[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

2 hours ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

If they look like Scarlet Briar's Watch Knight it would be sweet (With the Springer having springs on his leg, and both flyer having rotors in place of wings)

But the mounts are naked! They have to be censored to match the watchknight. Put pants on the springer to cover up their butts.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But the mounts are naked! They have to be censored to match the watchknight. Put pants on the springer to cover up their butts.

2 version:

Watchknight: With the covering armour and all that jazz

Unstable  Watchknight: With the broken armour and the apparent gears (maybe even with wisps of energy coming it out of it)

I believe that it would fulfil many fashion-war enthusiastic player if we could use all unlocked armour skins on our characters regardless what armour type their class gives them.

This would only apply to the skins, one should still grind light+medium+heavy legendary armour, but I don't see a big downside why the heavy unlocked skins couldn't be used on a light armour character.

There would be clipping, but there is clipping already if you have a longer hair character and shoulder piece, and I found different sets of armour clip even if they both light, but if this is implemented it would add many more options to the fashion-wars players.

Hi all.

Would like to request the option to buy, sell, or straight swap mount skins please.

I have loads of skimmer skins that I never use, and also a few other mount skins that are just sitting there.

I also spent 1200 gems some time ago with intention to buy the gilded shortfang but ended up with another skin from a different pack altogether. 

Wasn't even the nicest skin of the two available skins.

Thanks for your time.

Edit:

Also please, more useful ways to get goodies out of obsidian, Dragonite, Bloody Dust, and the other blue crystal thing, as well as the sweet corn thingies.

Have to constantly discard them from inventory because we get piles of them and no use.

Cheers.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

I want to suggest 

the relocation between bank tab. Why? 

coz once you buy new bank tab, you have to drag down each item one by one in order to arrange them again

If you have 5-6 tab and buy new tab m that mean you must drag item 30 item per tab x 5 to 6 tab = 150 - 180 times.

if we can move tab then we can sort out item faster by just move tab.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I just googled 'Tahitian peacock black pearl' to see what you meant, then felt stupid when I realised you mean actual black pearls.

So an iridescent black dye, similar to the shiny parts of the nightspeaker outfit? That would be very cool. I have no idea if it's possible to put that into a dye, but if it is I'd definitely use it.

I second this.  I don't know if it's possible either, but I'd also love to see it in white opal as well.

• Like 2

Wings are very cute but...
it seems very small and barely noticeable on Sylvari. If there is some way to just make them a little bit larger would be very cool. Compared to other back items(wings type) these are smallest of all and somehow do not fit on already smaller Sylvari character.

Take a look by yourself below -> and compare The Ascension size and size of these wings. Also i added sized suggestion in one of screenshots.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5-suggestion
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

Wings are very cute but...
it seems very small and barely noticeable on Sylvari. If there is some way to just make them a little bit larger would be very cool. Compared to other back items(wings type) these are smallest of all and somehow do not fit on already smaller Sylvari character.

Take a look by yourself below -> and compare The Ascension size and size of these wings. Also i added sized suggestion in one of screenshots.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5-suggestion
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9

As I mentioned recently, a slider in wardrobe to adjust Back Item size will be very good QoL and solution to many.

• Like 1

Please consider increasing Build STORAGE Expansion slots from 24 to 27 in anticipation of End of Dragons.

9 professions x 3 elite specs each = 27 slots, 1 for each elite spec

A number of players I know (as well as myself) store our elite spec builds in build storage specifically because it is harder to alter them by accident.

Example of build storage being used for each elite spec

Thank you.

Very specific feedback, but I was in Wayfarer Foothills to do the events daily, and ended up collecting magic ice blocks for Ulfred.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collect_magical_ice_blocks_and_bring_them_to_Ulfred

I blew down the short tunnel and killed all the elementals, then returned to Ulfred to discover there was someone on an actual level 5 character there. We waited a considerably long time for the elementals to respawn, and then I held back to let her get damage on each one so she could get the ice blocks to drop. Once again, they were all gone and we stood around for quite a while waiting for them to reappear again to complete the event.

Could the respawn timer for these elementals get adjusted while the event is up?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a scaling problem because I've done it completely solo and had exactly the same problem - I go through and kill all the elementals, collect all the ice blocks and turn them in and then I have to go and wait for them to respawn and kill them all again. I think it takes 2 full sweeps to complete it solo, but I usually end up doing 3-4 runs to the vendor because I don't want to wait around in case I don't need them all.

It's not really any worse with more people, although it can be hard for an individual to get credit if other people are killing the elementals too quickly, but it does scale up, it's just it's starting from not enough elementals so it scales up to still not enough elementals.

I suspect the best way to do it is for a small group (about 3 of 4 players) to go through together making sure they all tag each elemental so they all get ice blocks as drops, but I have't actually tried doing it that way and even if it works that's a lot of coordination for one of the first events players are likely to encounter.

IMO the solution would be to balance it so that 1 player on their own only needs to kill each elemental once (although of course they could miss some and kill some twice) to get enough ice, then scale the amount needed and the respawn rate up for each player present.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:44 AM, Grunties.6178 said:

Like with a lot of UI/UX design, that gets tricky in a non-obvious way. For a UI, it's usually best to keep the same color for the same function unless the change in color imparts some additional information, like the name changing color to denote rarity. The brain likes consistency in general, and especially when looking for something quickly. If you mean choosing between light text on a dark item background and dark text on a light item background, that's solved by having a consistent light text with a dark outline* that hits all edges of the text with a sufficient radius, since you get contrast from the light text and dark background when on a dark background (where the outline blends into the background), and from the text and outline when on a light background. Plus you aren't left with a mushy look on a medium background where a light or dark text doesn't create sufficient contrast without an outline.

*You might go with a dark text with a light outline instead, but that will depend on if your overall UI is designed to be "light on dark" or "dark on light". Going with the opposite from the rest of the UI usually denotes some information, like a very important header. It's often improperly used to denote a chosen option when there are only two to choose from, which gives you no good way to tell if it denotes "active" or "inactive". (I've seen it used both ways.) You need at least three possible options to deduce the odd man out. Sorry for the ramble. Proper UX has become a passion of mine. Waaaay too many companies fall flat with this—even ones that have become huge. (I'm glaring at you, Google.) I've actually been rather happy with GW2 and some of the changes ANet has made in response to user feedback, like Other Players' Unique Item Sounds and Disable Player Item Chatter.

Thank you for explaining that.

I found it very helpful. 🙂

This would be a very useful QOL improvement. I can't count the number of times some troll and/or idiot has spawned a banker, trading post, or other [F] object directly on top of a crafting station, actual banker, actual trading post, or other [F] object. Most often, this can easily be solved by carefully clicking on the object I actually want, but sometimes the two have been placed so close that there's no way to access the one I actually want, and I have to go to another map. On some occasions, the thing I want to access doesn't exist anywhere else, and I have to go do something else while I wait for the dropped [F] object to despawn.

It seems to me that this issue can be easily solved by disallowing the spawn of any [F] object in the players' inventories within a radius of an existing in-game [F] object.

Edited by daimon.9876
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1