A bit pissed at Devs

Since when do WE have to play the game your way ?? Seriously

You favor melee combat over casters and yet RANGERS & DE hit from 1500 range. Now you're favoring condi over power builds

Here is a simple concept .... STOP SCREWING UP OUR GAME !!!!

Every time since launch when a caster class figures out something that works for them ..... YOU NERF IT !!!!

Here's one I bet the player base DOESN'T KNOW .... Make two characters of different races, same profession and same armor & weapons> press H & compare the numbers 

(THEY AIN"T THE SAME ) ... so your BALANCE PATCHES are simply making an UNFAIR game more unfair

Societies around the world have different terms to describe this behavior ... I'll let them pick their own words.

Brought to you by a CASUAL IDIOT that believes what his eyes can SEE ....not what they read,  and cannot be proven with posts,  using pretty words about balancing the game.

Just my 2 cents

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 2

First of all, ANet is a private company, and Guild Wars franchise if their business product they sell to us. It is their game, not "ours", and ANet is free to do whatever they want. At the same time, if they mess up things really hard, some players may leave or stop buying gems which is the main source of income to them. That's in short how it works.

Modern society is still very immature and prefer creating raging posts on various platforms (Reddit, Twitter, here on forum) thinking they can really affect something by doing that.

ANet read forums, we know that. ANet doesn't really care about bots and hacks, we know it as well: it's a proven fact. But I will repeat again - ANet is free to do with their product whatever they want and balance it as they want. You as a customer/consumer have a single but strong way to express your opinion - your money. You don't like something - don't buy the product and anything related to it. Business language is a language of money, not emotions.

Now regarding the balance itself. When I came to this game, power classes were on top. Later after another balance patch things has changed - condi classes became meta. I had to abandon my power sword warrior and start crafting expensive Viper gear. Later I swapped to axe/axe warrior because it was performing well both in raids and in fractals, as well as in open world.

Things change every year or two and I find it to be a good thing. I prefer trying something new instead of seeing the same classes and builds everywhere (yes, guardians, ANet still gives you too much favor).

Edited by Rihar.3465
  • Like 17
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Erm. No. We are the customers, it's "Our" game. If they produce a game that we don't want, guess who doesn't get paid?

Please, read my post again, not only two sentences at the beginning.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MSJ.8760 said:

Here's one I bet the player base DOESN'T KNOW .... Make two characters of different races, same profession and same armor & weapons> press H & compare the numbers 

(THEY AIN"T THE SAME )

Are they standing in the same spot? Same traits? Same consumables? Same buffs and debuffs? Do you have a screenshot of whatever difference you think you saw?

Edited by Rasimir.6239
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You've always had to play the game their way, since day one.  There was a period of time where condi really wasn't meta and every thing was a power meta.  At that point that's what you had to play. There was a bunker meta at one point. There's a stacking meta.

But it's not the company who defines metas it's the player base.  In the old days if you were a ranger or a necro it was harder to get into a dungeon group because players didn't want you there.  Not that they were necessarily bad, but there were better options.

Thinking anything has really changed feels a bit naive. to me. We've always had to play the game as it exists.  The fact is, if you don't change a game, some people get bored. Others will complain about any change.

My guess is long term leaving everything the same is far worse for the game over all than making changes, even if everyone doesn't like those changes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MSJ.8760 said:

You favor melee combat over casters and yet RANGERS & DE hit from 1500 range. Now you're favoring condi over power builds

You make that claim while also stating how power builds still have insane range.

Seems a bit of a contradiction.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Erm. No. We are the customers, it's "Our" game. If they produce a game that we don't want, guess who doesn't get paid?

The game we buy is simply a service Anet provides for a fee we pay. You don't own any part of it. Even your account is Anets asset. It's 'OUR' game? That doesn't make any sense, no more than any other service we can purchase is 'ours' either. 

Of course if the game is trash, people won't play it ... but that has NOTHING to do with one individual's feelings towards a change. The complaint doesn't even make sense. The changes made to the game don't change the fact the OP can still play how he wants.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The game we buy is simply a service Anet provides for a fee we pay. You don't own any part of it. Even your account is Anets asset. It's 'OUR' game? That doesn't make any sense, no more than any other service we can purchase is 'ours' either. 

Of course if the game is trash, people won't play it ... but that has NOTHING to do with one individual's feelings towards a change. The complaint doesn't even make sense. The changes made to the game don't change the fact the OP can still play how he wants.

Regardless of the OP's original complaint, I was just making a point on that same argument I see in so many other game communities. It's the age old excuse of "They are a private company, it's their product, blahblahblah".  It's a shutdown to even the most valid complaints about a game. Players should have their voices heard.

