World Linking 5/28/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

1 hour ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im honestly not sure how. Im not being funny either. BG is not a FULL server. Its numbers might be technically full. But the players that play there are not as high as other servers. The reason it is full is cause people picked that server years ago and do not play any more. Or they only PVE. So my guild is based off BG. And I would love to join BG but i cant cause it is "Full". Why can I not play with my guild? Been with them for years. Just wanna have fun with them. And now I cant cause we got linked with a full server. So im not sure what we are even talking about at this point 😃 I just wanna play and have fun with my friends

Time to move the guild off BG then for WvW? 

My guild faced a similar problem, moved off BG and surprise surprise, had more fun on other servers, even if some of the guys have stuck on to BG for their own reasons 

NA links this time around look good. Pretty evenly spread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im honestly not sure how. Im not being funny either. BG is not a FULL server. Its numbers might be technically full. But the players that play there are not as high as other servers. The reason it is full is cause people picked that server years ago and do not play any more. Or they only PVE. So my guild is based off BG. And I would love to join BG but i cant cause it is "Full". Why can I not play with my guild? Been with them for years. Just wanna have fun with them. And now I cant cause we got linked with a full server. So im not sure what we are even talking about at this point 😃 I just wanna play and have fun with my friends

' Before the July 28, 2015 update, a world population was determined by the population levels from across all game modes. Currently, only the WvW population determines the world population.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Trivia

Sorry to say, but that is not how World Population works any longer, and haven't for quite a while.

#AlliancesWhen

Edited by joneirikb.7506
​​​​​​​#AlliancesWhen
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Reverence.6915 said:

Time to move the guild off BG then for WvW? 

My guild faced a similar problem, moved off BG and surprise surprise, had more fun on other servers, even if some of the guys have stuck on to BG for their own reasons 

NA links this time around look good. Pretty evenly spread

That is exactly the question i posed to our guild today. "lets just Transfer XXXX to a low pop server. kitten BG" People liked the idea. But I doubt it will happen. Im not sure why im getting flamed for wanting to play with my friends in an MMPRPG. lol. But hey. People are who they are and I can not stop someone from flaming me for my opinion.

That is exactly the question i posed to our guild today. "lets just Transfer XXXX to a low pop server. kitten BG" People liked the idea. But I doubt it will happen. Im not sure why im getting flamed for wanting to play with my friends in an MMPRPG. lol. But hey. People are who they are and I can not stop someone from flaming me for my opinion.

I feel it’s due to BG’s history of population stacking - I was part of the group that pushed for tanking/not playing to get our population recalibrated to open the server way back in the day. It caused pretty significant backlash amongst the WvW community as you can imagine. Any mention of opening BG - even if it’s deserved, will get you a negative response

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverence.6915 said:

I feel it’s due to BG’s history of population stacking - I was part of the group that pushed for tanking/not playing to get our population recalibrated to open the server way back in the day. It caused pretty significant backlash amongst the WvW community as you can imagine. Any mention of opening BG - even if it’s deserved, will get you a negative response

Just because it gets a negative response doesn't make it less factual. And from what i hear. BG hasn't been stacked in YEARS. Everyone has transferred. As i have said before. It is an alt parking lot on BG. The amount of players that are active is MINUSCULE to what ever number that shows up on ANETS logs of a "player count" 

The fact is: without a link Desolation doesn't have much players on prime time and early mornings it is almost empty. Even with the massively stacked WSR link there was outnumbered buff either at home or EBG in the mornings.

Almost all the commanders and big WvWvW guilds have left Desolation a long time ago. Points per Tick (PpT) is pretty much all we got and of course the remaining loyal players are pretty good with it.

Now with FR link things seem much more balanced. Deso has a night crew, but the German servers come with their morning zerg. In other words it is not just Desolation, which is taking advantage of the hours when almost nobody else plays.

The migrations will once again determine the actual outcome. E.g. if the players on WSR once again decide to migrate to some other server, which as a good PpT player base link, it is guaranteed to dominate.

Ayna
On Desolation since 2012-

13 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Imagine playing on Deso, taking top spot the almost the whole linkup period (with WSR no doubt), being full (now) and getting a link.
Imagine being on Gandara, having to struggle your way up, when you're finally there seeing that you have no chance whatsoever, and not getting a link.

Well, whatever. We'll all manage one way or another.

Friend from desoto says you had 5.33 kdr last night? Dont think if seen anything that high

4 hours ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Friend from desoto says you had 5.33 kdr last night? Dont think if seen anything that high

Then you have not been paying much attention to WSR over the last year. Maybe he is referring to a specific K/D on a specific skirmish on a specific borderland. Generally at this moment it's 1.1 and as you can see, we are unable to keep up with the linked servers.

I think Arenanet should implement a rule, where in a 2 month (!) linkup period, servers that are full and without link, have to be opened up (at least for a limited time) during the linkup. As we can clearly see the system isn't about ensuring any form of balance, it should at least ensure the people who want to play together, can actually do that.

