Do you want EoD maps to be more like HOT or POF maps?

Both! Both is good.
It's good popping into game after a hard day and then just roaming without much stress and completing tasks on your own if you don't feel like teaming up or spending time with anyone.
However there should also be a certain dose of group content as well, fun lil tasks to complete with group.
So kinda a mix of both?

• Like 5

As much as I got the kneejerk reaction HoT had at launch, it's imo one of the very few times GW2 actually felt like a living MMO with people playing together, asking for help in map chats for HP's, having memorable challenges etc., rather than just a dead, empty, silent world that other players occasionally quickly woosh past in but might as well not exist (the playing alone together phenomenon of GW2) - becoming mostly an unmemorable blur moments after walking through it like a breeze. 

So my hope is (beta/launch) HoT, my prediction PoF.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Definetely like PoF. They may be boring in comparison but at least they are not as frustrating as the HoT ones. Playing HoT is straight up painful

Interesting. I've found myself not really playing PoF maps much. Well, outside of Skyscale farming at least.

The "frustration" of HoT maps is what I like about them actually, it's nice to have a true incentive to team up with players to overcome challenges, and it nails the feeling of being inside a threatening jungle that's actually just the giant body of a massive dragon that wants you dead.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Like 8
  • Confused 3

Definetely HoT. I liked the enemies and the maps themselves a lot more.
The enemies have much more memorable attacks, which actually have an impact on you and are diverse in what they do and how you deal with them. HPs are a real challenge and most of them will require you to either heavily improve your build or find people to group up with. Both of these incentives(socializing/improving) are really good for the overall experience.
The maps reward exploration and even though I was completely lost in the beginning, the satisfaction of learning to navigate them gave me a sense of progressing as a player, a feeling MMOs sorely lack in my opinion.

PoF was really boring to me. The maps felt uninspired and the enemies lack having meaningful interaction with the players skill set. You just auto-pilot through the maps and I remember close to nothing peeking my interest.

I would take a single map following HoTs design principles over four PoF-style maps. Any day. Quality>Quantity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

My guess is that the environments will be a mix of both. Some maps, like the Jade Sea and possibly Shing Jea, will likely feel more like PoF maps and be more horizontal, while others, like Echovald Forest, Kaineng, and the Undercity, will likely have significant vertical aspects to them and feel more like HoT maps (but hopefully not as difficult to navigate as Tangled Depths).

Difficulty-wise, I wouldn't mind either HoT or PoF level difficulty, as both had their ups and downs, but I would prefer HoT style map-wide meta events as opposed to the smaller scale ones in PoF that often have few to no players doing them (Compare the number of people doing Serpent's Ire or the Desolation meta vs Auric Basin).

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Clearly, they need both. HoT and PoF both suffered from not having enough variety in the type of content that was delivered. HoT wanted to have a bit more exploration or casual friendly content while PoF wanted to have a bit more meta-driven content that draws more repeat play.

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Some of each:

I will take the replay value, metas and MP relevance of HoT

I will take the difficulty level and map layout of PoF

100% this.  To some extent, they’ll need to be designed with mounts in mind like PoF maps, but above all else, I just don’t want anything as purposefully confusing as navigating Tangled Depths.  At least make the map helpful for showing where you can/can’t go.  But HoT metas are definitely tops, even before considering rewards (in most cases).

• Like 3

Hot before the nerf. Group content, difficulty, metas that require coordination and reflexion, bosses with interesting mechanics and not hp sponges. But I'm not dreaming, the spam 1 professionals  would cry after a day and quit the game. So that won't happen, we're going to have drizzlewood coast level maps everywhere. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2