Ascended armory

5 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

It’s nothing exciting enough nor actually has any effect on a huge amount of the player base. It’s not like any “issues” centered around legendary gear change other than not needing to swap them out.

v

3 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I do think this is going to push most players to legendary crafting.

Stop arguing with yourself. 🙄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The value the legendary armory brings is pretty simple but it also depends on each person.

For example I crafted Bolt recently. I have 4 characters that use swords in their build.

Without the legendary armory 1 legendary sword equals 1 ascended sword

With the legendary armory 1 legendary sword equals 4 ascended sword

That is a 400% increase in value of the item.

Sounds great!  However in reality it is not really all that great. Each of those characters already had ascended swords equipped. Replacing them with a legendary from the armory didn't change much.

Okay but what about people who haven't been playing for years and acquiring ascended for all their characters? The legendary armory brings the value of  legendaries closer to ascended but legendaries are still inferior.

Continuing with Bolt as an example ...

Bolt is 1423g https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30699

The most expensive ascended sword that is not a precursor is the Stellar Khopesh at 80g https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.subtype=Sword&filter.craftDailyCooldowns=false

1423/80 = 17.78. In other words I am only getting 4 ascended swords worth of value out of something worth 17.78

If I had 18 characters all using swords and with the armory then the legendary is finally better.

10 minutes ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

imo the armory is very annoying. When using Weapons on multiple chars i have to unbound them, then the game removes all infusion and sigil and i have to move all three to the other char.

How do you know the armory is annoying when it won't be out until July 13?

• Like 2

A lot of players think that the legendary armory is a system that allows players to download copies of legendaries on their characters (like WoW’s heirloom system). Many players also think if you make 1 legendary sword, you can download 2 copies and dual wield. Based on the info we have, however, I think this is unlikely.

Currently, a legendary on a character is usable on that character’s equipment templates, but not on other characters’ equipment templates. Most likely, the legendary armory will simply be an account wide change so that a legendary on a character will be usable on all other characters’ equipment templates, as well.

I think I read that Anet said the legendary armory will work through the equipment template. This would be working through the equipment template. This would also be the easiest way to share legendaries since it doesn’t require creating an entirely new system like WoW’s heirlooms.

Also, just like now, if you want to dual wield a legendary sword, you will almost certainly need to create 2 legendary swords for the armory. Another possibility is that if players want different wardrobe appearances for different characters, they’ll need to own multiple legendaries of the same slot (so if players want to save 2 different wardrobe appearances on their legendary armors, they’ll need 2 legendary armors). This will make it so that owning multiple legendaries of the same slot isn’t a waste.

Edited by BlueJin.4127

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

v

Stop arguing with yourself. 🙄

You really don’t know what context is do you? I’ll let you in on a secret. Players go for shiny, much of them, life yourself, somehow see a plethora of intrinsic “value” when looking at the armory. There isn’t any. Not really, none that’s game changing in any sense. For those players that have no leggos it literally does nothing at all, for those that do... they avoid load screens. 

Its hardly something you can even give Anet a pat on the back for doing. It’s something that should have probably been in the game at launch give their propensity for making sooo much of the game account oriented rather than per character. 

So far as it stands you’re literally only taking things out of context, you’re not arguing your point in how it “adds value” nor can you refute what I said about how leggos WEREN'T useless before the armory. I’ve stated their actual worth and simply said the armory does nothing to change that value. 

You literally quoted Anet saying they hope it “feels better” when crafting a legendary. Even they aren’t saying it somehow intrinsically raises their value. Maybe you should pick a point and stick with it.

• Confused 3

45 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

A lot of players think that the legendary armory is a system that allows players to download legendaries on their characters (like WoW’s heirloom system). Many players also think if you make 1 legendary sword, you can download 2 copies and dual wield. Based on the info we have, however, this is unlikely.

