Does "Legendary armory" imply that having three sets of legendary armor (heavy, medium, light) would cover all possible professions on one's account?

53 minutes ago, Kronos.3695 said:

First of all, if they go on the build templates path, there will be a massive outrage on the forums considering that:

1. legendaries still have their cost, and probably many casual players use gem conversion to gold to obtain some of them
  2. build templates by default are limited, and something like the legendary armory is useful to people who multiclass and play multiple game modes, not to everyone

Both of the two, like many people already pointed out, are already generating money and they'll generate even more with the new system in place, if implemented right.

The reason this is not in the expansion, is probably because they actually have other main features to sell with it.

I think i'll let Anet prove me wrong on this one.

And I hope i am.

17 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

I interpreted Anet's response that the legendary armory is not monetized, but I must admit, that Anet has yet to come back and confirm that the legendary armory is not monetized is a bit concerning.

Imagine if each character can only download 2 legendaries from the armory by default... and must pay gems to download 14 additional legendaries (not counting underwater gear slots)... per character... 😬

"...I must admit, that Anet has yet to come back and confirm that the legendary armory is not monetized is a bit concerning." Exactly. It would have been very simple for Anet to come back and clarify things if the Armory were really free. Their extended silence is making me suspect that "Free" was actually the correct usage of the word free.  😞

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

"...I must admit, that Anet has yet to come back and confirm that the legendary armory is not monetized is a bit concerning." Exactly. It would have been very simple for Anet to come back and clarify things if the Armory were really free. Their extended silence is making me suspect that "Free" was actually the correct usage of the word free.  😞

That's because it is (as we already know, because that's one of the few things we've originally heard about it) tied to the template system. Which they decided to monetize to the point where they actually intentionally made it worse than it could be just so there would be more monetization possibilities. So, even if the armoury does not add any new costs on top of that, it will still be only "free" (but not really free).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

can we be sure that all types of leg armor can be used by armory? or only raid armor?

can we be sure that all leg weapon can be added, or only gen3?

can we be sure that legAr use same armor templates that we use now, or it will be one more teplates row above whit default 1 or two equipment slots?

to many input parameters .. let see how it will be implemented .. Devil always in small details.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:02 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

It's just free, no scare quotes needed. 😄 

Seriously, we will talk more about how the Legendary Armory works closer to release, but there is no gem or gold cost to access or use the Legendary Armory. 

Sure thing. Will believe when it happens.

As for now, I prepare myself for a experience akin to build templates. Sure it will be free, meaning it will be a part of the UI and you might get to swap around a few items, but I doubt they will not monetize it in some weird way. I don't know how, but I'm sure some beancounter will find a way. Maybe make it free to store items but use "armory tokens" to actually use the items on character. "armory tokens" can even be a rare in game (1:1000000000000000000000000000000000 droprate), making it de facto free, or you can buy them on the gemshop.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 1

Wow, I said y'all were paranoid in another thread but you are worse on this one. If they post and provide "clarification" I bet you will want clarification on that clarification. This one is simple. There is no need for any further ellaboration. The armory is free. Go post somewhere constructive now. Don't bother replying to my post cause I'm going to do what the devs are rightfully doing and ignore this ridiculous thread now...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

If it's utilizing the already existing gear loadout system (and, if it still follows the original plans for it, it probably is), then, at best, it does not add any additional cost to a system that is already massively overmonetized. That won't make it "free" though. It will still be monetized through the basic underlying system, that is extremely costly to use.

Not changing a triple monetization system into a quadruple monetized one is as free as "buy 6 beers, get one free" marketing. It's not free - you will still end up paying for it in the end.

That's what I expect it to be. I don't see how it would  make sense for leg armory to override the build templates, even from the perspective of players who potentially already bought additional slots. That would be nonsense. Legendary armory not adding any new expenses IS free regardless of utilizing previously existing template system. (which we don't know if that's how it will be, but it most probably will)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

This is why I didn't understand those polls and topics coming up months ago about making stuff ready for the legendary armoury. We knew, and still know, almost nothing about how it works so I don't understand how anyone could start making legendaries in preparation for that.

I'm expecting free will mean genuinely free, or at least it won't cost anything in addition to using the existing templates, but I wouldn't assume I'm going to now want full legendary equipment on all my characters and start making stuff in preparation for that, because I want to see exactly how it works and decide how I'm going to use it first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Wow, I said y'all were paranoid in another thread but you are worse on this one. If they post and provide "clarification" I bet you will want clarification on that clarification. This one is simple. There is no need for any further ellaboration. The armory is free. Go post somewhere constructive now. Don't bother replying to my post cause I'm going to do what the devs are rightfully doing and ignore this ridiculous thread now...

