For the Four Winds Festival, could we get a trader who...

Will take all my bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empyreal fragments?  My bank is full of them, and I'm not likely to ever use them for much of anything.  Is there any chance we could at least trade them for materials I can use?

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a much-needed addition to the Festival?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

None of which I have, all of which require a lot of work (and I have no idea where to start with any of them) and give better rewards than I need.  Frankly, I'd rather just trade them for cloth, wood, etc.  I'm not far enough in crafting - or interested in going to very high levels with most characters - and the less valuable supplies are more useful to me.  Yes, I know those are options, but I figure low value rewards and the trader only being available during one festival a year would make up for whatever lack of balance those items are supposed to maintain.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Bloodstone Dust:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnanimous_Maintenance_Oil

Dragonite Ore:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnanimous_Sharpening_Stone

Empyreal Fragments:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnanimous_Tuning_Crystal

Sell for profit -> buy all the cloth, wood, etc. you need.

The cost of the 3 crystalline dust is more than they sell for. 

Edit: oops, my maths is bad. 3 crystalline dust makes 5 of them. 

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 1

We're slightly off topic here.  (Though I admit I've not seen those recipes before... I'll check them out.)  The festival rather obviously lacks those traders.  Of all the materials I have to trade at the festival, I have most of the three they don't take.  It'd be nice to see the lack rectified.  But maybe I really am the only person who plays the game who is bothered by it.  🤨

19 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

We're slightly off topic here.  (Though I admit I've not seen those recipes before... I'll check them out.)  The festival rather obviously lacks those traders.  Of all the materials I have to trade at the festival, I have most of the three they don't take.  It'd be nice to see the lack rectified.  But maybe I really am the only person who plays the game who is bothered by it.  🤨

The festival doesn't "lack those traders", there are already ways to spend those materials (recipes/"eaters"). You just don't want to use them, at which point... it's your decision/problem.

• Confused 1

To clarify: by "lacks", I mean, "doesn't have", not "ought to have and doesn't."  It stands out to me, simply because you can trade nearly everything else I've stumbled on so far.  Not quite sure why people are responding as if it's an either/or thing, or with so much hostility.

And to clarify.. it's not that I don't want to use them, it's that I don't have access to them at this point.  I'll certainly work on them, but as I said, I'm not sure why having other options would negate adding the traders to a festival that already is filled with traders.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

There are numerous currencies/materials that really need somekind of sink more than there currently are:

Eyes of Kormir 
Bloodstone/Dragonite/Stars

Congealed Putrescences
Lucent Motes
Resonating Slivers

These are the things I can't ever seem to keep from having full stacks of and my inventory cluttered by.

I also wish they would update the fractal rewards or allow us to change the fractal backpack legendary to gold using golden relics or something. I still have so many of them and there's just nothing you can do with them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would welcome a trader that took all of those, including air ship oil, ley like sparks, auric dust, and the others mentioned.  I have all the gobblers and still they pile up.  I craft with them, I expanded storage to max, and still...that's right...they pile up.  So take those too and not just my hard earned iron and elder logs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

The cost of the 3 crystalline dust is more than they sell for. 

Edit: oops, my maths is bad. 3 crystalline dust makes 5 of them. 

Yeah, dust went up a fair bit, don't remember it being this much. Still, under the right circumstances, those are ok to make and a T7 mat sink.

I make them for myself for WvW so i have use for them.

See, I do understand that... but I still don't see why it has to be an either/or.  Why would the purpose of making tradeable materials disappear negate the gesture of offering a few traders that also take account-bound materials as well?  Especially since the rewards aren't exactly game-breaking.  You could even remove the festival-specific things, if you are worried about raising the chance of getting the festival skins (gloves, backpacks... I don't remember exactly what the offerings were, just that they weren't stunning), or raise the prices of the festival-specific things slightly.  It would be helpful for casual players like me who still have a lot of content to unlock, and people that use those mats for real things aren't being hurt, because they aren't tradeable anyway.  Why the resistance?  It would just be... nice.  I could also just trash the things (which I have in the past, and probably will again), but this way, I get a trinket or a little gold for it.  And then people like me, who think about things IN game, as well, aren't wondering why everyone in this little village needs basic wood, but no one wants the really valuable stuff.  (I mean, meta-thinking only goes so far...)  Though perhaps everyone in the village are casuals like me... 😄

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

See, I do understand that... but I still don't see why it has to be an either/or.  Why would the purpose of making tradeable materials disappear negate the gesture of offering a few traders that also take account-bound materials as well? 

Because that's how the game works and your question can be asked about almost infinite amount of things of "why does this work this way and not the other". Throw garbage able materials out and get over it. It's not like you're going out of your way to farm them anyways.

Especially since the rewards aren't exactly game-breaking. 

Ok. Then why do you care about them so much?

6 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

And then people like me, who think about things IN game, as well, aren't wondering why everyone in this little village needs basic wood, but no one wants the really valuable stuff.

Because they live in wooden huts, which break down and need to be fixed. On the other hand they have nothing to do with the items you want to give them but they don't want to take from you. Here, your "lore justification" if you really needed one, lol

And btw, if you have stacks of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empyreal fragments in your bank, then craft them into bricks/ingots/stars. When you fill them up, then either -again- use the eaters for the rest you acquire (if you don't have those, then worry about getting them instead of forcing a new npc that does the same thing) or delete them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok. Then why do you care about them so much?

I don't.  I'm perversely fascinated by the resistance to the idea.  I and at least a few others on this thread think it would be nice and useful, and I've yet to see an actual, reasonable argument AGAINST the idea, except, "that's not how the game works."   I'm just curious enough to keep pushing at it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I don't.  I'm perversely fascinated by the resistance to the idea. 

You don't and yet... here we are? I'm on the other hand fascinated by you pretending you don't care while you keep pushing for it, depsite there already being outlets for those materials which you just... don't want to use.

and I've yet to see an actual, reasonable argument AGAINST the idea, except, "that's not how the game works."   I'm just curious enough to keep pushing at it.

Maybe re-read the thread. Or at least the response you've just quoted, but avoided 80% of.

Ah yes, "I don't care, but I keep pushing because curiosity", that's totally what it is. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3