[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Please remove invisible walls in the middle of the map (not the edge) of central Tyria, unless it's necessary to prevent the client from crashing.  Preferably the ones that have nothing to do with jumping puzzles.   Warnings and dismount around Jumping Puzzles is fine by me, as long as it isn't a flying instadeath (and with the current implementation it is not.)   The amount of invisible walls in the middle of the map are intrusive when playing the game/getting objectives on skyscale. 

Additionally, if invisible walls were placed on the map edges (so there is some mountain you can step on on the edge, and then it becomes an invisible wall around the borders of the map/before things get odd) versus before the mountains at all, they would be less intrusive.

Personally, I would prefer seeing unfinished terrain and so on, than slamming constantly into walls or coming across them while doing map completion or flying to story on Skyscale.  On certain maps they unexpectedly are just in the way constantly.  There are no visual cues for the invisible walls, the Fionnghuala Scratch's one in Lornar's Pass is particularly unexpected- I figured I could step on it to keep height and bam, glass.   It's a really frustrating and annoying experience for me as a player.  I should be able to fly from point A to point B without being constantly un-immersed.  (And skyscales are a wonderful part of the game.)  At least if it's unfinished terrain/terrain I can fly thru it's unexpectedly funny, not frustrating and I eventually generally something I can step on, also I would have visual cues to avoid colliding into something unexpected or getting stuck.  I could even probably convince myself if it's see thru scenery that it's a mesmer illusion or something. 😛  I ran into this issue in Lornar's Pass in recent memory, but it's a problem with many maps.  I would like to be able to do game content on skyscale without being unimmersed constantly/have a -mostly- similar experience to the other modes of transport- basically enjoy the game, very little/intrusive bugs or frustration causes (and if there are, maybe a delightful unexpected secret or something, if there's a buggy spot). 

I do love flying my skyscale in central tyria, so please let us keep doing that.

-edited for clarity-

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bonfire boost renewal

At this time, it's not possible to renew a boost at a bonfire before the effect expires. A message is shown: "You already have this boost."

It would be great if you could remove this error and instead renew the effect timer. This change would bring bonfires more in line with feasts and banners.

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Sykotic.6230 said:

Hello there,

I have multiple builds for my characters that make use of the equipment templates. Each build I make has a different fashion set up to distinguish its use. But, with that being said, I don't see the option to have different mount templates for the various equipment templates I have loaded onto any single character

I was wondering if its possible to implement a mount template to tie to the equipment templates so that you can have different sets of mounts, gliders, finishers, etc for different equipment load outs that a single character can use. I'd very much like to use the various mount skins that I have purchased in the past for different armor sets.

What do you guys think?

oooo, this would be awesome!

QoL: Increase guild hall decoration placement distance/allow underwater placement.

As simple as it sounds, the current range of 12, 000 distance isn't enough for certain ways to Place decorations. An alternative is the ability to place decorations underwater without increasing distance.

My hope for a dragon hologram generator underneath the guild hall map doesn't work when it constantly clips into the surface ground. There is plenty of space to swim down further into, it's just the placement distance which is limiting it. That and the inability to place decorations underwater.

Please and thank you - we'd really appreciate it!

• Like 1

allow us to access hidden arcana library/Durmand Priory at some point permanently without having to go thru story instance repeatedly or be at a specific step in legendary crafting

(I know it's not hard to set up so I always have access to it via 'being in progress of legendary crafting', but in case i actually want to complete those achievements for those legendaries or accidentally read the wrong book and lose my chance, it would be nice if there was another way.)

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

Auto-equip gathering tools

When your tool runs out of charges while logging or mining, the interaction is canceled before the node is depleted.

When you attempt to gather again without a tool equipped, an error is shown: "No gathering tools equipped."

Can you change the gathering system to allow using tools from the inventory? Either by reducing its charge on every use (like a salvage kit), or by automatically equipping it on the first use.

Why? It's common to carry at least one spare tool. Manually equipping new tools after they break is inconvenient, especially when there are enemies nearby. If I have a tool somewhere in my inventory, I should be able to use it without opening the inventory or hero panel.

Edited by StevenL.3761
  • Like 1

Change world completion to a tiered reward system. Currently, it's an extremely long road with no rewards until the very end, which can be quite tedious.

25% world completion: Mystic Clovers and Obsidian Shards as rewards

50% world completion: 1 GoE

75% world completion: Mystic Clovers and Obsidian Shards as rewards

100% world completion: 1 GoE

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2

This isnt technically QoL.

Tho it is a suggestion and its purely visually and i have no clue how hard it is.
But this has been grinding my gears for a little while now. 

The Weaver's Antipodes Skin (aka the Weavers hand gear thing)
This is specificly made for the weaver and it fits its entire nature.

But the thing that i feel like was a big missing out is it working with your atunements.
Having left hand for the first atunement and right hand for the second. 
Is it please possible to make this item change it elements based on the atunements the Elementalist is. 
If its wielded by an elementalist that is not a weaver both hands will always be the same element.
For all other classes its just the standard Left Fire and Right Water.

It just bums me out to see tha my charracter is always wielding fire and water while her entire element is based on lightining.

Btw if the upper thing isnt possible, perhaps give them a special feature where you can manually pick the elements that you wield.
And please then add the visual eart and lightning once.
This is easily done by adding mutliple versions of this glove... that each have there own optional elements.

