mesmer healer?

zackypooh.6589

Im new, ive been lvling mesmer looking forward to late game and noticed it has a specialization tree that leans toward healing its allies. I cant find any healing mesmer builds or videos out there.

Is healing a role it can fill late game? Why or Why not? (I just want to learn 😁)

No it is not a viable healer. Mantras were changed this patch and generally you would only run heals on a mesmer if you are tanking on minstrel.

The primary methods to heal others on mesmer:

• Wells - 20s + cooldowns , ~2,500 with All's Well That Ends Well   on chronomancer spec only
  • Mantras - 20s + cooldown each post patch , ~ 1500ish in minstrel with Restorative Mantras
  • Illusions summoned - ~650 each in minstrel with Illusionary Inspiration
  • Shatters (clunky)  - ~800 with Restorative Illusions and Healing Prism (10s Internal cooldown)
Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

No it is not a viable healer. Mantras were changed this patch and generally you would only run heals on a mesmer if you are tanking on minstrel.

• Wells - 20s + cooldowns , ~2,500 with All's Well That Ends Well   on chronomancer spec only
  • Mantras - 20s + cooldown each post patch , ~ 1500ish in minstrel with Restorative Mantras
  • Shatters (clunky)  - ~800 with Restorative Illusions and Healing Prism (10s Internal cooldown)

Thanks,

Are you saying it cant  be a primary healer because of long cool downs or the heals are too weak? And what is minstrel?

The heals overall are too low. The other support options that mesmer brings are also fairly lacking and fills very niche rolls. They can be used in WvW but your only going to bring a small amount compared to other classes. Mainly your looking for CC's and boonstrips in larger groups and the side healing is just a benefit if it happens in cases when the other traits just aren't good in the line at all.

• Like 2

It can be made to be kind of a "secondary" healer, more of a "sustain" than any actual healing but since heals are so weak even on Minstrel, your healing is going to happen as a side thing, not something you can focus on.

And i've only seen this "kind of work" in WvW on a Boonstrip support build, but again, it's bad healing overall.

19 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Just to add - people need to be in a well on the 3rd pulse for it to heal, so it's doubly bad.

Mantras are so bad overall now.

Illusions summoned, weak "sustainy" heal, but you can't rely on it in a pinch.

Shatters, also weak and sustainy and unreliable.

All in all, mesmer has unreliable heals that can't save anyone in a pinch which is what healers should do.

• Like 1

I've tried it with full Minstrel Mirage in WvW, 4 mantras, staff/staff with energy, and dodge food. It's extremely lackluster in healing potential and can mostly maintain alac/8 might to anyone near it, but that's about it. If they didn't cut the mantra healing in half, or if the mantras themselves weren't so bad, it would be usable. 

EDIT: I should mention that with Sand Shards it's actually very useful in melee zergs, given that it's super tanky and can dodge through enemy groups, ripping their stab/prots. However, from a support point of view it's really not worth it.

Edited by Hackuuna.4085
  • Like 1

Chronomancer is hardly a passable support spec since it's utility skills are dedicated to clunky wells.

They should reverse wells (except gravity well) so that the final pulse happens at the beginning, and have Alls Well Ends Well also happen at the first tick.

Add to the fact that Mesmers are severely lacking in MH support weapons and it just spirals down from there. Sword & Scepter offer very little for group buffing, GS is the power burst weapon and... staff is still basically the same garbage weapon for support since it's not on a Mirage, even with the buffs.

The problem with Mesmer heals are either: they have big heals but clunky mechanics, the healing is insignificant, or both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lockhart.6048 said:

Chronomancer is hardly a passable support spec since it's utility skills are dedicated to clunky wells.

They should reverse wells (except gravity well) so that the final pulse happens at the beginning, and have Alls Well Ends Well also happen at the first tick.

Add to the fact that Mesmers are severely lacking in MH support weapons and it just spirals down from there. Sword & Scepter offer very little for group buffing, GS is the power burst weapon and... staff is still basically the same garbage weapon for support since it's not on a Mirage, even with the buffs.

The problem with Mesmer heals are either: they have big heals but clunky mechanics, the healing is insignificant, or both.