Currently, a legendary on a character is usable on that character’s equipment templates, but not on other characters’ equipment templates. Most likely, the legendary armory will simply make it so that a legendary on a character will be usable on all other characters’ equipment templates, as well.

AFAIK, Anet said the legendary armory will work through the equipment template. This would be the most likely scenario. This would also be the easiest way to share legendaries since it doesn’t require creating an entirely new system like WoW’s heirlooms.

Also, just like now, if you want to dual wield a legendary sword, you will almost certainly need to create 2 legendary swords for the armory. Another possibility is that if players want different wardrobe appearances for different characters, they’ll need to own multiple legendaries of the same slot (so if players want to save 2 different wardrobe appearances on their legendary armors, they’ll need 2 legendary armors). This will make it so that owning multiple legendaries of the same slot isn’t a waste.

The info floating around reddit and other such sites is all theories. The screenshots aren’t official Anet screens. They haven’t released any info as far as I’ve seen that talks about the armory in any capacity except for saving on shared inventory slots essentially. I think they were planning on something prior to July in terms of showcasing the armory, but it wasn’t until later. 

I will say however, if it’s akin to some of the things I’ve seen on reddit it seems entirely convoluted and like a waste of time on Anet’s part. From a coding standpoint it doesn’t make much sense as far as being a pseudo collection type drop down menu, because the game doesn’t track multiple instances of the legendary collection. Even if you had two Bolts for instance there’d be no way to really “track” that for a sort system that was described, similar to the wardrobe, which just recognizes what you have unlocked in your collections. Exp, you can transmog bolt on two swords at the same time without needing to have 2...

If anything was officially announced about the armory we’d have that info on the wiki, as well as sites reporting it on it because clicks are clicks.

Edited by Clex Mix.7624

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The value the legendary armory brings is pretty simple but it also depends on each person.

For example I crafted Bolt recently. I have 4 characters that use swords in their build.

Without the legendary armory 1 legendary sword equals 1 ascended sword

With the legendary armory 1 legendary sword equals 4 ascended sword

That is a 400% increase in value of the item.

Sounds great!  However in reality it is not really all that great. Each of those characters already had ascended swords equipped. Replacing them with a legendary from the armory didn't change much.

Okay but what about people who haven't been playing for years and acquiring ascended for all their characters? The legendary armory brings the value of  legendaries closer to ascended but legendaries are still inferior.

Bolt is 1423g https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30699

The most expensive ascended sword that is not a precursor is the Stellar Khopesh at 80g https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.subtype=Sword&filter.craftDailyCooldowns=false

1423/80 = 17.78. In other words I am only getting 4 ascended swords worth of value out of something worth 17.78

If I had 18 characters all using swords and with the armory then the legendary is finally better.

You have to kind of assume the fact the only people who might benefit from the armory are already going to have a decent amount of ascended gear crafted. IF the armory was something that came out day 1 you could say the value of them was decent in a very very long run... but it’s pretty anecdotal.

It’s definitely nice you can essentially avoid swapping all your crap around if you did so, but I’ve crafted/bought ascended gear for most characters. And it’s not like I can complain because they were worth it for years. Hindsight is always 20/20 but would I have really waited til 2021 to not craft any of it? No. Nor do I think any new players would find the armory useful at all... they’d be better off getting ascended first on a “main” so they can do fractals and such. 

This is one of those features that I find myself just saying “huh... neat” to more than I think it’s something I’m definitely looking forward to. 

49 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You really don’t know what context is do you? I’ll let you in on a secret. Players go for shiny, much of them, life yourself, somehow see a plethora of intrinsic “value” when looking at the armory. There isn’t any. Not really, none that’s game changing in any sense.

Legendaries have two values:
1st The skin/prestige that comes with them
2nd The mechanical convenience(swapping stats on demand).
The armory is meant to further improve this 2nd part, the convenience, which is definetely an increase in the value you get out of them. Convenience HAS a value, no matter what you say. Increasing convenience = increasing value.
I think you might be confusing price with value. The price for crafting legendaries might not change, but the value you get out of them will (or at least that's the idea of the armory).

