Welcome to the new forum [MERGED]

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

How does the ignore feature work? I just tried adding someone to my ignore list (purely to test it out) and I was still able to see all their posts.

Does it stop notifications about things they've said? Stop them messaging you?

You have to click the checkboxes on the stuff you want to ignore from them.

My glorious upvote:post stat is gone QQ

I do kind of agree there's way too much neutral space between posts and definitely needs a night mode or background with more gray.  Seems to be an issue on ultrawide displays in particular because if I narrow the window to one third width or less where there's little to no padding and in the mobile orientation, it's dense and colorful enough where I have no issues.  Once I pop into full desktop mode, it feels like my eyes are bleeding, and actually hurts to use, though.  I can tell my hacking around the css this site is definitely primarily developed for mobile now.  Wider aspect ratios are handled imho pretty poorly.

I did a quick mod to the css in my browser to body{ background-color: #555;} and it feels MUCH better on the eyes.  Value #s up to 888 are also pretty good too.  I know it's not seamlessly integrated with the rest of the site's formatting (sidebar images are non-transparencies, header doesn't match, etc.), but it makes the site way more usable to be honest.

Also is there any way to remove the twitter feed?  I don't use Twitter, it doesn't follow the viewport, and it horizontally offsets all content on the side on wider aspect ratios as seen in the image, probably contributing to the eyesore/unoccupied white space.  To be honest, if I also wanted to view ANet's tweets I'd just... go to Twitter.  I don't get this feature.

spacer.png

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
Twitter feed
  • Like 1

I love it....really like that sad confused haahaa thanks emoji options....just one thing that im sad about is that preivious forum post like count is gone.....i got up to 1.2k likes. I wish there was a way to keep the old coubts on the profiles page.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You have to click the checkboxes on the stuff you want to ignore from them.

Oh I see! That's actually more useful than I expected. I like that you can just ignore someone's signature (although I don't really need it on this forum since images and animations aren't allowed).

I can't see myself actually using it, especially not to ignore someone's posts because that just messes topics up and means any responses to that post make no sense, but it's good to know what the options are.

10 minutes ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Will badges/stars come back or are they long gone?

I doubt they'll be coming back as they were, because things like that are usually specific to forum software, but maybe Invision has an equivalent.

I like that we've got more of a range of reactions now, I think that will be useful.

Edit: I don't like that apparently it's possible for a topic creator to edit poll options after people have voted, but there doesn't seem to be any option to change your vote if/when that happens. I think that could be misused.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

I am wandering around in profile etc, so if I understand correctly, there is no more signatures, nor thumbs up or helpful counts?

Signatures are there, as well as custom title.

Also the Like/heart reaction probably serves as thumbs up.

Looks like stuff being tweaked still after release so maybe more reactions will be added later?

Edited by XenesisII.1540

Why is it, I wonder, sitting in front of my modestly sized entry-level  monitor, largely unbothered by the large expanses of white in front of me, that I suddenly experience a certain feeling of Schadenfreude towards those hard-core gamers with their huge, expensive ultra-wides...

Is there an option to place the "edited xyz ago" notification next to the "posted xyz ago" on the bar above the post (apparently there is already one, but without a specified time) OR at the bottom of the bost below the signature line? So... anywhere else than the main body of the post? I think it looks a bit weird as it is right now.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Looks like a part of the post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Really like the search feature! Tried out searching the old QoL to see if anyone (including myself) asked for the 'Selfless Potion' to be reintroduced somewhere, and I see I did and lots of other people did too, so no need to ask!

Except, uh, cleverly in my kudos to the new forum reply. 🤪