Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Please take your time on EoD expansion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a WoW player, I disagree. It's clear to me that Anet care about their game. The amount of niche detail and love that goes into each new map is leaps ahead of what Blizzard come up with. https://eu.

Rather have a refined and finished product than a rushed and messy product. Delay it if you need to.   This especially goes to you, systems team.   also roll back the 02/25/2020 'c

As a former WoW player, I highly agree with this.  It's a beautiful game, it's fun, I'm excited to see the expansion.  I don't expect perfection, but I anticipate a great time playing!  

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

so I doubt quality is a metric for ANet.

As a WoW player, I disagree. It's clear to me that Anet care about their game. The amount of niche detail and love that goes into each new map is leaps ahead of what Blizzard come up with. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/playing-gw2-these-past-few-weeks-has-been-eye-opening/281807.

Champions wasn't great, but there were special circumstances that I'm more than willing to forgive;

We're doing well, they're doing well. I'm sure EoD will be great.

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

As a WoW player, I disagree. It's clear to me that Anet care about their game. The amount of niche detail and love that goes into each new map is leaps ahead of what Blizzard come up with. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/playing-gw2-these-past-few-weeks-has-been-eye-opening/281807.

Champions wasn't great, but there were special circumstances that I'm more than willing to forgive;

We're doing well, they're doing well. I'm sure EoD will be great.

As a former WoW player, I highly agree with this.  It's a beautiful game, it's fun, I'm excited to see the expansion.  I don't expect perfection, but I anticipate a great time playing!  

  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's already 14 months since EOD was publicly announced, and my guess is we won't see the expansion for another 5 months. Plus current game play has been seriously curtailed to free up the resources necessary to publish EOD this year.

 

Plenty of time and plenty of resource appears to have been devoted, therefore, to meeting the stated launch goal. So please do stick to the plan Anet, and don't delay. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fleabite.7528 said:

It's already 14 months since EOD was publicly announced, and my guess is we won't see the expansion for another 5 months. Plus current game play has been seriously curtailed to free up the resources necessary to publish EOD this year.

 

Plenty of time and plenty of resource appears to have been devoted, therefore, to meeting the stated launch goal. So please do stick to the plan Anet, and don't delay. 

It wont be out this year, the achievement for the legendary amulet is likely going to take 24 weeks. We will likely see a launch in January which is the earliest Im expecting it; Because we know full well they won't release it beside New World because New game> Expansion.

They really can't afford to be shadowed out by a games launch, and A-net usually tries to shoot for a September/August release but the achievement leads me to believe thats not the case. They specifically have done everything to not give away the release date, or first big announcement for the expansion is July 27th if it were to launch in summer august/sep then they would of already told us. Its clear they aren't ready and its clear that this expansion needs time. Don't expect it to launch in 2021. If it does great, but I honestly am assuming next years start is when we will see it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

It wont be out this year, the achievement for the legendary amulet is likely going to take 24 weeks. 
 

While you might be right, 24 weeks takes us to November, not January, No guarantee either that New World won't be delayed again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fleabite.7528 said:

While you might be right, 24 weeks takes us to November, not January, No guarantee either that New World won't be delayed again. 

Yes well, I doubt the expansion would launch in November. More than likely a trailer will be slapped at the end of this, and it will be two months after the achievement was done. Because remember they consider festivals "Worthwhile content" so we have to assume they will take a break during the festivals. And there are three, Dragons bash in July, Halloween in October and then Xmas. 

As much as I want the new content with meat, and E-specs and hopefully something thats not just more mastery pandering with actual merit? I really doubt we will see EoD this year. And if we do then I fear it would be rushed as well as not as good as it could be, They've never released anything major in the holiday months like that. So while its possible... Im doubtful.

also remember that for thanksgiving and Xmas the dev's take several weeks off; Im pretty sure they are off most of December? I can't be sure but Im pretty confident.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

it will not happen before minimum November given the meta achievement for the legendary amulet or maybe December So with  almost 2 years, a team has plenty of time to make an extension with a lot of contents ... but with them, I never really have the confidence

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I certainly hope they'll take their time until next year.