Edited by nthmetal.9652
spelling mistake
  • Like 2

Desolation having a link after for 2 months in T1 where they won EVERY skirmish except 8-10 is taking a dump on every other server, especially Gandara that is PERMANENTLY locked and at one point it was the only locked server in the EU area. Of course since neither Desolation nor WSR have people who are actually good at pvp, they did come in 3rd at the beginning of the bonus week when every server filled every map.  The people on Deso/WSR clearly farm their own alt accounts on opponents' servers (ie. they gained 200 points in 15-20 minutes in a skirmish despite trailing by 40 in PPT the whole time AND getting a 40 man PPT train farmed multiple times) and they vastly outnumbered anyone else by a country mile in EU WvW for 2 months. The weeks they've gone 84-0-0 are more than the ones they got 1 or 2 second places (except for bonus week as mentioned). They pretty much had PPT trains in every map throughout the day, they FARMED spawning areas in T1 against weaker servers and yet they got another link.

A normal company would have locked both WSR and Deso AND left them without link considering each of them were probably outnumbering the opponents on their own. Of course, since all the EU bandwagoners were there that's not an economically smart decision because of transfers. On the other hand by the same standards, the fact that the 2 servers with no link (Gandara and SFR, BB is an exception being the only spanish speaking server) are locked is an economically idiotic decision, which is incomprehensible. No locked server should ever be without link. Gandara in particular has been permanently locked forever and it's the 2nd time in 3 relinks they get no link.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I guess you see what you want to see. I am on a server that has faced Blackgate and its paired server many times in the last few months, and the blobs were generally always larger from Blackgate and its paired server than they were from the other servers, unless Blackgate was actively tanking. Your suppositions about Blackgate being full  based on the pve population aren't realistic, as they have based each server status on the number of hours played in WvW (not PvE) for 6 years now. Incidentally, Blackgate is open for transfer here and there; perhaps you should watch a bit closer and capitalize on those times to transfer there.

Edited by Nydo.3406
punctuation error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Nydo.3406 said:

I guess you see what you want to see. I am on a server that has faced Blackgate and its paired server many times in the last few months, and the blobs were generally always larger from Blackgate and its paired server than they were from the other servers, unless Blackgate was actively tanking. Your suppositions about Blackgate being full  based on the pve population aren't realistic, as they have based each server status on the number of hours played in WvW (not PvE) for 6 years now. Incidentally, Blackgate is open for transfer here and there; perhaps you should watch a bit closer and capitalize on those times to transfer there.

I keep an eye out for it. But I cant be on 24/7/365 for that 10 min window once in a blue moon where BG opens. BG has dedicated run times where we zerg. Perhaps you should get your BL to coordinate more and use comp classes and quit being run over. Just a thought. 

45 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

I keep an eye out for it. But I cant be on 24/7/365 for that 10 min window once in a blue moon where BG opens. BG has dedicated run times where we zerg. Perhaps you should get your BL to coordinate more and use comp classes and quit being run over. Just a thought. 

Our guild uses only comp classes, and coordinates with the other guilds on our server. Yet when we face Blackgate, we more often than not face boonballs with twice as many people as we can muster. Now, how much of this is Blackgate and how much of this is bandwagoners is something I can't say, since you are all Blackgate when moused over. Here is to more population for the win!  And yes, Blackgate is a full server 98% of the time for a factual reason; they have more player hours in WvW than other servers that are open for transfer more of the time. That you also descend to tier three at times I can only see as a sign that that population advantage is being used a bit too much for those huge zergs, and not enough for other modes of play. Play like you want to, but don't expect validation here from anyone else, or any support for your false premise that Blackgate is underpopulated.

SBI got linked with Maguuma, and when I got through the queue it was great to see full groups running everywhere... until I realized that blue and red had zergs twice our size ready to fight us at every tower or keep we tried to cap.

On the plus side, I now know how the mole feels in a game of "whack-a-mole".

• Like 2

And there's the true colors, yeah that's sure to get some sympathy for your cause... 🙄

Maybe you should release the schedule of the minuscule active players so the other peasant servers can be ready on magically growing more players to match your coordinated comp class boon balls.

See there's s common problem with BG players and these complaints, they never put themselves in everyone elses shoes. BG has minuscule amount of players, but for some reason always manages to stay in t1/t2 whenever they choose, no matter who they're partnered with. So is it because of their link? maybe, which makes this relink with DB more interesting, another full server that spent months full but stuck in t4, and now shut out the usual bandwagoners to BG, lets see who's was carrying who now, the host or the link.

If you want BG to open you're going to have to destack fully and rebuild like every other server has done already years ago. Maybe it would have been at that point already if anet hadn't accidently reopened them a couple years ago.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

SBI got linked with Maguuma, and when I got through the queue it was great to see full groups running everywhere... until I realized that blue and red had zergs twice our size ready to fight us at every tower or keep we tried to cap.

