[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Make the last saved Commander Icons (and colors) character bound.

(For example, my ranger has a blue theme, while my mesmer has a purple theme. It would be nice if the commander icon/color matched what the character last used -- not what the account last used.)

Edited by Chrysline.2317

Add role-based icons for squad members.

If squad members could advertise the roles they intend to fill (and show those roles with little icons in the squad list or even just on mouse-over), it would help streamline organization of squads & reduce the number of pulls where you have a role unfilled or have two people duplicating a role without realizing it. By having the role indicators be opt-in (i.e. I get to choose what indicators are enabled for my character), it should hopefully avoid potential friction where a commander may assign a role that somebody doesn't want.

Example roles to include: Tank, Healer, Key boons (might, alac, quickness?)

I probably wouldn't try to get super-detailed with it to where there are roles for things like hand kiter, but a handful of self-opt-in roles could go a long way towards organizing PUGs & covering the basics in content like raids.

Edited by Elderbul.5392
  • Confused 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:09 PM, medivh.4725 said:

Activating build templates need to tell the player which template. Instead of current sign "Activating Template".
Is should be "Activating Template: Roaming Holosmith". For example.

That is why we have name on these templates in first place.

Isn't that already in place? At least when I change templates I see in yellow "activating template Soulbeast" for example.

Resize Mouse Cursor and Emphasise Ground Target Green Circle Please!

With all the visual clutter it is getting really hard to locate you mouse cursor for targeting, and the ground targeting green circle needs more emphasis, it often can barely been seen when there are a million particle effects going on.

Thanks

Edited by Jalad Lantana.3027

With the upcoming steam launch and reworking of Season 1 ideas for a better player experience have been bouncing around in my head and have to get them out.

• Things that I think absolutely need to be done
  1. The LFG System; There have been countless suggestions to this topic and I hope that ANet is aware.  It could be something as simple as relisting what is available and being able to queue interest in multiple fields.  I also wonder if you could mark say Verdant Brink as 'interested' and then get a ping whenever a group posted.  Inversely people could see the amount of interest then go, "Oh maybe I should start a group!"
  2. Living World Story Access; Accepting the current model of free when there and pay if you missed out for LWS2-5 it feels crummy trying to explain to new players how to navigate the system. 
  • "Oh I bought the $99 Ultimate Edition of the game".... no you didn't, it doesn't include arguably 1/3rd of the entire story not to mention 14 more maps
  • "I have to pay 200 gems for each of these?!?"... no there is a bundle but there isn't any hint of it on the Hero Panel and instead you have to check on the gem store... yes its also available on ANets webstore... Why isn't there a link/mention to bundle in Hero Panel?!

• (What I imagine are) Easy QoL things
  1. Boss Tonics - I think what could be a good learning tool for strike + raid leaders is an Endless Tonic that transforms you into a boss with a couple of their abilities as costume brawl moves.  Being able to transform into Cairne and show the teleport attack or Samarog's shockwaves or 'friends' before the fight would help and I would imagine not a huge time investment from ANet as much of the animation + implementation work would already be in place.
  2. Custom Activity Games - When discovered Keg Brawl I thought it would be great fun to play a game of that with my friends. Only come to learn that there is no real way for my friends and I to all join the same game and try to organize teams.  Having these modes be an option in the pvp custom game or even set outside pvp in a similar custom tool could be another fun thing for guilds + groups!  Imagine Teapot going wild shoutcasting an organized Southsun Survival game with a community prize pool.

Wishful thinking!

1. Dungeons Revamp - With the announcement of LW S1 returning I've sorta gotten this hope that ANet will take a crack at Dungeons again.  New players all look to them to play then either run into level 80 speed running groups or can't find anyone and give up.
    I'd love to see them effectively remade.  Keep as much of the map as you can as I'm aware the files are probably a decade old.  3 game types - the STORY for first timers that acts much akin to a Dragon Response Mission with some idle work at the start as people hot join.  Following that is the EXPLORABLE that is relatively similar to current but with retooled bosses with attacks (and telegraphs) that befit the modern mechanics.  Lastly CHALLENGE MODE which is the stuff built for level 80s and is proper hard like a Tier 3-4 Fractal kinda hurt.  Finally while keeping the Dungeon Vendor in LA I'd put each respective vendor by the entrance to that dungeon (and maybe look at the rare sets).
  2. More Guild Missions - It has been ages since these came out and some are badly in need of TLC.