This kind of thinking is rampant on social media platforms where valid opinions are censored by social media companies, and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and say "they are a private company, it's fine"

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Regardless of the OP's original complaint, I was just making a point on that same argument I see in so many other game communities. It's the age old excuse of "They are a private company, it's their product, blahblahblah".  Companies work for their customers, not the other way around!

Well, let's be clear. Anet provides a service. If people like it, they use it, or not if they don't. Anet does not 'work' for us and the game isn't 'ours'.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, let's be clear. Anet provides a service. If people like it, they use it, or not if they don't. Anet does not 'work' for us and the game isn't 'ours'. 

When you buy a product, it's yours. I paid for GW2, and more than once. I consider GW2 "Mine". But it is all of ours, collectively.

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

When you buy a product, it's yours. I paid for GW2, and more than once.

Except you didn't buy a product here. You are paying for access to a service. What you consider yours is irrelevant. That's not how a service works. 

Uh oh .. someone doesn't understand what they are paying for!

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Except you didn't buy a product here. You are paying for access to a service. 

It's the same thing. If I've payed for a service, then it's mine for the time I've paid for. It's no different than when you rent a movie or pay your rent. If I pay a subscription then the product is mine so long as my contract isn't broken. Etc..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

It's the same thing. If I've payed for a service, then it's mine for the time I've paid for. It's no different than when you rent a movie or pay your rent. If I pay a subscription then the product is mine so long as my contract isn't broken. Etc..

then if it's YOUR game sort it out. 

tut tut

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Paying for a product is not the same thing as paying for a service. In one case you own something, in the other you don't. That's not semantics either because the difference dictates the scope of expectations and the period of time it applies. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Paying for a product is not the same thing as paying for a service. In one case you own something, in the other you don't. 

All you talk are semantics. "Service this", "Service that", it doesn't mean anything what you are saying. They are buzzwords. Someone told you this is a service and you believed them. GW2 is not a service, it's a product. A product that you pay for.

• Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Someone told you this is a service and you believed them. 

That someone would be Anet. Go read the EULA. You don't own anything from the transaction, so you didn't buy a product. You are paying for access to a gaming service Anet provides. Nothing more. You don't even own your account; it's an Anet asset. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

All you talk are semantics. "Service this", "Service that", it doesn't mean anything what you are saying. They are buzzwords. Someone told you this is a service and you believed them. GW2 is not a service, it's a product. A product that you pay for.

You are missing the point. Guild Wars 2 is a service, but I wouldn't necessary call it a product. Like may games it all operates under DRM laws (Digital Rights Management). You don't technically own the game, it's more like you are renting it. You are paying for a service (A key supplied from anet that you tie to your account) which gives you access to content. You can kind of compare it to something like, paying for youtube premium. Except, in the case with Gw2, you only pay once without subscription fees.

This is the case for all DRM game services. For example, you do not really own games from Steam either. You only own the keys which allow you the right to access those games. Steam could technically shut down today and you could lose all the access to the games you have installed right now. But the reason this doesn't happen is because Valve corp will lose out on billions of dollars. But you never know, an intense Solar Flare from the sun could wipe out the data centers which valve uses and you could lose the ability to play the games you want. That is just a hypothetical possibility.

• Like 2

That someone would be Anet. Go read the EULA. You don't own anything from the transaction, so you didn't buy a product. 

I pay for access to HoT and I'm delivered a CD Key. If I lose my CD key and I contact support - am I entitled to a new CD Key?

Yes?

Then I own the product. I paid for HoT, Anet delivered me a CD Key in exchange for my money. Are you saying I don't own the CD I paid for that is in my possession?

If I lost my CD Key and contacted support with my name and date of birth, they would re-issue me that CD key, would they not? Or would they just tell me "Sorry, you don't own anything from that transaction. You have no right to the "service" you paid for. Good day!"

• Confused 3

So I OWN the right!

Thank you!

But you don't own the game. It's not yours, it's Arena nets. You own the right to play the game, but they can take that right away from you, if you don't follow their rules.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I pay for access to HoT and I'm delivered a CD Key. If I lose my CD key and I contact support - am I entitled to a new CD Key?

Yes?

Then I own the product.

No, you don't own anything, you are simply paying for access to a service. You need to go read and understand the EULA. There are very real implications to why this difference is important TO YOU as a player and how it affects you. You don't even own the key ... because Anet can revoke that key if you violate the terms of the service they provide you. I'm not even sure you are entitled to a new CD key if you 'lose' it ... it would think that depends on the situation.

This isn't semantics ... if affects how Anet views us as a customer, including how they view our feedback. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7

Well, if all of what you are saying is true then I must say, that really devalues the product in my eyes. Why even keep playing this game for 8 years now? The only reason I still play because the time I've invested. But if this is just a cheap "service game" then honestly that's pretty depressing. How can I keep playing a game, knowing that they could take it away from all of us at any time and we lost everything we paid for and spent time on.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1