53 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

For those players that have no leggos it literally does nothing at all, for those that do... they avoid load screens. 

Yea, well, that's why they called it "legendary armory", duh?

Players are lazy.

This is part of what's driving the implementation of the Legendary Armory*

As Legendary items are account bound and not soul bound, they can already be shared between any character on an account, as long as the player is willing to spend the time unequipping them, putting them into the bank (or shared inventory slot), then equipping them on the next character.

So the functionality of the Legendary Armory already exists in the game. It's just a bit of a PITA for the player.

So the only thing the Armory does is make it easier to share Legendary equipment between characters on their account.

Now as Ascended items are also account bound and not soul bound, players can already share them between characters on their account using the same technique outlined above.

Which at the end of the day is a massive argument for the implementation of an Ascended Armory. Players can share Ascended items between characters anyway, so why not be nice and make it easier for them?

Also, I find it rather distasteful that with the Legendary Armory being advertised as a banner feature being added to the game, it will only benefit a minority of players.

Adding Ascended to the Armory would benefit a lot more of the playerbase.

I also suspect that obtaining one of every stat combination available of Ascended gear would be a LOT more expensive and take a lot more time than obtaining a single Legendary item of the same type.

So there's your player retention / monetisation mechanic ANet.

*The other part is of course monetisation, as even if the Legendary Armory is completely free to use, crafting Legendaries requires a LOT of resources, which will inevitably drive quite a few players to the gem store in order to bypass some or all of the associated material grind.

Advertising this new feature that you'll only be able to experience if you have a Legendary item in the first place will of course tempt even more players to attempt crafting one, meaning more money for the gem store.

4 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It's even worse than that, because you would not be using the most expensive option, but the cheapest one (either the cheapest with the correct stat, or a cheapest one with stat-select option). And in case of swords, the cheapest stat-select option that has access to all stat combinations is the Caladbolg Rosa, craftable at the cost of ~18g. You could get ~75 of those for the cost of single Bolt - which is more than the max number of character slots possible on an account.

And weapons are not the most extreme case. Those would be rings, accesories and amulets.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You really don’t know what context is do you?

Go re-read your post and see how you keep going back-and-forth on the same claim, apparently just for the sake of having an argument. You've already confirmed what I'm saying multiple times and yet you still keep pretending you didn't 🙄

I’ll let you in on a secret. Players go for shiny, much of them, life yourself, somehow see a plethora of intrinsic “value” when looking at the armory. There isn’t any. Not really, none that’s game changing in any sense. For those players that have no leggos it literally does nothing at all, for those that do... they avoid load screens. 

Armory doesn't add any more shiny than there already was on legendaries, your take here is misguided and simply wrong. Also re-read the quotes on the previous page where you already confirmed what I was saying in this thread. Want a link to the post so you won't get lost?

Its hardly something you can even give Anet a pat on the back for doing. It’s something that should have probably been in the game at launch give their propensity for making sooo much of the game account oriented rather than per character. 

...which also can be said about literally any other part of the game, wooooo, you solved game/content/QoL updates -they're no needed, just have them since the launch! 😆

Like... what point are you even trying to make and how is this relevant to literally anything I wrote or anything in this thread? (same with your silly pseudo-argument that "it doesn't increase stats" -who cares? Who said anything like that? How is this relevant? What is your point with these irrelevant throw ins? Desperate for a point while not having one, I guess?)

So far as it stands you’re literally only taking things out of context

No, I'm not, keep running from facts though and keep arguing against what you already said yourself in this thread 🙃

you’re not arguing your point in how it “adds value”

I don't need to tell you how it adds value, you've already did it for yourself and STILL pretend you didn't LOL. I dont' need to list anything, I don't need to somehow "raise the value even more!", it raises value, you know it raises value, you wrote it yourself that it raises value. Me listing whatever won't change anything when you're clearly going even against your own word, so just stop lying to yourself and accept the facts that it does increase the value of legendary items. 

nor can you refute what I said about how leggos WEREN'T useless before the armory.