Challenges could have a challenge mote that could really give a fun fight (Imagine 'Save Our Supplies' with 2x enemies, all veterans + champ, and enemies run faster as timer tics down culminating with them sprinting at you).
Guild Puzzles are great fun and I'm certain there is a desire for neat puzzles and since they're instanced now could be placed anywhere!

Guild Race, Trek, and Bounties are honestly so so but even then that raises the question of making a new take on the original concepts.

And thats it!  Ideas are outta my head now and I'm FREEEEEE.

• Like 1

3 days later, and countless sandstorm runs, I still only got 2 fossilized insects. About 5 overall in all these years. I recently haven't gathered enough geodes to buy keys, in order to open chests... let alone get this item.

Then, I also have to buy all of the recipes to be able to craft the weapons, and finally get the mastery point.

I know this takes time, and takes work ANet, but have you even considered my request?

I even used a +20% Magic Find Pendant, +30% Magic food and +20% Magic Consumable +100% Magic Celebration bonus.

Together with the Magic Find I have accumulated, it's a total of over +300% magic find.

Why is this not working?

Not even for weapons, items, or any other drops of any kind. 

Got a couple of rares, and 2 exotic masks, and a shades.

I'm yet to get my first precursor... along with many who have been playing since launch.

Some people, (One in particular) been playing for mere months on free account, and already got 6... Six!? ... on free account.

Absorv that for a minute.

Read it here and in other forums.

Random as it may be, this isn't fair, I find. 

Not fair at all.

I think it's not too much to ask; for geodes and fossilized insects to drop at a higher rate and quantity.

This item does not affect anybody else's play.

It brings me no advantage whatsoever.

It's only a visual collection... that I have to do for the mastery point.

If possible can you make them drop on WvW chests too please?

There should be a Dry Top WvW chest achievement which contains all the necessary fossilized insects and recipes.

Please consider.

Thanks.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

Please add the option to bind separate hotkeys for the skiff and fishing. Since you usually swich between the two while playing (get on skiff, drive somewhere, fish) it isn't very practical to have to click the tiny mastery skill button, choose a skill, then proceed to press the buttons required to use that skill.

Separate keybinds for mastery skills really seem like a basic necessity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

3 days later, and countless sandstorm runs, I still only got 2 fossilized insects. About 5 overall in all these years. I recently haven't gathered enough geodes to buy keys, in order to open chests... let alone get this item.

Then, I also have to buy all of the recipes to be able to craft the weapons, and finally get the mastery point.

I know this takes time, and takes work ANet, but have you even considered my request?

I even used a +20% Magic Find Pendant, +30% Magic food and +20% Magic Consumable +100% Magic Celebration bonus.

Together with the Magic Find I have accumulated, it's a total of over +300% magic find.

Why is this not working?

Not even for weapons, items, or any other drops of any kind. 

Got a couple of rares, and 2 exotic masks, and a shades.

I'm yet to get my first precursor... along with many who have been playing since launch.

Some people, (One in particular) been playing for mere months on free account, and already got 6... Six!? ... on free account.

Absorv that for a minute.

Read it here and in other forums.

Random as it may be, this isn't fair, I find. 

Not fair at all.

I think it's not too much to ask; for geodes and fossilized insects to drop at a higher rate and quantity.

This item does not affect anybody else's play.

It brings me no advantage whatsoever.

It's only a visual collection... that I have to do for the mastery point.

If possible can you make them drop on WvW chests too please?

There should be a Dry Top WvW chest achievement which contains all the necessary fossilized insects and recipes.

Please consider.

Thanks.

