Seriously? now a set of armor skin cost 2900 Gems?

Seriously, people.  YOU DON'T PAY ANYTHING TO PLAY THE GAME ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS, unlike pretty much every other decent MMO out there. 

Nobody's forcing you to buy ANYTHING on the gem store.

So, come on.  Stop with the hysterics.  If you don't like the prices, don't buy them.  You can live full, rich and happy lives without them.  Meanwhile, the people who are developing this game have to eat, too.

Edited by Cameryn.5310
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Where did I tell anyone what they can do or say?

A couple minutes ago when you said 

Omg, the entitlement of some people... You literally don't need it. Don't want it? Don't get it.

Then on the same post, you repeated yourself this time with caps lock on

Don't like it? Costs too much? Somehow collides with your personal belief system? Then DON'T GET IT. 

Hopefuly these references will prevent you from forgetting what you said minutes prior to saying "oh, where did I say that?"

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Umm... nowhere did I, nor anyone else from what I have seen, state that "doing anything in game is a guaranteed gemstore item".  Please don't make things up.

3 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Funny since they told us years ago that only outfits would be in the gemstore and armor skins would be available from playing the game. I guess that wasn’t profitable enough. 

People say fashion is the endgame of GW2 but most of the desirable skins are in the gemstore. A brand new account can simply finish the starter instance, buy the skins, and “beat the game”. 

Hmm

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

Hmm

And?  Nothing you quoted shows me stating that doing anything in game is a guaranteed gem store item as you have claimed.  That idea came entirely from you and had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed.

I probably should add this, although it's unnecessary: armor skins exist outside of the gem store.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

And?  Nothing you quoted shows me stating that doing anything in game is a guaranteed gem store item as you have claimed.  That idea came entirely from you and had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed.

I probably should add this, although it's unnecessary: armor skins exist outside of the gem store.

You’re going to seriously try and say that your post wasn’t referring to armor skins from the gemstore? You even said it yourself that yes... there are armor skins outside of the gemstore. 

So it begs the question, what point were you trying to make? Anet never said there wouldn’t be individual armor pieces in the gem store, nor weapon skins for that matter. I stated from day 1 they had primeval... there have been more since, some sold as complete sets, some that are individually sold... I mean they aren’t required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You’re going to seriously try and say that your post wasn’t referring to armor skins from the gemstore? You even said it yourself that yes... there are armor skins outside of the gemstore. 

So it begs the question, what point were you trying to make? Anet never said there wouldn’t be individual armor pieces in the gem store, nor weapon skins for that matter. I stated from day 1 they had primeval... there have been more since, some sold as complete sets, some that are individually sold... I mean they aren’t required. 

I didn't.  Read the post again.  The only thing about the gemstore that I mentioned was outfits.

The point that I was making was that years ago Anet had stated that outfits would be obtainable in the gemstore but armor skins would be obtainable through playing the game (or maybe they meant armor sets).  You twisted that statement to make it as if I stated that gem store armor skins would be obtainable in the game.

Edit:

Still trying to find their exact post about having outfits be gem store only and armor sets being obtainable through playing the game but I'm finding references.  Those of us who were around back these should remember this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Less-Outfits-more-Armor-Skins/page/1#post6312331

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stop-making-Outfits-Start-making-Armor/page/1#post6440269

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

if it was a set that i wanted then i might actually pay that price (as high as it is), but its just another fugly full plate set.

hopefully they don't look at the poor sales of this ugly armour and decide again that armour isn't worth their time.

release some sexy armour and i'll throw money at the screen!

• Confused 2

Old quote about armor being ingame rewards 

Spotlight on Crystin Cox

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.”

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Old quote about armor being ingame rewards 

Spotlight on Crystin Cox

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.”

And things do evolve and plans change over time.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

People are complaining about Ice Reaver Armor.  Is it because all six pieces are out now?  After all, the first piece came out about six months ago.  Where were the complaints when the various component pieces came out?  Maybe I missed them? 😒

Edited by IndigoSundown.5419

6 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

People are complaining about Ice Reaver Armor.  Is it because all six pieces are out now?  After all, the first piece came out about six months ago.  Where were the complaints when the various component pieces came out?  Maybe I missed them? 😒

Well people were kinda used to the odd helm, boots, gloves or shoulder skin poping up in the gemstore but not a full set.

