Could Primordus Return?

Tyson.5160

Obviously this topic could easily change with how End of Dragons plays out.

I was playing through Sandswept Isles again, doing the Specimen Chamber featuring Overseer Kuda and was wondering what have the Inquest been up to, specifically with their dragon research.  Is it possible that we will see them in Cantha or post EoD.

This  got me thinking about the Inquest and their attempt to control and experiment with all the different dragon minions and what not.

Now depending on how much of Primordus is left behind, is it possible that maybe the Inquest might attempt to revitalize or resurrect Primordus? Possibly filling him with all the dragon energies including the DSD post EoD? Then I started to think would they then try to control the dragon using magic tech and making Primordus also like a cyborg. Kinda similar to a mechanic Godzilla, but more Cyborg then full blown machine.

The Inquest seem to always been connected somewhat to the dragon story line and it would seem fitting if the organization crumbled with the dragons too.

As soon as Anet start "reviving" dragons you'll see demands for this one done right that one done right etc..

Primordus, Zhaitan and Jormag all need to be improved or "remastered" so to speak in some way shape or form but this won't ever happen no matter how badly they were handled.
The sad truth is that Anet wants to move past this ED story and onto other things so the Elder Dragons whether we like it or not are now utterly meaningless and worthless to the this game.. they've all be diminished to the status of rush it and trash it.. which is why many of us are not excited for the Sea Dragon anymore either.. I honestly won't be surprised if it shows up in Cantha, beaches itself and dies at this point just so this story can be over and done with.

Gw2 however was built around this ED foundation.. it is the story of Gw2 whether anyone wants to accept that or not and the fact that out of 7 Elder Dragons only 1 of them so far (Kralkatorrik) has been done exceptionally well is really really disappointing for a game that many of us have invested in for almost a decade.

Fact is if these Elder Dragons which are so integral to this game's story can be p***ed away so easily and so carelessly by Anet then why the kitten should any of us get excited for any more story content in this game?
Why should we give a kitten about future expansions and future content?
Who's to say they won't create an awesome new long term villain down the road and then get bored of that one too and Primordus them as well so we can "move on" to new stuff..

If Anet is this fickle about a vital component of their biggest game (story) then why should we care about it as much as we do?
I speak for myself here but others probably feel the same way but the only reason I am still playing Gw2 right now is because I don't want to waste all the years of time and money i've invested in it.
I wanna see this story through to the end no matter how good or garbage it ends up being.

But after that.. all those new stories Anet want's to put into Gw2.. At the present time I honestly don't give a kitten about any of them.. and Anet has given me utterly no reason to give a kitten about them either.
If they can throw away the main antagonists of this game so brazenly after all these years of world building.. then why should I care about future villains when they can just do the same to them too.
Why should I care anet?.. give me a reason.

• Like 1

I'm certain Primordus will never return.

In fact, I doubt that anything Norn-, Charr- or Asura-themed will ever be theme of the story again.

Their parts have been rushed to the finishing lines.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

If Elder Dragons went to the mists after being killed they would consume everything in the mists so he most rational answer I can give to you is when Elder Dragons die they don't come back, unless they end up being imprisoned in the realm of torment where they are chained and unable to feed

Pretty sure they won't come back, even though I wish they would. ArenaNet butchered the story into oblivion. Wouldn't be surprised if the EoD story will be the same. Deep Sea Dragon appears, we use sparkle cannon or Aurene and it dies in 5 minutes.

To be honest, at this point I'm not excited for EoD at all. That story will probably just as bad as the Icebrood Saga. I think ArenaNet is just tired of the game and they're just trying to finish it as fast as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In fact, I doubt that anything Norn-, Charr- or Asura-themed will ever be theme of the story again.

Their parts have been rushed to the finishing lines.

Ironic you say this when, based off of what we know, even in the original plans for IBS the next two chapters were likely centaur related, and then we would have gone into the big meta battle.

All three of those stories were literally as done as they ever would have been, the exact opposite of rushed.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509

If we're going to see Primordus again, it'll likely be in a flashback/vision of the past etc. with his more sane self (hopefully along with the other Elder Dragons so we finally hear both Primordus and Zhaitan speak, assuming that we don't get to speak with Zhaitan's ghost in the present if its ghost exists and hasn't merged into the ley lines by now) to explore Jormag's cryptic statement from Episode 2 on how the dragonrise cycle may not have always been so "broken" eons ago:

The Whisper of Jormag: I understand why you want to silence me, but you must listen. For Tyria's sake.
The Whisper of Jormag: For thousands of years, I've watched this broken system consume entire civilizations.
The Whisper of Jormag: But it was not always this way. You, Aurene, and I—we can save this world. Preserve it. (Source)

Interestingly Jormag also mentioned something curious during "Dragonstorm":

Jormag: I've stayed my hand before, brother. No more. Today I obliterate the balance that chains us together.

So there may be more to Primordus and Jormag's backstory and relationship than meets the eye if Primordus was willing to attack Jormag (based on the shards in Drizzlewood Coast) whereas Jormag chose to stay its hand in the past.

I also wouldn't mind an eventual vision of the past (if such can be justified in story) where we got to play as an asura (maybe tied to the founder of the Inquest?) to show the fall of Quora Sum and the other great asuran cities during Primordus's grand invasion of the Depths of Tyria so we witness this massive historical event (alluded to in dialogue, books, and blog posts) firsthand. 🙂

Edited by Kossage.9072

On 5/14/2021 at 9:51 PM, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Might see a remaster of Dragonstorm at some point in the faraway future.
Considering their current resources and and the way their staff's being worked, I doubt they'll have time or stamina left to push out anything new regarding these two dragons, though.

Happy to be proven wrong, Anet!

Zaithan says "hello", it's "remaster", was mostly due to the overall dungeon rework, so yeah... if 8 years wasn't enough time, I don't think GW2 will ever go there.

It's more likely that we get GW3.