Good mesmer open world build?

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

So you're just trashing a suggestion without adding anything constructive, got it.

Nope, I'm trashing the suggestion because it's bad advice ... and I've said why numerous times now. If that prevents someone from wasting their time and gold doing something, that's certainly a hell of alot more constructive than offering bad advice. 

I mean, let's play a game ... do you use that build? Where? Have you used it for what it was intended for? have you tested it in Orr? or core GW2? I mean, your giving someone advice that it's a 'good build' for OW ... so let's see what your qualification is to suggest this build because I can assure you, I can answer YES to all those questions ... and it's not a good build for OW content because it's build to do ONE thing very well ... and nothing else. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nope, I'm trashing the suggestion because it's bad advice ... and I've said why numerous times now. If that prevents someone from wasting their time and gold doing something, that's certainly a hell of alot more constructive than offering bad advice. 

I mean, let's play a game ... do you use that build? Where?

Now who has a reading comprehension?

I already said i use that build in the entire open world. I also did dungeons with it solo and with groups. Story - no problem. There is not one situation in the open world that this build didn't serve me perfectly and i can do all open world content with it.

All you said was, "build is trash" because it limits you somehow but didn't bother to explain how or add examples.

"Build has more survival than you need in most encounters". So? That makes it bad? Because you don't do Raid DPS with it? Open world is not raids, and a build that can do everything in open world is better than a build that can do just trash mobs or just something. This build can do everything. Trash mobs melt btw, it's more than enough "deepee-es" for what you'll encounter in OW.

This is the only "argument" you had in all your posts btw, everything else is just "build bad" without explanation and no, this isn't my reading comprehension at faul, it's your communication skills that are failing. If you want to argue something then provide an explanation and an example of your argument and why you think that way. Otherwise "build bad saving people from bad build" is not an argument, nor it is constructive.

• Like 2

The vast majority of regular open world enemies do so little damage that sacrificing high damage for big defense is a waste. For the few occasions where the player needs a defense oriented build, the player can switch to a defensive build for that specific content. For all the rest, it’d be a waste to use a defensive build that takes 5 seconds to kill a regular enemy (with absolutely no benefits to gain from having more defense), when you can just take an offensive build that kills in 2 seconds.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Pretty sure a simple berserker scholar chronophantasma build is what the op needs.

I'm not sure why anyone would recommend loltrailblazers for open world.

Forgot about the power builds. This greatsword power Mirage is fun and cheap, if you use Berserker trinkets (I like Marauder's for more health):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PihAEZlVwUYbMImJOyK5PNA-zRRYBKmKQM4yIwSIiMwk5oaGA-e

This variant uses Inspiration trait line instead of Domination for more sustain, so its more forgiving and more survivable:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PihAEZlVwUYbMImJWyTrPNA-zRRYBKmKQM4yIwSIiMwk5oaGA-e

Even with exotics this will be quite capable, and is one I've used in Tangled Depths often. Clone generation and shattering is your focus, so typically start with GS4 > GS2.  Clones are also generated from Deceptive Evasion trait and Signet of Illusions, so getting a third clone is usually automatic. Stay at range, and use GS1 & GS3 as fillers when Mirage Cloak (via dodge) isn't available. 

Power builds like this are very satisfying, and its nice that it can be quite effective in exotics.

From what I've read here since I posted, seem like MANY people speak about something they don't know OR are extremely bad at playing staff/staff mirage.

Since the update this build melt trash and boss extremely fast and can easily rekt a pack of mob with combo aera from staff 5 + elite and staff 2 blast = ton of condi.

Staff/staff mirage WAS very slow and boring to kill thing but very good at not diying. Now, thx to the speed buff on staff 1 + Alac + 25might + tourment change you melt everything easily.

I won't trust anyone saying this build doesn't do dmg or "have slow ramp-up".

Play it, correctly and you'll understand how good it is now for OW.

And for meta.. Plz.. anything work. You wanna tag more ? Take GS and it's enough.

And if you wanna kill even more trash and faster, just take stamina sigil like I said in my 1st post.

This build is by no mean the only available build. BUT it is by FAR the best build mesmer can ever dream for OW / Solo / Story.

