[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 5/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, Dami.5046 said:

a blow kiss emote.

while this would be cute, i have 0 faith in humanity, even gw2 players, who i've found tend to be generally all right, to not misuse this in an unpleasant manner >_<

On 5/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, Gimli.9461 said:

- player housing!

- fishing

- body paint - like Norn have, for all races; you are able to change color and the look of body paint by bringing dyes of that color + hefty sum of gold or materials to a tatoo artist in a major city 🙂 Some Charr in Drizzlewood and later updates have such great paint on them, love it

- ability to TP to a waypoint anywhere for free, if you are within range (eg 150 meters) of another uncontested waypoint

- library to store all my books in - maybe as part of player housing?

all of this would be indeed awesome.

in the meantime while waiting for them to add it, while it is pricey you can make your own personal guild hall and house there (decorating the personal one/small one i share with friends has scratched this itch for me).

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

alliances lol

fr though, I'd love to see vehicles in WvW. The game can implement vehicle handling mechanics as it's implemented mounts. Being able to drive around steam tanks or rams, new mechanics for golems and dunerollers, and move around catapults and other siege equipment, would be great.
I think GW2 still has some of the best large-scale PvP sets of mechanics and it's a testament to the quality of those mechanics that people still engage with WvW so much. If it got a big injection of love with EoD it could pop off really well.

A blowkiss emote would also be fun. There's also no /flex emote!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 2:57 PM, BlueJin.4127 said:

Remove the flashing lights from Holosmith skills. I can't play Holosmith at all because it hurts my eyes from all those flashing lights. Some of us have sensitive eyes and experience pain and discomfort from flashing lights, Anet.

if this was implemented, i'd rather they simply add the option to turn off player visual effects, other player visual effects, everyone visual effects and so on as an accessibility feature, as another comment suggested.

11 minutes ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

I wasn't aware this was your opportunity to inject your opinion on what we wanted to see.

Apologies.   It wouldn't be a bad idea, if they could make it work, altho some minis would be kind of redundant for collections afterwards. But since dyes have more varieties it would be pretty cool to be able to have matching minis.  Because there are minis which are simply recolors of other minis yet part of a collection of minis, how would you  prefer them to implement this with dyeing the minis?  Would it simply be 'let's just let it be redundant' and leave it at that?  Would you suggest the eyes or something not change?   I think it may be a pertinent question to answer if one wants anet to implement it. 

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

Suggestion: I don't know if I am in a right trend but here's my suggestion.. First if there is a way to hide the effects of some legendary trinkets like the option in hiding the weapon, headgear or backpiece that will be awesome coz some effects for some players is not appealing for their style. Second is that hope there is a option to choose which elemental effect the player want to use in their legendary weapons for example The Predator it gives a fiery effect and the player doesn't want fire effect on it, he/she may choose either lighting or water etc. according to his/her likes.

When the Options Window is open there is a drop shadow to the right that extends about the same distance as the width of the Options Window.  This 'shadow' appears as a smudge of grey.

None of the other menu windows appear to have a drop shadow this extreme.

This has actually caught me off guard when testing visual config with a new monitor and video card recently.  I didn't recognize the shadow as something attached to the Options window until I moved the Options window (I was testing with the window static on the left side of the screen).

A small convenience to clean up this window.  It will allow users to float the Options Menu on the left side of the screen without visual interference from the drop shadow.  Relevant when testing visual settings.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:50 AM, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

Pvp has the standard player model for both enemy and your team as options, could be nice if they figured out a way to do this in pve. You can lower character model quality to lowest which reduces range of any players to a very small area around you that will show anything flashy, but not exactly what your describing. I do agree we need more options in general to customize our experience not only for personal preference on these matters, but also depending on our computer/internet set up, more options would be very helpful to reduce stress on our cpu's and data speeds to help with lag, visual clutter, etc. 

Targeting improvement

Problem:

Currently targeting with mouse makes people struggle with:

- Avoiding "griefing" (players put aviators/portals/box of fun/other things inside chests/other objects hitboxes)

- Targeting an enemy (for example - during Gorseval fight try to pick Spirit instead of ball/Gorseval)

- You can interact with only one banner, if someone put them in the same place

- Salvage piles in Drizzlewood Coast can't be gathered when they spawned near the gates/upgradable buildings 

- Etc.

Possible solutions:

- If player clicks twice, thrice, and so on the same pixel (with 2-3 pixels threshold), then next possible target should be chosen in a loop.

- Special solution for banners - interaction with every "gathered" banner should be locked for 3 seconds (for example) as it works for ascended food, this way you'll be able to use "F" button to get all boons even if 3 banners were put in the same place.

• Like 3

Yes I have the above problem and tend to mis click targets. In some situation mis clicking on an ally can even cause unneccessary offence. How about alternate colour mouse cursor or click to show cursor like what windows is doing? Rather spend time fighting monster then finding where the cursor is

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd like this too. I don't have the time or inclination to read those numbers so the only way they're useful to me is if they're all zeroes; then I know something is going wrong. If it's anything above zero then the actual number is just visual noise, so it would be helpful to make them smaller (or hide them entirely) 

Exactly. 0s or "miss" or "invulnerable" or "interrupt" or "blocked" are good, but the damage numbers are useless and should be possible to disable.

• Like 1

Hello there,

I have multiple builds for my characters that make use of the equipment templates. Each build I make has a different fashion set up to distinguish its use. But, with that being said, I don't see the option to have different mount templates for the various equipment templates I have loaded onto any single character

I was wondering if its possible to implement a mount template to tie to the equipment templates so that you can have different sets of mounts, gliders, finishers, etc for different equipment load outs that a single character can use. I'd very much like to use the various mount skins that I have purchased in the past for different armor sets.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

That's unfortunate.

I just thought it would be nice to utilize the various mount skins and gliders collected to suit different sets. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement, since it can take the existing equipment templates and just make the mount skins section follow the same settings.

Edited by Sykotic.6230
Word

Having thematically reskinned gear based on the build you play is ok. Having mounts matching your eq theme also feels ok.

Based on my extensive analysis, I think this idea is ok.

...that said, first make sure that lege armory allows us to reskin/recolor legendary gear based on the equipment template. If that's not a thing, then mounts don't matter.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please lower PvP Rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Hero's Armors from 100 to 50. There are players who play PvP just to unlock skins or get Legendary Armor. After all, WvW Rank requirement were lowered from 2000 to 500 for Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Armors

PvP Rank 50 is hard enough as it is, level 100 is horror.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Confused 2

If they made an appearance template for all things cosmetic that we could swap between appearances with, that would be great. Some builds have players use the same gear or people use legendaries that can only store one appearance. Mounts and gliders share the same problem of not swapping between builds, but endgame gear doesn't promote appearance swapping anyways.

• Thanks 3