Remove immobilize and/or burning from pvp

The Ace.9105

Remove immobilize and/or burning from pvp  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Nobody likes burning nor immobilize and they contribute to unfun.

• Remove Burning
    • Remove Immobilize
    • Remove Burning and Immobilize
    • Don't remove Burning and Immobilize
    • Don't remove Burning
    • Don't remove Immobilize

Listen, bro, conditions are not a problem. The problem are mechanics. Burning is a condition like every other, stacks intensity, pulsing damage, okay stuff. Personally I dont really care about this, so not gonna say much, but if you want to nerf something - take a look at those burn guardians or w/e you have problems with. Condition per se is fine.

Immob is more problematic. Its way more toxic than burning or most other conditions, but again - problem is with how immob is provided. Lets look at s/d power teef (i know i know, delete teef from the game, blahblah) - Infiltrator strike is 1s, Panic Strike is 1,5s (30s! cd). Lets even add Surprise Shot, why not - 2s but needs stealth. Is it immob that makes build unfun to fight as or against? No, never felt this way, and I dont see a reason why any1 would cry about s/d because of its immobilize. Its a nice and cool mechanic.

Now lets see what fellow ranger has. Entangle, 60s cd, vines, long immob and bleeding. Jacaranda, another immobilize. And creme de la creme, Ancient Seeds. 20s cd, roots with long immob and bleeding, EVERY time you cc enemy. Joke, pure joke. You see, thats why immob is toxic, its not conidition, its mechanic. Druid is one of my most hated classes just because of that. Not healing, not damage, not support, just because of that one stupid mechanic - that should be never implemented. 

Dont delete more from the game, making it a game with 5hp each and pair of sticks dealing 1dmg with aa. Just get rid off mechanics that shouldnt be viable in any PvP mode, whether its sPvP, WvW, duels, arenas or w/e else. 

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

• The Ace.9105 changed the title to Remove immobilize and/or burning from pvp
1 hour ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Listen, bro, conditions are not a problem. The problem are mechanics. Burning is a condition like every other, stacks intensity, pulsing damage, okay stuff. Personally I dont really care about this, so not gonna say much, but if you want to nerf something - take a look at those burn guardians or w/e you have problems with. Condition per se is fine.

Immob is more problematic. Its way more toxic than burning or most other conditions, but again - problem is with how immob is provided. Lets look at s/d power teef (i know i know, delete teef from the game, blahblah) - Infiltrator strike is 1s, Panic Strike is 1,5s (30s! cd). Lets even add Surprise Shot, why not - 2s but needs stealth. Is it immob that makes build unfun to fight as or against? No, never felt this way, and I dont see a reason why any1 would cry about s/d because of its immobilize. Its a nice and cool mechanic.

Now lets see what fellow ranger has. Entangle, 60s cd, vines, long immob and bleeding. Jacaranda, another immobilize. And creme de la creme, Ancient Seeds. 20s cd, roots with long immob and bleeding, EVERY time you cc enemy. Joke, pure joke. You see, thats why immob is toxic, its not conidition, its mechanic. Druid is one of my most hated classes just because of that. Not healing, not damage, not support, just because of that one stupid mechanic - that should be never implemented. 

Dont delete more from the game, making it a game with 5hp each and pair of sticks dealing 1dmg with aa. Just get rid off mechanics that shouldnt be viable in any PvP mode, whether its sPvP, WvW, duels, arenas or w/e else. 

Immob since core has always been really annoying condition regardless of if there has been a build that spams it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Immob is fine. It’s like you said burn is fine in general- it’s just when it’s vomited forth with such ease and passives that it’s a problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Immob is fine. It’s like you said burn is fine in general- it’s just when it’s vomited forth with such ease and passives that it’s a problem. 

Think about it. Would it really hurt the game if burning and immob were removed from pvp? It would hurt only basically and pretty much those broken unfun builds.

Edited by The Ace.9105

6 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Think about it. Would it really hurt the game if burning and immob were removed from pvp? It would hurt only basically and pretty much those broken unfun builds.

