[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Update Enchanted Treasure Chest (object) that can be looted daily in a player's home instance.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Treasure_Chest
It takes around 1000-1500 gold to get the whole collection. No one is making you get it but it is not an excuse to get such trash from it.

Increasing drop chance for the items needed for it would be nice. I talked to some people camping certain boss events you need for the chest for YEARS! They got 1 drop in a year. 1 drop, they did it every day for a whole year! This is disgraceful
Events are old, the item itself is outdated.

TLDR; Increase the drop rate of the collection items needed for it and give the Chest contents a buff. 

Also, why can't other players loot it??? That is the only home instance item that has that kind of an interaction☠️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Yeah! Boops would help to let u know if you turn it off or on without having to look down at the plethora of icons youll have. What about making it heard by nearby players too so they know to mount up?

Precisely. 

That's the idea. 

👍

• Sad 1

Please add more options in which icons we want to see in minimap and the directional GPS.

For instance, if we want to choose to see Hero Points only, or Vistas only; wich could also branch out into seeing directions to vistas that we haven't yet seen only, and ignore those already seen.

That goes for PoI, etc...

That would be really proper useful QoL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Suggestion

When you close a Map or are asking players to move from a Map so YOU can close it, You need to allow up to 2 mins grace on the boat fishing accumulator. I Have been Moved on at least 4 occasions in one day and lost from 60 to 99 accumulated boat fishing points each time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Suggestion - Quality of Life Improvement

[20th July 2022]

Unsure if this has been brought up before but here goes;

1st - Novelty

Please add Mystic Chromatic Ooze into Novelty!

2nd - Research Notes

Please enable the option to salvage Ascended Armors, Ascended Trinkets and ALL Ascended Weapons into Research Notes.

There are some Ascended Weapons that can be salvaged into Research Notes but NOT ALL for some reason (mainly the ascended weapons we obtain from End Of Dragon - more specifically the 'Living Water' ones). As for Ascended Trinkets and Armors we obtain from Fractal's random drops, there doesn't seem to be an option to salvage them into research notes as of yet - please enable this option. Doesn't make much sense that you can salvage 'some' of the weapons and not the rest.

Edited by Stalvros.9217
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Suggestion - Fishing.

Hello, I'm sure all of the fishermen in GW2 had this issue at least once : You are fishing on your boat, your Fishing Party buff is pretty high, and due to lack of players, the map close in 1hour... And because changing map reset the Fishing Party bonus, you end up with a time limited fishing experience.

Thus a simple tweak allowing to conserve that bonus when changing map would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 5

After many years of gameplay, going to the same locations for interaction with Pact Supply agents is a bit boring. I think it would be a good idea to consider some new locations to keep the game fresh. By all means keep the original ones, but add more to keep it fresh. I now some only want to map in, get the supply and map out but I like to do quests, farm and other activities in these areas like when I do dailies and I think it would motivate players back into areas which have very low numbers of players. There could even be a random generated rotation? Just a thought. It would be interesting what other players think.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hope this can get the attention of the one who designed this Sword from the Image.

The heavy armor set of this character on the image is the Heritage Heavy Armor set available for GW1 Players who linked their GW1 account to their GW2 account.

However, I believe the Sword is still non-existent in the game.

Heritage One-Handed Sword

I would like to request to please implement this one-handed sword skin in the future as  a Gem Store item.

Edited by Kingslayer.6397
  • Like 2

Ability to swap grandmaster marks for other grandmaster marks. E.g. tailoring for weaponsmith.

Consume all on Tomes of Knowledge.

Consumption of Tactics/Improvements Packs.

Re-work scribing for guild tactics.

Oh and one more thing...

Gib me Cantha Borderland.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure how to Merge this into the QOL suggestions.

So, the game is getting huge bloat around "Portal Scrolls / Tomes". Other games, that shall remain nameless here, use a menu system, which is like a Universal Portal Tome. Everyplace that would get a scroll in that game - That is needs some sort of Unlock, but you did it and got there, appears automagically in this menu. And then you can go back there. How about we do that in this game. Avoid all that Portal Tome / Scroll bloat and just make a travel menu or Universal Travel Tome - in the menus not an item in the Inventory.

