[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Can we get a separate Suggestion / Quality of Life root discussion area. The QoL thread is quite large, 164 pages long. Posting in a single extremely large thread can cause posts to be lost in the sea of comments. Merging separate posts into that thread can cause replies to become disjointed and the title of the original post is lost. Suggestions and QoL requests are really more specific than a generalized post.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Can we get a separate Suggestion / Quality of Life root discussion area. The QoL thread is quite large, 164 pages long. Posting in a single extremely large thread can cause posts to be lost in the sea of comments. Merging separate posts into that thread can cause replies to become disjointed and the title of the original post is lost. Suggestions and QoL requests are really more specific than a generalized post.

Omg i just posted this!!! this is ridiculous how they just dump everything here. this is the place all these posts go to die, no one can focus on any issue because they keep tossing everything in here. we need a separate forum for this where the issues can get the individual attention they need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Omg i just posted this!!! this is ridiculous how they just dump everything here. this is the place all these posts go to die, no one can focus on any issue because they keep tossing everything in here. we need a separate forum for this where the issues can get the individual attention they need. 

I'm pretty much ready to give up on this "official" forum. I couldn't tell you how many posts I've had dumped in here. If they were serious about taking people's suggestions and QoL input, they would have a separate section just for them so they could be parsed out the way posts should be. They should also have a way for people to post suggestions that's only visible by the person posting and ANet employees. Honestly I've though for awhile that if something doesn't blow up on reddit or twitter; it's mostly ignored.

• Like 2

hi if someone of the developers read this, i wanna ask if yu can adapt the size of the warclaw to the size of the charr cause skins, specially for me the torn warthorn skin of the warclaw looks a little like i am mounting over a dog and the skin is like bear-yiena, well now that i think if it is a yiena doesnt look that bad, this skin is like the better looking skin of the warclaw with charr cause of the size of the armor, but still i think the size of the warclaw could change a little to fit better, cause talking on equilibrium of size is like the better and the ones that look like the deffaut warclaw skins, thats if talking that that size is nomal, cause charr and warclaw skins doesnt look like on pair if,  cause charr looks like to big in comparison with the mount, only the default look of the warclaw it looks a little better cause of the big head of the warclaw, i would like if yu can change that if not now for the realease of alliances in the game, dont know if thats difficult to do or not, but would be very apreciated, thnx yu, have a good one 🙂

Edited by Devoid.1297

Give every placeable interactable object the name of the person that placed it. Vendors, toys.

i.e. Box of fun (Freddy Turtlefunk)

This will give proper credits to people being helpful but reduce griefing if there is some crazy technical limitation for why you havn't been able to put a toggle for interact in 10 years

Edited by Pheex.8932
  • Like 3

Bring back the epic Vanilla and Heart of Thorns style character select screens and music for End of Dragons, modified for a Canthan-appropriate theme of course.

Since Path of Fire release there have been many complaints about how dark the character selection is (and how it lights your characters, especially), and how subtle and almost unnoticeable the music is, so it essentially feels like the character select isn't there at all, or serves no purpose. On top of this in light of high expectations, it still wasn't changed for IceBrood Saga despite its claims of being expansion-like.

Please don't repeat the same mistake again, we're at war the Deep Sea dragon not splashing around in a pool in our backyard. Let's bring back some of that identity that made Guild Wars 2 what it is.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s definitely not a technical limitation on their end as you could easily get by setting your clock back a year ago. I’m not sure if that’s still possible now.  Game will likely crash in-game so not an option that’s really worth it. 

Edited by mythical.6315

Agreed.

Neutral lighting, please, and no covering of the feet, so we can make accurate screenshots of our characters again.

Also, it won't hurt if the scaling of characters could be adjusted so they will no longer be scaled by width (which makes Charr so tall that they don't fit the screen) but by height.

(I don't dare to ask for new sorting options etc, but those would be highly appreciated as well.)

• Like 4

The skins you receive as reward are currently a pain to handle. They use an slot in your bank and if you don't want this, you have to enter the name to throw it away. 

But what is this skin actually for?  It's simply a combination of unlocking and a free transformation. Why not simply add a "consum" option that grants exactly this.

The skin gets unlocked and in addition we get an transmorph charge. No need to waste a bank storage to save a charge for anytime later and no pain to enter the full name if you swin in charges as I do. 

Edited by Eitum.7631
Typo
  • Like 5

Well the skins that aren't account bound have the option to "store" them in your account wardrobe. This consumes the skin and the game warns you that you will have to spend a transmute charge to attach the appearance to equipment.  I have over 300 charges so I went through my bank and just fed the ones I could to my wardrobe. I suppose I should go back and delete the ones that are unlocked but are still an item.   A free transmute isn't worthy of taking up a bank slot.

• Like 1

I started playing this game about 5 months ago or so and I loved it, recently I got my first legendary ad inifitum, and I found a minor inconvenience, but it is not a complaint but a suggestion, the power to change the color of them , to combine outfits, or clothes, etc. It seemed like a good place to comment, since perhaps more players have this same concern. Apart from the fact that the appearance of the legendary is very beautiful, and it would be even more so if you could change color, or alternate them to suit the player.  

Thank you for taking the time to read me, I wish you a good day and best regards!