World Linking 5/28/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

20 hours ago, Zavijah.2695 said:

I just transferred from Maguuma to Sea of Sorrows for 1) The publicised allure of playing with a greater Oceanic WvW population, and 2) with the server unlocks I just got my other half into the game and we would want to WvW together. 

Ironically, Maguuma is decimating Sea of Sorrows and Blackgate currently. 

As I've only recently returned from a 6 month break, when I cast my mind back, BoB was the only guild on Maguuma, that is Aussie, and had an active presence, but there weren't too many other guilds at the time we were playing. 

Now? Wow. I mean, I had to find a server for the partner and I to both be on anyway, but far out I regret moving. 

Since when did Maguuma actually become a powerhouse? WTF?!

I don't understand. You wanted to play with more OCX people, which you now can on your new server. You wanted to play with your SO, which you can on your new server. Both of your boxes have been ticked.

I made a move from Ehmry Bay which wasn't a terrible server but in certain times of the day I was finding our WvW population to be too scarce - and some of those times of the day would be prime time for AEST so the move just made sense.

I don't have that issue now....everytime I've logged in, I've had people to play with or at least around. I go to cap an objective and pretty much always end up having multiple friendlies either there already or that show up shortly after....and yeah, we're not winning every fight, but I'm not a solo player getting rushed up on by a zerg while I roam around anymore (and my guild is based in SoS - so it was pretty awkward when I unwittingly was in a fight with them while still on Ehmry Bay not long ago).

20 hours ago, Niteraven.1372 said:

I regret moving too, and I won't do it again.  We are being DESTROYED by Jade Quarry.  The answer for me, I guess, is to just not do wvw.  Maybe its a lot of people's answer.  I don't really know.

Did you move because you wanted to be on a specific server or because you wanted to ride a win for a session? It's not like a loss is a permanent thing - whereas whatever you saw as a benefit to switching servers is surely still there.

What do you mean, you don't understand? 😀 I explained in context, specifically :

"Maguuma is decimating Sea of Sorrows and Blackgate currently" 

"Since when did Maguuma actually become a powerhouse? WTF?!"

They've (Maguuma) done really well for themselves since when I last played WvW regularly. In fact, I went up against my old guild last night and while the numbers on the map turned, they're (BoB) extremely good at what they're doing, so when I did land some killing blows - I felt supreme guilt for being a dirty, filthy little traitor.

... Of which my partner has still to log into the game yet to even make his character to justify my jump. Much to my annoyance. 

12 hours ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

I don't understand. You wanted to play with more OCX people, which you now can on your new server. You wanted to play with your SO, which you can on your new server. Both of your boxes have been ticked.

I made a move from Ehmry Bay which wasn't a terrible server but in certain times of the day I was finding our WvW population to be too scarce - and some of those times of the day would be prime time for AEST so the move just made sense.

I don't have that issue now....everytime I've logged in, I've had people to play with or at least around. I go to cap an objective and pretty much always end up having multiple friendlies either there already or that show up shortly after....and yeah, we're not winning every fight, but I'm not a solo player getting rushed up on by a zerg while I roam around anymore (and my guild is based in SoS - so it was pretty awkward when I unwittingly was in a fight with them while still on Ehmry Bay not long ago).

Did you move because you wanted to be on a specific server or because you wanted to ride a win for a session? It's not like a loss is a permanent thing - whereas whatever you saw as a benefit to switching servers is surely still there.

I moved because I was impressed with HOD and the way they fought.  I just liked their style, and of all the other servers I played against they were really the only one I thought of joining.  We don't usually have huge zergs.  We have a lot of Havoc squads which I like a lot better.  Not a lot of gankers and I can always find an open tag.  There's no real NEED to join a wvw guild.  Its just a really nice server in my eyes.  I had fought lots of them and they were the only ones that impressed me.  Now we are with Darkhaven and they are nice too.  I try to stay away from EBG and SMC because I like smaller fights and squads.  I can't seem to get away from it anymore though.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zavijah.2695 said:

What do you mean, you don't understand? 😀 I explained in context, specifically :

"Maguuma is decimating Sea of Sorrows and Blackgate currently" 

"Since when did Maguuma actually become a powerhouse? WTF?!"

They've (Maguuma) done really well for themselves since when I last played WvW regularly. In fact, I went up against my old guild last night and while the numbers on the map turned, they're (BoB) extremely good at what they're doing, so when I did land some killing blows - I felt supreme guilt for being a dirty, filthy little traitor.

... Of which my partner has still to log into the game yet to even make his character to justify my jump. Much to my annoyance. 

I say I don't understand because you listed 2 reasons for moving servers and doing so should have satisfied them.....nowhere did you say that you switched servers with the expectation to not lose some fights (or get 'decimated').

It sucks that your SO hasn't created a character yet - hopefully they get into the game soon and are able to share the experience with you.