At this point it seems that the tome and scroll bloat is just gonna get worse and worse. Of course items like the Lilly of Elon don't have a tome to live in, so that could just live in this menu too under a tab called "Special Destinations" or something.

Do we really think that the taking of the small amount of magic / gold from the game economy is worth the confusion that Travel Tome/Scroll Bloat is causing? Let's take a lesson from Dungeon Currency Bloat and make a Travel Menu.

😉

Oh. Arbotstone Stone, Spearmarshals plea, Hall of Monuments, Invitation to Dragon Bash, Invitation to this other thing, Exhalted Portal Stone, and on and on and on.

Edited by windyweather.1238
Oh, look what I forgot...
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think kharmin is right.

Even though I agree with OP, I can't see it happening.

I too have all of my shared inventory slots full of travel tomes, because I do a lot of traveling. 

ANet could find a middle ground here, either by making shared inventory slots cheaper, or atleast create several types of traveling devices in different categories. 

One for map destinations, one for special events, etc...

Right now I'm not able to use World Boss Device, because of the obvious lack of shared slots.

• Sad 1

Skiff & fishing wish-list / suggestions for Halloween

Spirits Skiff -

• an ethereal skiff. At night (based on current map) the entire skiff and all party members gain the ghostly aura (similar to Halloween related foods). During the day, the skiff looks normal. At night, it's transparent and ghostly. You can use it too keep track of day/night cycles... also looks cool.

Halloween fishing food/recipes -

• grants fishing power & the ghostly aura. Ingredients are fished from Mad King fishing pools, that are part of a new seasonal fishing achievement.

Pirate Raft Skiff - A life raft for the undead

• a beat-up pirate raft made of rotted wood, with a tattered pirate flag. There are no seats - you stand (push the raft like a gondola). Other items: treasure chest, piles of bones, bottle of booze
  • While on the skiff, all fishing party members are transformed into skeletons (like the tonic) but with fishing animations. The fish you catch is fishbones. The skeleton player driving the skiff wears a pirate hat. Party members have different colored neck scarfs.
  • Alternately, the skeleton appearance only happens at night

A fishing rod made of bones. The lure is a small skull that bobs in the water.

💀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We have commanders, catmanders, and mentors.  Truly, they are lights to lead us in the darkness of a wide and frightening world.  Another simple addition to this family of leadership, and fitting with Cantha's thematics, might be - a fishmander icon <>< !  It's the smallest bit of customization, but more options for commander tags would be nice, honestly.

Also might be particularly great for fishing parties who want to advertise their presence, without actually going out of their way to advertise their presence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hey everyone. 

As it is right now, we can use the Aesthetician NPC to preview our character's appearance and play with all the customization options available for that character's race, but to preview other races we have to either login with a character of the desired race or use the character creation itself. 

I don't know if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find any post about this: my suggestion is that we have an NPC (or something else) - similar to the Aesthetician NPC - where we can plan (i.e. preview) our next characters and choose the race as well as all the customization options.

This would be especially useful for people like me who already have all character slots in use and can't (or don't want to) delete any of them. For example, I'd like to plan a human character, but I don't have any human I can take to the Aesthetician NPC and I can't create one either, since I don't have any slots left. I know I can purchase more slots and I will when I can, but regardless of that I think such a feature would be nice to have. 

Edited by TheLadyOfTheRings.9148
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

We have commanders, catmanders, and mentors.  Truly, they are lights to lead us in the darkness of a wide and frightening world.  Another simple addition to this family of leadership, and fitting with Cantha's thematics, might be - a fishmander icon <>< !  It's the smallest bit of customization, but more options for commander tags would be nice, honestly.

Also might be particularly great for fishing parties who want to advertise their presence, without actually going out of their way to advertise their presence.

I would love a wider range of shapes as well.  Not just fish -- though as I am one effing saltwater fish away from Cod I fully support getting a fish commander tag for achieving Cod Swimming (once the base tag has been purchased) -- but also other simple forms with some connection to in-game activities.  On those occasions when I'm commanding I try to link a nearby map location along with announcing my tag color since there can be multiples of the same hue on the map, but I've noticed it's very helpful if someone with a catmander tag says "X thing happening on pink cat" instead of a more generic "event on my tag."  More shapes, more clarity!

• Thanks 1