[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Big QoL thing I would like to see is a texture update passover for Gen 1 legendaries, with special focus on ones like Howler, the Underwaters, Frostfang, Rodgort, and The Minstrel. Beautiful leggies in their own right that look a little dated  and with a bit more love could be perfect for the upcoming Armory Release!

• Like 4

Dailies: and Decluttering

I have a suggestion that comes from Destiny2 of all places. There each week they have a part of the log in UI which tells you what "current" events and content is focused this week, and i think Guild Wars 2 could do with something like this.

There are also often too many dailies and you go mad if you try to do them all, i think it would be nice with a few more generic Dailies for the different game modes like strikes and so on, but that a lot of it should be on a weekly focus, and it should be very apparent to players what is focused content this week - i usually forget to even check what season episodes are active on my dailies because its buried in daily achievements

• Like 2

+1 for bank improvements from the previous post

Additionally:

• Add "Deposit materials" and "Compact" buttons to the Bank UI
  • Make the window resizable
  • Add a resize bar to the pane splitter, so you can resize the inventory pane
  • Make the inventory pane collapsible
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LFG TAB

What if we have one more line to press on top of all areas names called "all" where we can see all (duh) current groups looking for players and these would be sorted by group size, group with more people on top, people would still have to go to each of the other places to create groups, this area would be just to consult and join.

• Like 2

A revamp of the LFG tool would be really nice, I would love to see a squish on all those tabs. Instead of several listing for each map, just have 1 tab for LW2 for example. How to know which map they are on though? Add the location of party leader to the right-side pane so now we can see location, party members/classes and text all in place without having to click through tons of empty tabs. If you were to add any other tabs I would highly recommend a "services" tab, I hate trying to set up for a raid group and just see the tab spammed with raid-sellers. Nothing against them but they should be in a more appropriate area; i.e. services. This could also be uused for other services that players provide, I would even add a "request service" tab for players.

Edited by Turial.1293
  • Like 2

Account-wide Waypoint unlocks.

As it stands, despite having 7 alt characters, I only ever play my main because it would far too time consuming to go around unlocking all the waypoints around the entire world 7 times over again. For example, I would love to bring some of my alts to Guild Missions, but I'm not able to due to those characters not having all the waypoints necessary to keep up with them; and no, the currently available waypoint unlock bundles are not an acceptable alternative. They only give the waypoints for core maps, and are far too expensive given that they only work for one character at a time. Also, Teleport to Friends are a limited resource and a band-aid solution at best. Portal Scrolls are also just a patchjob solution, and they don't even have those for HoT and PoF maps. I want to be able to hop between my characters freely and use whichever one I feel like for any particular event on any map instead of just riding one character forever because they're the one that has all the unlocks. While this game does have a ton of great features making alt characters more convenient to use; I believe this waypoint issue is a roadblock in really letting people have fun with them.

• Like 2

Hello, I am going to complain quite a lot right now. Sorry in advance.

User experience is the biggest enemy/challenge in this game. I have never spent so much time on wiki and yt looking for answers as I do in GW2. Today I was trying to get one of the recipes for some gear  Whole day of figuring out WvW, farming, being completely overwhelmed and miserable as a new player there, only to learn that I can not spend my 100 (point of another currency), because first I need spend some ranks in some ability in some another progression system.

Why?

I am so frustrated you have no idea.

Ok. Let's try to put it a bit more coherent.

User experience needs an upgrade. It is so convoluted that even after a year of playing this game, hundreds of hours in, after finishing three biggest storylines and leveling few characters from 0 to 80 I have moments like this when I wanna quit and never come back. I have no idea what am I supposed to do to progress and have fun.

Why PvP and WvW (fun fact, WvW is also PvP, because everything needs to be more confusing) use completely new set of systems, rules, equipment or even skills?

Why there is no way to learn information you need on more natural way, only by wiki? Do you know that I've been complaining for weeks that I can not get any better gear just to discover that I am two or three achievements from possibly the best weapon in the game? Suddenly I've discovered that you have to spend hours in achievements tab to get what you need to keep up. Why there is no proper introduction of that shift in story or something?

Learning curve is insane here and it never ends. Do something with it. I wanna play, not read wiki for whole day.

• Like 2

Those of us who have played from the beginning will remember how the map used to look: orange circles around events everywhere. We knew where to run to join in.

Now we'll be running around, see a message new event nearby, look at map, nothing. Just have to criss cross the area, hoping to stumble across it before it ends; some but few events are visible at any significant range. The old style of many visible circles was much more fun. Please bring it back.

• Like 3

When opening production tab at a crafting station, we get a looooong list of options. If for example we're interested in refinement, there's a lot of scrolling to get there, or filter tool is useful.

But also very useful would be a button that toggles between "expand all" and "collapse all". That would, for example, let me collapse all, hit a specific category of weapon type or refinement etc, expand that category, and be where I want to be. That would be quick and pleasant.

