Living World Season 2 Return (May 25 - June 22)

2 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Is this just an ad for Season 2 being free if you missed it, or are they doing something to revive Season 2? Maybe new achievements and such?

Reading the blogs helps

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

The new achievements and their rewards will be available permanently, so you can always complete them even if you miss the spotlight weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Reading the blogs helps

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

The new achievements and their rewards will be available permanently, so you can always complete them even if you miss the spotlight weeks.

Thanks. This sounds like fun.

after this ticket feedback attached below in quote, how suggestion of SUPPORT i´m here.

would like to know how those who bought Season 2 and 3 gems will be rewarded now that it is FREE? Anet always punishes those who support the company by buying gems, episodes and everything. The bad rewards of WVW  all time. Now we have content that was paid for in GEMS purchased with real money, being given for free. What will we receive in return?

The theory that paying was a punishment for not playing on the launch date of the season, it is not valid because whoever is winning now FREE has also not played the game in recent years as I played, and really the period that will be free, work commitments took me away from the game. Now I and many others who spend real money are punished again for not being REWARDED for buying something that is now free again.
Why dont give free  the HERO OF LIONS ARCH title for everyone who didn't play SEASON 1 too ?

GM Cunorix (Guild Wars 2 Support)

May 18, 2021, 12:21 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!

We understand that you’re seeking a refund for Living World Seasons 2 and 3 purchased from the Gem Store. Sadly, we are unable to refund the Gems used to make this purchase due to the length of time which has elapsed since the completion of these purchases. 

I understand your frustration at this situation. I recommend that you share these ideas with the Development team. We have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage players to post their ideas in our forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com

Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in the PvP sub-forum. If you are making a suggestion about a specific profession, please post in that profession's sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in that sub-forum.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Regards,

GM Cunorix
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

Edited by vonhellsing.2819
fix some mistakes in english not my language
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well depends on when they were bought, if it is close to the april 27th annuncement you should be able to get a refund.

Since this is close to 7 year old content I understand why A-net make it free to encourage more early adopters before EoD.

This is  a Comercial transaction, if they make we paid per some thats we lost in lauch data, they dont need be free again or refound who paid or give some in same price.

12 minutes ago, vonhellsing.2819 said:

This is  a Comercial transaction, if they make we paid per some thats we lost in lauch data, they dont need be free again or refound who paid or give some in same price.

You have been able to play it for how ever many months you had it.

Do you go down to the store when you bought an item for 30 bucks last week and now they got a buy 1 get 1 free deal this week, then you demand a free one or 15 bucks back?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You have been able to play it for how ever many months you had it.

Do you go down to the store when you bought an item for 30 bucks last week and now they got a buy 1 get 1 free deal this week, then you demand a free one or 15 bucks back?

Also, if unhappy customers want a refund, the customers should also refund the time they spent on purchased contents. I’m sure companies will gladly refund then. 🙂

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

Would you be willing to have your account rolled back to the time before you purchased said content, to qualify for the refund?

Because, to make it equate to those just now receiving the content at no cost, your account would need all rewards/advantages that were acquired from said content removed from your account. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

As I plan to celebrate the Living World Return event by playing through the episodes using a character that hasn't done them, when they add the new achievements, I hope they change the requirement that you have complete the whole mission first on a character to be able to earn achievements, like what happened with the Season 2 episodes. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:23 PM, Sempko.1834 said:

Does anyone know if free accounts can redeem this?  I have a few alt accounts that could make use of this, since I'm waiting on the next sale to upgrade them to HoT/PoF.

All accounts can redeem this. They just won’t have access to any content which requires an expansion. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:24 PM, vonhellsing.2819 said:

That doesn't make sense ... at the time you bought it, it wasn't free, and you used it and got value from doing so. 

1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

It takes an incredible amount of entitlement to feel punished when other people receive a gift. Like, off the charts.

So much so, you would think that those people wouldn't make such posts just from the embarrassment of how they appear to others. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1