Nobody said they were useless before armory and surely neither did I. What are you even talking about? Are you this desparate for a point taht you'll keep making up some artificial arugments that are irrelevant to anything that was written before? (like this one, "it doesn't add stats" or "it should be in the game earlier" LOL)

For real, what are you even doing right now? 😆

I’ve stated their actual worth and simply said the armory does nothing to change that value. 

You said it does, go re-read your own posts. 🙃

You literally quoted Anet saying they hope it “feels better” when crafting a legendary. Even they aren’t saying it somehow intrinsically raises their value. Maybe you should pick a point and stick with it.

Yes, Ive literally quoted anet and they literally said "more valuable", stop lying to pretend you have a point 🙃

(and when didn't I stick with my point? Are you randomizing the words you're using in your posts or what's the deal here?)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

IF the armory was something that came out day 1 you could say the value of them was decent in a very very long run... but it’s pretty anecdotal.

So if the armory was here earlier, it would increase the value of lege gear, but since it's released now, it somehow nullifies that increased lege value LOL -probably because people are somehow locked out of crafting lege right now and there's totally not more legendary items comming into the game in the next expansion, so only people who already crafted something will be able to use it, riiight (and btw the number of people using it has absolutely no meaning about it increasing the value of lege gear, that's just another irrelevant non-argument that has nothing to do with what was being said here)

What are you even doing right now, for real?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

How does it increase the value? If anything over time it decreases monetary values. No longer would someone need to craft 2 swords, 2 pistols, 2 axes, 2 daggers... the only “value” being increased is quality of life and less load screens needing to swap leggos around.

If only it was just "load screens". I tried the swapping thing once, just once. I had to change stats on 6 pieces of armor, 3 weapons and 4 trinkets. I also had to change 6 runes and 4 sigils. And then I had to change it all back when I wanted to play my main again. On that main I had to do all of the above twice because I used 2 equipment load outs at the time. Not something I wanted to do on a regular basis.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

If only it was just "load screens". I tried the swapping thing once, just once. I had to change stats on 6 pieces of armor, 3 weapons and 4 trinkets. I also had to change 6 runes and 4 sigils. And then I had to change it all back when I wanted to play my main again. On that main I had to do all of the above twice because I used 2 equipment load outs at the time. Not something I wanted to do on a regular basis.

And of course you had to remember or write down what particular runes, sigils and stats you were using on those various builds because all that information is lost when you move the gear to another character now.

Yeah, it's far more than just load screens although avoiding more load screens itself is great.

There's also the "where'd I leave that" aspect of this, if you've got a number of alts and are sharing your Legendary gear among them then you also have to remember who had what last.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

Wait, what? Are all Ascended weapons that cheap to craft? I was under the impression a piece of Ascended gear cost hundreds of G to craft.

Time to check out GW2efficiency

Always has been.

And even if not, the game throws ascended gear at you anyway.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

14 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I think it was more of a spitball... and or factoring in using one’s own mats and the vendor cost of crafting materials for ecto refinement.

OR maybe using fractals to buy them? Which is fairly cheap and you’ll make that gold farming t4’s and recs anyway.

35g average with Craft daily cooldowns

45g average without.

Crafting ascended gear has been very cheap for a long time.

On 5/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, Mortifera.6138 said:

Seeing as both legendaries and ascended equipment are account bound, why can't we have an "Ascended Armory"? Yes, you can't change ascended stats on the fly, but most people used the same stats across all their characters for the longest time... and it sure beats nothing.

Because the game should have some longevity? Anet added ascended very fast into the mix because exitic wasnt cutting it and making ascended armory would do the exact same thin let alone it would make the legenday armory meaningless.

