[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas

1 hour ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

there are certain minis which are simply recolors of other minis... I don't think this would work with how the game goes.

I wasn't aware this was your opportunity to inject your opinion on what we wanted to see.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be able to save dye configurations.

Remove the 'confused' and 'sad' post reactions from the forums. Certain posters abuse it. Thank you.   Edit: Case in point. Nothing like an attention-starved troll, put on ignore, following

We are forced to chose between 3 flawed indicators at the moment.   The first requiring 2 button presses to cast. The second being cast on key up instead of on button press. The bonus o

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

I wasn't aware this was your opportunity to inject your opinion on what we wanted to see.

Apologies.   It wouldn't be a bad idea, if they could make it work, altho some minis would be kind of redundant for collections afterwards. But since dyes have more varieties it would be pretty cool to be able to have matching minis.  Because there are minis which are simply recolors of other minis yet part of a collection of minis, how would you  prefer them to implement this with dyeing the minis?  Would it simply be 'let's just let it be redundant' and leave it at that?  Would you suggest the eyes or something not change?   I think it may be a pertinent question to answer if one wants anet to implement it. 

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

Suggestion: I don't know if I am in a right trend but here's my suggestion.. First if there is a way to hide the effects of some legendary trinkets like the option in hiding the weapon, headgear or backpiece that will be awesome coz some effects for some players is not appealing for their style. Second is that hope there is a option to choose which elemental effect the player want to use in their legendary weapons for example The Predator it gives a fiery effect and the player doesn't want fire effect on it, he/she may choose either lighting or water etc. according to his/her likes.

When the Options Window is open there is a drop shadow to the right that extends about the same distance as the width of the Options Window.  This 'shadow' appears as a smudge of grey.

None of the other menu windows appear to have a drop shadow this extreme.

This has actually caught me off guard when testing visual config with a new monitor and video card recently.  I didn't recognize the shadow as something attached to the Options window until I moved the Options window (I was testing with the window static on the left side of the screen).

A small convenience to clean up this window.  It will allow users to float the Options Menu on the left side of the screen without visual interference from the drop shadow.  Relevant when testing visual settings.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:50 AM, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

Pvp has the standard player model for both enemy and your team as options, could be nice if they figured out a way to do this in pve. You can lower character model quality to lowest which reduces range of any players to a very small area around you that will show anything flashy, but not exactly what your describing. I do agree we need more options in general to customize our experience not only for personal preference on these matters, but also depending on our computer/internet set up, more options would be very helpful to reduce stress on our cpu's and data speeds to help with lag, visual clutter, etc. 

Let us use any Ascended Armor piece as a precursor to make a Legendary Armor piece, not just those we can get by doing Envoy Armor achievements. The Legendary Armor

obtained this way would not have any unique skin, but only the functionality of a Legendary Armor.

Targeting improvement

Problem:

Currently targeting with mouse makes people struggle with:

- Avoiding "griefing" (players put aviators/portals/box of fun/other things inside chests/other objects hitboxes)

- Targeting an enemy (for example - during Gorseval fight try to pick Spirit instead of ball/Gorseval)

- You can interact with only one banner, if someone put them in the same place

- Salvage piles in Drizzlewood Coast can't be gathered when they spawned near the gates/upgradable buildings 

- Etc.

Possible solutions:

- If player clicks twice, thrice, and so on the same pixel (with 2-3 pixels threshold), then next possible target should be chosen in a loop.

- Special solution for banners - interaction with every "gathered" banner should be locked for 3 seconds (for example) as it works for ascended food, this way you'll be able to use "F" button to get all boons even if 3 banners were put in the same place.

• Like 2

Yes I have the above problem and tend to mis click targets. In some situation mis clicking on an ally can even cause unneccessary offence. How about alternate colour mouse cursor or click to show cursor like what windows is doing? Rather spend time fighting monster then finding where the cursor is

• Like 2
On 5/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd like this too. I don't have the time or inclination to read those numbers so the only way they're useful to me is if they're all zeroes; then I know something is going wrong. If it's anything above zero then the actual number is just visual noise, so it would be helpful to make them smaller (or hide them entirely) 

Exactly. 0s or "miss" or "invulnerable" or "interrupt" or "blocked" are good, but the damage numbers are useless and should be possible to disable.

• Like 1

Hello there,

I have multiple builds for my characters that make use of the equipment templates. Each build I make has a different fashion set up to distinguish its use. But, with that being said, I don't see the option to have different mount templates for the various equipment templates I have loaded onto any single character

I was wondering if its possible to implement a mount template to tie to the equipment templates so that you can have different sets of mounts, gliders, finishers, etc for different equipment load outs that a single character can use. I'd very much like to use the various mount skins that I have purchased in the past for different armor sets.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

That's unfortunate.

