Change of Server.....

Just recently, a friend of mine started playing this game and wanted me to game with them. So, I reactivated my accounted and downloaded the game that is now free. (I could have used the game disk I have. I guess.) and as it turns out we are both on different servers. He is on Jade Quarry and I'm on Kaineng. To make matters a little more complex, he is on a American server and I'm on a European server (I think....) How do I change over to his server. Starting new characters is no issue for me. Although it would be nice if I could transfer what I had been playing.

You can transfer servers/regions on the character select screen, bottom left - world selection. Paid accounts can transfer for free by deleting all of their characters. Free accounts can't transfer, but can get a 1 time free transfer by contacting support or buying the game.

Both Jade Quarry and Kaineng are in the same region, so the only thing you can't do together is WvW, but JQ is currently full, so you can't transfer there anyways.

I do own a copy of this game, I brought it some time between now and 2012 when it first came out. Should I delet this game and reinstall it using my disk and the game key code I got with it or should I just tell them I have disk and the game key code to prove I originally owned the game  so they can transfer me to that server.

Pity Jade Quarry is full. What about Kaineng? is that one full as well? Maybe my friend will transfer to that one if it isn't full.

Thanks for your help.

The original disks and what you downloaded to install the game is the same thing. MMOs aren't like regular games - anyone can download the full game for free, it's the account you use to login that allows you to play it.

Support won't transfer you to full server. Kaineng is open for transfers.

Edited by Healix.5819

If your friend just started playing, he/she could transfer to your World/Server at no cost by deleting all his/her characters.  Everything account-wide will be kept, and anything account-bound can be put in the bank.

As Healix mentioned, as long as you are both in the same region, NA or EU, no need to be on the same World/Server, except if you wish to play WvW together.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring