[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Please consider to add seperate section in Equipment Templates for WvW gear, just like you did for PvP.Six Equipment Templates simply not enough for Mutli-Role professions like Ranger or Elementalist, specially for players who plays PvE and WvW content at same time.Just like PvP section in Equipment Templates, WvW section will be activating in WvW, while PvE section will be activating in Open World\PvE.WvW section will have their own gear storage.

While playing as mutli-role character in PvE and WvW, considering Rune\Sigil variation, Weapon variations, Gear Stat variation, there are just not enough Templates, and we have to sacrifice Equipment Templates for WvW, while losing possible gear variation that can be usefull in PvE.

Not sure if this is the right place, i'm quite new to the game however, as this year they have introduced the possibility to update our Holographic weapon to the imbued version, what about adding this option to the Dragon Bash vendor in LA?Other festival vendors have this option and I was farming the Zhaitaffy candies when I suddenly realised that I can't now upgrade my Holographic weapons and wait until next year...

@"denni.7206" said:Not sure if this is the right place, i'm quite new to the game however, as this year they have introduced the possibility to update our Holographic weapon to the imbued version, what about adding this option to the Dragon Bash vendor in LA?Other festival vendors have this option and I was farming the Zhaitaffy candies when I suddenly realised that I can't now upgrade my Holographic weapons and wait until next year...

Yes, please... folks can open their Dragon Bash Victory Coffers year-round so let us access the second set too.(Plus the skritt in the undermarket are frustrated, those weapons were very shiny... "no fair, no fair! where's the shiny hit-stuffs?!")

@Dheeraj.2481 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:This has been an issue from release date. I find it insane they have yet to add options such as

Reduce visual effects from othersRemove visual effects from othersOnly show visual effects from party

There is actually an option to reduce the number of rendered players. You only see the name and the circle where they are supposed to be. This also significantly boosts frame rate

it doesn't actually reduce the visuals from skills though, you still see fireballs, arrows, and traps appearing out of thin air, reducing that will further give better frame rate

however, there's a drawback from having reduce Model Limits, it's reducing Model Limits for both players , npc and monsters, it can be super annoying because it seems having trouble prioritising the model rendering even on target, making you unable to see the move animations the monster is making to ditch out some skills you need to dodge

This issue is a long standing annoying one for sure.

I'd say it's equally on par with the annoyance of trying to use specific combos.On my main Ranger I run an Electric Wyvern so I can take advantage of it's electric field for leap finisher combos which grant me a bonus Daze.. really useful for CC bars in PvE when im solo fighting champs etc.Whenever there are groups of people around though this becomes next to kitten impossible to pull off because of all the Aoe spam and combo fields that are stacked on the same location.I go for a Daze to knock off that last bit of CC and someone's popped a Smokescale F2 and I get stealthed instead..Likewise I try to go for a blast heal in a water field and A Necro has popped Nightfall and my blast heal gets screwed into a AoE Blind..

This is something else I really wish Anet would give us some QOL improvements for as well.It's severely annoying and impractical trying to take advantage of combo's in any kind of spamfest.

@Teratus.2859 said:This issue is a long standing annoying one for sure.

I'd say it's equally on par with the annoyance of trying to use specific combos.On my main Ranger I run an Electric Wyvern so I can take advantage of it's electric field for leap finisher combos which grant me a bonus Daze.. really useful for CC bars in PvE when im solo fighting champs etc.Whenever there are groups of people around though this becomes next to kitten impossible to pull off because of all the Aoe spam and combo fields that are stacked on the same location.I go for a Daze to knock off that last bit of CC and someone's popped a Smokescale F2 and I get stealthed instead..Likewise I try to go for a blast heal in a water field and A Necro has popped Nightfall and my blast heal gets screwed into a AoE Blind..

This is something else I really wish Anet would give us some QOL improvements for as well.It's severely annoying and impractical trying to take advantage of combo's in any kind of spamfest.

maybe that's one of the reasons why in the latest balance a lot of the combos had been removed from traits

what distinguishes a good player from an average player is their ability to intentionally execute combos

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:This issue is a long standing annoying one for sure.

maybe that's one of the reasons why in the latest balance a lot of the combos had been removed from traits

what distinguishes a good player from an average player is their ability to intentionally execute combos

In small group content like fractals and raids sure.

Against bounties, world bosses, in WvW squads etc with huge numbers of players.. there's no possible way you can intentionally execute combos effectively 100% of the time.There's simply far too much AoE spam.

How about letting people ,that havent moved for 5min, automatically switch to "Away" ,like it can be done manually in the friends menu atm.And undo when movement input.

