Welcome to the new forum [MERGED]

21 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Hmm, don't know why the post I just created has a picture, then, if it's been disabled.  Very odd.

'

Sorry I don't see a post you created with a picture.  You quoted a post with a picture that was made before it seems to have been turned off and shows up as a link in the quote.  Look I'm really not wanting to argue about this.  It gets really old this thing we go through arguing from time to time and I don't really like it.  Make a post with a picture then.  Just post one of your own that shows in a thread and not just a link and not a quote form an older post.  Then I'll head out and give up on the whole not being able to post a picture thing and admit I was wrong.

If you post a picture of your own in a thread and manage to make it work then maybe go to the threads were people are asking how to make it work and be helpful.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

No idea why the link I posted appeared as a picture. 

Not arguing....as I said, why don't you ask the person who posted those 3 pictures in that thread how they did it?

My computer must be wonky because that quoted thread is about some soundcloud page and there are not 3 pictures.  I have noticed that videos can still also be displayed via YouTube etc.  I don't see where that means people can post images on the new forum because you linked a soundcloud page and it showed an image that is really a header for the page.  

See I can do it too:

Again my complaint is that the new forum disabled posting images at some point.  You seem to want to argue against that for some odd reason and I don't know why. It is clear from many complaints and examples recently that posting images was disabled at some point.  So again I ask you to post an image in this thread since you think it was not disabled.  Not some link, but an image from your computer you want to share.  It can be anything.  Please share and also explain to those interested how to do so since there are people that want to know how to do it.  

There currently is no way to display user images in a post.   If you can prove otherwise by posting an image of your choosing that is displayed in a post I will apologize.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

It should work as you can right click it and adjust the settings to not only remove it but the frame as well. 

not only does it not work, i should not even have to bother.

like i suggested, allow us to remove it.

3 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

not only does it not work, i should not even have to bother.

like i suggested, allow us to remove it.

Well it’s worked for me and many others. There may not be an option with the software to give forum users a way to toggle it off and on. 

Just now, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Well it’s worked for me and many others. There may not be an option with the software to give forum users a way to toggle it off and on. 

then why add the twitter part when it has no purpose other than to be blocked by others, they are pretty much a champion at forcing crap no one, not even a single soul asked for.

5 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

then why add the twitter part when it has no purpose other than to be blocked by others, they are pretty much a champion at forcing crap no one, not even a single soul asked for.

So that when they post on Twitter, those on the forum can see it. 

I was able to undo the block so I could describe the process.

You rightclick the page and go down to AdBlock in the menu.  You then choose Block this Ad.  You click on the Twitter box when prompted which creates a pop up with a slider.  You move the slider until the Twitter box and its iframe are gone giving you the full page.  You then confirm to block it.

If this isn't working for you then you're doing something wrong.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

I like the new forums but they take forever to load which drives me crazy. The old forums were much more snappy than this. If I had an option to go back to the old forums I would. I may not frequent the these forums as much because  they mirrored the optimization of the game itself and didn't. While the bells and whistles are nice the load times kill me. If you can make it more responsive please do so. Forums should not have noticeable load times.

Why is the font so small on the latest Game Update Notes?

Why was the News Blog changed?  Now the links at the top of the page outside the red box are nearly-white on white. 

@Fire Attunement.9835

Thanks for fixing the News Blog, if, in fact, you did, and it wasn't a 'just me' problem.  :classic_smile:

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
Update.

We can no longer post pictures in threads for ~ one week. It was once possible via put link into a box, but that got disabled somehow.

Then we had a thread about this topic in the Players Helping Players section. After searching the Bugs: Game, Forum, Website board, I noticed we miss a thread here. There do exist topics, but they are related to the old forum (Vanilla).

I know from RL experience with larger companies, if a report/ticket is not in the correct mailbox, it will not be executed. I assume the Players Helping Players section is rarely visited, because of the name. That is totally fine, but the feature is somehow crucial for a game-related forum. So it would be nice to get a solution.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 4:41 AM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

We can no longer post pictures in threads for ~ one week. It was once possible via put link into a box, but that got disabled somehow.

Then we had a thread about this topic in the Players Helping Players section. After searching the Bugs: Game, Forum, Website board, I noticed we miss a thread here. There do exist topics, but they are related to the old forum (Vanilla).