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maguuma_Wastes_Reward_Track

Final Reward:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pristine_Sand-Carved_Cache

Choice of one Ambrite Fossilized Insect

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I started playing guild wars again yesterday,  and I seem to have stumbled into a rather particular problem but maybe not for the reasons most people will ask for this kind of feature to be added. I would like to request the dev team look at being able to move the Minimap to the left side of the screen. While this is a matter of taste for most people for me it isn't. I am missing my right eye due to a very bad accident and am unable to see it at a glance on the right side of the screen I literally have to turn my head losing focus on the center of the screen. Vision is also poor in the left however I don't seem to have the issue in other MMO such as WoW and Swtor because of the ability to move the map just left of center.

Alternatively if anyone is able to suggest a fix or an addon that may help with my unique situation please it would be appreciated.    

Probably been mentioned in 1 of the posts but not going to read through 200+ pages.

Wishlist:

1. Single Item Toolbelt - Place any single utility item in the toolbelt with a keybind to activate. Example will be Silverwaste shovels, Prototype Position Rewinder, Charr Field Homing beacons, etc. Items that you have to constantly open inventory to use.
  2. Customizing Cursor - I'm sure many have suggested this. Change the color/size so it's more visible especially during combat. Also, changing the color of the cursor pings (when using Ctrl key to locate). Yes, there's TacO, Yolomouse, Blish, etc. but you shouldn't need a 3rd party program to do it.
  3. Squad Commander's Options - Markers for lieutenants. Yes, we can use Object markers BUT they have to be within range on the map to place a marker on them. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, they'll just disappear without anyone leaving the map or clearing any markers. Promote them and a simple icon will mark them (such as a number in a circle).
  4. Squad Commander's Options Pt. II - Party grid for squad commander to have a different color such as red and lieutenants to have yellow, with the rest remaining green in color.

Have thought of other enhancements over the years but can't recall them atm.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

When fishing, could skills 6-0 be used to display some fishing icons:

• bait (icon + amount)
  • lure (icon + amount)
  • symbol for day/night/dawn/dusk -  changes based on the map time for fishing
  • fishing power indicator (based on where you cast) -  eg: green/check (you're ok), yellow/line (some difficulty), red/X (too hard)

They wouldn't do anything, other than let you keep track, tidier (don't have hero panel open), and less confusing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been asked many times, but it's worth to try again:

would it be possible to add an option to hide battle effects?

Old contents had relatively few important mechanics, but nowadays we have a lot of telegraphs, shiny armors, legendary weapons, and flashy skill effects that it's very hard to understand what's going on during a fight (especially during a meta). It's very common now to die, without knowing what killed us.

Last year (I think) ArenaNet added the AoE casted by the allies, giving the option to disable them (Disable Area-of-Effect Rings). The problem is that this option disables also the enemy AoEs now (for example in the strike mission against Mai Trin), forcing us to keep on screen even more graphic noise than before, if we don't want to die for some mechanic that we are unable to see.

Being able to see friendly fields is quite useless in big metas, and sometimes they can be even misleading (fire fields can look similar to enemy's AoE, when there are too many players). When there are a lot of players and the fight is hectic, it's better to just focus on avoiding the bad AoEs, rather than trying to get some minor boon. And right now this is very difficult.

Dragon's End

Ley-Line Anomaly

Final Fantasy XIV has an option to reduce or completely hide the battle effects created by us/other players/NPCs, both in PvE and PvP. Can we have something similar? Including for example some tuning to lower down also some particle effect generated by legendary weapons, that often completely cover the enemy.

Battle Effects settings in FFXIV

In alternative, can you rework how the option "Disable Area-of-Effect Rings" work, and disable only allied AoEs, and not important rings? Maybe some of these rings are created by an allied NPC, during a fight, but we currently can't see them with this option enabled.