I just thought it would be nice to utilize the various mount skins and gliders collected to suit different sets. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement, since it can take the existing equipment templates and just make the mount skins section follow the same settings.

Edited by Sykotic.6230
Word
Posted (edited)

Having thematically reskinned gear based on the build you play is ok. Having mounts matching your eq theme also feels ok.

Based on my extensive analysis, I think this idea is ok.

...that said, first make sure that lege armory allows us to reskin/recolor legendary gear based on the equipment template. If that's not a thing, then mounts don't matter.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Please lower PvP Rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Hero's Armors from 100 to 50. There are players who play PvP just to unlock skins or get Legendary Armor. After all, WvW Rank requirement were lowered from 2000 to 500 for Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Armors

PvP Rank 50 is hard enough as it is, level 100 is horror.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Confused 2

If they made an appearance template for all things cosmetic that we could swap between appearances with, that would be great. Some builds have players use the same gear or people use legendaries that can only store one appearance. Mounts and gliders share the same problem of not swapping between builds, but endgame gear doesn't promote appearance swapping anyways.

• Thanks 2
Posted (edited)

Please remove invisible walls in the middle of the map (not the edge) of central Tyria, unless it's necessary to prevent the client from crashing.  Preferably the ones that have nothing to do with jumping puzzles.   Warnings and dismount around Jumping Puzzles is fine by me, as long as it isn't a flying instadeath (and with the current implementation it is not.)   The amount of invisible walls in the middle of the map are intrusive when playing the game/getting objectives on skyscale. 

Additionally, if invisible walls were placed on the map edges (so there is some mountain you can step on on the edge, and then it becomes an invisible wall around the borders of the map/before things get odd) versus before the mountains at all, they would be less intrusive.

Personally, I would prefer seeing unfinished terrain and so on, than slamming constantly into walls or coming across them while doing map completion or flying to story on Skyscale.  On certain maps they unexpectedly are just in the way constantly.  There are no visual cues for the invisible walls, the Fionnghuala Scratch's one in Lornar's Pass is particularly unexpected- I figured I could step on it to keep height and bam, glass.   It's a really frustrating and annoying experience for me as a player.  I should be able to fly from point A to point B without being constantly un-immersed.  (And skyscales are a wonderful part of the game.)  At least if it's unfinished terrain/terrain I can fly thru it's unexpectedly funny, not frustrating and I eventually generally something I can step on, also I would have visual cues to avoid colliding into something unexpected or getting stuck.  I could even probably convince myself if it's see thru scenery that it's a mesmer illusion or something. 😛  I ran into this issue in Lornar's Pass in recent memory, but it's a problem with many maps.  I would like to be able to do game content on skyscale without being unimmersed constantly/have a -mostly- similar experience to the other modes of transport- basically enjoy the game, very little/intrusive bugs or frustration causes (and if there are, maybe a delightful unexpected secret or something, if there's a buggy spot). 

I do love flying my skyscale in central tyria, so please let us keep doing that.

-edited for clarity-

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Posted (edited)

Bonfire boost renewal

At this time, it's not possible to renew a boost at a bonfire before the effect expires. A message is shown: "You already have this boost."

It would be great if you could remove this error and instead renew the effect timer. This change would bring bonfires more in line with feasts and banners.

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 5
22 hours ago, Sykotic.6230 said:

Hello there,

I have multiple builds for my characters that make use of the equipment templates. Each build I make has a different fashion set up to distinguish its use. But, with that being said, I don't see the option to have different mount templates for the various equipment templates I have loaded onto any single character

I was wondering if its possible to implement a mount template to tie to the equipment templates so that you can have different sets of mounts, gliders, finishers, etc for different equipment load outs that a single character can use. I'd very much like to use the various mount skins that I have purchased in the past for different armor sets.

What do you guys think?

oooo, this would be awesome!

QoL: Increase guild hall decoration placement distance/allow underwater placement.

As simple as it sounds, the current range of 12, 000 distance isn't enough for certain ways to Place decorations. An alternative is the ability to place decorations underwater without increasing distance.

My hope for a dragon hologram generator underneath the guild hall map doesn't work when it constantly clips into the surface ground. There is plenty of space to swim down further into, it's just the placement distance which is limiting it. That and the inability to place decorations underwater.

Please and thank you - we'd really appreciate it!

• Like 1
  • zealex.9410 changed the title to A qol update i want to see for legendary equipment and runes/sigils.