really odd. They go to these lengths to change resistance and retaliation but don’t update a huge number of skills and traits. Like, skills (and traits) that had resistance on them had it for a reason, and it wasn’t to clear cripple. Now, these skills and traits that once gave you respite from conditions, do absolutely nothing. And in spite of that, they left them the same. 

Makes no sense. Unless they wanted certain classes to get melted by conditions...

21 hours ago, BruceLee.5092 said:

Hello, I think when you decided to remove retail and change to resolution, you forgot the fact guard has perma retail (now perma resolution). Not to mention scrapper and other classes.

At the same time, when you nerf resistance, you also forgot about warrior's skill "Berserker Stance" and "Featherfoot Grace". Obviously make already horrible skills even more horrible is the plan.

Note: Berserker Stance- Paulse 4 seconds, each seconds give you 1 second resistance, and its not a stun break, and 40 seconds cooldown, lol

Fun fact: obviously, I'm a warrior main.

Perma Resolution uptime + Runes like Resistance or Orr = virtually condi immune

Not even sure how I feel about it yet. I'm not sure if this is funny or if I'm upset about balance lol.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

2 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I would love that, can we get you on the balance team?

If I mistook your intent, I apologize; I’ve noticed a lot of passive-aggression in this forum, so maybe I jumped to conclusions.

It happens. Some people do troll others when they get called out for being wrong, but as with all things (especially on the internet) its best to assume noble intent until it becomes blatantly obvious that someone is being a jerk on purpose.

Honestly you don't need me on the balance team, you just need the balance team to listen to the commentary that happens within the individual profession forums. The profession mains are pretty clued in to where their class is underperforming relative to the current meta and most of them offer up pretty great suggestions that tend to not be OP and also tend to be within the theme of the specs in question.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It happens. Some people do troll others when they get called out for being wrong, but as with all things (especially on the internet) its best to assume noble intent until it becomes blatantly obvious that someone is being a jerk on purpose.

Honestly you don't need me on the balance team, you just need the balance team to listen to the commentary that happens within the individual profession forums. The profession mains are pretty clued in to where their class is underperforming relative to the current meta and most of them offer up pretty great suggestions that tend to not be OP and also tend to be within the theme of the specs in question.

I agree, I’ve haunted the forums for a number of years and have seen how involved you are with Warrior specifically. I am a Warrior Martin myself, so it is much appreciated. 

I figured it would be a good idea to get my hat in the ring, as more likeminded opinions about the profession may help bring awareness to its issues. Maybe that’s wishful thinking...

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I agree, I’ve haunted the forums for a number of years and have seen how involved you are with Warrior specifically. I am a Warrior Martin myself, so it is much appreciated. 

I figured it would be a good idea to get my hat in the ring, as more likeminded opinions about the profession may help bring awareness to its issues. Maybe that’s wishful thinking...

If the balance team actually read the forums outside of the PvP subforum QQ threads then sure it would be helpful. I keep telling myself that EoD is coming and things like the May 11th patch are just paving stones on the path to what will be. So while I don't agree with everything they've done I realize that there are probably only the tip of the iceberg of what will be in the future.

That said I'd take some slack off of the systems team and design them a warrior e-spec, and all it would cost them is a pair of legendary pistols 😉

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind a rework on the ednurance signet. It may be strong at removing all condis, but condis get reapplied quite quickly, especially in outnumbered situations, so the active becoming (gain resolution 6sec, remove conditions while under the effects of resolution  (2 condis per sec)) sounds more appealing to me with the current balance. Less burst healing, but better long-term effects.

People seriously calling out warrior like it's op. We are melee bruh. Just bomb us and you have no issues. We may pull some high bursts but that's all we do. Lets sit down and talk about how we got skills which roots us hard or how shields, maces, hammers deal 0 dmg. 

🙄

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I like the idea of it triggering on a burst, however we have a lot of traits that already trigger on burst... Unless you miss then they do nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

what are you on about, he clearly means warrior needs more resolution then it currently has instead of having more then guardian.

also if you want to talk about logic, warrior had way more resistance before the change even more so then guardian before retal change, warrior had these many resistance because warrior is incredible weak to condition, unlike guardian which are hard migations, that can directly prevent condi application, warrior has to soak up more condi damage.

that's why mending is a skill that cleanses 5! condition with 20 CD and shake it off cleanses 4 condition with 2 charges, such overbuffed numbers of condi cleanse if used on other classes on top of having a trait that cleanses condi on weapon swap and movement skill removes crippling condition farther shows how warrior needed heavy help for condition,

even with these clearly over the top number of condition cleanse yet warrior can still die to condition builds, this is just the cruel truth

How do guardians prevent condi application with hard mitigation? Please don't tell me you're talking about blocks. 

Also, just to chime in, unless you're running pure support guardian, your condition removal is average at best. 

Warrior as it stands (sb to be specific) has amazing removal from both your heal and shout (which is also a stun break).  Warrior arguably has far better removal than guardian on a similar power variant. 

6 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Yeah that would work, they should do that with all defensive burst traits, they proc on activation.

They used to. It was beyond stupid. I don't want to duel a defense warrior with perma 3 charges of adrenal health again with no counterplay.