Time to nerf Purity of Purpose.

kappa.2036

5 minutes ago, kappa.2036 said:

A trait with 4/5 seconds cooldown would be nerfed into nothing? 

Sort of yes, there are 14 boons that PoP can convert to. A ICD means it will be completely random making it a pretty terrible trait. 

Not arguing against nerfing PoP, just saying a ICD is a lazy change and makes the trait dumb. 

• Like 2

I still think a redo the conversion table / corruption  table is more needed then any thing else. If pop could not give alacrity and quinkess and stab it would make the game type wvw and the effect of pop much more balanced with out making a ICD on an passive (that never works well).

Well, either completely rework the trait to do something else or make it "When you would cleanse a condition from an ally convert it into a Swiftness/Regen instead.", slapping icd on it is also an option. 

Edit: I though of something else:
When you remove a condition from your ally the purity of purpose will activate and for next 6s every removed condition will be converted into boon instead. CD: 30s.

Edited by TrollingDemigod.3041

1 hour ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Sort of yes, there are 14 boons that PoP can convert to. A ICD means it will be completely random making it a pretty terrible trait. 

Not arguing against nerfing PoP, just saying a ICD is a lazy change and makes the trait dumb. 

This guy gets it.

As he said we should nerf PoP in some way but ICD of 5 sec for a GM trait is not the way. 

1 hour ago, Zikory.6871 said:

The problem is you guys think they are going to rework PoP for WvW when its clear they are balancing around PvE. 

Best your going to get is the boon duration halved again. At least until EoD, maybe. 

If they're balancing around PVE then Purity of Purpose would only convert to might, fury, quickness, and alacrity...

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I noticed this is the second topic you created in two days calling for nerfs to support skills. Are you having trouble killing players in WvW? Refer to Metabuild or Snow Crows sites for build guides. Or perhaps learn to play your professions more efficiently.

Edited by Mil.3562

18 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

I don't say mine is the best solution. Maybe with the new boon duration cap PoP could convert all conditions into...regen, maybe. There are certainly more possible solutions to this "issue".

4 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

I noticed this is the second topic you created in two days calling for nerfs to support skills. Are you having trouble killing players in WvW? Refer to Metabuild or Snow Crows sites for build guides. Or perhaps learn to play your professions more efficiently.

Dunno what are you talking about, this is the only recent thread i made about support skills, the others are "only pvp" related and have nothing to do with support abilities. I often play support in wvw on multiple classes and i recognize when something is broken or not.

I agree that PoP is meta-defining and should be nerfed, but an ICD would be the most lazy and boring way to do it.

A major problem with the trait, besides simply being overpowered, is that it takes almost zero thought from the scrapper to utilise. No need to even know which condi converts to which boon, just see that people have condis and let your cleanses go brrrr like you would anyway without the trait. Boring. An ICD would not fix this, since it would practically never be worth it to hold off on cleanses just to get a favourable ICD timing on just a single conversion. Unfortunately it's one of the only ways the trait can be changed outside of a game-wide patch, which is why it was such a let down not to see a rework with this last patch.

There are many ways it could be reworked. One which sticks close to the current implementation would be to make it only work on some cleanse abilities. For example (could be other skills) sticking with the theme of alchemy, make it only work on elixir gun skills that cleanse. That way, it would no longer be best to have a set 'rotation' of cleanse skills, but instead to sometimes switch up the order to make sure the conversions on fumigate hit at a pivotal moment in the fight.