And if you don't like staff you can use Axe/torch/pistol, sacrificing lot of dmg to get a more dynamic playstyle.

And last, ofc Trail is end stuff, but it's way cheaper now than it was and ofc, you can just go rabid or dire with undead rune and you're fine even if you lose some dmg.

Edit : 
@theagedgnome.7520
Power mirage is very fun, I wish it hit a bit harder though.

Edited by Orack.9756
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Orack.9756 said:

From what I've read here since I posted, seem like MANY people speak about something they don't now OR are extremely bad at playing staff/staff mirage.

Since the update this build melt trash and boss extremely fast and can easily rekt a pack of mob with combo aera from staff 5 + elite and staff 2 blast = ton of condi.

Staff/staff mirage WAS very slow and boring to kill thing but very good at not diying. Now, thx to the speed buff on staff 1 + Alac + 25might + tourment change you melt everything easily.

I won't trust anyone saying this build doesn't do dmg or "have slow ramp-up".

Play it, correctly and you'll understand how good it is now for OW.

And for meta.. Plz.. anything work. You wanna tag more ? Take GS and it's enough.

And if you wanna kill even more trash and faster, just take stamina sigil like I said in my 1st post.

This build is by no mean the only available build. BUT it is by FAR the best build mesmer can ever dream for OW / Solo / Story.

And if you don't like staff you can use Axe/torch/pistol, sacrificing lot of dmg to get a more dynamic playstyle.

And last, ofc Trail is end stuff, but it's way cheaper now than it was and ofc, you can just go rabid or dire with undead rune and your fine even if you lose some dmg.

Edit : 
@theagedgnome.7520
Power mirage is very fun, I wish it hit a bit harder though.

This.

And, even IF your ramp up would be considered slow, against hordes of trash mobs confusion is basically all you need anyway.

Since I simply liked the concept of staff on mesmer, I played this build for quite some time now. It never failed me anywhere and is easily in my top3 open world builds in general.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Now who has a reading comprehension?

Clearly anyone that repeats the same question over and over again when it was already answered. That build isn't good for OW because it's optimized for soloing Bounties. Typical OW content doesn't have the same challenges or difficulties as Bounties. That's literally the same thing as suggesting the OP use a WvW build ... because your whole reasoning is that it would 'work' in OW and WvW ... even though the OP likely has not a care about WvW content. 

Put it this way. If there were no bounties in the game, would anyone suggest using that build in OW? OFC not, because it's not good for that content. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

13 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Clearly anyone that repeats the same question over and over again when it was already answered. That build isn't good for OW because it's optimized for soloing Bounties. Typical OW content doesn't have the same challenges or difficulties as Bounties. That's literally the same thing as suggesting the OP use a WvW build ... because your whole reasoning is that it would 'work' in OW and WvW ... even though the OP likely has not a care about WvW content. 

Put it this way. If there were no bounties in the game, would anyone suggest using that build in OW? OFC not, because it's not good for that content. 

Lmao, you're just trolling now aren't you?

Fine, you do you.

There's no such thing as "optimised for bounties".

There IS a thing as - can do X content, can do XY content and can do XYZ content. This build does XYZ content (all of it) well. Not just bounties. Which you continuously refuse to ackgnowledge.

I told you i use it for everything and it's good and optimised for everything. But no. "bountybuildbad". Fine. I mean, if you think that build is bad, it's fine it's your opinion, but i find it laughable that someone tha doesn't even play this build as main is having "arguments" about it.

Your argument is that if a build can do hard content that it can't do easier content? Sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

And you STILL haven't suggested a build, explained why it's bad to be able to solo bounties and do the rest on that build and literally haven't said anything constructive in this thread. Just "build bad" with no explanation.

Also, don't twist my words, cause when people do that it starts to be painfully obvious that they (you) have no ground to stand on and are just pulling mental gymnastics for the sake of trying to "win" something.

I never suggested this build for WvW, nor did i argue this build is good for WvW and it's NOT the same thing as saying build is good for the entire OW as build is good for other modes. I never mentioned other modes.

