New changes to retal hurting Support FB in WvW

Sonja.3497

3 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

this reminds me of the guard mains complaining about their lootstick nerf way back in the day. pure juice.

Actually I distinctly remember the thread asking for staff to be changed in the fashion it is now because "it is a ranged weapon" for PvE purposes. I believe the title was something along the lines of "make staff usable in PVE".

It wasn't changed because of WvW.

Edited by Infusion.7149

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Actually I distinctly remember the thread asking for staff to be changed in the fashion it is now because "it is a ranged weapon" for PvE purposes. I believe the title was something along the lines of "make staff usable in PVE".

It wasn't changed because of WvW.

There were two major changes to Guardian Staff 1. Wave of Wrath was reduced from the original range of 600 to 300 and had the angle of attack increased. This was the change I remember causing the most uproar among the WvW community. The second change (which is what I believe you're referring to) occurred a year later when Wave of Wrath was replaced by the Bolt of Wrath attack chain.

If it's 2017 you mean, it's pre-firebrand. Cleaving 5 people was still already among the best as holosmith didn't exist either and engineer was generally unused because gyros weren't changed then (that was 2019). If I remember correctly then it was boon chrono + herald dominance with a bit of aura tempest.

Edited by Infusion.7149