Daily system suggestions:

- instead of having to complete 3 dailies to get the 2 gold and 10 ap, now you get it as soon as you log in. (this way players have a better incentive to just log in to the game and you'll just use the gold to teleport everywhere doing the dailies anyway)
- now the daily tab will have just the dailies for wvw and pvp, also instead of having random dailies everyday you'll get all wvw and pvp dailies and they'll reward you 1 gold and a potion of wvw pojn ts and pvp points. (both potions in each chest, so players don't feel they are forced to go to either of the game modes without them wanting too)
- literally every map now has their daily tab just like living world story maps, all core, expansion and living world maps will have all dailies, like gather, mine and lumber, event completer, jumping puzzle ( if there's one in the map) and more dailies, like, meta event completionist, world boss killer and dungeon completionist if there's one in the map, also, daily for each strike mission, raid and fractal.
- every pve daily will award 20 silver, 1 ap and other rewards. (living world dailies would also get the normal currency for their map)
- pve, wvw and pvp would all get weekly and monthly missions and the missions would be the same as the dailies, but, for weekly, you would have to do 5 days (less days than 1 week so you don't feel forced to do everything every day) and each type of daily mission would count 1 point for each weekly proggress and each would award 5 gold and 5 ap. Monthly would be the same as weekly but needing 20 days each dayly counting 1 for the monthly progress and it would award 8 gold and 10 ap while world bosse monthly would award also 1 legendary chest with a 10% chance to drop a account boung precursor and a 30% change for a account bound gift. (no potions for pvp and wvw would be awarded for weekly andm onthly missions) (the final legendary resulted from the craft in the mystic forge would be unbound and able to be sold to other players)
-Make SAB a year round event, we can enter it at any time, on any day and have all dailies unlocked to complete with the same mechanic i mentioned earlier, though for SAB there would only be dailies and no weeklies or monthlies. Each daily would award 20 silver and baubles and when all complete another achievement would award 1 gold, 5 ap and some bauble bubbles. Though this event would be closed for the duration of seasonal events like summer, halloween, wintersday, lunar new year and any others. SAB would still have its usual time during April where everyone will get normal rewards for achievements, but the rest of the year only the gold, ap and baubles would be awarded, this way, the usual time for the event is still relevant.

This way, i belive, would make the game more enjoyable and make it less of a grind to get things like commander tag (every meta event there's always squads where commanders have to dc and it has to be disbanded because either no one with tag wants to tag up or those that want to tag up don't have the gold to buy the tag), "i'm rich you know" tittle, mounts, bottomless belcher's bluff kit and other things, while also make less of a need for players to be finding new ways to make gold like the old champions trains and such that were nerfed so much because everyone was grinding them for the gold andn ot doing anything else. Market prices for items and gems would flactuate alot at the biginning but it would stabelize at some point because everything would stay the same, just higher prices for higher income. Maps would also have less competition for the daily event completionist and also stronger players would go to lower level maps to farm the dailies, this way having more players to help new players.

Qol suggestions:

-Make a housing system, so players can build and decorate their own home. A animal, fruit, vegetable and herb farm system would also be welcome, from time to time, players can stop from all the adventuring and exploring, to rest in their own farms while not having to feel like they should be killing everything in their path. 

Trait system suggestions:

-Ability to unlock an elite spec's weapon after completing the full trait line of that spec's weapon for all elite specs and core class of that character to use. (this wouldn't be to op since the weapon would be using the mechanics of the traits that are equiped, for example mesmer using mirage axe wouldn't be able to use axe's ambush skill since mirage wouldn't be equiped)
-Make elite specs be unlockable at level 21 like any other trait line without having to unlock everything else. Players will still only be able to equip 1 elite spec trait, the order that you equip trait lines shouldn't matter since when a player buys the expansions they are hoping to play with the elite specs and not the core class, level 21 is more than enough time for a player to know if they want to use the core class or try an elite spec instead.

