[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:
  1. LFG Full Map Icons (If there is a group in the LFG but their map is full).

This is hard. How do you define "their map" when each of the four existing members (you want to be the fifth) is on a different map, or if they're on the same map, but they aren't all on the same instance ("/ip", roughly) of it. (For squads it's easier - you define it as the
commander's
map, but for ordinary parties, there doesn't seem to be a clear idea of "leader".)

The commander's map.

• ArenaNet Staff

Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

Thanks, Gaile!

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:
  1. LFG Full Map Icons (If there is a group in the LFG but their map is full).

This is hard. How do you define "their map" when each of the four existing members (you want to be the fifth) is on a different map, or if they're on the same map, but they aren't all on the same instance ("/ip", roughly) of it. (For squads it's easier - you define it as the
commander's
map, but for ordinary parties, there doesn't seem to be a clear idea of "leader".)

The commander's map.

Yes, that's what I said, for squads.

Who is the leader/commander of a party (group of five)? In other MMORPGs that I've played, there is a leader (initially the creator of the group), and leadership can be transferred explicitly to another member by the current leader, or implicitly by the current leader quitting the party. There doesn't seem to be such a thing in GW2, and that's why I said it is hard.

• ArenaNet Staff

I thought I'd mention that we have a blog post about the new wardrobe feature for novelties.

It specifically mentions tonics: "What about Tonics? We didn’t forget about them! The number of tonics to be converted to the wardrobe was pretty daunting, but rest assured that work is well underway. As soon as we’ve made sure everything’s in working order, we’ll add a fifth slot for endless tonics." So this is on the table. :D

Crafting Recipes Suggestions. I do not know if this has ever been suggested. It has bothered me for the nearly 4 yrs. I have played. When you interact with a crafting station your list of recipes opens up. Let's just call that the recipe book ( I dont know its formal name). I recognize that you can query your list, via the cog at the top, according to various parameters. However, this isn't always intuitive or quickly done. What would be nice to have is a simple "Collapse All" "Expand All" option. As it is now, each time you move away from the workstation and return, you have to scroll thru the list again. If I am refining a variety of material, for example, I would need to either scroll down or type in the name. If I have a "Collapse All" option, then with a click of a button I could quickly select the Refinement section. The cherry on the top of my suggestion would be that the program remembered the last selection made (either collapse or expand). Again, I dont know if this has ever been suggested, but it has been on my QoL wish list for quiet some time.

The ability to hide shoulders on outfits would be lovely. :)

An option to permanently hide the "Your current mastery is fully trained and ready to be learned!" (or whatever that says) popup. I've still got a long way to go (don't want to do the story out of order) before I can properly unlock masteries, and having that thing jump up whenever I so much as sneeze is a little annoying.

So... I'm sure this was said before... but I had an idea if your willing to hear me out... Now, I'm sure people have been asking for a player housing system over and over again. And yet, I know it could be a lot of work... I had an idea that came to me as I was roaming around Tyria. In my travels, I've seen a lot of buildings and towns that were there purely for the atmosphere. there were no events to worry about, no mobs to kill, and they look really beautiful. That's when a thought came to me: "Why not have a housing system base off and located of these buildings, they're already here and in a nice quiet spot, and you don't need to make the building from scratch... THAT WOULD CUT THE WORKLOAD IN HALF, IF NOT TWO-THIRDS... it would be like the hero's hometown, a separate and private instance only for your home... YOUR house... and the mechanics are already in this game, aka the guild hall... "

Now, as for how to get this home, I had an idea for that too... Why not make Deeds you can purchase for Gems and Gold (Gold being a little bit expensive). Once when you purchase the deed, you can carry it with you around Tyria till you find a building with a housing system, all you need to do is walk up to the house, interact with it, it'll say that you need a deed to have this house... which you do, hit confirm, and congrats... the house is your to freely go in out and customize the interior AND exterior around the home (at a certain distance mind you and if it's not like an apartment or something..)

Now, I had two little extra Ideas is that you can decide rather put in the game or not. The first one I was thinking you do, is you could make another crafting Profession, this one is called "Carpentry" this allows a player to create unique decor not found anywhere in Tyria. if they do not wish to be a Carpenter, they can purchase them through the Black Lion Trading Co. from other players that are selling them...

The second one is for those who love their mounts. Along with the housing system I gave and provided they have a house, they can have a little stable for there favorite mount. Nothing feels great than your favorite mount greeting you when you come home from a long day of PvP, PvE, Dungeoneering, and/or Raids...

I know there's a lot to read and I'm really sorry for that, maybe I could simplify them, but I really wanted to explain the full breadth and width of my idea ^_^;If you have survived this lengthy read, Thank you for your time and patience...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Khallexziel.4327" said:This is really annoying, I have both expansions and did spent some 6 mastery points for all three branches. Still nagging on everyting, especially now, I've found some jumping puzzle or something "Second Aetherblade Site" which makes the stupid pop-up appear constantly on being ejected by the pads. Make it timed or something, IDK. Just not like it is now. :angry: >:C

Then, you are experiencing a different issue than what is being discussed in this thread. Have you tried a -repair of the client, or contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?

Repair of the client? I wouldn't think that it can change the way, the UI is working. Will see what happens again now, since I've gained some more points (13 total spent across all masteries) and I'm still filling up the XP. Might be a different problem as you say but previously it was getting triggered even from other things, not just the jumping pads.

