Guard permanent Resolution, and warrior 4 second Resistance

29 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

They used to. It was beyond stupid. I don't want to duel a defense warrior with perma 3 charges of adrenal health again with no counterplay. 

Blame Anet on the Longbow burst design, Adrenal Health is supposed to be rewarded on hit, not freely given.

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

not sure why warriors are complaining about condis, since they've countered them forever. resolution uptime on classes is something to be looked at for sure, mainly light aura. that might need a rework.

If you meant "condis have countered warriors forever" then its because despite that, anet keeps removing what little mitigation we have by means of oversights, so we cant even perform those really narrow use cases where we might ignore a burst or confusion for a couple seconds to do anything. It being bad forever is no excuse to make it worse. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

not sure why warriors are complaining about condis, since they've countered them forever. resolution uptime on classes is something to be looked at for sure, mainly light aura. that might need a rework.

dumb and noob like always, warrior has been weak to condition since the beginning of the time

that's why they made berserker stance and gave resistance to healing signet and made mendering cleanse 5 condition and made shake it off cleanse 4 conditions with 2 charge etc

yet warrior still dies to condition, i solo'ed vaans power spellbreaker on my s/d condi daredevil back in early 2020 before feb patch, with full HP and the fight finished in less then 20 seconds.

even now i can solo spellbreakers on p/d thief even after the heavy nerf.

also try power berserker now without resistance and try i dear you, 

spellbreaker could get away with only mender(5 condi cleanse) and shake it off (4 cleanse of 2 charges) and condi cleanse on weapon swap because it also has CCs that stop condition application, try power berserker, and you will die to condi auto attack i guarantee you.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

How do guardians prevent condi application with hard mitigation? Please don't tell me you're talking about blocks. 

Do you even play both classes? i clearly had way less problem with condi on power guard and while on warrior you had to deal heavy with conditions and needs to spec heavy in to condi cleanse.

and do you know why, it is how the class operate. if you look at the numbers, warrior condition cleanse outshine literally every single class in the game, that's because anet has to do it in order for warrior to even function, why other classes clearly has way less problem with condition?  why even with overtuned condition cleanse, it was condition herald that countered condi s/d thief and not warrior? oh right because even with overtuned condition cleanse numbers, warrior still died to s/d condi thief in less then 20 seconds.

Please start using your brain.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

dumb and noob like always, warrior has been weak to condition since the beginning of the time

that's why they made berserker stance and gave resistance to healing signet and made mendering cleanse 5 condition and made shake it off cleanse 4 conditions with 2 charge etc

yet warrior still dies to condition, i solo'ed vaans power spellbreaker on my s/d condi daredevil back in early 2020 before feb patch, with full HP and the fight finished in less then 20 seconds.

even now i can solo spellbreakers on p/d thief even after the heavy nerf.

also try power berserker now without resistance and try i dear you, 

spellbreaker could get away with only mender(5 condi cleanse) and shake it off (4 cleanse of 2 charges) and condi cleanse on weapon swap because it also has CCs that stop condition application, try power berserker, and you will die to condi auto attack i guarantee you.

i'm not gonna even bother with this one, you contradict yourself in the first sentence then wrap it up at the end by telling me to play berserker cuz it dies to condis. i took a good long look at this post and it still doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

Do you even play both classes? i clearly had way less problem with condi on power guard and while on warrior you had to deal heavy with conditions and needs to spec heavy in to condi cleanse.

and do you know why, it is how the class operate. if you look at the numbers, warrior condition cleanse outshine literally every single class in the game, that's because anet has to do it in order for warrior to even function, why other classes clearly has way less problem with condition?  why even with overtuned condition cleanse, it was condition herald that countered condi s/d thief and not warrior? oh right because even with overtuned condition cleanse numbers, warrior still died to s/d condi thief in less then 20 seconds.

Please start using your brain.

You still didn't say how guardians hard mitigate condi application. I find it funny you should say that considering warrior has more blocks and evades than guard. 

Just now, Math.5123 said:

You still didn't say how guardians hard mitigate condi application. I find it funny you should say that considering warrior has more blocks and evades than guard. 

i find it funny how you are garbage at guardian

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

First of all, who are you even. Secondly, I find it funny how you're not backing up a single one of your claims. 

first of all who are you? secondly i already stated all the logical reasons yet none of your response has any thought

let me teach you how to use your brain properly.

its funny how you think spellbreaker is the only warrior spec, even with surprior dodge/evade from spellbreaker warrior still needs 5 condi cleanse and 2 charge shake it off and weapon swap to even not straightly die to condi, anet specifically buffed mending from 3 to 5 clear in 2020 july just because even spellbreaker with surperior dodges and blocks were dieing to condition so fast.

you never argued the reason why guardian required less condition cleanse because the only reason is that it is less vulnerable to condition from its core gameplay which automatically make you lose the argument. you avoided it because even pigs know the answer

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 2

Just now, felix.2386 said:

first of all who are you? secondly i already stated all the logical reasons yet none of your response has any thought

let me teach you how to use your brain properly.

its funny how you think spellbreaker is the only warrior spec, even with surprior dodge/evade from spellbreaker warrior still needs 5 condi cleanse and 2 charge shake it off and weapon swap to even not straightly die to condi, anet specifically buffed mending from 3 to 5 clear in 2020 july just because even spellbreaker were dieing to condition so fast.

you never argued the reason why guardian required less condition cleanse because the only reason is that it is less vulnerable to condition from its core gameplay which automatically make you loses your argument. you avoided it because even pigs know the answer

Let me tell you how the world works. 

