World Linking 5/28/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

1 hour ago, adammantium.8031 said:

Removing a link from Gandara, and giving a link to Desolation, is frankly absurd.

I do not have statistics, I do not have cumulative played hours across each server.

But the first hand insight I do have is just overwhelmingly such that Desolation's population far exceeds Gandaras. I would dearly love to see any data presented to support these linking decisions (such as the charts around Blackgate's population several years ago), but I can't begin to imagine such a logic is working as intended.

As Kruimjelte said, this just stinks of Anet trying to bleed some money from people transferring. Such a pity, as a competitive WvW mode with a hint of consideration would bring in more players than you'd be making from at most a few hundred people paying $10.

yeah well last link was kinda broken deso was linked with wsr which would have been fine if not for the around I think 120 transfers to wsr on short notice of players registered on gw2mists.com alone so yeah the relink algorithm can only do that much but prediction of masstransfers is not in its parameters obviously

Edited by wanya.1697
  • Like 1

you have got to be kidding me !!! you put Aurora Glade medium pop with Under World high pop ?? and they both stuck in T5 forever ! that's not fair 
is A.net literally and intentionally messing up with the server to push players to move around ? 
it has been really bumpy waves of mess 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coda.9185 said:

you have got to be kidding me !!! you put Aurora Glade medium pop with Under World high pop ?? and they both stuck in T5 forever ! that's not fair 
is A.net literally and intentionally messing up with the server to push players to move around ? 

100% they are, its the best way to make WvWers to pay money, bandwagoners are Anets wet dream

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coda.9185 said:

Can we also get an F in the chat for the fact that they put us up against FoW and Wsr for our first week? 

• Like 2

Seriously had enough of this crap, clueless as usual. Has anybody at ANet paid the slightest bit of attention to the MU results in T1 EU over the past 8 weeks? If you had you might have noticed just how pathetic this re-link is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, seoyounglee.1703 said:

I wouldn't worry to much, Kill, Lays and Nike will leave soon, they need a server to carry them in PPT XD

that's not the point.... 
both AG and UW suffered drastically in last link..... A.net putting them together is like...... (you both suck and you belong to each other)

5 minutes ago, Mitz.5741 said:

Can we also get an F in the chat for the fact that they put us up against FoW and Wsr for our first week? 

yea so 2 weeks of suffering without any sense of competition until we get a matching server in T5 and just suck for the rest of the time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you gonna do this, at least open up more servers. It really is terrible that we get moved around like this but like have no options to move. I'm on NA IoJ, Playing with SoS has been awesome and now you are unlinking us? I'm an oceanic player stuck outside of SoS so now what, i'm just given a middle finger? Then let me transfer to SoS. 

Seriously. The one link I was hoping would stay together... 

• Haha 4

Why did BG get Transferred to DB. Both servers are full (BG is full of AFK alts) So i have been following BG for years. Cause BG is locked. But now i cant relink because they are matched up with a full server. Kinda sucks. Can we open BG? The population there is not that great for it to be "full" In hind site. I dont have to pay for Gems to transfer this link. So i guess thats good.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Why did BG get Transferred to DB. Both servers are full (BG is full of AFK alts) So i have been following BG for years. Cause BG is locked. But now i cant relink because they are matched up with a full server. Kinda sucks. Can we open BG? The population there is not that great for it to be "full" In hind site. I dont have to pay for Gems to transfer this link. So i guess thats good.

Ah so you're one of those BG server followers they always talk about

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I guess so. Is that a bad thing? I mean BG is NOT full. It just isnt. They need to open it.

Yes, in the sense that you're one of many following this same routine. It negatively impacts the linked server that gets bandwagoned.

Again, it's predictable that they give a perma t1 server another link no matter, the outcome of the matchups, because it's happened multiple times before. The imbalance of population and coverage is due to their negligence.

People on Deso was expecting no link and we didn't mind after how bad it got two weeks ago, but hopefully the ppt bandwagon moves elsewhere, when we eventually should drop out if T1 at some point.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Imagine playing on Deso, taking top spot the almost the whole linkup period (with WSR no doubt), being full (now) and getting a link.
Imagine being on Gandara, having to struggle your way up, when you're finally there seeing that you have no chance whatsoever, and not getting a link.

Well, whatever. We'll all manage one way or another.

mate ... deso is in a not too great position now probably xD looks pretty empty there and a horrible kdR.

my link is even worse, we got piken as linked server... i died like 15 times this night and got 518 kills. yet kdR 0,4, 2400 kills versus 5100 deaths.

and we are forced to suffer through matchups like this. nobody wants these kinda linkings.... and people really wonder that this dusted and toxic system makes players quite constantly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

So how does that make it a bad thing? Again. BG is not full. It needs to be opened.

It artificially inflates the WvW population of Blackgates link, which gives off the appearance that the server is actually strong in WvW when in reality it probably isn't. Once the link ends, the mass exodus happens off of the previous link to the new link. The old link is then marked as being much stronger than it actually is and gets to perma sit in T4 for the next pairing.

Live your life and do what you want, but it definitely does make other peoples experience worse.

6 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

It is full though 🤡

In the sense of it being "full" Like people chose that server 12 years ago and dont play the game anymore. Then yes. You are correct. I agree with you. But as far as REAL numbers in WvW that BG has. It isnt full. No where near as active as other servers. Sorry if you think im a clown. Not sure why you had to put that there.

1 minute ago, Hobu.8751 said:

It artificially inflates the WvW population of Blackgates link, which gives off the appearance that the server is actually strong in WvW when in reality it probably isn't. Once the link ends, the mass exodus happens off of the previous link to the new link. The old link is then marked as being much stronger than it actually is and gets to perma sit in T4 for the next pairing.

Live your life and do what you want, but it definitely does make other peoples experience worse.

Im honestly not sure how. Im not being funny either. BG is not a FULL server. Its numbers might be technically full. But the players that play there are not as high as other servers. The reason it is full is cause people picked that server years ago and do not play any more. Or they only PVE. So my guild is based off BG. And I would love to join BG but i cant cause it is "Full". Why can I not play with my guild? Been with them for years. Just wanna have fun with them. And now I cant cause we got linked with a full server. So im not sure what we are even talking about at this point 😃 I just wanna play and have fun with my friends

• Like 1

I love how people are angry about relinks every time, without fail. You'd think everyone would know the routine by now and learn to enjoy other things.

Personally the only thing I think about when relinks come around is what roamers and guilds I'll be seeing. It's basically the same thing otherwise, every server has become such a melting pot since links became a thing that there's very little identity left. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1