Then they should fix the wells, although maybe not AWTEW on the first tick since you want to be healed as well when you double them with CS. We don't need to devote an entire spec to healing when we already have a support spec. And it is a support. Alacrity./stm/cs/shield/grav exist. It just isn't the best in slot as a healer.

edit: also scepter is basically a support weapon because illusionary inspiration and seize the moment exist.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816

Yeah, no. No more supp mesmer, let us have a real dps option. One that work with different build not something boring like the glass chrono we get who is just a weird overnerfed support changed to dps..

Make chrono a great support again like it's supposed to be, let mirage as condi and release a good well rounded power dps spe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Then they should fix the wells, although maybe not AWTEW on the first tick since you want to be healed as well when you double them with CS. We don't need to devote an entire spec to healing when we already have a support spec. And it is a support. Alacrity./stm/cs/shield/grav exist. It just isn't the best in slot as a healer.

edit: also scepter is basically a support weapon because illusionary inspiration and seize the moment exist.

Sorry a lot of those things you listed as a strength for Chronos are not as applicable anymore. Quite literally no one relies on Chronos for constant application of alacrity anymore, and the *burst* CCs from a support heal alacrity renegade can swoop way past what a Chrono can do.

The healing from scepter + illusionary inspiration is borderline insignificant compared to the output medkit scrappers, heal druids/tempests/scourge/renegades/firebrands. Even with accounting for StM, a heal firebrand can match and even out-support a support Chrono easily, only losing out on CCs. And even then, HFBs can opt for improved Bane Signet for improved breakbaring.

Chrono is no longer BiS for support and it was never (and surprise, still isn't) BiS for healing.

Edited by lockhart.6048
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lockhart.6048 said:

Sorry a lot of those things you listed as a strength for Chronos are not as applicable anymore. Quite literally no one relies on Chronos for constant application of alacrity anymore, and the *burst* CCs from a support heal alacrity renegade can swoop way past what a Chrono can do. [snip]...

I mean you still run condi chrono for alacrity+quickness on largos. And power quickness chrono will still be used instead of heal firebrands in several raids.  It is also a meta support in WvW. No comment on pvp/fractals though. But again we are better served by them fixing the support on our support spec than creating a healer.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816

On 5/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, aaron.7850 said:

if we dont get a healer spec in the next expansion I will be so pissed

Get ready to be pissed then. 

Cause I don't think they will. Imho a cantha expansion is prolly the perfect time to give us Hex's etc etc from gw1 mesmer 

MEsmers have been asking for it for 8 years. Imho it's prolly the smartest decision. This is a nostalgia expansion, to sell it properly it will need to deliever on every aspect. 

I think main hand dagger, Hex's replacing F1-F5 with trap utility that spawn clones to utilise our clone traits is my strongest bet. 

I don't think a healing mesmer would work really. Prolly be a very clunky concept and would be nerfed into the floor like everytime they've tried to give mesmers support in the past 🤣🤣

we have a alacrity build, a quickness build, we are main tanks in raids.. litterally. In PvE no one wants us for DPS. 

we get referred to as "Chrono jail". If they throw primary healer on the heap they will kitten alot more. 

.we are litterally nothing but support. And you want more support thrown on top? Elites should give us a new playstyle. Not doubling down on what we already do.

Been a long time since we've had a power DPS weapon.. given we got shield and axe from our last 2. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 6:02 AM, lockhart.6048 said:

Yeah cause chrono got nerfed into the floor over time. So sure now it isn't. Chronos a main tank basically. 

But we do have alot of support builds. 

Main tank

Alacrity mirage

Quickness chrono. 

These builds are based on support and that is exactly what they do.. mesmer actually doesn't have any DPS builds it's taken into raids for realistically. 

Every one of our elites somehow got turned into primarily a boon support option and it's reached the point where we now lost our roaming role in SPVP 

9 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Yeah cause chrono got nerfed into the floor over time. So sure now it isn't. Chronos a main tank basically. 

But we do have alot of support builds. 

Main tank

Alacrity mirage

Quickness chrono. 

These builds are based on support and that is exactly what they do.. mesmer actually doesn't have any DPS builds it's taken into raids for realistically. 