PoP is very nice, but most Scrappers are the favored heal support because of Stealth and Superspeed. Group stealth alone carries so much weight to the class honestly. Yes, squads can blast smoke fields (bomb kit stealth) with a healing tempest, but the on-demand Sneak Gyro is almost unbeatable in terms of utility + Superspeed for chasing/kiting potential. The usual healing Tempest build only has one AoE Superspeed available, and it's also their stun break 

• Like 1

It's not like Scrapper suddenly stops clearing conditions because there is an ICD on PoP. Just means that the boon conversion only happens once in awhile. I do think that a 5s ICD might be to long, but maybe a 1-2s ICD (per person) just to keep in line stronger cleanse skills like gyro. Otherwise I do think that giving "Purity of Purpose" some actual purity of purpose and streamlining it into one or two boons would be a great idea. Regen, Vigor, and Resistance would be good choices for converts with the line being a more defensive option. "Purity of Purpose" could be interpretted as being unhindered in your pursuit with renewed vigor. It reduces the amount of possible boon/condi conversions, say for instance you convert 5 conditions to 2 boons and a necro immediately corrupts again they will only have 2 boons to convert instead of 5 to put you right back where you started.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:08 AM, lockhart.6048 said:

PoP is very nice, but most Scrappers are the favored heal support because of Stealth and Superspeed. Group stealth alone carries so much weight to the class honestly. Yes, squads can blast smoke fields (bomb kit stealth) with a healing tempest, but the on-demand Sneak Gyro is almost unbeatable in terms of utility + Superspeed for chasing/kiting potential. The usual healing Tempest build only has one AoE Superspeed available, and it's also their stun break 

I would add to that if you run any boons whatsoever that are consistently applied (i.e. herald), healing on med kit scales insanely (the WVW split only affects base heal) while also being 600 range.

I suspect some people that want Purity of Purpose nerfed weren't around when boon chrono was a thing in WVW. There's a stark difference between veil and stealth gyro blasting with superspeed on every gyro.

Anet is insane.

Scrappers were already OP with POP, 10-15 seconds of perma superspeed for Wkey pushes, MDF to heal almost passively without doing anything, and sneaking your entire group...

Now they added near perma GROUP quickness. Are you mad? Are you just trying to meme on us? No offense but I have to put this out there. Your gamemode is broken. If you want to meme on us, make the new META group for blobs (DOUBLE thief, ele, ranger, and yolosmith. At least it would be INTERESTING then. You could claim you shake things up once in awhile and try new things.

With this meta you just drag us through the same gameplay endlessly. Guard has been meta a decade and now you make the second support class the class you ignored for 7 years meta by overpowering it and forcing us to run it for 3+ years.

I want to have some faith in ANET, but you really don't even try.

If you are here to claim you can run crap besides FB and Scrapper I don't know if I can take you seriously or if you are just here to argue for the sake of arguing.

• Like 1

Yeah. There has to be something changed on support scrapper.

This build was already extremely strong, and even got buffed with the new quick was traits.

Which makes this build one of the most overpowered builds in all of wvw's history in my opinion.

There's several different approaches to nerf this build. Increasing Cool down of cleansing skills or putting an icd on the purity of purpose trait.

That's the first things that came to my mind. But maybe there's other (better) ideas on how to adjust support scrapper in wvw.

And while we are at it. Something that always bothered me:

On engi you can use a tool belt skill, switch to a different utility skill on that slot and the matching tool belt skill will have no cool down.

Why is this treated differently than on other skills/ classes? Is it, because it's the profession mechanic?

While it's not that important in most cases, you can definitely do stuff, other classes can't do.

Like buffing yourself with boons, superspeed, stealth,... Then switch the template to other (for example full dmg) utility skills, and get a full reset of cooldowns for all your tool belt skills. To oneshot people or do other fancy stuff)

That's something only engi can do and should be removed in my opinion. 

If other classes try to do this with their utility skills, they will have a remaining cooldowns on skills they swapped out.

And I want to mention, that while all classes got 300 seconds cooldowns on passive stun reals, engi still has a 40 second cooldowns passive stun break with the reactive lenses trait in the tools trait line, maybe this needs to be adjusted as well.

(For example if it stun breaks, it goes on 300 seconds CD, if it triggers on blind, it's only 30 seconds or something like that)

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 2