But i really would love to see the first suggestion that sounds just super cool!!!

• Thanks 1

All the following suggestions relate to WvW:
- Make NPCs unable to tag towers and keeps, only camps (I dont like that dredge cannon can tag keep and tower in EB)
- Keep stacks from sigils when changing border (major annoyance, discourages border hopping)
- Make keeping a tower/garrison tagged require more and more people (so that a single person with stealth cannot keep a garrison continously tagged for hours).

- Make camps flip-able for supply at any time (the wait is awful game design), but make the score take longer (need to hold camps so and so long or something that makes capping possible but not always give score)

- Make teleporting to waypoint from stealth impossible (can teleport after leaving stealth for 3 sec). This is a huge annoyance for me. Searching for permastealth not even knowing if they ported. Tbh, parital removal of stealth based on proximity is needed in this game. Stealth as it is now is garbage.
- Stealthing puts and keeps you in combat
- Larger squads, or squads that can share player position information. Maybe this type of commander to commander functionality could be really cool.
- Give penalty to wvw exp when running hidden tag, give slight penalty to wxp while running closed tag

- Redesign rewards in wvw to discourage afk'ing (make it go to zero rewards much faster). Maybe a unique stacking form of debuff to players that stand still for more than so and so long, that kicks them eventually, much faster than now.

- Give new / all players option to purchase a temporary warclaw or something like that. Maybe they dont find a group right away and start disliking wvw because they get run down by groups (with warclaws)

- Encourage border hopping when there is queues, by allowing players to go back to previous WvW map for the next 3-5minutes. It hurts the game mode a lot that commanders for example start on EB, need to go to a borderland to defend, get stuck in the borderland because of queue. Find less content in the borderland. Then log off from the borderland because of queue(s). "Oh so you wanna win? Well then you need to go and not play for a while".

- More skins on warclaw and siege.

- More ways to make the guilds more flashy in wvw
- Make all the PoF / HoT skills have better ground telegraphs. Some area of effect skills dont have ground markings, which is unintuitive, trolly and plain old awful.

- Make all blocks only have partial damage reduction or work like barrier. To much invuln, block, etc. in the game now.

- Nerf ACs, improve balance, reduce lag, etc. 🙂

- Do more work on balance, to allow more specs. Don't lazily feel ok that one spec per class kind of works (even though some are far superior)

- Make WvW feel more alive, with some back-story or similar, and maybe a story quest to introduce the spvp and wvw game modes to newer players, with some hand holding / intro.

Edited by Loke.1429
more info for you imaginary wvw dev overlord
  • Like 2

1) Wardrobe templates: It costs transmutation charges to save/edit appearances to wardrobe templates. Loading/switching between saved wardrobe templates doesn’t cost any charges. The wardrobe template will save all appearances, such as dyes, outfits, gliders, which piece is set to show/hide, etc. This will lead to transmutation charge sales since many players do not have enough charges to save multiple wardrobe templates per character.

2) Mount templates: The template will save the skin and dye set ups for all mounts. There should also be an option to call a random mount template when the player mounts. For example, when I summon the griffon, it will randomly summon my template 1 griffon, template 2 griffon, or template 3 griffon. This would give players more incentive to own many different mount skins.

I'll keep this edited as I find things that bother me while playing.

1) I'd really like to be able to alter a bag's type in the mystic forge, similar to changing the stats of weapons and armor. For example, if you have a 32-slot Marshal's Pannier, but want a 32-slot Orichalcum Locker, you can get one by combining the following:

32-slot Marchal's Pannier

4 Spools of Deldrimor Thread

12 Supreme Runes of Holding (making it cheaper and using Anthology of Heroes would be nice)

10 Silver Twitching Forgemetal

Although expensive, it's still cheaper than starting the whole process over if you no longer have need for a specific type of bag, or lack the profession to make the type of bag you're after. It's a reliable alternative. There is nothing more frustrating than having a very expensive bag you have no use for. Making them tradable on creation, and account-bound on use (rather than soul-bound) would be a nice touch.

2) Add collections to production discoveries with decent rewards and/or titles.

The problem with discovering some items is they lack value (other than leveling craft), and you don't know what you're making unless you look it up online. A popular example are some runes and sigils. If they aren't optimal in any way, then why throw away great mats to gain a few levels when there are other better options for discovery that actually net something worth using or TPing?

Discovering every recipe a crafting profession has to offer should feel rewarding, but it doesn't, and is pretty pointless once you are capped unless it's something you need. Incentivizing it would give discovery more value to the account.

3) Make Rice Balls and other account-bound food ingredients more accessible and allow them to be purchased in bulk.

4)

Edited by Xytor.1267
  • Like 1

Whenever we get a new skin we may not always have a free character or weapon to add it to when we get it so we have to either save it for later (taking up inventory space) or trash it (wasting a transmute charge later if you do want it). Sometimes the rewards we get from content is not actual weapons but skins alone and they all add up eventually. If they were weapons/armor then at least we could salvage and the trade off is a few materials but with skins, nothing. I was thinking as a QoL upgrade you could add an option to skins to either convert them into a transmute charge or add it to the wardrobe as a free change later on... think of the scarecrow finisher and how you hold hundreds of them as a consumable (never need the infinite one). If we could do either of these things it would free up so much space and make skins a worthwhile reward on their own even if you totally dislike the skin or have tons of variants of the same items (think SAB weapons).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1