On the plus side, I now know how the mole feels in a game of "whack-a-mole".

That is an interesting take on this matchup, given that you Maguuma/SBI has overwhelmed both red and blue in PPT from the beginning of the match. Perhaps you should adjust your glasses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Desolation having a link after for 2 months in T1 where they won EVERY skirmish except 8-10 is taking a dump on every other server, especially Gandara that is PERMANENTLY locked and at one point it was the only locked server in the EU area. Of course since neither Desolation nor WSR have people who are actually good at pvp, they did come in 3rd at the beginning of the bonus week when every server filled every map.  The people on Deso/WSR clearly farm their own alt accounts on opponents' servers (ie. they gained 200 points in 15-20 minutes in a skirmish despite trailing by 40 in PPT the whole time AND getting a 40 man PPT train farmed multiple times) and they vastly outnumbered anyone else by a country mile in EU WvW for 2 months. The weeks they've gone 84-0-0 are more than the ones they got 1 or 2 second places (except for bonus week as mentioned). They pretty much had PPT trains in every map throughout the day, they FARMED spawning areas in T1 against weaker servers and yet they got another link.

It's not like Desolation, didn't go through bad times due to this linking system for the past 4 years, especially last year when we got went from having stacked links, to no link, dead links and a mass exodus of guilds. We are constantly losing players and guilds to our other links or other servers, because they think the grass was greener with this current Linking system.

They were also regulars on Teamspeak or Discord , not the pugs who are spawn camping and ppt ktraining maps like the last link. Some of us tried to ask them to stop doing it, but Anet dropped us both to High population for even more bandwagoners to move, especially before the WXP event.

It was also a problem, when the other servers were trying to tank out of T1 deliberately like FSP, because of the WSR factor, after the last relink, but even then the transfers you saw on Gw2mists, mostly went inactive a couple of weeks after the link.

Deso and WSR was overstacked thanks to system and fairweathers,, but so many other T1 EU servers and matchups have ended up the same and you see the same results, everytime there is a relink. It's not fun for anyone, unless you get a perfectly balanced links, which is rare with the spread of the population of different players and Guilds.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048

9 hours ago, Nydo.3406 said:

That is an interesting take on this matchup, given that you Maguuma/SBI has overwhelmed both red and blue in PPT from the beginning of the match. Perhaps you should adjust your glasses.

Don’t be such a salty sadsack; I was just making a light comment.

I know stuff like time zones may be hard for some to grasp, but it turns out that people in the same match-up can have wildly different experiences depending on the time of day.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And there's the true colors, yeah that's sure to get some sympathy for your cause... 🙄

Maybe you should release the schedule of the minuscule active players so the other peasant servers can be ready on magically growing more players to match your coordinated comp class boon balls.

See there's s common problem with BG players and these complaints, they never put themselves in everyone elses shoes. BG has minuscule amount of players, but for some reason always manages to stay in t1/t2 whenever they choose, no matter who they're partnered with. So is it because of their link? maybe, which makes this relink with DB more interesting, another full server that spent months full but stuck in t4, and now shut out the usual bandwagoners to BG, lets see who's was carrying who now, the host or the link.

If you want BG to open you're going to have to destack fully and rebuild like every other server has done already years ago. Maybe it would have been at that point already if anet hadn't accidently reopened them a couple years ago.

Im not sure what you are trying to say. My whole complaint is i want to play with my guild and i can not. Thats all. The reason I cant is BC BG got transferred to a full server. Sorry i want to run with my friends in a MMO.

12 hours ago, Dao Jones.6720 said:

Don’t be such a salty sadsack; I was just making a light comment.

I know stuff like time zones may be hard for some to grasp, but it turns out that people in the same match-up can have wildly different experiences depending on the time of day.

You said that you  logged on after the reset queue died down, and Maguuma was dominating at that point, and continued to do so well past the time you posted (and I was still out in WvW at this point). I'm sorry, but your observation just doesn't agree with reality, unless you expected to log in to WvW and do pure ppt without having to deal with actual players from the other two servers. The first skirmish that Maguuma didn't win easily was well over 24 hours after reset; in other words, well after you posted this.

4 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im not sure what you are trying to say. My whole complaint is i want to play with my guild and i can not. Thats all. The reason I cant is BC BG got transferred to a full server. Sorry i want to run with my friends in a MMO.

And their complaint is players like you who travel with them everytime allow them to stay in t1/t2. Now you hiding behind the I want to play with my friends when you just a bandwagoner and somehow think BG isn't full when they got multiple large guilds plus the 25 dudes like you who transfer to their link every 2 months is funny to. BG also dropped down to VH 1 or 2 times in the last 2 years so you missed you chance I guess.

It's why you are getting zero sympathy here

• Like 2