But hey, you do you, i'll just laugh at the weak nonexistent arguments and how hard you're trying to make this build look bad. 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

There's no such thing as "optimised for bounties".

Wow ... of course there is ... and the build you presented is it for Mesmer. That build is designed to solo hard content like bounties. It's certainly not designed to go out and quest in Orr or Dry Top. I mean, you CAN use it there if you really want to, but it's not optimal for that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Wow ... of course there is ... and the build you presented is it for Mesmer. 

Lmao stop, you're embarrasing youself now.

Until you make a constructive post that shows a build that's "good for open world" and explain why being able to do bounties is bad for the rest of the open world content, you're just coming off as a sore loser.

You lost an argument. Just accept it and move on. ❤️

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Wow ... of course there is ... and the build you presented is it for Mesmer. That build is designed to solo hard content like bounties. It's certainly not designed to go out and quest in Orr or Dry Top. I mean, you CAN use it there if you really want to, but it's not optimal for that. 

Read the OP again are they asking for a optimal build?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

The vast majority of regular open world enemies do so little damage that sacrificing high damage for big defense is a waste. For the few occasions where the player needs a defense oriented build, the player can switch to a defensive build for that specific content. For all the rest, it’d be a waste to use a defensive build that takes 5 seconds to kill a regular enemy (with absolutely no benefits to gain from having more defense), when you can just take an offensive build that kills in 2 seconds.

That's exactly correct. No one is doing the OP a favour suggesting the Lord Hizen build as the 'good' OW build he should use.

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Read the OP again are they asking for a optimal build?

I can read the OP and see they aren't going to be soloing bounties ... yet for some reason people are compelled to suggest THAT's the build he use. Look, I'm not arguing the builds being presented aren't optimal. I'm arguing that the Lord Hizen build being presented isn't even decent and it's even deficient for OW content (which is what the OP was asking for BTW). I'm not the only that thinks so either, so this isn't just a case of me wanting to argue with people. Using the Lord Hizen build in OW PVE is BAD advice.

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Because THAT will ALSO enable them to do everything else.

Right ... except he didn't ask you for a build that can solo bounties and maybe do everything else. He asked for an OW build. I mean, if he said "Hey, I want to solo bounties and maybe do some OW PVE questing on the side" ... you would be right. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the OP has little to no interest in soloing bounties so it's reasonable to think that they are looking for SOME level of performance better than "it works, so it's good" for OW PVE. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Right ... except he didn't ask you for a build that can solo bounties and maybe do everything else. He asked for an OW build. I mean, if he said "Hey, I want to solo bounties and maybe do some OW PVE questing on the side" ... you would be right. 

No it doesn't "maybe do everything else" it DOES everything else. You're cointinuously disregarding the fact that yes, this build does everything. Not just bounties.

So your argument is that a build that can only deal with trash mobs is better than a build that can deal with trash mobs, veterans, champions and legends?

I'm still waiting for your constructive input on what build OP should use and why it's better than having a build that can do everything. 😅But in the meantime it's fun to see you do mental gymnastics and try to warp reality to somehow make a build made for everything bad lol. Keep it up, it's funny. 😃

And like i said, you do you, but until you post something constructive in this thread, it's all *ahem* in the wind. 😛

But since you're obviously going to continue your spacetime warp attempts and continue to ingore arguments from others, i'm going to stop posting to not bloat the thread. OP got his suggestions, i believe they're capable of making their decision for themselves. No need to drag this out further and get the thread or comments deleted.

Have a good day! 💖

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

No it doesn't "maybe do everything else" it DOES everything else.

Again, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the OP has little to no interest in soloing bounties so it's reasonable to think that they are looking for SOME level of performance better than "it works for everything else (even though it might work like crap), so it's good" for OW PVE. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Um, I just came back and looked at everything and wow. I'm sorry, I didn't clarify. I'm not really interesting in soloing hard bosses. I'm just trying to get a build that can traverse pof, participate in guild stuff, and do stories without getting trampled on at the moment. I didn't know that was important to clarify. Thanks everyone for builds and commenting. I'll take a look at what people suggested and decide from there.

