Welcome to the new forum [MERGED]

55 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Then, I guess it wasn't 'good' all those years previously. 

Not sure why it should change now. 

It was just an up vote now you can effectively troll ppl trying to make good points with more then just up vote.

Notifications from reactions to posts should have its own separate setting.  I don't particularly care when someone reacts to a post but I cannot disable those notifications without also disabling notifications when someone responds to one of my posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

If you mouse over it, says they are recently new to the forum.   So I guess the idea is maybe to say Hi and welcome them.

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you mouse over it? 

I'm on mobile, there is no such function and tapping on it leads to profile page. 

51 minutes ago, fatihso.7258 said:

I'm on mobile, there is no such function and tapping on it leads to profile page. 

Well in that case, what it shows when moused over is "joined recently".   So as I mentioned it seems to indicate that someone logged in to the forum and posted maybe for the first time. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Notifications from reactions to posts should have its own separate setting.  I don't particularly care when someone reacts to a post but I cannot disable those notifications without also disabling notifications when someone responds to one of my posts.

Yup, we need a way to just disable "reactions notifications".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Is it possible to add 'nested' quotes? When a post is quoting someone who was responding to a previous post I find it helpful to have the whole conversation there to refer back to without having to dig through a thread. Long quotes are already compacted so I don't think it would cause problems with huge quote boxes, but maybe it could be limited to 2-3 'layers' if that's the case?

Yeah, just looked through some of my posts imported from the older forum, and they are completely broken due to this, with no way to understand what was quoted and from who. Nested quotes are important to follow the flow in any longer conversation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vier.1327 said:

Hi there, is it possible to increase the size of the letters in the new forum?

I am having difficults to read it from my phone.

That would be a good idea! Although I rarely use the forums on a mobile device but I've noticed that a lot of forums seem to have too small letters but on that occasion zooming in on the page with two fingers can still do the trick. 

I got a notification of a reply, and when I click it, I get an error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

URL is https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95088-end-of-dragons-more-like-end-of-gw2/?do=findComment&comment=1357303

Am I missing certain permissions that I should have as registered normal forum user?

1 minute ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I got a notification of a reply, and when I click it, I get an error message:

URL is https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95088-end-of-dragons-more-like-end-of-gw2/?do=findComment&comment=1357303

Am I missing certain permissions that I should have as registered normal forum user?

I think that thread was removed, as I can no longer find my post(s) that were in it. 

Uhhh seems like image URL links feature got broken yesterday.

Tried to update my image list in Community Creations topic, but after saving changes Imgur images turned just to URLs.

Tried to workaround it and noticed:
- Imgur, DeviantArt image links do not work anymore (probably tumblr too, but didn't checked)

- Reddit post link block semi works (title is visible, but image preview is broken)

- Twitter post link with image works correctly

I don't see the option to add images at all any more. There used to be an option in the bottom corner of the reply box, but now it's gone.

I just tried copying and pasting all the link variations from Imgur (direct link, BBCode, HTML etc.) and none of them worked, they only came up as links or just as strings of text, no images.

11 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

How do you set a custom title under your display name like some users have? When I go to edit profile I only get a message:

I think it's something which was available by default and then was disabled by the admins.

Literally the first thing I did when I got on the new forum was look at profile options to see what we could (and couldn't) do and I found the option then and set a custom title, but then I couldn't find the option again and I get the same message when I click on 'edit profile' so I think it must have been disabled.

(I suppose I'm lucky that the random one I threw in is one I don't mind, since I'm now stuck with it and can't change or remove it. I noticed it was gone when I was going to jokingly change it to 'Kittennikat' because the forum censor was blocking the letters D and A together, it would be really annoying to be stuck with that.)

I don't know why disabling the option didn't remove existing custom titles though.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's something which was available by default and then was disabled by the admins.

Literally the first thing I did when I got on the new forum was look at profile options to see what we could (and couldn't) do and I found the option then and set a custom title, but then I couldn't find the option again and I get the same message when I click on 'edit profile' so I think it must have been disabled.

(I suppose I'm lucky that the random one I threw in is one I don't mind, since I'm now stuck with it and can't change or remove it. I noticed it was gone when I was going to jokingly change it to 'Kittennikat' because the forum censor was blocking the letters D and A together, it would be really annoying to be stuck with that.)

I don't know why disabling the option didn't remove existing custom titles though.

Thanks. I would love if this option could get re-enabled by the mods/admins.

6 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Thanks. I would love if this option could get re-enabled by the mods/admins.

Yeah, does not seem fair to people that didn't take advantage of it before it was disabled.   Not something I would use because I don't really care,  much like avatars,  but I can see where some would like that option.   So it should either be available to everyone or removed from everyone that made one before the change.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Also, it seems that the number of avatar pictures available got reduced. For example, the one i have selected now is not on the list of available choices.

There's quite a few missing avatars. The one of Glint which I was using is gone, and I've seen other people mention that the default elementalist symbol and one of Joko have gone. I've also just noticed a duplicate in the list. I'm still not sure how to post pictures but in the Partner's section, in the second row the 3rd and 5th images are the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

There's quite a few missing avatars. The one of Glint which I was using is gone, and I've seen other people mention that the default elementalist symbol and one of Joko have gone. I've also just noticed a duplicate in the list. I'm still not sure how to post pictures but in the Partner's section, in the second row the 3rd and 5th images are the same.

Indeed. And in the general section there are two daredevil icons.

I wonder if someone messed up when uploading them. Depending on how the files are saved and organised on Anet's system and the upload process it wouldn't surprise me if it's easy to lose track of which ones you've done and which still need to be added, especially if they were in a hurry to get everything done.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

Is it possible to add 'nested' quotes? When a post is quoting someone who was responding to a previous post I find it helpful to have the whole conversation there to refer back to without having to dig through a thread. Long quotes are already compacted so I don't think it would cause problems with huge quote boxes, but maybe it could be limited to 2-3 'layers' if that's the case?

True, always found it helpful. It would be even better now that the quotes on the new forum get automatically partially hidden to save space with an option to expand them if you wish to.

• Confused 1