[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Please make Instant Level 80 Tickets giftable.

You have tied the ticket directly to the shared inventory-slot, which is imo a great design flaw. Just because I cannot know if my recipient does have such a slot unlocked, there is no gift-option at all?

- remove the connection the the shared inventory slot
- create a new item that is not tied and can be gifted
- create a pre-check of the recipient-account, if they are able to receive the gift. This would work with several goods on the Gemstore.

I think it would even increase the total sales of this item.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Anet has already crushingly nerfed the current WvW mount so that it is only barely better than running with swiftness. Given that they don't seem to want mount(s) to provide any sort of significant improvement to movement speed, they are unlikely to follow up on this suggestion. 

I believe the concern revolves around it being TOO easy for defeated players to WP and return to the battle.

Which would make sieges endless if defeated could return in 30-60s.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 4:23 PM, Imba.9451 said:

As discussed in other threads, I am extremely into the idea of being able to unlock the PvE legendary armor skins without having to craft them. It could work by having a merchant who only sells you, for example, the light legendary breastplate skin for the corresponding amout of LI and some gold, if you already have a legendary light chest piece (either PvP or WvW) bound to your account. This system already exists with awakened weapon skins in PvP.

Currently, there is a huge value disparity between crafting the Raid-Armor and the PvP/WvW armor. People who crafted the raid armor can unlock the other skins simply by purchasing the ascended gear pieces. On the other hand, people who crafted the PvP/WvW variant have to craft a whole legendary set of armor again, without receiving any benefit from doing so - else they can not get the skin.

I think it's unfair for PvP and WvW player to lock them out of this skin, unless they want to invest a huge amount of money again, despite them probably having invested a lot more time in their corresponding armor than Raid players have.

Just another reminder of this idea. The value-disparity between legendary sets is still there, and it would be easily fxable this way.

• Confused 2

● Please remove jumping puzzles once and for all from this game.

Nobody likes them, nobody wants them.

There are tons of threads from people requesting jumping puzzles to be removed from GW2.

If at least we had a grapple or were able to hang on to ledges, and climb and shimmy, it would be a completely different scenario altogether.

They are more of an inconvenience than anything, as approaching them, you get dismounted and sometimes it happens so quick that your character gets dead... especially around Ember Bay, Fireheart Rise, and other areas where the JP occupies a large amount of the map.

The rewards don't even justify the existence of this very annoying mode.

Please remove this and replace it with something more fun to do.

PS, thank Godness for mesmer portals.

● An ascended crafting material exchange merchant.

We get tons of Bloodstone Dust and of Empyreal Fragments, but nowhere near enough of Dragonite Ore.

Having to farm for enough of this material, just bloats you again with BsD and EF.

Having to discard some of it due to lack of space.

Why this happens... I don't know!?

Alternatively please increase Dragonite drops significantly to be at par with the other two.

● Make crafting less annoying.

Why is it everytime we change tabs or go back to crafting, everything you just minimised on the tabs are all back open/extended again.

If you want to get to the bottom of the list, you have to minime again or have a very long scroll down.

Please make it so it remembers how we left it.

Example: Only Hammer tab is extended.

We open crafting to find it just like this.

Also does not justify why crafting certain items such as 50 Fulgorite takes half an hour?

Ok, it's an exaggeration, but it takes too long.

This should only happen the very first time you craft an item or while still gaining experience out of it.

After that, the crafting speed should be much faster.

Thanks for your time.

We all know you are really busy with EoD.

But please consider.

• Confused 1

Just watching the new jade bot mastery video and suddenly it came into my mind, since we getting more and more masteries from different expansion, there's a opinion from the problem what i been facing:

could we change the exp bar's color for different masteries, like for example, red exp bar for PoF, Light blue/green for EoD, Yellow remains for Core etc, cause we all know we can only level certain masteries in certain maps, but sometimes we forgot to switch the masteries line due to we don't have enough mastery points yet, and u need to switch mastery even u level up or max level,
the different color exp bar would help players knows which expansion's masteries they are leveling in diff area, just a little idea but i think it would help lot of pple, especially new players to figure it out they are leveling different mastery line when they move to core/ other expansion's map.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

● Please remove jumping puzzles once and for all from this game.

Nobody likes them, nobody wants them.

There are tons of threads from people requesting jumping puzzles to be removed from GW2.

If at least we had a grapple or were able to hang on to ledges, and climb and shimmy, it would be a completely different scenario altogether.

They are more of an inconvenience than anything, as approaching them, you get dismounted and sometimes it happens so quick that your character gets dead... especially around Ember Bay, Fireheart Rise, and other areas where the JP occupies a large amount of the map.

The rewards don't even justify the existence of this very annoying mode.

Please remove this and replace it with something more fun to do.

No.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, chrisyeh.7190 said:

Just watching the new jade bot mastery video and suddenly it came into my mind, since we getting more and more masteries from different expansion, there's a opinion from the problem what i been facing:

could we change the exp bar's color for different masteries, like for example, red exp bar for PoF, Light blue/green for EoD, Yellow remains for Core etc, cause we all know we can only level certain masteries in certain maps, but sometimes we forgot to switch the masteries line due to we don't have enough mastery points yet, and u need to switch mastery even u level up or max level,
the different color exp bar would help players knows which expansion's masteries they are leveling in diff area, just a little idea but i think it would help lot of pple, especially new players to figure it out they are leveling different mastery line when they move to core/ other expansion's map.

Yeah I'm totally for this would be a neat simple idea.  Perhaps bar colour to be the same as the masteries? I.e. Core (red ), Hot (green), PoF (purple/magenta), Icebrood (blue), EoD =? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I came back to gw2 to play wvw because I liked wvw back when I played many years ago.

