[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I have a few little things that might be of interest if its even possible to implement.

1. we have the option for outfits to hide the head part, it would be even nicer if we could choose to let the armor head piece been shown instead with the outfit, currently if we hide the headpiece of the outfit, the armor head piece is hidden too without being able to be shown
  2. Over the years long time players have collected the anniversary expereince scrolls, from the first anniversary lvl 20 scrolls to anniversary lvl 60 scrolls, what if we could combine lets say 2 lvl 20 ones into a 30 one, two lvl 30 into a lvl 40 etc to clear up bank inventory and have better experience level up scrolls
  3. could the economy team and the team responsible look into the refining of elder wood 3 into 1, because the ammount for legendaries is crazy and the 2 to 1 refining would be imo better

I think time gated material / crafting really needs to go away.

At the implementation of ascended materials it made sense that you didn't want anyone walking out of the gate fulls loaded. But its been years now, and it is really frustrating and annoying for seasoned players to have to craft a thing a day when we have acquired all of the mats ahead of time.

I can understand if new materials are introduced with living stories, or new map currencies, that you might time gate for a period of 3 or 6 months, but after that it should just be like anything else.

This one just came to me but the Mystic Forge and it's vast list of completely unknown hidden recipies that you need to either randomly discover on your own or go look online to find.

Is there any way to make the forge function more like a crafting station?Much like a crafting station has different catagories for say.. Bows, Axes, Swords, Rings etc the forge should have a list of catagories each one with it's own list of items and their requirements so you can find out in game exactly what you need to make whatever it is you want to make.Add a search bar to it too and maybe the option to craft using items straight from your bank and storage without first needing to put them in your inventory and I think the Mystic Forge will become significantly less annoying to use.

If the forge functioned this way it would also allow players to browze it's vast list of craftable items and potentially discover a whole bunch of skins and items they likely never knew existed in the game in the first place.. thus giving them something to set goals to work towards.

@Angel.6085 said:I think time gated material / crafting really needs to go away.

At the implementation of ascended materials it made sense that you didn't want anyone walking out of the gate fulls loaded. But its been years now, and it is really frustrating and annoying for seasoned players to have to craft a thing a day when we have acquired all of the mats ahead of time.

I can understand if new materials are introduced with living stories, or new map currencies, that you might time gate for a period of 3 or 6 months, but after that it should just be like anything else.

100% agree with this.. been saying the same thing myself both in game and out recently.

@Teratus.2859 said:This one just came to me but the Mystic Forge and it's vast list of completely unknown hidden recipies that you need to either randomly discover on your own or go look online to find.

Is there any way to make the forge function more like a crafting station?Much like a crafting station has different catagories for say.. Bows, Axes, Swords, Rings etc the forge should have a list of catagories each one with it's own list of items and their requirements so you can find out in game exactly what you need to make whatever it is you want to make.Add a search bar to it too and maybe the option to craft using items straight from your bank and storage without first needing to put them in your inventory and I think the Mystic Forge will become significantly less annoying to use.

If the forge functioned this way it would also allow players to browze it's vast list of craftable items and potentially discover a whole bunch of skins and items they likely never knew existed in the game in the first place.. thus giving them something to set goals to work towards.

This would be a huge QOL feature. It has been suggested several times on this thread alone, at least once by me.Hopefully, the more that people suggest this, the faster it will be implemented.

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:This one just came to me but the Mystic Forge and it's vast list of completely unknown hidden recipies that you need to either randomly discover on your own or go look online to find.

This would be a huge QOL feature. It has been suggested several times on this thread alone, at least once by me.Hopefully, the more that people suggest this, the faster it will be implemented.

Ahh and I thought I came up with something original lolOh well.. if others have asked for the same thing then even better I guess.

Only reason I posted this one was because I only just learned that you can make Amalgamated Gemstones in the forge.. I had absolutely no idea they were craftable because there is nothing in the game that informs you that they are XD

Lucrative farming metas that help new players. -The istani farm ran way past it's expiry date. Yet there are some people still asking "where do I go to farm fast". Every new living story map should have a $$$ rated farm for exactly 2 weeks (2 months for maps in expansions). This is incentive for the masters to hang around and help the rest of us farm AND learn.-After 2 weeks (months) , the latest content should drop to $$ loot level until the next "equivalent" release of content. This will keep all the people happy that are just playing to fill time till the new content arrives.-After the next equivalent content is released the loot level drops to $ and the map(s) enter a daily cue where once per cycle, the loot level returns to $$$ for 24 hours... like lvl 10+ quests in pre-Searing.

I don't design games so my numbers may need fiddling with but the important thing is that you give structure to the existence of loot farms. There should only ever be one $$$ farm running, except in the case of expansions where each map should run @ $$$ simultaneously. This will help people plan their looting and ensure that no map gets forgotten. I see so many new players that need help with old content that are discouraged from playing because they are bored of the new stuff and don't know what to do on the old maps.

