[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Suggestion: Remove Aegis Special effect when NOT IN COMBAT MODE.

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested in the past and got ignored, so I'm re-suggesting it hoping that it will be noticed this time.

Everyone here knows how Aegis looks, I don't think there will be any issue removing the Special Effect of Aegis when your Character is NOT in Combat Mode

OR

Since you already removed the Retaliation Boon from the game and replaced it with Resolution...
The new Resolution Boon has no Skill Effect.

Making the old Skill Effect of Retaliation Boon Non-Existent in the game. 

You can just use that old Skill Effect of Retaliation Boon to Aegis Skill Effect since it's no longer being used by the Game.

Edited by Kingslayer.6397

It seems to me that PvE content is moving more and more to private instances with squads, rather than open world: fractals, strike missions, DRMs.

I'm not sure if this is the general direction of PvE, but I'd like to cast a vote for the open world system. My love for GW2 lies mostly in map events: world bosses, metas, general mayhem. There are already story episodes that are private instances. More and more, GW2 is taking place behind closed doors. Being able to join a DRM group randomly is nice. Wish that option existed for fractals. But still, I love how much of GW2 takes place out in the open. I really hope that doesn't change for the PvE portions.

On that note, I'd also like to suggest moving things like legendary requirements away from being exclusively available in WvW tracks (like the Gift of Battle). Those of us exclusively PvE players just sort of hit a wall with things like that. Given that 99% of Frostfang is to be found in open world with a few fractals, having to go through a WvW track for one item is more frustration than it's worth.

Since a legendary precursor certificate is a major reason for completing Return to Dry Top, I've kind of lost motivation to complete it. The finished legendary will no doubt require a Gift of Battle. No interest in the legendary locker, since mine will be empty. No reason to do fractals, since I was mostly doing them for legendary collections.

There's just a whole bunch of the game that stopped being interesting to me because of one item. I'm glad WvW exists for people who love that dynamic, but it seems really silly to force people to essentially learn and play an entirely separate game to gain access to one item they can use in the game they want to play.

Please reconsider this.

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342
Really fed up at game doors being slammed in my face
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hot-keyable inventory slots (thinking mostly about bundle items here).

Current implementation of using consumables and bundle items is tedious. I've always wanted to hotkey my Watchwork Portal Device, Harpy Feathers or Throw Gunk I bought from the Skritt, or whatever other interesting gismo I've sourced from a vendor out in the world. They are flavourable, fun, but currently tedious to use with how you need to open your inventory and double click each time. There's honestly something delightful about finding a vendor, purchasing bundle items, then using them in your adventures; an MMO experience that feels somewhat lacking in GW2.

Could offer a lot, be very easy to implement (and monetize like shared inventory slots if so desired), and be an easy way for Anet to add more flavour to the open world experience. Easy to expand upon as well by releasing new bundles items, which with hotkeyable inventory space, actually becomes substantial "content". IE; by having hotkeys, you essentially recieve new skills for your class, and opens up an underused facet of exploration and buildcraft. Yes please.

Edited by Aamu.3952
  • Like 3

Hello,

I will ask something that as fellow programmer i know is very very simple to be done.

In "options" I want a checkbox that gives option for skills to pop the description while hovered with mouse or not while in combat.

Example:

[] Show skill description while in combat.

Thanks

• Like 7

Please change the color of text for damage floaters when the damage is critical, so we can see in real time when our hits do critical damage.

Also, I would like an option to turn off the ALT + TAB window hot key to prevent accidentally switching programs, especially during PvP.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, jezebel.7054 said:

I would like to add to this. I enjoy dressing my characters to show off their streamline silhouette, even if they're completely covered up. Rather than adding more armor, because there's already so many I won't use or am so far from unlocking, Please can we have a button to hide the skirts on the leggings/pants? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a quicker fix than creating all new armor.

Light coats - almost all are fitted and don't have the butt overhang. There's quite a variety there. Love them!

Light pants - all except for the Profane Pants have a skirt attached. I can see the really cool leggings underneath but they're mostly hidden. 😢 I would much rather show those and hide the skirt.

Medium coats - only about three or four are fitted and stop at the waist. I love the Falconer's Coat, but again, would like the option to shorten.

Medium pants - Omg, sooo much variety here!! Almost all are just legs (and fitted), no skirt! LOVE them!! ❤️

Heavy coats - all short with no overhang! ❤️

Heavy pants - Oh boy. Only one is truly just leggings. 😢 The rest all have a skirt or something else attached and could really use the "hide skirt" button. :#

{snip}

It's been over 3 years since this post was made, and everything they said still holds true to this day. For some reason, that I cannot fathom, armors have these strict silhouettes that do nothing but restrict character customization and design. The amount of armors in the game could increase by nearly 1/4, by simply going back to existing armors, editing them and providing us with a second version of them which will give us a different silhouettes . For example: (as seen on humanoid male characters)

Medium armor : Stalwart Jerkins. By  removing the lower part of it, and just following the already existent design line, you'll go from a having just another long coat to now having an edgy fitted jacket. Which won't clip with anything like the bladed boots.