So far WvW feels like it hasn't changed. It doesn't feel updated after all these years!

Something needs to be done to reinvigorate this game mode.

1. Give players a new energy resource in WvW that recharges over time.
  2. This resource is used to summon a mount.
  3. Mount types have varying resource amount costs.

I play planetside 2 and that is how they do vehicles. This way each mount can be balanced by resource cost to summon. A siege turtle or roller beetle could cost way more than a warclaw.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 3

I agree that it's not completely needed but I still like the idea.  There's nothing really to switch, worst case you get some xp into a track before you realize you would prefer another track first.  In the end you have them all maxed if you care to.  However, the color change would help confirm that you are working on the area you want to.  For example, it's not hard to learn that Bloodstone Fen provides HoT xp, but some people may not realize that.  The color bar would make it very clear.

Otoh there is the fact that then you'd have a big streak of color across the bottom of your screen that you may not care to see.  Maybe just one section of it could be colored?  Enough to give the info without affecting the overall look of the screen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont need to switch mastery track if its filled it will start filling up the next one in that area automaticly.

When was that particular change applied? :classic_blink: Or did you mean that it changes between different regions? Because it certainly does not automatically swap to another Mastery once a track has been 100% filled but not completed by spending Mastery Points on it at the end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

When was that particular change applied? :classic_blink: Or did you mean that it changes between different regions? Because it certainly does not automatically swap to another Mastery once a track has been 100% filled but not completed by spending Mastery Points on it at the end.

It dont swap no but it fills another in the same region with exp without you swaping it.

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I've never noticed. Thanks! 🙂

Once a mastery track has been fully trained, it may be unlocked using mastery points (see below). If a player does not have enough mastery points to unlock the mastery, additional experience gained in that region will spill over to the next available untrained mastery track (or a player can select the next track to train manually).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

Under training a mastery if  you wanted a source on it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Once a mastery track has been fully trained, it may be unlocked using mastery points (see below). If a player does not have enough mastery points to unlock the mastery, additional experience gained in that region will spill over to the next available untrained mastery track (or a player can select the next track to train manually).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

Under training a mastery if  you wanted a source on it.

Guess I had never noticed because I always remembered to select another track manually. Again, thank you.

• Like 1

I am in for one vote to kick jumping puzzle out.

honesty it should categorize as side quest / achievements  for player who love challenges 

easy one I don’t mind put In main story. Coz it will give a good taste.

but the hell mode like ember bay jump. Honestly. Who give idea to put in Achievements.?!!!

if you don’t see youtube.  How many people can pass without see YouTube? I think less than 5% 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I agree that it's not completely needed but I still like the idea.  There's nothing really to switch, worst case you get some xp into a track before you realize you would prefer another track first.  In the end you have them all maxed if you care to.  However, the color change would help confirm that you are working on the area you want to.  For example, it's not hard to learn that Bloodstone Fen provides HoT xp, but some people may not realize that.  The color bar would make it very clear.

Otoh there is the fact that then you'd have a big streak of color across the bottom of your screen that you may not care to see.  Maybe just one section of it could be colored?  Enough to give the info without affecting the overall look of the screen.

The associated colored symbol for the Mastery Track already shows at the right side of the XP bar (and a Spirit Shard when all Tracks are completed)..  Not sure more color is needed.  Also, the XP bar changes color when one changes modes (PvP, etc.) so, for instance, blue is already taken. 

On 2/12/2022 at 7:29 PM, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Anet has already crushingly nerfed the current WvW mount so that it is only barely better than running with swiftness. Given that they don't seem to want mount(s) to provide any sort of significant improvement to movement speed, they are unlikely to follow up on this suggestion. 

I believe the concern revolves around it being TOO easy for defeated players to WP and return to the battle.

Probably this and pre-nerf there have been a lot of complaints that people without a mount can't keep up with a mounted zerg.

1 minute ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

i think part of the melee hate for elementalist is because of all the minor master traits in the element lines. swapping to fire, earth and water all provide point blank AoE spells. even though most of the base weapons have some range. (secondly, most e-specs are designed around frontline combat, which adds to the hate) 

[SUGGESTION] these need to be reworked into 1200-range small AoE spells that provide their buffs (if any) to the elementalist and its close proximity allies.

such as: the water trait spell should apply a small AoE chill around the target, and siphon health to the elementalist. the animation could show the ele sucking water out of the target, and if the animated water passes through an ally, than the buff / effect also gets applied to the ally.

the earth spell (since it's animation is an explosion of a shockwave) should also pushback enemy target within 1200 range.

the fire spell (sunspot) can simply be applied on target instead of on the caster.

7 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The associated colored symbol for the Mastery Track already shows at the right side of the XP bar (and a Spirit Shard when all Tracks are completed)..  Not sure more color is needed.  Also, the XP bar changes color when one changes modes (PvP, etc.) so, for instance, blue is already taken. 

Already taken hasn't stopped them from re-using a color for titles that was already used for party members ...

• Confused 1

Another suggestion i want to make, is for the players to be able to unlock an elite spec's weapon after completing the full trait line of that spec's weapon for all elite specs and core class of that character to use. Would make completing all trait lines more useful, since at the time, you don't have any real use for completing any elite spec trait line that you don't want your character going to, except for completing achievements.

Edited by Noenp.2041
  • Confused 1

Please Mod the login screen.  I am talking about before the character selection screen is available I am met with a pure white screen that blinds me each day.  Could you please look at the possibilty of modifying that to something else besides white.  

Thanks

BTW Great job on a great game keep it up please.

• Like 1