Fashion system suggestions:

-Add beard skins for headgear and aquatic headgear.
-Add color channels for weapons, so everyone can make their weapon skins look even more unique to their tastes.
-Add skin parts (helmet, shoulder, gloves, chest, legs and feet) for outfits so players can mix and match outfit parts, making all of the parts able to be turned off so the outfit can have the wardrobe skin show instead. Also make each part effects from weapon, outfit and wardrobe to be possible to turn off, there are many skins that aren't being used because players don't like the sfx effects from them. (I personally would love to be able to turn off for me and other players sfx effects and footfalls from my legendaries)
-Make more skin slots for headgear so players can use more than 1 skin in diferent parts for the head, like, slot for, hat, earrings, mask and glasses. This 4 slots would be purely cosmetic and all on the headgear slot. (For example, using cat ears with reading glasses, bandit mask/beard and earring skins all in the headgear slot) Ofcourse certain skins that cover those slots like full helmets wouldn't be able to equip skins on the other slots. (also players would use transmutation charges for each slot)
-Add a blank outfit which we can change the skin of each piece (chest, legs, feet, hands, shoulders and head) with skins from normal armor (also with the 4 skin channels for headgear mentioned earlier), still using trasmutation charges and each character being able to have different skins applied to its version of the outfit. This way players can use their favorite armor when starting a new character instead of having to change the skin of every new armor piece, bonus anyone would be able to mix and match any kind of armor weight. (racial armor limits would still be applied to this outfit)

Guild wars 2 is famously known as Fashion wars, just own the title and make fashion even better.

Character building suggestion:

-Make sylvari glow have more variations than just the pulsating breathing, atleast make it so the glow can be completely removed or stay always on at max when in dark.
-Add body sliders or more varied body shapes, everyone should be able to make a chunky or slim male/female or male with moobs if they want too.

Combat system suggestions:

-Make so players are able to attack with any weapon's skill 1 auto attack while jumping and falling. Super adevnture box has this mechanic since it was introduced, so just apply it for any weapon and game mod, many players will thank you for it.

Weapon skill rework suggestions:
All classes need a rework on their core weapons, land, water and downed skills. This are the few i could think about.

-Mesmer greatsword skill 1 should become a 3 attack chain, making the first 2 attacks ranged slashes like axe skill 1 for necromancer, while the third attack would summon a clone that would dash to the players target striking and passing throught all enemies and at the max range it would run to attack the main target or attack the last damaged enemie (if at max clones the player just throws a illusionary greatsword that does basically the same as the clone but comes back to the player), making the greatsword a first 2 strikes, melee ranged with no chance of being reflected, and the third a projectile finisher for the thrown part and a leap for the clone.
-Mesmer staff skill 1 should change to a beam like the one greatsword has rightg now, but instead of passing through enemies, it hits your target multiple times just like the skill 1 from druid's staff, and with each damage tick, it refracts in 2 other beams hitting randomly allies or enemies nearby the main target giving the usual conditions and boons.
-Mesmer sword should atleast have skill 2 be mobile for the duration.
-Guardian sword skill 3 should be mobile too, for the duration of the cast.
-Specter and other classes that have skills that don't work underwater, should have it changed to work underwater, specially wells. There are so many wells that already work underwater like core necromancer wells or seals from guardian. Just make wells do a sphere around targeted enemie or if no targed on player, and for specter also shadowstep to enemie or on the players place when there's no target, specter can't do alacrity build underwater until this is changed.
-Make thief's skill 3 of dagger/pistol do shadow step in place like for sword 2 when there's no target, so its viable for healing, specially for specter aoe heal build. (i love the stealth and blinds d/p offers, but with specter it isn't as good for healing as the sword, with this change it won't still be as good but it will be clsoe enough)

Jumping puzzle and mini dungeon system suggestions:

-Unlock mounts and gliders in all jumping puzzles and mini dungeons (everyone uses portals already anyway), players would still get progress for the usual related achievements. Though, now a new achievement is added for each jumping puzzle and mini dungeon, where to finish it, the player has to finish, while not using, mounts, gliders and portals, unless to finish the jp or md, the player needs to specifically use any of those methods. (For exemple Ember Bay, Chalice of Tears jp, needing glider to complete)

Core map completion reward system suggestions:

-Make all core maps reset poi, hp, vistas and hearts, each month (the discovered maps and wp won't be reset), already previously completed hearts karma shops are still accessible like usual, completing everything again grants map completion rewards as normal with chance for the player to get black lion chest keys. If the player completes all core maps before the monthly reset they get the world exploreer gift for legendaries. This is just to further encourage older players to go to low level maps, reexplore and help new players while still getting something out of it that is worth while, also makes so players don't feel they are obligated to make new character to easily receive the gift.