• Like 2

Can there be a real CC skill indicator? Like, you put a defiance bar symbol above the skill slot as example or add bold cyan outline around the skill slots too. Really. This is qol and it is a pain to remember which skill do cc or not.

• Like 2

[Suggestion] A "Nearby" list that you can check everyone in the instance that you're in. So for example. I am in LA and there are multiple phases/instances of it. If I check the nearby list I can see all of the people in LA in my instance.

[Reason] Well it would be nice to check to see if you're talking to nobody when you're in a map that is not usually frequented. Could use it to whisper people in the same map to see if they want to do something with you like a bounty as one example.

Bank Boxes Renaming

It would be nice if we could name our boxes in the bank so we can organize it better. Eg, Itens for Mawdrey.

Friendlist chat

My first MMO had this. Its called Talisman Online. You dont have idea how huge it is. Would be nice just call your friends to help in content or chit-chat whith each other. LFG do not have enough friendly aproach, you post in LFG and wait to random people come in. Its not bad. But a friendlist chat makes you create a lot more friends in the game because sometimes you will see a interesting conversation in friend chat and you will want to add your friend's friend just so you can keep up with the full conversation.

Summon System

A great way of ressurecting some contents like dungeons. If you could once per day take a newbie to dungeons with you. For exemple, ascalonian catacombs is a lvl 35 dungeon. A high level player with a high level character could once per day take at least one lvl 30-40 player (the summon) to the dungeon. In the end of the dungeon the summon after having completing the task of killing the previous bosses of the dungeon could summon another boss and this boss would complete a daily quest that gave good rewards to veteran players like mystic coins, amalgamated, etc. This would be really great to group content, (dungeons, raids, fracs) A great way of making veteran and newbie players together.

• Like 1

No more wurms all over the place in EoD please. Today while doing the current season achievement I saw this Jade Wurm in the Priory and I am like "oh great Cantha is full of wurms". I find this game already has to many of them and that include Modrem Vines which is basically the same concept. These enemies are boring and low effort/imagination. Please limit them in the upcoming expansion. Come up with something new!

1. Can we see account name on mails, please?

2. Can we right-click in a player in same guild and invite for pary without being necessary open guild panel, wait, and try again, please?

3. Can we send more than 2 mails to players in the same guild small period, please? (they can leave a guild if he dont like guild posture).

• Like 2

Please lower PvP rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Armor from Rank 100 to 50.
WvW Rank for Mistforged Trimphant Armor were lowered to Rank 500 from 2000 in WvW.
Small comparison:

WvW

-Rapid WvW-rank points gain

-WvW-rank points gain doesn't depends on win\lose

-5000 WvW-rank points to reach new rank-level

-Celebration Booster allows to get more WvW-rank points up to 100%

PvP

-Very Slow PvP-Rank gain.

-Depends on win\lose situation

-20000 PvP-rank points to reach new rank-level

-Downtime to assemble a party

-No boosters to gain more PvP-rank points

By lowering rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Armor you will allow players, who forced to play PvP for armor skins, to unlock these skins faster and leave gamemode. Reaching WvW Rank Level 500 and even 2000 is much more easier than PvP Rank Level 100.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Aeon.4583 said:

Please lower PvP rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Armor from Rank 100 to 50.
WvW Rank for Mistforged Trimphant Armor were lowered to Rank 500 from 2000 in WvW.
Small comparison:

WvW

-Rapid WvW-rank points gain

-WvW-rank points gain doesn't depends on win\lose

-5000 WvW-rank points to reach new rank-level

-Celebration Booster allows to get more WvW-rank points up to 100%

PvP

-Very Slow PvP-Rank gain.

-Depends on win\lose situation

-20000 PvP-rank points to reach new rank-level

-Downtime to assemble a party

-No boosters to gain more PvP-rank points

By lowering rank requirement for Mistforged Glorious Armor you will allow players, who forced to play PvP for armor skins, to unlock these skins faster and leave gamemode. Reaching WvW Rank Level 500 and even 2000 is much more easier than PvP Rank Level 100.

Is this based on fact or opinion? PvP rank can be gained solo, you can solo queue unranked or rank in addition to custom arena. In addition, unlike skirmish tickets the ascended shards of glory aren't timegated. If you have a lot of time you can just loop byzantium.

WvW rank, top 10% is 734 among all players surveyed https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank
4% of all players surveyed are 1970 WvW rank
For 2K-4K hours the top 1% has 1983 WvW ranks
Top 20% of 4K+ hour players has 2001 WvW ranks

PvP rank , top 10% is 79 among all players surveyed https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.pvpRank
7% of all players surveyed are at 99 PvP rank
Top 10% of all 2K-4K hour players has 92 PvP rank
Top 20% of all 4K+ hour players has 120 PvP rank

This isn't a QoL request by the way.

Edited by Infusion.7149