Something A-net themselfs said was going to be ingame rewards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

People are complaining about Ice Reaver Armor.  Is it because all six pieces are out now?

In short, yes.

This is the first time in a long time that a complete set of armor has been made available in the shop (which is a thing a lot of people have asked for). In the past, this was done at a price of 800 gems per weight whereas this new set can be worn across all weights, but only has one version and is more than three times the price. People weren't thrilled about the cost of the individual armor pieces being put in the shop either (Trust me, there were threads), but they never had a complaint to make about full sets until now because ArenaNet wasn't doing full sets until now.

When specialty mount skins came out, they were 2,000 gems a pop - nowadays they seem to be coming out at 1,600 instead (I'd guess because of how many people disliked their higher price), so there's precedent for price adjustment. This 2,900 gem armor set thing might go the same way, but it's hard to tell considering there is no sales data yet for them to see if it's lucrative at that cost.

ArenaNet has a genie-like habit of giving players what they want, but with an undesirable twist. At the moment this means giving them mix-and-match armor sets, but only one version and at a comparatively pricey rate. How (or if) they'll respond to feedback on this is anyone's guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They have to make money to keep the game going, every game has too. Would you rather pay a sub fee? let me tell you games like wow and FF have all the bells and whistles ingame, but the tradeoff is you pay monthly to be able to log in, plus you pay for the expansions. So its one or the other here, they have to make money to support the game. I paid 15 dollars  every month to blizzard for 13 years never stopped, but it was worth it. GW2 is worth it also, if we MMO gamers dont support these games, you know what you will have in the future? Nothing but pissant little mobile games that have diddly squat for depth and character, true gaming is becoming a lost art. Its up to the gamers to keep what we love alive and going, because the big shots that run the companies dont give a kitten except about the bottom line. They are more than happy to take down the big mmos and push stupid phone games. I say no ty.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

In short, yes.

This is the first time in a long time that a complete set of armor has been made available in the shop (which is a thing a lot of people have asked for). In the past, this was done at a price of 800 gems per weight whereas this new set can be worn across all weights, but only has one version and is more than three times the price. People weren't thrilled about the cost of the individual armor pieces being put in the shop either (Trust me, there were threads), but they never had a complaint to make about full sets until now because ArenaNet wasn't doing full sets until now.

When specialty mount skins came out, they were 2,000 gems a pop - nowadays they seem to be coming out at 1,600 instead (I'd guess because of how many people disliked their higher price), so there's precedent for price adjustment. This 2,900 gem armor set thing might go the same way, but it's hard to tell considering there is no sales data yet for them to see if it's lucrative at that cost.

ArenaNet has a genie-like habit of giving players what they want, but with an undesirable twist. At the moment this means giving them mix-and-match armor sets, but only one version and at a comparatively pricey rate. How (or if) they'll respond to feedback on this is anyone's guess.

The greaves and gauntlets are 20% off right now and there's no reason to believe that the pieces will not be discounted further in the future if the uptake isn't high. If the cost is the only "problem" then people can wait for sales until the cost is suitable for them.

In the past there have been pieces of similar cost (500 gems) that were quite popular including Chaos Gloves , Storm Gloves, and Etherbound Greaves/ Pauldrons / Gauntlets .

10 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Funny since they told us years ago that only outfits would be in the gemstore and armor skins would be available from playing the game. I guess that wasn’t profitable enough. 

People say fashion is the endgame of GW2 but most of the desirable skins are in the gemstore. A brand new account can simply finish the starter instance, buy the skins, and “beat the game”. 

those skins from Gem Store are not the best tho. It is mostly based on personal opinion

6 minutes ago, Frozenize.9603 said:

those skins from Gem Store are not the best tho. It is mostly based on personal opinion

Same can be said about those obtainable from playing the game. The thing is that many of the skins you can buy off the gem store rivals even Legendaries. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

While I agree that it's pretty pricey, fashion IS optional. There's no in-game benefit to having the entire Ice Reaver set, and you can always wait for a package/sale or possibly when the armor pieces get added to the Wardrobe Unlock.

On a related note, if ANet is making full armor sets again, can I request that your next completed set be the Toxic armor set? I've been wanting a full Toxic armor set for my Sylvari ever since the gloves and shoulders came out all those many years ago. :)