Everyone can agree or disagree with my suggestions, this are only my opinions on what i think would make gw2 even better. If you disagree please write counterpoints. Either way, in the end, only Anet can say if they are going to use them or not.

• Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Noenp.2041 said:

Daily system suggestions:

Might as well give me Eternity for logging in a week straight.

3 minutes ago, Noenp.2041 said:

-Make a housing system, so players can build and decorate their own home. A animal, fruit, vegetable and herb farm system would also be welcome, from time to time, players can stop from all the adventuring and exploring, to rest in their own farms while not having to feel like they should be killing everything in their path. 

Here's one from April 11, one from April 3. Can people stop posting housing threads every week? We get it, you want to play Sim Wars 2.

8 minutes ago, Noenp.2041 said:

Jumping puzzle and mini dungeon system suggestions:

-Unlock mounts and gliders in all jumping puzzles and mini dungeons (everyone uses portals already anyway), players would still get progress for the usual related achievements. Though, now a new achievement is added for each jumping puzzle and mini dungeon, where to finish it, the player has to finish, while not using, mounts, gliders and portals, unless to finish the jp or md, the player needs to specifically use any of those methods. (For exemple Ember Bay, Chalice of Tears jp, needing glider to complete)

What would be "Jumping Puzzle" in them if I can just fly throught it on my Skyscale?

8 minutes ago, Noenp.2041 said:

Core map completion reward system suggestions:

-Make all core maps reset poi, hp, vistas and hearts, each month (the discovered maps and wp won't be reset), already previously completed hearts karma shops are still accessible like usual, completing everything again grants map completion rewards as normal with chance for the player to get black lion chest keys. If the player completes all core maps before the monthly reset they get the world exploreer gift for legendaries. This is just to further encourage older players to go to low level maps, reexplore and help new players while still getting something out of it that is worth while, also makes so players don't feel they are obligated to make new character to easily receive the gift.

Hell no. Repeatable Renown Hearts are trash enough, no need for repeatable maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:34 PM, OnlyL.7314 said:

Please add the option to bind separate hotkeys for the skiff and fishing. Since you usually swich between the two while playing (get on skiff, drive somewhere, fish) it isn't very practical to have to click the tiny mastery skill button, choose a skill, then proceed to press the buttons required to use that skill.

Separate keybinds for mastery skills really seem like a basic necessity.

I'd second that (having another Hotkey option for the personal WP would be neat too).

Also a thing I'd like to see is an option to somehow rotate the skiff, when summoning it. It's rotate speed is pretty low, so spawning it facing the right direction would be really nice to have.

Remember that not everyone can play as you can, just because you can play 1 week straight, most players can't.

All the most famous games have housing and farming system, not just Sims. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not worth it. Jumpsing puzzles, 90% of players already skip them with mesmer/thief portals or with mounts, even with the banning zones, so why not change that and make it even more easy for everyone? Making an achievement for it would make every player have to complete jp's atleast 1 time without mounts or portals. Again, just beacuse you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same, or the mechanics would already been removed. Remember Anet is a company and they need money for keeping the game up, for that they need the biggest number of players, and if they don't make it so everyone likes it, it will just die like everything else. Anet wants to make gw2 go to steam and become one of the top games, but as it is, it will never be the best game ever, so why not make it the more fun for everyone? Everything that i suggested is just a suggestion, its not like what i suggested will be certainly in the game in the next year. But one thing i'm certain, companies go after what gives them money and makes their gamers happy, and if players are wanting, like you said, "sims wars", then just like the revenant, they'll get their "sims wars".

• Confused 3

I would, but everything there just gets put under the rug, and isn't it better for players to voice what they want? I mean, that's what the forums are for. Also soon this will just be merged in that thread anyway. Atleast this way a mod will read and merge or delete this thread while also, maybe, just maybe, speak in the office about this suggestions if they think its worth it.

Edited by Noenp.2041
  • Confused 4