How Does Swiss Work? Something Feels Off With Bracket Advancement Lately.

2 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

Swiss matches teams who have the same score together. The first round is probably random, then all the 1-0s play each other, the 0-1s play each other, the 2-0s play each other, the 1-1s play each other, etc.

I get the idea behind that but within about the past 7 days something feels off. I've been running these ATs 2 or 3 times a day since Swiss was released, and it used to be like: "We could lose first round to the good team, play 3 rounds and win every round, and then rematch the good team in the final round and potentially win vs. them with a higher score than they beat us with, and we actually end up taking 1st in the AT". But lately, and I'm not the only person to notice it, You lose 1st round and it almost ensures you only get 10g even if you win every other round, regardless of how badly you smash those teams. And this is happening whether there are 6 entries, or 8, or 10+ teams.

So what I'm wondering is, if it works the way you said, it would look like this, and this looks right from what I remember happening within the past 12 months.

Not sure why it won't display the chart I made but here you go:

https://imgur.com/b6yL8gY

What I am saying is that it isn't doing that lately. I don't know exactly what is going on or why it happens, which is what I'm trying to figure out, but lately you can be that P2+ team and lose 1st round and only take 10g in the midst of a bunch of G2 teams which are somehow seeding ahead of the P2+ team when I know for a fact there is no way they could be matching win/loss or score ratios.

Arenanet needs to look into it.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524