Confirming Sea Dragon's design?

Teratus.2859

4 hours ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find it

It's right there on your own profile 🙂
Can see it just by hovering your mouse over yours or anybody's avatar as well.

The original concept art is this.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/8/87/"Tsunami"_concept_art.jpg/800px-"Tsunami"_concept_art.jpg

But the one on our profiles is different.
The colouring on the dragon is different, paler and there is a some kind of cliff with a soldier or something looking out at the dragon which isn't part of the original image.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

It's right there on your own profile 🙂
Can see it just by hovering your mouse over yours or anybody's avatar as well.

The original concept art is this.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/8/87/"Tsunami"_concept_art.jpg/800px-"Tsunami"_concept_art.jpg

But the one on our profiles is different.
The colouring on the dragon is different, paler and there is a some kind of cliff with a soldier or something looking out at the dragon which isn't part of the original image.

Oh, I thought you meant the pfps. I see it now

i once had an idea for a hydra like sea creature, with 3 heads, but the heads didnt actually contained the brains, it did had eyes, mouth and stuff, but the brain of the creature was actually in its chest, next to the heart. The 3 necks whre basicly just tentacles with a mouth and eyes, but the design of the creature was a sea hydra

• Like 1

Still holding out hope that the DSD will be a school of aggressive fish/eels swimming in formation, as this would allow the dragon to take many different forms and launch highly variable attacks.

I also had a faint excitement that Primordus would be similar, though in his case a being of constantly melting/coagulating magma that hardens into stone when necessary, allowing him to easily travel under Tyria's crust without having to constantly tunnel. Would have been a nice explanation for why his size and appearance change so much throughout the game, but that ship appears to have sailed (to Cantha!)

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 2:03 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Still holding out hope that the DSD will be a school of aggressive fish/eels swimming in formation, as this would allow the dragon to take many different forms and launch highly variable attacks.

I also had a faint excitement that Primordus would be similar, though in his case a being of constantly melting/coagulating magma that hardens into stone when necessary, allowing him to easily travel under Tyria's crust without having to constantly tunnel. Would have been a nice explanation for why his size and appearance change so much throughout the game, but that ship appears to have sailed (to Cantha!)

We've seen Kralk as a storm in PoF so Primordus turning into magma wouldn't be that out of the ordinary

• Like 1

I want it to be mosasaur shaped, gigantic with dark blueish-gray skin and bioluminiscent features since he's from the deep sea, but add big, round white soulless eyes and mouth with a thousand needlelike teeth like that of an anglerfish, also with tendrils all over the body that end up in a bioluminiscent appendage. I really hope they make it abyssal/hadalpelagic inspired, since it is the deep sea dragon after all

Picture this: First time you find it... you're thousands of feet below the surface with some asuran personal diving golem, pitch dark, in a mission that consists in finding some infromation scriptures/lost relic in some sunken ruins... then suddendly all you see are thousands of little flashing dots in the distance that come to life, one by one until there are hundreds of them in a span of kilometers... everyone goes "that's so beautiful, look at that!" then someone yells thru comms that a massive enemy is heading your way, leystone magic off the charts. everyone turns on the lights and you see this gigantic elder dragon similar to this, slowly approaching with a legion of minions:

Edited by Knuckle Joe.7408
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What if the deep sea dragon isn't a threat at all? What if it's just a dragon with a mentality of a whale or an orca? Maybe aurene and DSD would have a meeting/discussion about the imbalance set in tyria as a result of primordus,jormag fight/death/disappearance and decide to merge with the universe and balance out the magical forces .. then the only fighting we would encounter is with humans who try to exploit dragon magic for their own benefit and stop the dragons from merging into the universe?

Could be possible

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

Considering Octopusses can live in the deep sea feeding off whale carcasses and looking terrifying I would put my bet on a DSD with Cthulhu-like tentacles and a shark-like head or a prettier Elder Dragon of water like the ones seen in D&D

Edited by Touchme.1097

17 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

What if the deep sea dragon isn't a threat at all? What if it's just a dragon with a mentality of a whale or an orca? Maybe aurene and DSD would have a meeting/discussion about the imbalance set in tyria as a result of primordus,jormag fight/death/disappearance and decide to merge with the universe and balance out the magical forces .. then the only fighting we would encounter is with humans who try to exploit dragon magic for their own benefit and stop the dragons from merging into the universe?

Could be possible

Doesn't seem to be the case based on it driving multiple underwater races out of their homes, including the Largos and Krait. However, seeing as the last five elder dragons we fought are now dead, I think the DsD being more cautious and wary of outright conflict should probably be the case (unless it's already gone tormented beyond reason from the various magics or was always hostile like Kralk).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Doesn't seem to be the case based on it driving multiple underwater races out of their homes, including the Largos and Krait.

As if noisy neighbors have never drove anyone to more.

10 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

(unless it's already gone tormented beyond reason from the various magics or was always hostile like Kralk).

With all that magic we freed from the other Dragons he might be slightly corrupted at this point, so even if he/her/they were friendly, that might not be the case now. I feel like Aurene should struggle a bit more at this point as well. All that talk about the time in the trailer. It is like a reminder on mortality. It makes me wonder what kind of other entities we might see in Cantha.

In the Way Forward we've seen a bit of DSD. There seems to be one head, unless the things on the sides are 2 additional necks. I think we can expect something closer to Leviathan this time. Remember, the Jade Sea might be an actual sea this time which I expect to be the home of DSD. I know that there was a reference that the gw2 and gw factions leviathans are not related but still, what other use do we have for a big body of water?

I hope Anet will design something interesting. Jormag and Primordus were a bit sad 😕

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

I hope Anet will design something interesting. Jormag and Primordus were a bit sad 😕

They were dreadful, for all the wrong reasons. Jormag looked like a frozen Jimmy Durante, and Primordus looked like a pit bull from hell. One guildmate says that Primordus' glowing nostrils look like the eyes in a second face growing out of his snout, and now I can't unsee that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tanith.5264 said:

They were dreadful, for all the wrong reasons. Jormag looked like a frozen Jimmy Durante, and Primordus looked like a pit bull from hell. One guildmate says that Primordus' glowing nostrils look like the eyes in a second face growing out of his snout, and now I can't unsee that.

Thanks, now I can't unsee that.

• Like 3