I play core d/d ele from time to time, main (power) burst needs burning to be applied and another kiting/burst rotation needs immobilize to be working. Pls dont delete, I like to play that build, make love dont hate 😞 

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Yeah actually it would. It’s lazy. Just rework those conditions into sensible stacks and intervals.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

it would hurt every single player that uses immob and burn?
its like saying we should remove necro from the game, cuz it wont hurt anyone other then necro players.
Necro is unfun, kitten nercro, remove it from the game. Who cares how necro players feel about.
BTW burn/immob being unfun is your opinion, in fact, the only 2 classes that apply any reasonable dmg with burn is weaver and guard, and only immob that actually is annoying to any capacity is engangling roots.
But as typical 5head reasoning we should remove ALL not just those problematic.
Its like having an infected finger, and instead off curing the infection you would cut off entire hand.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

it would hurt every single player that uses immob and burn?
its like saying we should remove necro from the game, cuz it wont hurt anyone other then necro players.
Necro is unfun, kitten nercro, remove it from the game. Who cares how necro players feel about.
BTW burn/immob being unfun is your opinion, in fact, the only 2 classes that apply any reasonable dmg with burn is weaver and guard, and only immob that actually is annoying to any capacity is engangling roots.
But as typical 5head reasoning we should remove ALL not just those problematic.
Its like having an infected finger, and instead off curing the infection you would cut off entire hand.

Every time there's something that works around burning it's broken af and if burning is just removed we'll never have that problem ever again. You have a good point tho, we could also just make necro be unusable in pvp cause it's the most cheesiest thing ever in every game mode of gw2 for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

People still having problems with burns AFTER removing the procs from symbols and Sword of Justice? Or with inmob despite having access to sigils/traits which hard counter that cc?  Not surprised. 

I mean there is 1 entire build that works around burning, and like 1 another that works around immob.
This is way too much, it needs to be REMOVED NOW

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I mean there is 1 entire build that works around burning, and like 1 another that works around immob.
This is way too much, it needs to be REMOVED NOW

Currently yeah, during past nope, in future when xpac releases definitely nope and it will take anet another 3 years to fix it for some reason. Get rid of the possible problems before they get reintroduced.

In my opinion neither should be removed, but people should start investing more time in getting better instead of asking for nerfs. Dont get me wrong there are builds which can be nerfed and others which should be buffed, but lets not remove mechanincs but learn how to play against them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

In my opinion neither should be removed, but people should start investing more time in getting better instead of asking for nerfs. Dont get me wrong there are builds which can be nerfed and others which should be buffed, but lets not remove mechanincs but learn how to play against them.

The problem isn't learning how to play against them, it's sometimes there's no way to avoid stupid mechanics that are too strong in situation where you don't have something to escape the stuff that you can see but can't do anything about. If i had 100% of the time i get burning or immob a cleanse ready for that i'd use it everytime i get hit by stacks but the thing is, i don't have that 100% cleanse on every time and when i get hit by a lot of burns or immob at bad timing it's certain death that i just have to watch happening on the screen while not being able to do anything about it. It's like someone laughing at you while slowly pushing you off the ledge while your hands and legs are tied. 

Edited by The Ace.9105
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Currently yeah, during past nope, in future when xpac releases definitely nope and it will take anet another 3 years to fix it for some reason. Get rid of the possible problems before they get reintroduced.

some classes have too much dmg, lets remove all damage from the game.
some builds have too much CC, lets remove all cc from the game 🙂

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

The problem isn't learning how to play against them, it's sometimes there's no way to avoid stupid mechanics that are too strong in situation where you don't have something to escape the stuff that you can see but can't do anything about. If i had 100% of the time i get burning or immob a cleanse ready for that i'd use it everytime i get hit by stacks but the thing is, i don't have that 100% cleanse on every time and when i get hit by a lot of burns or immob at bad timing it's certain death that i just have to watch happening on the screen while not being able to do anything about it. It's like someone laughing at you while slowly pushing you off the ledge while your hands and legs are tied. 

With the same logic if a spellbreaker catch you with your stunbreaks on cd you are dead. Burning and imob has counter play and as long they have counterplay they are fine imo. You cannot expect to stay alive if you are out of cds and couth on bad position imo. I am against removing mechanics just because they are unfun but they are not OP

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Like 2