I know from RL experience with larger companies, if a report/ticket is not in the correct mailbox, it will not be executed. I assume the Players Helping Players section is rarely visited, because of the name. That is totally fine, but the feature is somehow crucial for a game-related forum. So it would be nice to get a solution.

Thanks for reading.

Yes they need to bring this feature back and it has been over 1 week since it was disabled.  It seems to have happened around the 3rd of May from what I have seen and I don't know why.  Over the previous versions of the forum images either directly uploaded (original forum) or added via sources like Imgur (2017 version) were allowed.   Also I don't know why the previously sticky thread for new forum feedback got turned into a thread now called, "Showing pictures in threads and posts (new forum)"     If you look at the OP comment by @Fire Attunement.9835 this thread was about new forum feedback and is now titled "Showing pictures in threads and posts (new forum)"  That's really odd.   Maybe there was a misplaced thread merge.   🥑

Also another strange thread merge issue.  The QOL suggestion thread was oddly merged as shown on the General Discussion page and now goes a thread titled "Add "walk" (hold) key bind to allow joystick pressure utilization."    I'd post the picture but I can't since that as been disabled but here is the link to the one I posted on Imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/8bS6dGJ

I've just noiced that a number of threads disappeared recently. Also, i am now unable to see past the first page of any subforum (there's no option to see more posts at all). The same for my post history in profile - i see only one page, even when i try to show all my activity.

I know that some of the old posts are still there, because they can be searched for (i just can't browse into them). Others (like the "welcome to new forums" thread) seem to be completely gone though.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having similar experience?

Edit: found the lost "welcome to the new forums" thread. Got merged with some random thread in bugs subforum.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

Oh, i see the issue. They changed something in css, and now the block rule that i used to kill the twitter bar is also killing the "next page" bar. So that one was just me, and at least is easy to fix. The disappearing threads however seem to be unconnected to that, and seem to be completely a result in some very, very major issues in thread merging (ones that are so big they are unlikely to be a result of just mod error - i see merged threads that are completely unrelated to each other - see the "welcome to the forums" thread case i mentioned above).

Edit: Yeah, the "en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsPad_half" rule was responsible for the next pages bar disappearing. So, this one is working now at least.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

While we are at the merging-topic, I ran into a really annoying bug. Not going to post it in the bug-report section, as it will be merged with this thread anyway. 

I wrote an answer to a thread that was recently created, but editing took a little longer. In the meantime, a motivated moderator decided to merge that new topic with an existing thread. When I was finally done writing, I clicked on Submit Reply.

At first, it looked like everything worked as intended. I received no error-message and was directed to the thread again.

The forum performed as expected, and re-directed me to the merged thread. But for some rather strange reason, my recently submitted reply was gone. So I went to my profile and tried to track down that post, investigating where it went. To my huge surprise, it went nowhere. My post-history showed no differences, indicating the sent reply must have been deleted instead XD.

No offense to the moderators!

However, a lot of people struggle writing on forums. I tend to edit and re-edit most of my posts a lot of times, even more if it is a thread. I am not alone with this behavior and collecting enough courage to press Submit Reply takes a while. The more frustrating it is when the post gets instantly/automatically deleted.

Please look into this bug. Either make an error-message, as we had it with the old system "action is not allowed." Or just add the post to the end of the merged thread.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

While we are at the merging-topic, I ran into a really annoying bug. Not going to post it in the bug-report section, as it will be merged with this thread anyway. 

I wrote an answer to a thread that was recently created, but editing took a little longer. In the meantime, a motivated moderator decided to merge that new topic with an existing thread. When I was finally done writing, I clicked on Submit Reply.

At first, it looked like everything worked as intended. I received no error-message and was directed to the thread again.

The forum performed as expected, and re-directed me to the merged thread. But for some rather strange reason, my recently submitted reply was gone. So I went to my profile and tried to track down that post, investigating where it went. To my huge surprise, it went nowhere. My post-history showed no differences, indicating the sent reply must have been deleted instead XD.

No offense to the moderators!

However, a lot of people struggle writing on forums. I tend to edit and re-edit most of my posts a lot of times, even more if it is a thread. I am not alone with this behavior and collecting enough courage to press Submit Reply takes a while. The more frustrating it is when the post gets instantly/automatically deleted.

Please look into this bug. Either make an error-message, as we had it with the old system "action is not allowed." Or just add the post to the end of the merged thread.

Thanks.

The forum auto-saves drafts; did you try looking to post in that thread, again?