Medium Armor: Aetherblade Medium Jerkin. By removing the whole train, and just leaving the top with the belts and pouch, you'll be giving this armor a whole new look.

Light armor: Aurora Garb and Leggings. Remove the train from the leggings and attach it to the garb (as it should be). Then you'll have a distinctive new pant, and top.

Light armor: Exalted Coat and Pants. Same as above.

Light Armor: Bladed Pants. Remove the train completely (but maybe keep the belt?). So much detail was put on those leggings, and we barely get to notice. And again this will provide a new set of pants AND a whole new silhouette.

Heavy Armor: Dark Templar Tassets. Removing the skirt will make the pants match more with other armors and reduce clipping against gloves and weapons.

Heavy Armor: Flame Legion Legguards. Removing the bulky waist plate/skirt thing. Again will make the armor much more versatile and less clipping.

These are just a hand full of examples. Female, as well as Charr and Asura character could have different edits.

At any rate, you still keep all the old armors as they are, but then have the new edited versions as well which should unlock at the same time. This is a simple way of providing a lot of new looks , without adding any brand new assets that are made from scratch.

Honestly I could talk for hours about all the assets that are in game that are not being utilized to the fullest, and that could use some editing magic. These are just the simplest.

p.s. some textures could also use some updating like that of the Stately Leggings, which has looked outdated ever since the game launched.

We are forced to chose between 3 flawed indicators at the moment.

The first requiring 2 button presses to cast.

The second being cast on key up instead of on button press. The bonus of this setting is that for longer casts like wurm or warrior banners will always activate at the position of where your mouse was once the cast starts.

The third which 'should' be the best as it allows you to cast your abilities the quickest because of not having to wait for the key up input to cast but it has a fatal flaw of not saving the location of where your mouse was on the start of the casts and instead ends up where ever your mouse is at the end of the cast.

I recorded a video for example 

We need a fourth option which combines the last two, starting the cast on key down instead of key up and keeping the ability at the location of the initial cast.

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Like 7

Please implement the cursor suggestions that have suggested already in this thread, by allowing players to adjust the size and colour plus giving the option for an animated cursor.

Secondly, I would like a character selection screen overhaul by making the character list vertical (on the lefthand side of the screen) and giving sorting options for your characters, namely: last played, playtime, age, race, profession, level, alphabetic, and custom/manual.

Thirdly, I would like an update to the castbar. Add the name of the spell you are casting/channeling on top of the bar, add a numerical countdown (for casted spells) or a countup (for channeled spells) to the side of the bar, give options for position and size of the bar (personally I would like the bar to be bigger and higher up on the screen).

• Like 4

PvE basic Character Models

-or-

Character Model Limit - Do not Load

When?

Just if devs don't know. Shattered mesmer clones with too much cosmetic effects of Legendary weapons, backpack and infusions can cause Character Model loading loop, even on newest drivers even on lowest character model ( which is for NO REASON still loading animation of backpack weapons and infusions in PvE ). Simple example - Shattered mesmer clone with Aurora bubbles.

Those loading loops causes fps drops, and only way to fix it - perform GPU cache clear.
p.s. PvP and WvW does disable these cosmetic shenanigans with Competitive settings for Basic character models for Allies and for Enemies, atleast to some degree.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Phobia.9651 said:

Please implement the cursor suggestions that have suggested already in this thread, by allowing players to adjust the size and colour plus giving the option for an animated cursor.

Secondly, I would like a character selection screen overhaul by making the character list vertical (on the lefthand side of the screen) and giving sorting options for your characters, namely: last played, playtime, age, race, profession, level, alphabetic, and custom/manual.

Thirdly, I would like an update to the castbar. Add the name of the spell you are casting/channeling on top of the bar, add a numerical countdown (for casted spells) or a countup (for channeled spells) to the side of the bar, give options for position and size of the bar (personally I would like the bar to be bigger and higher up on the screen).

These all sound like good ideas to me, especially the first one. I'm often wasting time in combat rolling my mouse furiously around on the pad trying to distinguish the pointer from 100,000 emitted particles and movement on the screen.

I would like to request Asura and Sylvari guild hall decos. Indeed, 3/4 of the current ones are human themed and from divinity reach or amnoon. The asuran ones can be counted on hand: expensive fractal console, out of price dragon hologram generators or gold consumming norn holo dancers. And about sylvaris, do we have any apart the deluxe vine wall from HoT?

That's why I request to you anet more asuran and sylvari decos. You proved with icebrood saga that you can deliver to us, guild hall decorators, quality charrs and norn decorations.