GW2 core maps below lvl 80 don't really need help but I personally have a pet peeve having tier 2 & 3 leather and cloth be more expensive than tier 5 & 6 so putting a 10x multiplier on materials on those maps for a day every 50+ days could put more tier 1-4's in circulation.

Given how long the Istan meta chest farm went on, if that was equivalent to $$$ loot then this shouldn't effect the economy at all. people that play for the content will be happy with the $$ level of loot and the hard core looters will have lots of variety in maps.

Can you please change the Fractal LFG sections to be less restrictive in terms of which sections we can look at and sign up for?

It's EXTREMELY hard to make progress from T3 to T4 (maybe also T2 to T3, but I haven't done it recently), due to the fact that there's no incentive for someone at Fractal Level (FL) 76+ to ever really run anything lower, due to the increased rewards (especially for dailies), and when dailies come up for T3, often times most of them will be lower than your current FL, therefore not progressing it (if you can even complete it, but it's often fairly hard to pub them successfully because people aren't often playing support, which is somewhat needed by T3). So it's just really hard to make any progress towards increasing your FL to the point that you can open up the T4 panel. Which again, is where most skilled and people interested in the dailies will actually be playing.

I think the best option would be to open up the T4 section based on either FL or AR. Either FL 70+ or AR 110+ (or both). And perhaps make a similar change to T2 and T3 access as well.

I know part of this could be solved by more people actually playing support in lower tiers. But I'm not sure that you'll be able to make people change their behavior like that in the first place. But I firmly do believe that the system as it stands is reducing the total amount of players interested in Fractals. I don't know if there'd be a large influx of moderately incompetent people playing the T4 section, but I don't think a larger population would be a bad thing overall. And personally, if I can't get access to the best ratio of rewards for something I'm doing, I will just get so frustrated by it that I'll completely ignore the system. Currently the only ones I can reliably complete are T1 or T2, and when that's 1/4 to 1/2 of the rewards of T4 for what I can only assume to be a proportionally small amount of time increase to complete them, I'm completely disenchanted by the entire prospect when I'm restricted for such an arbitrary reason of FL.

I think there may be a more fundamental, root issue in the design of the Fractal Tiering system (and daily reward potenties, etc.) that really exacerbate the situation, but I do think this would be a pretty simple solution to fix at least to a decent extent. It may be better to reduce the increase of rewards from T3 to T4 (cut the T4 dailies to a smaller reward, maybe of just a flat drop of Fractal Relics or something). Notable, but not required. And then also have the end chest have a bit more reward, but nothing super dramatic. This might allow some of the more casual dailiers who have FL 76+ not mind doing T3's. I think one of the issues currently is also that T4 players, who are more experienced, aren't around the lower tier players much to pass on the knowledge. So the lower tier players are stuck trying to ascend without any help, and those above have no incentive to actually help them.

IMO, T3 should be a more casual, but still high-end version of T4. I think it should just as relevant for people to actively play as T4 is, but T4 should be for more skilled players who really know the Fractals and can do them and use their classes well to address the challenges. I think ideally, T3 should end up taking about the same amount of time as T4, but the time that T4 can make up in skill and builds to get through challenges quickly should be about the amount of time being lost by T3's more casual play-style and lack of perfected and synergistic builds. So do reward T4 with some stuff, but not so much that it feels necessary or like a waste of time if you don't do it compared to T3; and if you do approach it like this, do make sure that it's clear that T4 is meant for players who are serious about their builds and effectiveness.

And do forgive me if I'm somewhat ignorant to the actual mechanics present in T4. I simply don't know them because I have never been able to progress into it. If it were too hard for moderately-casual-old-me to do at all, then so be it. I may not. But even if that's the case, I would want T3 to at least have a moderately vibrant community so that I don't feel horrible being relegated to the comparatively miniscule rewards of T1-2 if I want to play Fractals at all (in consistently successful groups).

Hello,

Suggestion i have (probably has been submitted before) is the ability to paste a waypoint while in "M" (map), and map will automatically travel to it. This will make it easy for players who are grabbing a waypoint from an external site to go there without having to paste the waypoint code in chatbox first.

1. Copy waypoint code from a website
  2. Open Map
  3. ctrl + v
  4. map auto zooms to the waypoint

What about saved dye combos per character or over the entire account, just in case you want to return to an old combo or something?

A version of the game you can play offline with your guild/family/friends.

Add a Favorites option to the Trading Post and The Gem Store so you can remember stuff you like.

Dyeable back items.

Items in Safe or Invisible bags and boxes should now show up when using the Mystic Forge.

Quaggan glider, chair, weapons, kite.

Increasing the gold amount that can be stored in guild banks. Perhaps 5000, or 10000 gold? 500g withdrawals at a time are sorta fine. but i'm looking at it more for Guild activities QOL. like managing and purchasing stuff to raffle and events (ie: precursors/legendaries, etc).

