Does "Legendary armory" imply that having three sets of legendary armor (heavy, medium, light) would cover all possible professions on one's account?

The logical way this will work:

1. You register a legendary with the armory and it's saved there.
2. When you are on a toon, you select the legendary you want and it gives you a non-tradeable copy for that toon only. How many depends on how many of that legendary are registered.
3. This solves the issue of fashion wars and multiple weapons.

Any ideas how to handle the Legendary trinket effects?

Without disable the effects on your own and on the other charactes the future of GW2 looks like this.

GW2 - Human/Mesmer - Transcendence - Conflux - Coalescence - Vision - Aurora (YouTube Video)

When Anet forces us to use the effects of the legendary trinket and the one's from the legendary armor (PvE) each character looks like the same and the view and feeling of GW2 will be boring.

Another point is that Anet can't sell skins in the Gem-Shop because they can't be used on the armors which are in the "Legendary Armory".

13 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

The logical way this will work:

1. You register a legendary with the armory and it's saved there.
2. When you are on a toon, you select the legendary you want and it gives you a non-tradeable copy for that toon only. How many depends on how many of that legendary are registered.
3. This solves the issue of fashion wars and multiple weapons.

If it worked this wey, they would not mention it would be a part of the gear template system (because if it worked like that, it wouldn't be).

• Like 2

Dear Forums,

is my understanding of the upcoming feature "Legendary Armory" correct that once it is implemented in the game, it would be possible to give all characters on one's account a "copy" of legendary armor, if I have three sets available in my account (heavy, medium and light)?

So if I would craft these three legendary armor sets, I could cover all possible characters and professions with stat-swapable armor?

One set would not be enough, is that correct, as it would only cover the character with professions that are related to this set (e.g., have heavy => able to cover rev, guardian and warrior)?

I know that this feature is not implemented yet and I am merely speculating and things might change until release. But I am currently planning on my next legendary and having stat-swapable armor on all characters that would be an immense QoL. 🙂

Cheers!

Edited by Crunor.3809
Clarified title

• Crunor.3809 changed the title to Does "Legendary armory" imply that having three sets of legendary armor (heavy, medium, light) would cover all possible professions on one's account?

If you ask me, it should operate like the achievement reward weapon sets: once you unlock them, you can pull as many copies of the skins as you want to put on whichever character.

That won't be how it works, however. The legendary armory will (supposedly) store the entire weapon/armor itself (rather than just the skin) and presumably any upgrades within them and make them available to all characters like a shared inventory slot. My prediction then is that if you put your three weights of legendary armor in there, you'll be able to use them on whichever character, but only with the skins/upgrades of whatever you put into the armory and with monetized slots should you wish to put different combinations in there for account-wide use. It will almost certainly be involved with the template system, so you can expect the mechanics of it to operate similarly unless this is going to be the update where they completely rehaul that system (big doubty).

Concrete details will be made available 'closer to the release' of the armory, which I assume means July, so it's all squinting and speculation for the time being. Sorry, fella.

12 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

If you ask me, it should operate like the achievement reward weapon sets: once you unlock them, you can pull as many copies of the skins as you want to put on whichever character.

I think it will be more in a way how equipment templates work when you use the same item in multiple templates (which is when you see a small chain on an item telling you it's already used in another template, but you can still add it to another one), so you'll basically "store" your legendaries in account armory and then will be able to pick it in a relevant equipment slot on any character that can use it.

But we will need to wait and see.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

From what i understood o fit - you'll only ever need 1 set of eah armor weight and one of each available slot (trinkets, backpack, weapons), for all your characters. So while yes, if you have a set of light armor, only light armor professions will be able to use it, but if you have all 3, all your characters will be able to use it.

Also, if you have Aurora for example, i think it will be available for all your cahracters in taht slot, same with a backpack for instance.

That means you also only ever need 1 of each legendary weapon (that you plan on using), unless you do more for the skins, but as far as the functionality goes, 1 would i think be enough.