If you make a statement, it's up to you to prove it's legitimacy. Meaning, if you say guardian has less cleanse and more hard mitigation to prevent the application of conditions. It's up to you to bring up examples. 

This is like you accusing someone of a crime and telling them its up to them to prove themselves innocent. 

You clearly stated in your original post I quoted that guardian has more ways to prevent the application of condi, I asked which ways. You still have not answered that yet. So you can keep flaming everyone that are asking you to prove your arguments, or you can keep acting like a chimp and throw feces in every direction. Up to you my good man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Let me tell you how the world works. 

If you make a statement, it's up to you to prove it's legitimacy. Meaning, if you say guardian has less cleanse and more hard mitigation to prevent the application of conditions. It's up to you to bring up examples. 

This is like you accusing someone of a crime and telling them its up to them to prove themselves innocent. 

You clearly stated in your original post I quoted that guardian has more ways to prevent the application of condi, I asked which ways. You still have not answered that yet. So you can keep flaming everyone that are asking you to prove your arguments, or you can keep acting like a chimp and throw feces in every direction. Up to you my good man.

i already proved it's legitimacy, anet specifically buffed mending from 3 to 5(66% increase) because even spellbreaker was dieing to condition so fast even tho warrior already had all other condition cleanse and resistance.

its funny how you want to know exactly what ways, anything that avoids being hit is hard migation, which included casting speed/skill mechanics and all that added together, but it doesnt matter, what matter is the fact that guardian is way less vulnerable to condition then warrior, which is a fact that you can not deny, by this simple fact you already lost the argument.

you are only asking for detail because you are trying to nitpick in hoping i make mistake in the details. what a joke.

if you cant really put proper argument just stop commenting

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

i already proved it's legitimacy, anet specifically buffed mending from 3 to 5 because even spellbreaker was dieing to condition so fast even tho warrior already had all other condition cleanse and resistance.

its funny how you want to know exactly what ways, anything that avoids being hit is hard migation, which included casting speed/skill mechanics and all that added together, but it doesnt matter, what matter is the fact that guardian is way less vulnerable to condition then warrior, which is a fact that you can not deny, you are only asking for detail because you are trying to nitpick in hoping i make mistake in the details. what a joke.

if you cant really put proper argument just stop commenting

I do agree that guardian generally have an easier time with condis. (Note generally)

But not because they prevent the application of it, but rather due to cleansing. A ton of guard builds run double cleansing and escape sigil. You can spec into absolute resolution. Run CoP, maybe even smite condition in certain situations. You can blast light fields. You have light aura.

None of these actually prevents getting hit. 

I'm not trying to debunk your argument by saying guardians struggle against condi, I'm debunking the fact where you said guard has more mitigation. Which is just straight up false. 

Proving it's legitimacy by saying "mending got buffed, hence guard has more mitigation" is the same as saying; "ofc he's guilty, I'm wearing a white shirt"

The two arguments have no correlation. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i'm not gonna even bother with this one, you contradict yourself in the first sentence then wrap it up at the end by telling me to play berserker cuz it dies to condis. i took a good long look at this post and it still doesn't make any sense.

What he's saying is that the fact anet has looked at warrior over the course of several balance patches and keeps tacking on what (in a vacuum or on paper) looks like ridiculously powerful condi cleanses should prove that conditions were, at one point, an extremely effective way of shutting down warriors.

Even with this being the case, they still lost hard and continue to lose hard to most condition builds (Like blind thieves, condition rangers, condition mesmers, etc) because the condition application is so frequent that it quickly exhausts their mitigation. Keep in mind the mending change was recent, AFTER they decided shake it off should cleanse several more condis. Anet apparently saw a problem there and thought it was so imbalanced that their lowest CD heal should also cleanse 5 condis. 

Now they're, by means of an oversight I assume, breaking healing signets and zerker stance's resistance, effectively undoing a portion of the fixing they thought was mandatory originally, while buffing the very classes that counter warrior the hardest (thief and mesmer).

He's right, but probably so frustrated that he assumes this is obvious and anyone not seeing it like that is being obtuse on purpose. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

What he's saying is that the fact anet has looked at warrior over the course of several balance patches and keeps tacking on what (in a vacuum or on paper) looks like ridiculously powerful condi cleanses should prove that conditions were, at one point, an extremely effective way of shutting down warriors.

Even with this being the case, they still lost hard and continue to lose hard to most condition builds (Like blind thieves, condition rangers, condition mesmers, etc) because the condition application is so frequent that it quickly exhausts their mitigation. Keep in mind the mending change was recent, AFTER they decided shake it off should cleanse several more condis. Anet apparently saw a problem there and thought it was so imbalanced that their lowest CD heal should also cleanse 5 condis. 

Now they're, by means of an oversight I assume, breaking healing signets and zerker stance's resistance, effectively undoing a portion of the fixing they thought was mandatory originally, while buffing the very classes that counter warrior the hardest (thief and mesmer).

He's right, but probably so frustrated that he assumes this is obvious and anyone not seeing it like that is being obtuse on purpose. 

This is a good summary. Thank you.

Warrior has good burst condi cleanse, but that is meaningless if the condi reapplication rate is faster than they can cleanse them. What warrior needs is something like gaining Resolution+Resistance upon dodge or activating a burst or activating a heal skill. Something not tied to RNG or opponent misplay that they can use and manage through a fight and not incumbent on hitting something for a change. So much of warrior sustain actually requires hitting something that for once they need something that doesn't require that stipulation.