20 second immobilize

5 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

- Immob starts at 0:13

- Ranger enters downstate at 0:13

- Still immob'd through downstate, elixir S

Rangers have plenty of ways to inflict immobilize on you, permanently. Most of their immobilization comes from hard cc. When they hard CC you, it procs a trait that puts 5 stacks of immobilize on you. There's also Entangle the ranger elite, and their pets...and probably a slew of other annoying ways they can inflict immobilization on you.

The scourge in your video is also using minions, one of them in which inflicts 4 seconds of immobilization on you.

Lastly, if you are fighting a ranger, the best counter-play to their immobilization is to destroy the roots that are bound to your feet, which you can see you are bound by them in the video.

20 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Oh great forum lords of Guild Wars 2, please explain to me how I was immobilized for 20 seconds straight.

Then tell me why it exists.

https://youtu.be/Wr8456eRVDk

- Immob starts at 0:13

- Ranger enters downstate at 0:13

- Still immob'd through downstate, elixir S

It was 9-10s not 20s.
you got hit by
entangle ( lasted about 1s )
then ancient seeds ( lasted its full 5s duration )
and you got hit by sb 4 ( im assuming its traited ) ( 2,5s )
All of that is  1s + 5s + 2,5s = 8,5s
Now factor in condition duration ( light of your feet is 10% ) + potential for some more due to runes.
And you get the ~9s

0:06 -> entangle
0:12/0:13 crippling shot ( 2,5s )
0:16 ancient seeds proc from downstante druid
I suspect during this you also ate the immob from necro pet that roots for 2s

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It was 9-10s not 20s.
you got hit by
entangle ( lasted about 1s )
then ancient seeds ( lasted its full 5s duration )
and you got hit by sb 4 ( im assuming its traited ) ( 2,5s )
All of that is  1s + 5s + 2,5s = 8,5s
Now factor in condition duration ( light of your feet is 10% ) + potential for some more due to runes.
And you get the ~9s

0:06 -> entangle
0:12/0:13 crippling shot ( 2,5s )
0:16 ancient seeds proc from downstante druid
I suspect during this you also ate the immob from necro pet that roots for 2s

Entangle landed on his teammate not him and he didn’t walk anywhere near his team mates entangling roots. That 1 sec immob is iboga other than that you are spot on.

18 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It was 9-10s not 20s.

No. Slow the video down and watch the purple chains around my character if you have to.

I even cleanse the additional remainder of the immobilize off me as I go into downstate the 2nd time.

11 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

No. Slow the video down and watch the purple chains around my character if you have to.

I even cleanse the additional remainder of the immobilize off me as I go into downstate the 2nd time.

how about you slow it down and actually count ?
going down removed ~1,5s away from the immob

Also the hit that actually downed you was necro pet immob,
so you got 5s from entangle and 2s from the minion thingy, 1s from first entangle and 2,5s from sb4.
for total 10,5s. add in 0,5-1s from condi duration for total ~11,5s
substract ~ 1,5s from going down and however long you were down and math checks out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

how about you slow it down and actually count ?
going down removed ~1,5s away from the immob

Also the hit that actually downed you was necro pet immob,
so you got 5s from entangle and 2s from the minion thingy, 1s from first entangle and 2,5s from sb4.
for total 10,5s. add in 0,5-1s from condi duration for total ~11,5s
substract ~ 1,5s from going down and however long you were down and math checks out

https://youtu.be/eozPqa-pJp4

Ignored the first little immob (~7 sec in), timed it for you, and zoomed in the second half so you can focus on the purple chains easier.

Please, point out how we have an ~8 second difference between us.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1

Because its gw2, because its ANet. In each MMO such immob mechanic (not condition, but application mechanic) would be deleted from game few months after adding it. Here it became mainstream. It wouldnt be so bad if application of roots would be more rare, and immob would be easier to cleanse when applied with other condis (than clustersh*t that we have). 
And build called decap ranger. Oh boi, thats the best part, maybe in normal gameplay (duels/arenas) it would be respectable, but imagine making build that works as - go in - knockback - spamm immobs like there was no tomorrow - gg wp. 200iq how to abuse sh*t provided by ANet. 
Just spam your nades and enjoy clownfiesta.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its entangle, it has 600 radius aoe and 5man target cap
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Entangle

I know what entangle does. If you watch the video- he dodged entangle and if you dodge it roots don’t form, however if they form on another target and for some reason you walk into them it’ll root you instead. 

clearly from the video he dodged roots and his team mate didn’t but he never got close enough to the roots. The 1 sec immob has after he dodged entangle and based off the animation clearly after the iboga used its immob skill. It 100% wasn’t entangle...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I know what entangle does. If you watch the video- he dodged entangle and if you dodge it roots don’t form, however if they form on another target and for some reason you walk into them it’ll root you instead. 

clearly from the video he dodged roots and his team mate didn’t but he never got close enough to the roots. The 1 sec immob has after he dodged entangle and based off the animation clearly after the iboga used its immob skill. It 100% wasn’t entangle...

slow it down, he clearly got hit

almost anything can be unhealthy, you didnt evade a single source of immob from the enemy.
if, for example stun spam warrior CC chains you for 10s, and you evade nothing is it his build being toxic or you not evading what needs to be evaded?
also the shitty bone minion apparently immobs for 4s and not 2s, lol.