Revisiting the Living seasons is an occasion to add them, ls2, ls3 and ls4 feature asura a lot so kinda a bummer to have no related decorations.

Think about that anet: ascended trinklets, accessory,  rings, amulets are everywhere, easily accessible at each ls map magic vendor. Why not also putting, I mean here now, adding, new gh decos at those magic vendors like it is the case for dragonfall volatile vendors? It is a good time now, because we are revisiting those episodes and maps.

• Thanks 1

Another request, again, kinda for the equity between gw2 races: More Asura, Sylvari, Charr and Norn armors sets.

Let's do maths:

All races have 3 Tier of cultural armors, of each weight (light - medium - heavy), so each race already have 18 T1, 18 T2, 18 T3 = 54 armor pieces.

Plus the following ones, dungeons, living story or gemstore but I count only armor pieces:

Human: Funerary, Spearmarshal, Elonian, Warbeast, Corsair, Elegy, Requiem, Orr temple karma armor, Arah, Caudecus manor, Ascalonian. (TOTAL OF +11 SETS so 198 armor pieces)

Charr: Fire citadel, Grothmar valley helmet skins, Frost legions armor skins gemstore (/!\ Identical for all weight). (TOTAL OF +2 SETS so 36 armor pieces)

Norn: Bjora Raven ceremonial (/!\ No variety, identical for all weight), Honor of waves. (TOTAL OF +2 SETS, warning only 24 armors pieces here)

Sylvari: Twilight arbor, toxic armor skins, shadow of dragons. (TOTAL OF +1 SET, 3 toxics and shadow so 24 armors pieces)

Asura: Crucible of eternity, moto virtual box helmet, eventually scarlet armors.

(TOTAL OF +1 SET, so 21 armors pieces)

The armor sets are spread unequally, and the sets names I haven't quoted are non racial and generic offering poor customization for a race inspired look.

And they are quite a lot. In this game about 5 main races occupying the world of Tyria, one is favored.

I already live all day as a stupid human, it is boring, if I play this game it is to play as other races, why favoring human? Give love to other races for eternal alchemy and pale tree sake!

Those are FACTS. Add more other than human armors. Please, thanks. Especially Charrs and Asura. They are overused in every living seasons or plot and somehow have poor armor choices.

Finishing ceremonial norn armors can be cool too.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 3

Can yall please take a little extra time out of your day to make sure outfits fit every character type properly? This is why I hate buttcapes, they are just never scaled down properly for my Sylvari.

This poor quality has gone on for too long, you don't improve.🤷‍♂️ This is why majority of players go human.

sylvari:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/122859535646851074/851875845361631232/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/122859535646851074/851875800470913024/unknown.png

human:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/122859535646851074/851877915934851072/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/122859535646851074/851877447293206568/unknown.png

So many cosmetics need some going-over for non-human races, some QoL I been waiting ages for.

You don't even offer race changes either or the ability to transfer bag expansions.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Caretaker.4697 said:

How is this STILL a kittenING problem in 2021

Perhaps anet dont see it as a problem.

Maybe it will break something else if they fix it making it not worth doing.

Apparently you can unlock it by interacting with a master point in any dragon response mission for minimal spoilers.

I'm going to guess this has been posted already, but...

Notification if the receiver already has a gem store item

I understand it might not be as useful with something like infinite tools, but for skins (outfits / weapons / backpacks / gliders, etc.) it would be nice to know if the intended receiver has already unlocked the skin.

I'd like to gift people some skins (the earmuffs with wintersday for example, or an outfit for a friends birthday), but the fact that I'm not sure they already have it unlocked (and then just basically waste my gems on nothing), prevents me from doing so.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2021 at 8:02 PM, Phobia.9651 said:

Oh god yes on the mouse cursor, it's so tiny and we are constantly trying to find it. So much for accessibility.

On new character select screen I am hoping they change it with Cantha because I imagine whatever they choose there will be the last time they look at it. This is a post from nearly 2 years ago asking for the same thing.

• Like 3

Also, would it kill for an update to which squad we want? How many times do we press the squad button only for it to be the wrong size? To create a squad it takes 2 clicks unless it is wrong then it takes several more. Adding a choice of the squad as per image provided would be a really great QoL update and should not be too difficult to implement. Here's hoping!

https://imgur.com/a/7Yz9Htm

Edited by Turial.1293

8 hours ago, Turial.1293 said:

Also, would it kill for an update to which squad we want? How many times do we press the squad button only for it to be the wrong size? To create a squad it takes 2 clicks unless it is wrong then it takes several more. Adding a choice of the squad as per image provided would be a really great QoL update and should not be too difficult to implement. Here's hoping!

https://imgur.com/a/7Yz9Htm

they could also let people name squads or have squad descriptions show commander names.