[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

38 minutes ago, The Ghost.3087 said:

I would like to see something that would greatly improve the gameplay with Elementalist. Can we please have the summons respawning when we take off from a mount? We all know how important the Elementalist elementals are since they do keep us alive or take away damage or provide extra damage. So I would greatly like it if we can have them respawn as soon as we take off from the mount or attack with the mount... I keep running into this issue where when I mount with my guy and get with the mount on the other side and even though it hasn't been a minute or two (the time duration per elemental)  they all are gone. 

If you can do that for the Gliding options then you should definitely do that for the mounts and any future movements, not sure if it is happening in the EoD edition too with the boat and all, but yeah... if it does it shouldn't.

The elite Signet's Elementals should be permanent, like Necromancer's minions.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The elite Signet's Elementals should be permanent, like Necromancer's minions.

If that is possible. I do agree that they need to be permanent like the Necromancer's minions especially if other classes have the summons and they are permanent.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The "fashion wars" is something very cool in GW2, the color system is one of the best of the TOP MMO'S but I feel something is missing: games like wow and ffxiv have tabs with predefined looks that make it easier to change the appearance and colors of equipment, I miss something like this here. What do you think?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

You have no idea how much I wish GW2 had this feature. It was in Rift 10 years ago yet GW2 never got it, and you'd think GW2 would be the perfect game for it. Only, they must not monetise it and charge us for extra tabs. Just give everyone 10 tabs that they can swap to per character to auto swap into any outfit and dye combination. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I use gear templates as a workaround for this. It’s not an ideal system compared to how other games have done it (lotro got it spot on), but it’ll do and at least I can keybind them

A proper system of social tabs would have been nice when the wardrobe was added

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

That's creepy.

Watch....

Hey, what'cha wearing?

Just my birthday suit....

You know, the beautifully tailored navy suit with charcoal lining that my wife bought for me last year.

What did you think I meant?

37 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I use gear templates as a workaround for this. It’s not an ideal system compared to how other games have done it (lotro got it spot on), but it’ll do and at least I can keybind them

A proper system of social tabs would have been nice when the wardrobe was added

That's a neat idea, works well if you only use the one stat combination cause at least then you could swap loadouts on the go! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That's a neat idea, works well if you only use the one stat combination cause at least then you could swap loadouts on the go! 

Yeah I only use the one combo per character so it puts the templates to some use at least. Useless if you use the gear templates as intended of course 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

That's creepy.

Watch....

Hey, what'cha wearing?

The way I had it asked to me once is "what outfit is that?" cause they liked the look of it. And I told them it was mix and match, and shared the name of the pieces.

Anywho, yes, it's something I miss a lot that other games I've been into have. If I had to take a guess as to what's holding them back, it's probably because they're still relying on this goofy transmutation system instead of using an overlay, making it difficult to differentiate outfit from equipment as slots in a way that makes sense. So the best we have is using equipment slots, but not only are those extra slots not worth it at all (per character at 600, you might as well buy another character slot instead), they are tied to statted gear, so unless you have full slot legendaries or never ever change your specs, you can't really use it as an appearance tab properly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, narwhalsbend.7059 said:

No, I do not want entire screen filled with dozens of house-sized sparkling particle effect blinding neon rainbow color siege turtles.

People are civil. Maps are not gonna get filled out with mounts for no reason. Source: the turtle is still humongous and people are not flooding maps with it.

22 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Tonics should basically turn the player into whatever they are permanently until the player decides to change back, that includes mounts fighting and everything..

They would then be effectively new races which is what people asked for since release.

Only the embiggening and miniature tonics. It's what the post is about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, narwhalsbend.7059 said:

No, I do not want entire screen filled with dozens of house-sized sparkling particle effect blinding neon rainbow color siege turtles.

people would get tired of doing that after about a month, then you may find one or two occasionally after that.  For example there is often a giant snowball at Minister's waypoint (divinities reach) I think three months ago there were fifteen of them for about an hour.  They were rolling around engulfing other folks changing colors.  One hour in three months doesn't sound that bad.  besides it was a visual spectacle to see so many giant snowballs in one space.

Occasionally someone will turn into a giant snowball and roll over another character while they are idle chatting completely obscuring the chatting person. Ignoring the snowball usually causes them to lose interest. The throne of shadows is also an effective counter, as that chair is taller than the snowball.  Before the throne of shadows people would transform into trees, or get on a mount, which also seemed to ruin the fun for the snowballs.
There are plenty of available counters to transformation harassment. Getting on your own mount and clipping into theirs would probably be enough to drive them away, as skyscale, griffin, or beetle when placed correctly would ruin their aesthetic.  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah I only use the one combo per character so it puts the templates to some use at least. Useless if you use the gear templates as intended of course 

And now no one gets to even see your idea since the thread was essentially destroyed. 

Since devs have indicated they want to reduce the number of currencies, I would like to suggest combining Ascended Shards of Glory and League Tickets into one currency, since they both represent almost the exact same thing (games played in ranked PvP).

You might even get rid of regular Shards of Glory as well, since they are the same thing except tradeable, making them not much different than receiving gold as a reward.

Edited by Silverpoopoo.1476
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

And now no one gets to even see your idea since the thread was essentially destroyed. 

I’m fairly certain they follow this more than the smaller threads since they likely have it bookmarked with notifications. Ideas from here do get into the game, although this idea isn’t new and has been put forward by others over the years - if it was doable, it would likely have been done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we please get any new nice REAL Charr horns in character creation instead of just hat-horns in the gem shop? They disapear if u put on an outfit or go underwater, wich is a huge disapointment.

Preferably with some new of everything in character creation. I've been waiting for years for this! 

• Sad 2