Every one of our elites somehow got turned into primarily a boon support option and it's reached the point where we now lost our roaming role in SPVP 

Agreed. The specs need a major re-vamping.

Why make Mirages another boon support machine ? I don't understand it honestly. Mirage needs to be revamped to have both decent power and condi DPS options, kind of like how Weavers are, not be Alacrity Machine part 3. 

Improve Chrono skills and traits a bit to be the profession's support spec.

Another rant - we some incredibly useless traits that make Insp/Chaos overall worse as a trait line. Chaos GM traits aren't the best, except maybe Bountiful Disillusion. PU is super specific and Chaotic interruption is kind of garbage or not too useful. Mental Defense from Inspiration is horrendous in competitive game modes and isn't too good in PvE either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lockhart.6048 said:

Agreed. The specs need a major re-vamping.

Why make Mirages another boon support machine ? I don't understand it honestly. Mirage needs to be revamped to have both decent power and condi DPS options, kind of like how Weavers are, not be Alacrity Machine part 3. 

Improve Chrono skills and traits a bit to be the profession's support spec.

Another rant - we some incredibly useless traits that make Insp/Chaos overall worse as a trait line. Chaos GM traits aren't the best, except maybe Bountiful Disillusion. PU is super specific and Chaotic interruption is kind of garbage or not too useful. Mental Defense from Inspiration is horrendous in competitive game modes and isn't too good in PvE either.

funny thing is mirage will likely get gutted for that choice too in a upcoming balance patch.

• Like 1

What i will never understand is, that instead of consistently demanding that Chrono remains the support spec for mesmer, many have said as a counter-argument “think of chrono bunker meta, nobody wants that again” or something similar and would rather want a completely new espec to do what?  Exactly, to support. 

The situation of two kitten support especs wouldn’t have changed even if the new spec would be focused on heal (which is totally ridiculous if you think about the existence of druid, firebrand, scrapper, sb, ele, or even scourge in a broader sense).

We all know from the past that ANet will most likely never going to implement what we suggested BUT you have to think about it in a simpler way. ANet doesn’t hear „We want to play mirage with two dodges“. They just recognizes the interest of the community to play mirage and understands that the community feels like it has mechanical flaws. The implementation of a second doge was for them from the table as soon as they deleted it (Yes we got IP back but this is only one thing in 8 years and not as gamebreaking for some people as MC)

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 10:31 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Cause I don't think they will. Imho a cantha expansion is prolly the perfect time to give us Hex's etc etc from gw1 mesmer 

Aren't Hexes basically debuffs? Guild Wars 2 already has that on every profession, it's just that they're called non-damaging conditions here. How would Hexes even work in GW2's combat system? More so, how would they be different than what every profession already applies tons of? Even "worse" - i've seen hexes (from descriptions i read) basically remove buffs? That's boonstrips, chrono already does that pretty good and Necros can do it even better so what's so unique about Hexes and how do people think they'll work in GW2?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Aren't Hexes basically debuffs? Guild Wars 2 already has that on every profession, it's just that they're called non-damaging conditions here. How would Hexes even work in GW2's combat system? More so, how would they be different than what every profession already applies tons of? Even "worse" - i've seen hexes (from descriptions i read) basically remove buffs? That's boonstrips, chrono already does that pretty good and Necros can do it even better so what's so unique about Hexes and how do people think they'll work in GW2?

This would basically be my wish Mesmer. Now that they introduced the new resistance and the current state of chrono as pure dps, it could be amazing to have a focus on non damagin based conditions. Lots of weakness, slow, chill, blind, vulnerability and cripple. Could be totall insane and would be the definition of Mesmer if you ask me. Pair that with effects that deal direct damage as soon as one of these conditions is applied, like power block with interrupt, and you would have a solid direction to go.

• Confused 1

Anything "new" and "exlusive" to the class will be eventually given to other class and abuse it worse then the original intent. For example torment was suppose to be a necro exclusive condi while confusion was mesmer exclusive when they first introduced it, next was alacrity that was suppose to be chrono exclusive. Now look at what happen when you give those "exclusive" things to other classes??? Well need I remind people when perplexity runes first came out? Or how about the class that alacrity was suppose to be "exclusive" for now gets outshined by other classes that have it.