Edited by River.5891
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, River.5891 said:

Um, I just came back and looked at everything and wow. I'm sorry, I didn't clarify. I'm not really interesting in soloing hard bosses. I'm just trying to get a build that can traverse pof, participate in guild stuff, and do stories without getting trampled on at the moment. I didn't know that was important to clarify. Thanks everyone for builds and commenting. I'll take a look at what people suggested and decide from there.

I guess you have quite some things to choose from now 😄

And just to clarify: The buil that is being argued to a ridicoulusly amount over here does provide you with the ability to tackle basically all content. But in the end, you gotta find out whats most fun to you anways. Maybe condi builds aren't your thing to begin with.

34 minutes ago, River.5891 said:

I know, the build i posted will do just that. It's tanky, can tackle any content AND do hard bosses if you want to, but it will be perfectly capable of doing what you want. You can do POF story with it without dying, you can do guild stuff, open world farming, anything you want. It's not "just" for bosses. The fact that it can do bosses also means that it can do easier stuff extremely well.

It's kind of an "all in one". You'll never have to fear being trampled with it, and since PoF story can get difficult at times, it pays to have a build that can do harder stuff.

That said - you don't have to use that one. You can use any build in open world you want, most important is you have fun with it and it suits your playstyle. The tanky Mirage build might not, who knows. Don't waste your ascended on any build until you're sure you like the playstyle. Test it out with cheap exotics, then go from there. The world is your oyster and all that. Just know that, other builds, while perfectly fine in OW, some of them can't solo harder stuff - and if you get in a situation where there's no one on the map joining - you might wish to have a build that can do some stuff solo. And just because it can do hard content solo doesn't mean it can't do easier stuff - quite the opposite in fact - if it can do hard stuff, it can do everything else.

But again - playstyle and all that, use what you think is best.

You can also use that build as a template, then use something like axe/torch in the other weapon slot - trailblazer is the perfect survivable tanky condi stat combination. It does decent damage without being a glass canon.

Here's another build i used at one point:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiyAwyFlNwcYLMFWJW6WZtKA-zxIY7o7/QiSIGoEJCVlKnF5HtA-e

It's a crit build but very glass canon and won't help you in harder encounters. That's why i always recommend a build that will be viable in all situations.

Diviner's Chronomancer is also ok.

Anyway - don't overthink it - exotics are cheap enough for you to try mutiple stuff and have several build and equipment templates to switch builds on the fly. Just choose the one you like playing.

OP, I recommend that you go to metabattle and look for open world power builds for a good starting point. Chronos are easy to use. Only caveat is that they assume you’re good at dodging and stuff, so they focus a bit too much toward glass cannon builds. You’ll need to read the whole thing and look for defensive suggestions instead of just copying what they post at the very top.

Most importantly, you should change the build to suit your preferences and needs. In the end, the best build would be whatever you enjoy the most and gets the job done, regardless of if it’s ideal or not.

Edited by BlueJin.4127

5 hours ago, Orack.9756 said:

From what I've read here since I posted, seem like MANY people speak about something they don't know OR are extremely bad at playing staff/staff mirage.

I have dusted of my trailblazer mirage for a few days because of the patch and changes to staff and while it's definitely better, it's still very slow compared to other bunker builds I play. And if you consider that power (zerk/marauder) mesmer has arguably best burst out there which basically means trash melt before they can react at 1200 range I don't know how staff trailblazer mirage kill can be considered "extremely fast". 

In the end it's up to each player. It really depends on you play style and how active you want to be during play. I have several builds for all game modes. In open world in general I vastly prefer mesmer power burst builds but I do also have trailblazer condi build for rare cases. But if I go for soloing harder stuff like dungeons (I'm kinda sucker for that since Wow already) I won't pick mesmer, I find my bunker condi rev or boon beast or tempest much more versatile, effective and what's most important fun.

Trailblazer/dire builds are great for open world but generally, I'd avoid suggesting anything with no/low power damage output to someone new. If they are still working on their story, they will likely get frustrated when they have to destroy some objects where condi damages just don't work.

I could be wrong, since you can maintain high alacrity uptime and 25 stacks of might (hope they won't nerf it) I haven't tried it after that patch anyway, but I think celestial would be better.

• Like 2