Unless like, in dual wielding setups, each weapon needs to count separately, then you need 2 of them (2 axes, maces, swords etc.) to be able to use both of them at the same time.

The only thing they really need to do right though, is for each character to be able to use different skins for that armor in each equipment slot. Right now, you can't have 2 different skins on 1 set of armor which is lame.

• Thanks 1

ANet's silence on whether there will be any microtransactions associated with the armory is an answer in and of itself.

I've been waiting for a year for this feature and preparing for it.  If its heavily monetized like templates (which lets face it, are ridiculously overpriced - its much cheaper just to buy a whole other character slot) then I will be officially done with the game.  I'm not even going to bother with EOD.  I will instead be jumping to FFXIV, which also has a new expansion coming out and that has a build template / gear template system that's actually functional and doesn't try to create a problem to then sell players the solution.

I hate to be overly negative but one of the reasons I even gave GW2 a chance initially is because the monetization was fair when it started out and over the years it has gotten less and less acceptable to me.  Between the Black Lion skins that look like legendaries, the templates, etc.  It's gotten a bit too much and with the templates in particular... its just like "wow"... they are purposefully implementing a poor design and actively making the game worse in order to sell a solution and the solution isn't even that good, to be honest.

I really, REALLY hope I'm proven wrong.

Edited by Will.9785

That's the way I expect the Armory to work. In the next week or so, I'll be getting the last piece of my heavy leggy armor set and I expect that all my heavy armor alts will be able to use that same set at the same time. If that's not the way it's gonna work, I'll be really angry. I'll also be angry if there are some extra charges to make it work that way. Anet just told us that "the Legendary Armory will be free" but it still remains to be seen what that will actually mean in practice. 

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

I will instead be jumping to FFXIV, which also has a new expansion coming out and that has a build template / gear template system that's actually functional and doesn't try to create a problem to then sell players the solution.

While i do like how FF XIV solved the problem of different gear for every class, the truth is that it doesn't really have any  build template system at all, for the simple reason that the game does not give you any build choices. And next to no gear choices as well.

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

That won't be how it works, however. The legendary armory will (supposedly) store the entire weapon/armor itself (rather than just the skin) and presumably any upgrades within them and make them available to all characters like a shared inventory slot. My prediction then is that if you put your three weights of legendary armor in there, you'll be able to use them on whichever character, but only with the skins/upgrades of whatever you put into the armory and with monetized slots should you wish to put different combinations in there for account-wide use. It will almost certainly be involved with the template system, so you can expect the mechanics of it to operate similarly unless this is going to be the update where they completely rehaul that system (big doubty).

Concrete details will be made available 'closer to the release' of the armory, which I assume means July, so it's all squinting and speculation for the time being. Sorry, fella.

That’s just fan speculation, nothing is concrete atm.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Will.9785 said:

ANet's silence on whether there will be any microtransactions associated with the armory is an answer in and of itself.

I've been waiting for a year for this feature and preparing for it.  If its heavily monetized like templates (which lets face it, are ridiculously overpriced - its much cheaper just to buy a whole other character slot) then I will be officially done with the game.  I'm not even going to bother with EOD.  I will instead be jumping to FFXIV, which also has a new expansion coming out and that has a build template / gear template system that's actually functional and doesn't try to create a problem to then sell players the solution.

I hate to be overly negative but one of the reasons I even gave GW2 a chance initially is because the monetization was fair when it started out and over the years it has gotten less and less acceptable to me.  Between the Black Lion skins that look like legendaries, the templates, etc.  It's gotten a bit too much and with the templates in particular... its just like "wow"... they are purposefully implementing a poor design and actively making the game worse in order to sell a solution and the solution isn't even that good, to be honest.

I really, REALLY hope I'm proven wrong.

In this very thread, ArenaNet's response:

No idea why there's this^

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
Forum is wacky.

