Lazy alacrity mirage build

Stavros.8249

Hello

I would like to play this lazy mirage build for fractals. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PihAYZlRwiYIsE2IWUPdvMA-zRJYmRFfZkZK0RFI8FRE2DTktAzZF-e

It work by spawning 3 clones and all attack with you. No shatters and no phantasms, just ambush with all clones and a moa for cc. Is this big dps loss from the standard alac mirage? I would like some opinion. Thx

Edited by Stavros.8249

One big issue; staff mirage is old diesel, really sloooooooow to start. Where Ren (power or  condi alacrity) can burst enemies pretty fast, same for almost all condi specs (FB, condi or fire weaver, p/d deadeye,...  even scourge has decent burst, at least more than staff mirage). Plus not so "lazy" to play (don't cancel animation of your clones, time F2 and so know attacks of bosses etc) and DPS relies on confusion too, like a lot.

So yes, it's a braindead+quite effective build with Mights/fury/alacrity and dps; but I'm pretty sure it's not worth it in fractals.

You should take bountiful disillusionment over chaos interupt, you better want safe vigor uptime than random CD refresh you don't really need in your rotation.  But may be with an other buffer in the group or  the potion conversion bonus you really don't need the trait to loop vigor !? I don't know well.

Same for Desperatde Decoy, stealth is just useless in fight; take the fury trait on phantasm.

About the Evasive mirror, it can work against trashmobs, but it's not optimal for DPS, nor for the group to reflect projectiles.

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Not anymore though, with alacrity, it pretty much got all the juice it needed.

Alacrity is not quickness. And even with quickness there is still significant ramp up. 

By the time we have 3 clones up other classes have done like a full rotation. Its not fractal material. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Alacrity is not quickness. And even with quickness there is still significant ramp up. 

By the time we have 3 clones up other classes have done like a full rotation. Its not fractal material. 

Lol so what if other classes already did their rotations? You can keep alacrity up for the rest of them and have them do their rotations faster. Someone else can cover quickness. Just because it's not on snowcrows or metabattle it doesn't mean it's not fractal material. I did T4 fractals with people who don't even have full agony resistance for them, stop pretending everything is so elite that only a few builds can do it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Of course you can play whatever you like; it doesn't mean there is no pro and cons.

Ren *has the same role, but with more flexibility, utilities for fractals and better burst, condi or power.  Alacrity won't change the fact staff mirage, and mesmer overall, is slow before reaching its potential.

Trolling: if you don't care about optimisation, why looking for alacrity in your group ? Alacrity isn't as essential as quickness/fury in short fights/phases and can be easily replaced by a DPS in chill group.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Of course you can play whatever you like; it doesn't mean there is no pro and cons.

Ren *has the same role, but with more flexibility, utilities for fractals and better burst, condi or power.  Alacrity won't change the fact staff mirage, and mesmer overall, is slow before reaching its potential.

Trolling: if you don't care about optimisation, why looking for alacrity in your group ? Alacrity isn't as essential as quickness/fury in short fights/phases and can be easily replaced by a DPS in chill group.

I keep seeing people saying Mesmer is slow to ramp up dps in fractals and I just don’t know why you guys say that.

for bosses continuum split + chronophantasma leads to quick massive damage despite the nerf. I am basically always no.1 in terms of damage at bosses from the very start. 

if you want quick burst for trash mobs just switch to GS problem solved.

Regarding staff alac - with viper gear keeping constant alac is quite easy, on celestial/plaguedoctor gear it is brain dead. Basically in both cases you deal decent cdps with infinite horizon. On viper gear im usually 3rd or 2nd (sometimes 1st on bosses) in terms of dps. On trash mobs yes - it’s 4th spot most often.

but then, I never seen an alac revenant pulling more than 3rd in terms of dps, normally they’re 4th. So I do not really see what’s so superior about them? Maybe tablet for blocks in certain parts or some extra heal. But I don’t think these outweight signet of inspiration and portal.

I think both options are good, but yes alac Rev can spike trash mobs quicker than mirage, whatever.

2 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

I keep seeing people saying Mesmer is slow to ramp up dps in fractals and I just don’t know why you guys say that.

for bosses continuum split + chronophantasma leads to quick massive damage despite the nerf. I am basically always no.1 in terms of damage at bosses from the very start. 

Regarding staff alac - with viper gear keeping constant alac is quite easy, on celestial/plaguedoctor gear it is brain dead. Basically in both cases you deal decent cdps with infinite horizon. On viper gear im usually 3rd or 2nd (sometimes 1st on bosses) in terms of dps. On trash mobs yes - it’s 4th spot most often.

but then, I never seen an alac revenant pulling more than 3rd in terms of dps, normally they’re 4th. So I do not really see what’s so superior about them? Maybe tablet for blocks in certain parts or some extra heal. But I don’t think these outweight signet of inspiration and portal.

I think both options are good, but yes alac Rev can spike trash mobs quicker than mirage, whatever.

Because it's just a fact in most of fractals.

For example you can do each 33% of Skorvald in less than 5 seconds with power comp. (*Well, may be not any more with the nerf of Soulcleave summit).

Same for MAMA you can do in less than 1 minute. Even with good PUG it's doable, close to be standard.

You will never do this here with mesmer, or condi comp. Not because DPS is lower overall on a punching ball, just because with cast-times and how condi tick, how condi are wasted when invulnerability phase or target change, you're longer to reach high numbers. It's the same with how mirage and confusion work, clone generation ...

Obviously for somes encounters, or if you don't play full meta power comp  discord portal precast FGS meteor shower etc,  you don't care if you reach the dps level  two seconds later. Or actually, because of boss mobility, condi work better.

But sometimes erh ... yeah ... it's slower ... that's it ... no need for drama... It's the same in raids, sometimes power wins, sometimes condi wins.

Plus we don't care if ren is number 3 in this group but you're number 1 in other group, already because you should look at the average DPS of your group and time so, and buffs granted by each players, boons,  cc, boonstrip, etc but also because its not a competitionin each group.

edit* you can't "pre-buff" alacrity, mights, fury ... you need a target, clones, dodge, clone's animation. So actually mirage is already losing against FB/Ren on mistlock singularity.

Edit²

The guy is asking if he could play the build in fractal. What should we answer?

"Yes, do whatever you want" or explain pros and  cons ?

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

Maybe because all your teammates dont know how to play either. Some bosses phase before phantasms even have time to attack a second time with chronophantasma. I can assure you that the alac ren would outdamage you in a decent group. The problem is that you probably havent seen real burst yet. This is fine but the reason why everyone says chrono has no burst is because relatively to other specs it has no immediate burst and and ramp up that takes as long as condi ren.

Low cooldown cc. A lot of that aswell. Highest cc in the game with staff 5. Long lasting alacrity which lasts through split phases. Most rens dont know how to press button since the support mindset is strong in those players. Also known as press f4 and aa. A good ren can burst very high though. Mirage is slightly better on long lasting bosses without much cc needed but borderline useless on trash and some other situations. Ren brings ap for the power players aswell. And vuln.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

This is false.

U press 2 on staff and then u use the heal deception and the utility one. 3 clones in 1 sec with 2 extra mirage mirrors. Then u can do like 6 ambuses for burst. (2 from mirrors, 2 from dodges, 1 from weapon swap and 1 from endurance regeneration). 

If we use the build I said at the begining we do 24 ambuses with all our clones, cause we don't shatter. I think the build have burst. 

• Like 1