give me a hand guys, i am lost today

Darkgaiden.3791

I have been out of town for no more than 10 days, i come back and now the retribution boon no longer exist, and resistance is kitten now...... can anyone explain what is going on and why was this a move????? ...... i dont want to sound dramatic, but this is the kind of things that reminds me of the downfall of blizzard.

im all in favor for new things and change, but i hate when people try to fix something that is not broken, at least with no aparent reason. ....... again, i still dont know why was this done so if there is any context i am missing, i would be happy to know

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Darkgaiden.3791 said:

I have been out of town for no more than 10 days, i come back and now the retribution boon no longer exist, and resistance is kitten now...... can anyone explain what is going on and why was this a move????? ...... i dont want to sound dramatic, but this is the kind of things that reminds me of the downfall of blizzard.

im all in favor for new things and change, but i hate when people try to fix something that is not broken, at least with no aparent reason. ....... again, i still dont know why was this done so if there is any context i am missing, i would be happy to know

There is patch notes in the Game Updates Notes section of the forum. The developers shared their reasoning in them too. Here let me help you:

It's been a long while since our last major balance patch. In this update, we're preparing for Cantha by cleaning up longstanding frustrations with boons and conditions, as well as by positioning existing builds as new potential sources of alacrity and quickness in group play.

Among these changes are new duration caps for each boon and condition, a rework of the retaliation and resistance boons, and a reversal to the bonus-damage state of the torment condition. Torment will now deal bonus damage to targets that are standing still instead of to moving targets. This change will enhance torment's performance in most boss encounters and create better opportunities for synergy and counterplay in PvP.

The retaliation boon has long been a pain point, both in PvE and PvP. It's not particularly impactful to use, and it's never fun to play against. We have replaced it with a new boon, resolution, which complements the existing protection boon by reducing incoming damage from conditions (bleeding, poisoned, burning, torment, and confusion) by 33%. Many current traits and skills use retaliation in some way, or to added effect; those traits aren't going away! Generally, they've been updated to use the new resolution boon. As always, the detailed patch notes below will tell you exactly what's happening for each profession.

Similarly, we're not quite happy with how resistance is a hard shutdown on all conditions, which creates overlapping gameplay with skills that cleanse conditions. We're updating resistance to only affect nondamaging conditions. In other words, resolution helps reduce damage from bleeding, poisoned, burning, torment, and confusion, while resistance lets you temporarily ignore blinded, chilled, crippled, fear, immobilized, slow, taunt, vulnerability, and weakness. Since we're reducing the overall effect of resistance, we're also reevaluating and increasing durations in some skills where it is applied.

- https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95447-game-update-notes-may-11-2021/?tab=comments#comment-1364791

Now you can disagree with the changes, but you can't argue there were no issues before the patch, especially retribution was in a difficult spot. Nearly useless in PvE, unnecessary prohibitive in WvW (especially for elementalists who had fun to instant down themselves when using aoe skills against blobs). It made sense to make changes and with them other things were changed. We've had such changes in the past as mentioned by Ayrilana.1396, especially in relation to expansions releasing.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I remember correctly, Arenanet claimed it was a patch to prepare the current professions and elite specializations for the new elite specializations that come with EoD.

In other words: Those were nerfs to give more incentives to buy EoD and access its needlessly overtuned elite specializations.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2