I don't know if it would be possible but PLEASE A-NET, add in a feature to where if I am duel wielding legendary weapons that I have an option to see both of the foot prints for the weapons. If I am using a Bolt and Rodgort I would just love for there to be an option where I can either select only Bolt's footfalls or only Rodgort's footfalls, and an option where i could have both. This has always been a problem for me because I want to see the footfalls of a new legendary that i just earned, for example Rodgort.

Along the same line as the "Novelties" QoL improvement, could we have something like this for tonics? Even if it was more like the shared inventory tabs - a purcahsable tonic pouch - I would easily throw a few thousand gems at this. Anything that frees up this entire storage tab and a half all these tonics are taking up. :anguished:

Yay! Thank you! I've wanted this thread stickied since the new forum was implemented! =)

My suggestions: A checkbox option to hide the skirts on leggings please.
A bookshelf please. Or maybe a designated bank tab for the books we need to keep.
I also like the suggestion for collapsible tabs in the crafting stations. I remember reading another suggestion a while back to color code the items in there. That would be really helpful.

Guildhall npc Fion needs seperate tabs for his decorations and also the possibility to add multiple items at once. At least for thr festive items. Adding 10 items at once would already be a huge adventage.

Second thing is to redo the achievement tabs. Its a huge mess. The story achievements contain soo much chapters (39 now?) Please split it up.My suggestion is to use horizontal and vertical tabs (we now only have the vertical ones.)Horizontal tabs: general, living story, HoT, PoF and future expansions.. Disable/grey out the tabs for people who dont have the content.

The the equipment preview window and how things look ingame oftentimes differs vastly from each other which can make it quite difficult to (for example) chose the right dye. The reason for this is the lighting which has a sicnificant impact on how things turn out at the end. To solve this problem I'd suggest adding various lighting options to the preview windows.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I thought I'd mention that we have a blog post about the new wardrobe feature for novelties.

It specifically mentions tonics: "What about Tonics? We didn’t forget about them! The number of tonics to be converted to the wardrobe was pretty daunting, but rest assured that work is well underway. As soon as we’ve made sure everything’s in working order, we’ll add a fifth slot for endless tonics." So this is on the table. :D

Please turn the following combat tonics into outfits like you did with the town clothing:

• Potion of Ascalonian Mages
  • Infinite Watchknight Tonic
  • Infinite Watchknight Mk II Tonic
  • Endless Kodan Tonic
  • Endless Miniature Tonic
  • Endless Embiggening Tonic
  • Endless Fury Combat Tonic
  • Endless Chaos Combat Tonic
  • Endless Olmakhan Tonic

Don't turn them into novelty items. O~O

Please use my RAM.

From time to time, while I play GW2, I'm copying large files over on my computer or am defragmenting my drives.This of course causes serious delays in disk access which makes my wonder: Why does Guild Wars 2 keep loading the same data from disk? Why not keep it in memory? I got 32 GB of it and GW2 may use a lot of it.

Example: I may teleport back to an area of the WvW map that I just was (and should have loaded to RAM) but this requires the game to load objects and textures again. Same with sound effects, skill animations, NPC's, armor skins, weapons, gliders etc.

Why not keep it in RAM when the RAM is here. No need to keep purging these items from RAM because it is likely that they are needed a minute later. Sure, I know that many players have less powerful systems, but let's at least make use of the RAM some players actually have available.

Update the Living World Node icons

Bit of inconsistency in how they appear in the world and the Home nodes. Winterberries, Jade Shards, Fire Orchids, Orrian Oysters, Difluorite and the Kournan Cache have unique icons on their respective maps, Bloodstone and Petrified Wood still don't. The SAB bauble node has a unique icon too.

• Bloodstone Fen just appears as regular mining node in both Home and Openworld
  • Petrified Wood is a regular wood node in both
  • Orrian Oyster is a regular vegenode in the home instance
  • Brandstone is another mining node at Home since it only spawns via a map event

Ideally I'd like to see:

• A red node for Bloodstone
  • A purple-tinted wood node for Petrified Wood
  • Orrian Oyster's openworld icon in the Home instance
  • Brandstone to get a brandstone purple mining node

I'd also like to see the node icons replace the green {list} arrows on the Portal Tomes so when the tome appears behind the default inventory placement you can still see 'where' you are going.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Guildhall npc Fion needs seperate tabs for his decorations and also the possibility to add multiple items at once. At least for the festive items. Adding 10 items at once would already be a huge advantage.

Some previous discussion on this one

There wasn't much but it seems organising the tabs would be a welcome addition like so:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I like the idea of offering tabs (and while we're at it, how about being able to specify the number of items to trade). I'd like to see a different set of categories though:

• Festivals
  • Instanced Content (raids, fractals, dungeons)
  • Vanilla Tyria (world bosses, etc)
  • Heart of Thorns (including LS3)
  • PoF (including LS4)

Although since the raids are limited to type we could cut one tab down and place them inside each expansion tab.

• Festivals (Snow Piles, Snow Mound, Super Cloud, Zephyr Lantern, Pumpkins and 4 luck rarities of Red Lantern)
  • Instanced Content (fractals, dungeons)
  • Vanilla Tyria (world bosses, etc)
  • Heart of Thorns (HoT exclusives, HoT raids & LS3)
  • Path of Fire (PoF raids & LS4)

And as pointed out this would mean a new tab could be added once the next expansion is released AND keep expansion-specific items apart from those that don't have the required ex-pack.

• Like 1