+remove the notification if a friend is Away or Online, just only notify when going online/offline at all

I'm asking you two big features that have been removed from the game, will explain why:1-Showing order joined by character on character selection screen.2-The personality system in hero panel

Reasons for 1: It is just not fun for me to pass from a character to another 8 times to see which one has which order joined, if he haven't joined one yet or joined one. I need to check for several things: Order weaponsmith/armorsmith only selling if you are from their order.... Npcs with hidden dialogue requiring a specific order..... Joining the HQ of a certain order..... Whereas if bringing it back, and I don't lost time and get angry seeking for the good character.

Reasons for 2: I get you can't add 1 million gizmo to help me to rp, and of course you will not add 1 million tonics or npc summoning runes. At this point, I'm very sad and think housing will never come. So I only ask you to bring back the personality system. If nothing is done to make me join an evil faction, to roleplay as them or even having easy access to cool places to RP. I ask you to at least bring back that system to allow my character to be classed by the game as "Brute" or "Unpredictable". And still don't understand that many good features that were here at launch got removed: personality, nerfing quests, removing turret overcharge and nerfing them, abandoning polymock...

• Like 1

I would like to see more consistency and clarity in the wording of traits.

Today I noticed that engi has traits that refer to both "damage" (Modified Ammunition) and "strike damage" (Impact Savant) to refer to power damage. Other classes have traits (like Ferocious Aggression) that give bonuses to both "damage" (meaning power damage) and "condition damage"

Since we have the different language now, could we have "strike damage" used to refer to power damage, "condition damage" for condition damage, and "damage" could be consolidated to refer to both. Specifically for traits, but also for anywhere else this wording can be used.

I dunno if this has been requested before, but if it could be possible to rewrite the Recommended Fractals with the Tier and Fractal Name instead of the Fractal Number.We have Daily Tier 1-4 + Name, but we only have Recommended + Fractal Number.Suggestion having the Recommended:example: "Daily Recommended - Tier 2 Solid Ocean"It would help players quickly check if they need to do the content, fast, instead of having to waypoint in the fractals entrance or check the wiki. This would also tie with the rest of the Daily Fractal Panel Format.

Small QoL suggestion ( i do seperate thread since it will take big post to describe it ) for alternative ways of activating Guild Enhancement provided by Nathan the Bartender.As a player who plays WvW and PvE i have character suitable for both modes. I have no other choice but to manually visit Guild Hall and change Guild Enhancement, and this is most annoying thing i face in GW2 ( Magic Find, useless in WvW, aswell as WvW Exp is useless in PvE ).

Alternate way #1Portable Guild vendor, similar to WvW Portable Provisioner. This portable gizmo can be put in Shared slot and will provide vendor choice of Guild Enhancements of currently represented guild.

In other words it will be portable Nathan the Bartender =)Gizmo can be sold by Guild vendors with cost of Guild Commendations.

Alternate way #2Automatic activation of Guild Enhancements depending on currently active Enrichment Infusion.More complicated way, rather than portable vendor. This can be the whole new Central Tyria Mastery tier with it's own checkbox in general options.Each Enrichment infusion has it's mirror in form of Guild Enhancement.Karmic Enrichment Infusions - Guild Enhancement: KarmaWvW Reward Track Enrichment - Guild Enhancement: World Reward TracksMagical Enrichment Infusions - Guild Enhancement: Magic FindEtc...Enrichment Infusions will automatically activate respective Guild Enhancement of currently respresented Guild, only current guild's level of Guild Enhancement will be activated. If respective Guild Enhancement is not yet present in Guild, automatic activation will not happen and previous Guild Enhancement will stay active.

Situations in which automatic activation\change will happen:Change of Enrichment infusions in current Amulet.Re-equipment of Amulet containing different Enrichment infusion in current Equipment Template.Change of Guild Respresent ( depening on existing level of Guild Enhancement ).Change of Equipment Template.

Alternate way #3Instead of locking automatic activation of Guild Enhancement under Enrichment Infusions, Amulets could have 2nd Infusion slot for brand new Guild Enhancement Infuions, sold by Nathan the Bartender for Guild Commendations. New Guild Enhancement Infuions will do same as described in way #2 but without involvement of Enrichment Infusions.

Players wihout Guild Enhancement Infuions or Enrichment infusions will be able to visit Nathan the Bartender for buff.

P.s. i do not hope to see any of that in next patch, but i hope developers will consider it. it is so annoying to run back and forth into guild hall to change those Guild Enhancements.

Mystic Forge issue - stop moving the newly-created item to the bottom of the inventory window. It doesn't move in the real inventory when there's already a stack there, and is nothing but a pointless annoyance when doing bulk conversions.

And while we're on the subject, make it possible to do bulk conversions without having to click the 4 items (one of which has just been pointlessly bumped to the bottom of the window) each and every time.

it would be nice if we could change the colour and shape of the crosshair when going into Action Camera / Action Combat mode.

the Default White-Dot Red/Green/Orange/Black/White :: Dot/Cross/Box/Angle/Circle-Outline-Nofill

can also make it dynamic and make it pulse subtly when you successfully hit an enemy/object (can disable too)