P.S
remove ancient seeds from the game tvm

7 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

almost anything can be unhealthy, you didnt evade a single source of immob from the enemy.
if, for example stun spam warrior CC chains you for 10s, and you evade nothing is it his build being toxic or you not evading what needs to be evaded?
also the kitten bone minion apparently immobs for 4s and not 2s, lol.

P.S
remove ancient seeds from the game tvm

The funny thing about immobilize is that...it prevents you from dodging 😉

Regardless of dodging the first immobilize, you shouldn't be locked into a situation like this. Cleansing might save you, but only if you burst cleanse / don't get interrupted / don't have cover condis. My burst cleanse was interrupted, I went through downstate and a full elixir S, and still wasn't able to get out of this immobilize spam.

The thing that really blows my mind though? The majority of immobilize happened after the ranger entered downstate. Ranger downstate, by itself, may already be the best in the game and then you add this on top of it?

TIL about the minion immobilize duration too, thanks. Does this mean we're now only 6 seconds apart in our disagreement about immobilize duration in the video?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

The funny thing about immobilize is that...it prevents you from dodging 😉

Regardless of dodging the first immobilize, you shouldn't be locked into a situation like this. Cleansing might save you, but only if you burst cleanse / don't get interrupted / don't have cover condis. My burst cleanse was interrupted, I went through downstate and a full elixir S, and still wasn't able to get out of this immobilize spam.

The thing that really blows my mind though? The majority of immobilize happened after the ranger entered downstate. Ranger downstate, by itself, may already be the best in the game and then you add this on top of it?

TIL about the minion immobilize duration too, thanks. Does this mean we're now only 6 seconds apart in our disagreement about immobilize duration in the video?

I just relized your timer goes 1 full sec after every 0,6s for some reason.
LOL

EDIT
This goes to show how easy it is to scam someone, had to stare at it for 15 minutes to figure it out, and the only reason I even found out about it since first immob you listed as 3s while it lasts 2,5s.
And it just bothered me to the point where I couldnt focus on anything other then why the kitten that happened.
ADHD to the rescue I guess

EDIT V2
TO sume it all up.
~2,5s from  sb 4
5s from seeds ( kitten seeds )
4s from the minion ( that black swirly thingy at 0:17 )
total snare = 5 + 4 + 2,5 = 11,5. Potential for extra due to condi duration ( light on your feet )

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

51 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I just relized your timer goes 1 full sec after every 0,6s for some reason.
LOL

EDIT
This goes to show how easy it is to scam someone, had to stare at it for 15 minutes to figure it out, and the only reason I even found out about it since first immob you listed as 3s while it lasts 2,5s.
And it just bothered me to the point where I couldnt focus on anything other then why the kitten that happened.
ADHD to the rescue I guess

EDIT V2
TO sume it all up.
~2,5s from  sb 4
5s from seeds ( kitten seeds )
4s from the minion ( that black swirly thingy at 0:17 )
total snare = 5 + 4 + 2,5 = 11,5. Potential for extra due to condi duration ( light on your feet )

I actually purposefully left this tidbit out of the video, because I figured someone like yourself might get all cocky again and claim I'm scamming.

The timer is based on video frame rate. I record at 60 fps. The 0.60 you're referring to is a frame counter.

Nice try, though.

7 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I actually purposefully left this tidbit out of the video, because I figured someone like yourself might get all cocky again and claim I'm scamming.

The timer is based on video frame rate. I record at 60 fps. The 0.60 you're referring to is a frame counter.

Nice try, though.

your timer is scuffed then, do it right.
It doesnt even match the snare timers.

27 minutes ago, Arken.3725 said:

I know It's a bit off-topic but man do you deserve that immob for playing nades engineer lol.  On a serious note, yeah it's quite crazy especially since It's difficult to tell where it came from.

Full glass nade core engineer doesn't deserve this hate lol. Other truly glass builds (not nade holo) don't get this much.

And yeah, durations/applications are wack.

Edited by bethekey.8314