Context is important. Over the years, Anet has made many comments that either lacked details, were misleading, or were empty words that never materialized. It’s completely reasonable for the players who have experienced these to be skeptical.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure each copy is stored in the LA separately. Right now, you can equip both Conflux and Slumbering conflux, pretty sure a lot of WvW players will lose their crap if Anet takes that away from them. I don't think you get a copy of the other by putting the completed version in. I would complete them if you intend to use their final forms before adding them, as that's the most logical way it would work without breaking how things work now. I don't imagine you'd be able to pull it back out to upgrade, but maybe. I'd like some clarification around these legendaries as well.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Context is important. Over the years, Anet has made many comments that either lacked details, were misleading, or were empty words that never materialized. It’s completely reasonable for the players who have experienced these to be skeptical.

I experienced it too. Been here since GW1. I've just always kept the game where it belongs which is entertainment in my free time. If my bank or one my my utilities didn't provide thorough information I might start pushing for more info from them. No reason to even worry about that here. The nice thing about games is that there is no reason to get this invested on unreleased content. I just enjoy what's released and when something new comes out I check it out. It may even be better to not get news at all. I bet the devs would be less stressed if they just had to focus on feedback for released content and not have to worry about explaining unreleased content.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I'm pretty sure each copy is stored in the LA separately. Right now, you can equip both Conflux and Slumbering conflux, pretty sure a lot of WvW players will lose their crap if Anet takes that away from them. I don't think you get a copy of the other by putting the completed version in. I would complete them if you intend to use their final forms before adding them, as that's the most logical way it would work without breaking how things work now. I don't imagine you'd be able to pull it back out to upgrade, but maybe. I'd like some clarification around these legendaries as well.

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

9 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Slumbering Conflux/Transcendence are legendary items on their one but also act as precursors for Conflux/Transcendence - so, you are going to destroy each in the final crafting step.

Right but with the legendary armory you could maybe store the slumbering version, then pull it out craft the full version and get credit legendary armory credit for both.

9 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Slumbering Conflux/Transcendence are legendary items on their one but also act as precursors for Conflux/Transcendence - so, you are going to destroy each in the final crafting step.

You can craft Slumbering Conflux, Then upgrade it to Conflux. Then craft a new Slumbering Conflux and wear them both. I did this because I don't play raids and without raids there is no other way to get two legendary rings.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

You can craft Slumbering Conflux, Then upgrade it to Conflux. Then craft a new Slumbering Conflux and wear them both. I did this because I don't play raids and without raids there is no other way to get two legendary rings.

Your right and I did just that. Never stated something that contradict that, did I?

Edited by wolfsblut.9435

59 minutes ago, daredevil the first.6548 said:

Right but with the legendary armory you could maybe store the slumbering version, then pull it out craft the full version and get credit legendary armory credit for both.

How stupid do you think our devs are? The armory is right there - the only thing missing is the account wide sharing. You can and will put something in...and also something out - that's not a mystic box its just an inventory.

1 hour ago, daredevil the first.6548 said:

Cause you can craft the slumbering versions and then if you could pull them out you could craft the full versions getting credit for 4 legendaries instead of just the two.

But once you pull it out of armory, it will no longer be there.

There's something you might be misunderstanding here - armory is not the system that will allow you to "pull out" an infinite amount of copies of gear placed there. It will work the same way as the gear loadouts work now - you will be able to link in loadouts gear from armory. Just as you can't "pull out" a copy of slumbering conflux out of gear tab, upgrade it and thus have two confluxes now, you also won't be able to do it in the future.

22 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

But once you pull it out of armory, it will no longer be there.

There's something you might be misunderstanding here - armory is not the system that will allow you to "pull out" an infinite amount of copies of gear placed there. It will work the same way as the gear loadouts work now - you will be able to link in loadouts gear from armory. Just as you can't "pull out" a copy of slumbering conflux out of gear tab, upgrade it and thus have two confluxes now, you also won't be able to do it in the future.

Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking it worked like an unlock able achievement where you get the credit and then could do what you wanted with the real.

There must be a catch somewhere. 

Free for 1 character, but 1000 gems for all other toons. Or, free for one template, but 200gems for other templates. 

Or... spend 500 gold to unlock this achievement or farm 1000 memories of otter to unlock this. 

On 5/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Zaxares.5419 said:

I get the feeling that the Armory itself will be free, but it will also be tied into Build/Equipment Templates so it may not be COMPLETELY free, depending on how many builds and stat sets you run.

THIS IS EXACTLY my thoughts. There is no way Anet is giving us something so useful for "FREE". 

• Like 1