Let's be real, this will never happen. Legendaries are a lot more expensive to get and have a lot more utility and the armoury is a huge selling point in crafting them (being able to swap runes/stats/sigils/infusions on the go). Ascended can't swap anything and is already account bound - you can put it on any character you want, and they're abundant enough that you're not really going to struggle to put ascended on whatever characters you want.

An average legendary armour piece is 350g and ascended about 50g, weapons 1500g~ to 50g. An ascended armoury is completely unnecessary.

17 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

How does it increase the value? If anything over time it decreases monetary values. No longer would someone need to craft 2 swords, 2 pistols, 2 axes, 2 daggers... the only “value” being increased is quality of life and less load screens needing to swap leggos around. 

Unless scarcity of certain items increases, the armory itself adds no quantifiable value to a legendary. Sure, we have seen price gouging increase since the announcement of the armory, but that’s purely due to people who understand basic laws of supply and demand. The demand for coins has gone up for now... but within a couple years time the market will be so flooded with coins due to no one needing to make multiple sets to AVOID having to swap leggos around.

So in terms of pure quality of life... yes one leggo now is essentially crafting infinite of the same exact one. Also the “is it worth” argument is essentially settled due to the fact you’d be able to ever forgo crafting ascended gear if you were to craft armor/weapons. 

So I guess you could say in a metaphysical sense the “value” of legendary gear has increased... but not because it’s “better” than ascended... in its purest and most logical sense it’s the quality of life that has increased from crafting a leggo....

Side note... Anet is notorious for putting a price tag on convenience... the armory could be free at its inception, but very easily monetized. Imagine needing to buy “charges” to “copy” legendaries from the armory, akin to transmutation charges. 

Do we know if you wont have to craft 2 of each if you use 2 of each in your build? The drop in value exists for armors mainly because ppl made multiple of the same type to gear multiple alts and the armory is there to open the gear to alts not to multiply it. I very much doubt the armory will give you a free offhand for every 1h you make and if you want to dual wield on multiple characters at the same time you will have to put in 2 of each 1h weapon.

9 hours ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You have to kind of assume the fact the only people who might benefit from the armory are already going to have a decent amount of ascended gear crafted. IF the armory was something that came out day 1 you could say the value of them was decent in a very very long run... but it’s pretty anecdotal.

That assumption is unnecessary. Regardless of whether the armory was released 8 years ago or 8 years from now the main beneficiaries of it are people who actually make use of the stat swapping and the ability to free change upgrades. Such as people who would be going through multiple builds in a single fractal run or people who experiment a lot. The cost of stat swapping and removing/replacing the upgrades will add up quickly not to mention how cumbersome it can be to carry multiple sets.

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's even worse than that, because you would not be using the most expensive option, but the cheapest one (either the cheapest with the correct stat, or a cheapest one with stat-select option). And in case of swords, the cheapest stat-select option that has access to all stat combinations is the Caladbolg Rosa, craftable at the cost of ~18g. You could get ~75 of those for the cost of single Bolt - which is more than the max number of character slots possible on an account.

And weapons are not the most extreme case. Those would be rings, accesories and amulets.

Yeah. I was just going for the most optimistic scenario for legendaries. Even if you did need 17 marshal's ascended swords there is no reason to make 17 stellar khopesh. 33g would be a better average cost for an ascended sword. That is going to require having 44 characters that uses swords.

Caladbolg requires going through the HoT story which is a hefty amount of time. The time is significant enough that opportunity cost has to be factored in and I am too lazy to do that. If you ignore the time factor then it is possible make character, level to 80, do the HoT story, make Caladbolg, delete character and repeat.

Regarding questions about wielding two copies of the same Legendary, I suspect ANet will leverage the "Unique" item attribute like with ascended trinkets, and prevent you from equipping two of the same item, meaning if you want two legendary swords, you'll have to craft two.

It would be a really icky move on their behalf, but I wouldn't put it past them.