 

There's still the living World catch up before it releases.

And then there also are Shadow of the Mad King and Wintersday before January that could interfere with the EoD launch,

if Arenanet releases the expansion close to them.

 

Also, FF14's Endwalker expansion releases around the end of Novembre.

Arenanet is better off not releasing EoD close to that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Festivals 'interfere' with End of Dragons?

Was Heart of Thorns 'interfered' with?

 

It doesn't take long to finish the achievements for festivals, nor long to do the dailies. 

Regardless, once the expansion is sold, I'm not sure the Devs care when the content is completed by the players.  And I'm not sure a festival would be an excuse not to buy the expansion.  😖

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this game just as much as the next person but for as much regurgitated content that we have been playing from DRM's to redoing all of previous living world stories. It better be soon because most people are going to get tired of waiting. I know I'm getting restless and in need of something fresh and exciting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Yes well, I doubt the expansion would launch in November. More than likely a trailer will be slapped at the end of this, and it will be two months after the achievement was done. Because remember they consider festivals "Worthwhile content" so we have to assume they will take a break during the festivals. And there are three, Dragons bash in July, Halloween in October and then Xmas. 

As much as I want the new content with meat, and E-specs and hopefully something thats not just more mastery pandering with actual merit? I really doubt we will see EoD this year. And if we do then I fear it would be rushed as well as not as good as it could be, They've never released anything major in the holiday months like that. So while its possible... Im doubtful.

also remember that for thanksgiving and Xmas the dev's take several weeks off; Im pretty sure they are off most of December? I can't be sure but Im pretty confident.

Hot release in the middle of halloween afair. Even if festivals are worthwhile content for ane they dont take priority over expansions.

 

Also they havent a nounced a delay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

for me q4 feels nice i would even be ok with a Jan release if they have some solid communication and build up to the expac.

 

With Ff14's expac releasing in Nov it might be wise for anet to dodge the bullet there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zealex.9410 said:

Hot release in the middle of halloween afair. Even if festivals are worthwhile content for ane they dont take priority over expansions.

 

Also they havent a nounced a delay.

They also have yet to give us an official date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a priorities thing. They can release it early, and add more things over time while we're doing the early content. Of course, if they developed the endgame content before focusing on early content, then we'd be screwed. Let's just trust them to know what they're doing -- they haven't had a bad expansion yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Why would Festivals 'interfere' with End of Dragons?

If you release something during festivals you'll always have the people that focus on enjoying the events first and buy the expansion later, which would result in less Day 1 sales and less participation metrics in the new content.

 

Although I'm not sure if Arenanet cares for either of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Yes well, I doubt the expansion would launch in November. More than likely a trailer will be slapped at the end of this, and it will be two months after the achievement was done. Because remember they consider festivals "Worthwhile content" so we have to assume they will take a break during the festivals. And there are three, Dragons bash in July, Halloween in October and then Xmas. 

As much as I want the new content with meat, and E-specs and hopefully something thats not just more mastery pandering with actual merit? I really doubt we will see EoD this year. And if we do then I fear it would be rushed as well as not as good as it could be, They've never released anything major in the holiday months like that. So while its possible... Im doubtful.

also remember that for thanksgiving and Xmas the dev's take several weeks off; Im pretty sure they are off most of December? I can't be sure but Im pretty confident.

Why wouldn't the expansion launch in November? HoT launched on October 23.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If you release something during festivals you'll always have the people that focus on enjoying the events first and buy the expansion later, which would result in less Day 1 sales and less participation metrics in the new content.

 

Although I'm not sure if Arenanet cares for either of those.

Well, the studio did it before, so there is a precedent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Why wouldn't the expansion launch in November? HoT launched on October 23.

FF14's Endwalker expansion launches on Novembre 23rd.

I doubt Arenanet would want to compete with that one.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

FF14's Endwalker expansion launches on Novembre 23rd.

I doubt Arenanet would want to compete with that one.

I don't see the competition.  I really don't. I don't think that people willing to pay $15 a month won't spend money on another expansion for a game without a monthly fee, particularly if it comes out 3 weeks earlier.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...