Hope I won't be repeating something asked multiple times before :) As it's seems rather obvious request to me, as an elementalist player (though I'm sure at least some other professions face similar difficulties).

It would be very helpful to be able to evaluate cooldown states of all weapon skills on the rest of the currently inactive panels with one quick glance.

As an elementalist, I constantly switch attunements. And in the heat of battle it becomes rather difficult to keep all cooldowns on 4 weapon skill panels in mind, while dodging fireballs :) For those who don't play elementalist - you most likely have some buttons like that anyway for your profession, which are shortcuted to keyboard keys F1-F4, so you should know what I'm talking about now. Or you have weapon swap feature, thus you always have at least one inactive hidden skill panel with its own cooldowns.

Hence, the suggestion (and I tossed in some monetizing and money sinks ideas as well, to make it more interesting for Anet ;) ):

1. Add a very thin strap surrounding each of the current attunements' pictograms on the panel at the bottom of the screen; it will be split into 5 segments each of which can light up with 4 different colors independently; for professions which rely on weapon swap feature, this strap appears around the UI button for swapping weapons too; due to how it's implemented (thin strap), it won't make the UI more cluttered
  2. Each of mentioned segments is mapped to skill slots 1 to 5; when it's green, that means the corresponding skill on that skill panel is ready to be used; if it's orange, that means less than 5 seconds is left till cooldown will end; red - 5 to 10 seconds left; black - more than 10 seconds
  3. The ability to see those color indications is not active by default; to start seeing it you need to buy a special kind of food for ingame currency, available from many merchants throughout the world (money sink); that basic food, if consumed, will allow you to see those indications for 30 minutes (no stacking); to justify it lore-wise: can be some kind of a drug which fires up your character's perception/memory etc
  4. Players who specialize in cooking will be able to develop more advanced types of this food/drug - still using the base one bought from merchants as one of the ingredients (maintaining the money sink); those will have prolonged duration, up to 2-3 hours (the longer the higher is the price)
  5. A gem-store item will be added which can be applied per character and make this effect permanent for them (a state-of-the-art implant, which will be auto-injecting the drug for you :) )

In before: no, it's not promoting pay to win, as simple food variants (ones that enable this effect for 30-60 minutes) will be affordable for anybody and bought with in-game currency, and more advanced food with 2-3 hours duration will be easily affordable for high-level characters as well. Buying gem-store item thus will just be a QoL acquisition.

I think it would be a huge QOL boon to allow map/dungeon/fractal specific currencies to be traded to other player or guild banks like with gold.We already have the Tyrian Exchange Voucher that allows players to collect those currencies without playing through the specific map so I don't think this is setting any bad precedents.

I am sitting on a huge number of Bandit Crests that I do not need as I have everything from Silverwastes (except shovels) that can provide any use for my account. I have guild mates that need Bandit Crests for their goals. I feel that it is silly that I cannot send those to the other player, but I can send 500 gold.

I propose a function kind of like the wallet that can be joined to guild bank vaults and the the mail interface that will allow you to select a type of currency and then an amount to send or deposit. The Tyrian Exchange Voucher would even be a good list of currencies to test this out with.

Keg Brawl, being a very funny and invigorating activity, is time-gated and hard to access even for those who know and care about it. For those who don't know, it's hard to discover, as it's only accessible from a certain spot of the certain city, at certain days.

1. Activity-related NPCs should be present in every racial capital, not just Lion's Arch, and not just at one spot, but at a few in different points which attract players (still sending all players to a single global pool); ideally, there should be separate NPCs for each kind of the mini-game, and each of them should be available any time
  2. A gem-store item could be added, allowing to summon such NPC anywhere on the map beyond city walls (similar to how BL agent NPCs are summoned), allowing those who wish to spend some money to attract more players to some activity to do so; also, such NPCs could be randomly positioned at different smaller towns and villages by the system, attracting more players who normally spend most of their time outside of cities
  3. A new consumable should be added, bought with regular cash (gold), which would allow anybody to generate their own private Keg Brawl instance for a limited amount of time, only accessible by a set number of members of their party, allowing them to organize private Keg Brawl games with their friends and guildies, and serving as an additional money sink at the same time.

Doing any personal story mission as a possible and regular PVE daily option, so advancing the story doesn't fall behind doing daily routine for players with a limited playing time, and to have more people being available for achievements and checking LFG for them on a daily basis.

@"hugo.4705" said:I have no idea if it's possible or not... An item that summon an evil version of yourself choosing permit all your toons. As a toy? Can be funny to see several dopplehanger all around. But surely need a limitation like 10 max in the same area.

Could be quite useful for build testing purposes for PvP, for example, if it would be optionally AI-controlled as well. For example, to summon it in your home instance and check how well your build holds up against different attacks. With possibility to set different behaviour patterns from "stay still" to "dodge around constantly, casting specific defensive spells" to "come at me with all you've got". Could be a gem-store item.