Back after 7 years. Are Elite Specs given to all people who SPVP? If not, the vision of this game is compromised/trashed.

Banus.5086

I have them, I bought the expansions and I have 7 birthday gifts to insta max level and get my espec. This is not about me.

But as far as I understand, people who don’t have them cannot use them? 
That is a major mistake. The game’s SPVP was built around equal access and no grind needed for anything whatsoever. PVP was a motto for this game. Having barriers of any short means the vision has been compromised and the way ahead of its time thinking that the game used to have regarding SPVP is thrown to the trash. 

tell me it ain’t so and I somehow miss something here 

Edited by Banus.5086
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Elite specializations are only available to those that own either HoT or PoF or both, so if there is some F2P player, then no, he doesn't have access to these.

First off some of these players bought the game back in its day. I wouldn’t call them F2P. 
Second, I understand. No wonder the game power creeped to hell and back. 

They lost themselves, SPVP was all about equal grounds, they dumped that. That’s what happens when you chase the endless PVE money. They should have fortified the PVP balance and state and then go ahead with the carrot on a stick business.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No PvE grind needed to use elite specialization in PvP. You can create a level 1 character, go into the pvp lobby, and use the elite specs no problem as long as you own the expansions. People who bought the base game back in the day got to play it for years and it is only 15€ to get both expansions, they come on 50% sale quite often and buying PoF gives you HoT for free.

Edited by LaGranse.8652
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, LaGranse.8652 said:

No PvE grind needed to use elite specialization in PvP. You can create a level 1 character, go into the pvp lobby and use the elite specs no problem as long as you own the exapnsions. People who bought the base game back in the day got to play it for years and it is only 15€ to get both expansions, they come on 50% sale quite often and bouying poF gives you HoT for free.

No need to tell me mate. I could afford it and I bought it. But it’s not about how much it costs.

It broke on the principle of the game. And come to think of it, it’s the PVE crowd that benefits from 90% of XPAC content, always.Why would you call on a PVPer to pay? 

Anyway, it’s the broken principle which is the big deal here. But I guess 7 years down the line, you have all just accepted it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

First off some of these players bought the game back in its day. I wouldn’t call them F2P. 
Second, I understand. No wonder the game power creeped to hell and back. 

They lost themselves, SPVP was all about equal grounds, they dumped that. That’s what happens when you chase the endless PVE money. They should have fortified the PVP balance and state and then go ahead with the carrot on a stick business.

Well I called them F2P because core game now is available to them for free, I'm playing this game since 2012, so I'm in group that has bought it.
I believe that it's fine if F2P doesn't have access to e-speces, since they're expansion "content", but what's not fine is that e-speces are always or almost always better than core, which is the biggest problem here.
Current balance is still better than 2015-2020, back then it was clownfiesta, now it's still "bad", but barely acceptable and core players are capable of competing with e-speces to a degree.
Ofcourse, it's still faaaaaar away from "elite specializations will allow for new playstyle" statement made by A-net long ago, since it's just core+ in most cases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banus.5086 said:

Oh wow that’s bad. I thought ESPECS were just different play styles not superior. Why has this happened? They power creeped it? 

They listen player opinion when they produce first gen of e-spec + they rush it at the end (so yes power creeped)

1 hour ago, Banus.5086 said:

And do you think balance was better when the game released?

It was better between the end of S1 and HoT than now in my opinion 

• Like 1

What else is supposed to be the selling point of the expansions for PvP players if they are handing out elite specs for free?

In the end, GW2 is a business. Anet has to make money somehow and giving elite specs in PvP for free would mean declining sells from PvP players. Any suggestion what the expansion could provide (and which is actually meaningful) for these players to make them buy the expansion?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banus.5086 said:

I have them, I bought the expansions and I have 7 birthday gifts to insta max level and get my espec. This is not about me.

But as far as I understand, people who don’t have them cannot use them? 
That is a major mistake. The game’s SPVP was built around equal access and no grind needed for anything whatsoever. PVP was a motto for this game. Having barriers of any short means the vision has been compromised and the way ahead of its time thinking that the game used to have regarding SPVP is thrown to the trash. 

tell me it ain’t so and I somehow miss something here 

Uhm, this is the real world. Content access is gated behind a purchase. Same with PvP and accessing playable especs.

It's not about your vision (and opinion)
It's about Anet's vision and making money.

Your post is very silly. The comments about "tribal thinking" is just silly too.

If you want other people to be able to access especs for free, go and publish and program your own game. Perhaps you could call it Tribal Thinking.

Edited by Mack.3045
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What else is supposed to be the selling point of the expansions for PvP players if they are handing out elite specs for free?

In the end, GW2 is a business. Anet has to make money somehow and giving elite specs in PvP for free would mean declining sells from PvP players. Any suggestion what the expansion could provide (and which is actually meaningful) for these players to make them buy the expansion?

They deserve declining sales from PVP players because they have butchered the balance. 
PVP players are an easy to please crowd. Good PVP is much less costly development wise. You make a good system and it’s like chess, it stays there. Afterwards you only need to keep balancing as metas appear or as classes appear (which were added for PVE players mainly). 