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think it will be more in a way how equipment templates work when you use the same item in multiple templates (which is when you see a small chain on an item telling you it's already used in another template, but you can still add it to another one), so you'll basically "store" your legendaries in account armory and then will be able to pick it in a relevant equipment slot on any character that can use it.

That's my take on it as well. Especially since they did mention that the Legendary Armory will be an enhancement to the gear template system.

@Crunor.3809

In any case, regardless of the method used, it's practically certain you will need separate sets of legendary armor for each weight category. You can't currently use any set of one weight for a character class that is tied to another weight, and i don't expect that limitation to change.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

In this very thread, ArenaNet's response:

And, this Anet's quote says nothing about the absence or not of microtransactions (already explained in this very thread :p). 

Reminder : "there is no gem or gold cost to access or use" templates system, and there is still 3 layers of microtransactions associated to it.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Crunor.3809 said:

So if I would craft these three legendary armor sets, I could cover all possible characters and professions with stat-swapable armor?

Yes, thats my guess.

The "template" system will work like it is now with the addition that you can not only access the gear that is stored on that character (like it is now) but you can use all legendary gear, that is used in a template, on all characters, that are able to use that type of gear (heavy/medium/light armor, weapon type).

What I do not know: How and if Anet solved the problem that gear on different characters can have different skins now. It would be a big let-down (at least for me) if all characters would have to use the same skin for a legendary gear-item.

1 hour ago, Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

And, this Anet's quote says nothing about the absence or not of microtransactions (already explained in this very thread :p). 

Reminder : "there is no gem or gold cost to access or use" templates system, and there is still 3 layers of microtransactions associated to it.

Not to mention legendary armory will be tied in into the template system, so there will be some monetization attached to it (even if indirectly). So, basically they're already misleading us with that statement. Unless they plan on dropping all the microtransaction cost to templates, or a complete rework of that system. Which i do not believe they are planning to do.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not to mention legendary armory will be tied in into the template system, so there will be some monetization attached to it (even if indirectly). So, basically they're already misleading us with that statement. Unless they plan on dropping all the microtransaction cost to templates, or a complete rework of that system. Which i do not believe they are planning to do.

Totally agree.

6 hours ago, Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

Hum 🤔
It seems this topic was merged again with another ...

Yup, and the strange thing is, I don't see any posts from the thread it was merged to.  It's like they just changed the thread title.

It's even weirder since the two topics merged have next to nothing in common with each other. I mean, they are both about legendary armory, but discussed completely different aspecs of it. In effect, most of the posts in this thread now have nothing to do at all with the thread title.

Edit: oh, i see, someone's on merging spree but is doing it really badly. See what happened to the "[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas"megathread...

(hint: "Topic was merged with Add "walk" (hold) key bind to allow joystick pressure utilization" - i'm quite sure it was supposed to be the other way around)

I'd rather avoid pinging devs, but i'm quite sure this one case warrants it.

@Fire Attunement.9835 you might want to look into it

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am curious as to why they are even putting energy into this. A small layer of the playerbase aims for Legendary items as it is. Even those who do aim for it may only have a few items. This seems to imply a possible focus on funneling players more directly into Legendary Item acquisition methods or providing more acquisition methods that are more approachable than the current ones. Either way...it worries me for the game's direction. 

Edited by Brimstone.3807

19 minutes ago, Brimstone.3807 said:

I am curious as to why they are even putting energy into this. A small layer of the playerbase aims for Legendary items as it is. Even those who do aim for it may only have a few items. This seems to imply a possible focus on funneling players more directly into Legendary Item acquisition methods or providing more acquisition methods that are more approachable than the current ones. Either way...it worries me for the game's direction. 

Why do you think so? Or do you have some measure of what legendary equipment is in use out there?

I'm about as casual of a player as there is, and have 9 weapons, 6 runes and 1 sigil, so I don't see why others wouldn't collect them.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:03 PM, Brimstone.3807 said:

With this logic we should shut down the game. Playerbase may aims strange things or focus on some weird stuff with some weird way nor methods....