eternal battlegrounds

gashen.3874

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Maybe an Urban Border Land, for Cantha/EoD?

I doubt they'd take the risk of messing with any dynamic on their main map. I would love something like that though for Red BL, then rework Desert to replace EBG but add a bunch of water stuff also. I still like fighting on EB though and maybe because it's a mess. 

The layout is the same as other RvR games which is why players flock to it.

The Borderlands tried to be different and they don't get visited much (especially DBL), because not only are the center areas just a big void, but the main objectives are keeps, which are notoriously difficult to take even without upgrades.

That said EBG is showing its age and is in dire need of a graphical overhaul. Those grass textures everywhere are definitely from 2010.

SMC would be more interesting if they just removed the outer walls, leaving a siege-laden courtyard instead. Its the only fort that absolutely has to be attacked with rams anyway, which is a significant enough strength.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

16 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

The layout is the same as other RvR games which is why players flock to it.

The Borderlands tried to be different and they don't get visited much (especially DBL), because not only are the center areas just a big void, but the main objectives are keeps, which are notoriously difficult to take even without upgrades.

That said EBG is showing its age and is in dire need of a graphical overhaul. Those grass textures everywhere are definitely from 2010.

SMC would be more interesting if they just removed the outer walls, leaving a siege-laden courtyard instead. Its the only fort that absolutely has to be attacked with rams anyway, which is a significant enough strength.

Sad part is objectives worth fighting over is 100% the reason why RvR is so good. They need to make it so the stuff you take matters and keeping it is the point, because if no one wants to keep it? Well that also means people don't nessacarily want to take it outside of doing rewards. A circle of taking things off cooldown is not how the mode should be, it feels like a piñata at that point and not a war.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Sad part is objectives worth fighting over is 100% the reason why RvR is so good. They need to make it so the stuff you take matters and keeping it is the point, because if no one wants to keep it? Well that also means people don't nessacarily want to take it outside of doing rewards. A circle of taking things off cooldown is not how the mode should be, it feels like a piñata at that point and not a war.

I remember the days of JQ vs. BG vs. TC -- SMC was always paper. Nobody ever wanted to own it because it was too much of a hassle to keep it up, so it would flip every 5-20 minutes, lol.

39 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

I remember the days of JQ vs. BG vs. TC -- SMC was always paper. Nobody ever wanted to own it because it was too much of a hassle to keep it up, so it would flip every 5-20 minutes, lol.

Lmfao yea, I remember. Its kind of the same now but its not as common as most once its taken will just leave it alone, at least it seems so.

1 hour ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Please, you're giving me nightmares of that matchup. I swear it lasted years. (My guild was originally on JQ before moving to EBay).

Edited by Hannelore.8153