PVP players since the launch of the game had 3-5 requests more or less which ANET took a dump upon until it implemented some of them years later. 
And now it is expected from PVP only players to buy expansions just to access ELITE specs. Truly, try to get in their shoes. 

You are right about the business and it’s true that PVP makes ANET much less money, but as I said, it was way easier and faster to keep that crowd happy. All was needed was a solid foundation and then consistency, and then they could devote their entire dev to selling PVE content as they do. 

Tell me where you think I am wrong 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

Do u remember back in 2013 when u paid for core game?

People who have paid for the core game need to pay again. 
And you know what? Everyone says that elite classes are mostly an advantage versus core classes. 

How is this not pay to win? I would be more glad for people paying if ANET kept their promise and had ELITE classes be on par with core classes. 

Edited by Banus.5086
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

And you know what? Everyone says that elite classes are mostly an advantage versus core classes. 

How is this not pay to win? I would be more glad for people paying if ANET kept their promise and had ELITE classes be on par with core classes. 

Imagine expecting that almost 9 years you paid a price justifies never having to pay anything again. No. Not pay to win, you literally cannot participate in 90% of the game if you refuse to pay 40 bucks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Imagine expecting that almost 9 years you paid a price justifies never having to pay anything again. No. Not pay to win, you literally cannot participate in 90% of the game if you refuse to pay 40 bucks.

Nice framing. Except it only applies to structured PVP. Not paying anything again in general. 
PVP is what % of the game? 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

At the moment core Guard is considered meta, and the first spec from Thief (Daredevil) have been overperforming the second one (Deadeye) like forever...   You have also powerfull core builds that perform well. New specs broad the posibilities which oftenly ends in minmaxed builds which outperforms previous ones, but what is that compared to other MMOs, in which every expansion demands new grinds just to be able to play (and not yet competitively). GW2 still has the best PvP in any other MMO despite the low support and care it takes from ANet.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

At the moment core Guard is considered meta, and the first spec from Thief (Daredevil) have been overperforming the second one (Deadeye) like forever...   You have also powerfull core builds that perform well. New specs broad the posibilities which oftenly ends in minmaxed builds which outperforms previous ones, but what is that compared to other MMOs, in which every expansion demands new grinds just to be able to play (and not yet competitively). GW2 still has the best PvP in any other MMO despite the low support and care it takes from ANet.

And why? Why does ANET trash it so? It only needs very little development time and it has been a selling point since the beginning of the game.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

Nice framing. Except it only applies to structured PVP. Not paying anything again in general. 
PVP is what % of the game? 

Go watch the Icebrood Saga announcement. Pay special attention to the part where even the devs make a joke about "the 1 pvp player in the room" of a packed theater. That should give you your answer.

As to players who return after 7 years having spent 40-50$ many years in the past, welcome to the real world where feeling entitled gets you only so far. In this case, your big sponsorship and investment in this game unfortunately ran out. Feel that's unfair? Then don't bring up such nonsense.

Or even better, you can go to one of the many competitors who treat you more fairly and where your money is worth more, oh wait, there is none. Literally not a single other MMORPG is as much value per $ as GW2 on a need to pay basis. Not even mentioning how just about every one has mandatory expansions to retain access to endgame content, even their pvp.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Banus.5086 said:

And why? Why does ANET trash it so? It only needs very little development time and it has been a selling point since the beginning of the game.

Didn't trash it. You can play core Guard and core Necro and be in a good spot while paying 0 in a ftp account. The expansions ads new classes and weapons because people wants new ways to play their characters. You still have access to the extra WvW and PvP maps which were released since 2012 at 0 cost. You still have access to all the new runes and sigils which were added to PvP at no cost. Both expansions are also sold as a pack with HoT freely added to PoF (which oftenly is on sale). Stop pretending being offended after half week playing the game.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

They deserve declining sales from PVP players because they have butchered the balance. 
PVP players are an easy to please crowd. Good PVP is much less costly development wise. You make a good system and it’s like chess, it stays there. Afterwards you only need to keep balancing as metas appear or as classes appear (which were added for PVE players mainly). 

PVP players since the launch of the game had 3-5 requests more or less which ANET took a dump upon until it implemented some of them years later. 
And now it is expected from PVP only players to buy expansions just to access ELITE specs. Truly, try to get in their shoes. 

You are right about the business and it’s true that PVP makes ANET much less money, but as I said, it was way easier and faster to keep that crowd happy. All was needed was a solid foundation and then consistency, and then they could devote their entire dev to selling PVE content as they do. 

Tell me where you think I am wrong 

So your entire point is "PvP players should be able to enjoy all the PvP content without having to spend money, while PvE players should have to pay to access it".

That doesn't really sound fair for me, sorry. I don't think that one part of the community should get access to content for free while another part of the community has to pay to get access to the same content.

Either everyone can use elite specs in all content for free or not. Elite specs are a major selling point of expansions and Anet needs these sales, so I am fine with elite specs being locked behind expansions for everyone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Banus.5086 said:

You are all fine with this dead husk instead of Guild Wars 2 being a big player as it could have been. Forget it

Nobody's fine with it.

But suddenly making elite-specs F2P isn't gonna undo the last 6 years. And really, paying for elite-specs doesn't even make the top 10 reasons for why PvP has gone to crap.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 4