Staff Mirage still needs a nerfby a significant amount, Dueling Illusions Axe/Torch+Pistol Mirage is supposed to be the dps class right but there's no way it can compete.

mordefelix.5826

On 5/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

I totally agree with you! I seriously dont get why mesmer players has to complain about this! For once our profession is doing good, and we have to destroy it. And then we whine again when Anet listens and nerfs us even more... Dont get it...

Is it an easy build to go with staff/condi? Yes it is, but you decide for yourself how you want to play this game. I try to use my rotations as much as possible and not only relying on staff all the time, and that helps me alot. The difference staff makes for me is that it actually boosts me up with boons etc. which helps when I change weapons. That actually helps alot since we only have one dodge in WvW and PvP (when going mirage).

Totally agree, I just want to play this build, enjoy my time in game with my close friends in WvW on my main mesmer helping my party as we all enjoy our time in our great game.

• Like 4

A fair point raised, with an expansion on the way, I don't see the point or need to adjust staff. 

I understand that Axe / whatever as melee range is supposed to be high risk, high gain. But carrying on like an absolute pork chop with the most excessive use of the word 'literally' has not endeared me to your point at all, and taking a step back, why would I care that an easy or enjoyable alternative, and a ranged weapon at that exists on a class for me to play around with?

I throw money at the gem store on the regular. The only thing that comes down to whether my point is more valid than yours, or yours negates mine, is which out of the two of us makes Anet more money. Literally. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

dont think staff need nerf, consider RR give alac build doing much more dps on most condi boss.  the staff actually introduce me to mesmer otherwise i probably wont play it due to share difficulty of axe mirage.    i think due to staff nerf ppl would prefer RR over staff now, except largo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Today's patch.

Seems fair IMO

Yeah, I agree, seems OK, but field tests will tell.  I kind of expected them to go with the sceptre/axe approach (i.e. clones' condi applications are halved for sceptre ambush (duration), or thirded for axe ambush(no of stacks)).  I'd like to see sceptre having a role in PvE, but I suspect it won't as mirage staff may still overshadow it - we'll see I guess.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weaponwh.9810 said:

dont think staff need nerf, consider RR give alac build doing much more dps on most condi boss.  the staff actually introduce me to mesmer otherwise i probably wont play it due to share difficulty of axe mirage.    i think due to staff nerf ppl would prefer RR over staff now, except largo

Do you have logs (yours or others)? If you only started playing mesmer because of staff then you technically aren't a mesmer player , just an OP spec tester (no offense).

Condi bosses:
* Twin Largos / Nikare & Kenut
* Soulless Horror / Desmina
* Matthias
* Cairn (not really condi, but condi usually works and in particular there's been meme staff videos of 50K+)

https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/mirage-alac-staff

• Very effective: Matthias, Twin Largos, Soulless Horror , Cairn
  • Effective: Mursaat Overseer (not really in my testing) , Dhuum, Sabir, Qadim the Peerless (Q2/QtP)
  • Medium: Xera, Deimos

On 6/6/2021 at 9:18 PM, Zavijah.2695 said:

A fair point raised, with an expansion on the way, I don't see the point or need to adjust staff. 

I understand that Axe / whatever as melee range is supposed to be high risk, high gain. But carrying on like an absolute pork chop with the most excessive use of the word 'literally' has not endeared me to your point at all, and taking a step back, why would I care that an easy or enjoyable alternative, and a ranged weapon at that exists on a class for me to play around with?

I throw money at the gem store on the regular. The only thing that comes down to whether my point is more valid than yours, or yours negates mine, is which out of the two of us makes Anet more money. Literally. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lmao? 🙄🙄🙄 How is this logic actually even more garbage than other people's posts in here? Cough. Yeah I get your annoyance with the word usage of literally, but actually have some logic instead of saying "EOD makes this irrelevant." It's actually like looney toons logic to see people use this as defensible argument. God I wish I could see some of you have to actually go to a debate and then get immediately eviscerated. You'd get a 1 immediately/F-. 

Edited by mordefelix.5826
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Axl.8924 said:

I got a question: With the nerf to chaos vortex will you guys be able to kill anyone in SPVP?

Chaos Vortex: When cast by a clone, the duration of the applied confusion condition has been reduced from 8 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.

Just now, Alquinon.2957 said:

Chaos Vortex: When cast by a clone, the duration of the applied confusion condition has been reduced from 8 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.

Sorry i got nervous saw the nerf was praying it wasn't SPVP.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Do you have logs (yours or others)? If you only started playing mesmer because of staff then you technically aren't a mesmer player , just an OP spec tester (no offense).

Condi bosses:
* Twin Largos / Nikare & Kenut
* Soulless Horror / Desmina
* Matthias
* Cairn (not really condi, but condi usually works and in particular there's been meme staff videos of 50K+)

https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/mirage-alac-staff

• Very effective: Matthias, Twin Largos, Soulless Horror , Cairn
  • Effective: Mursaat Overseer (not really in my testing) , Dhuum, Sabir, Qadim the Peerless (Q2/QtP)
  • Medium: Xera, Deimos

i start play but i raid with and seen some very good mirages, and rr still doing better dps.  yes i seen good staff mirage player vs rr, and rr still doing better dps.  the lucky noob one is bit outdated due to recent patchs

Edited by weaponwh.9810

14 minutes ago, weaponwh.9810 said:

i start play but i raid with and seen some very good mirages, and rr still doing better dps.  yes i seen good staff mirage player vs rr, and rr still doing better dps.  the lucky noob one is bit outdated due to recent patchs

rr won't be better than staff mirage on confusion bosses, that's kinda the point of the build 

• Like 1

I just DELETED my Mesmer main and ALL of his legendaries with this latest June 8th update. I am done with the game now. I have to focus on my business anyway, it is sucking far too much time out of. my life. So I guess it is a blessing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

38 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Just revert all the changes and give me back my burning, this whole thing is  kittening stupid.

Is this based off emotions or numbers?

Base burning for 1s does less damage (~433) than torment for base 5s (~222 per second vs non moving and ~149 per second vs moving targets) with the mirage staff gear. Not to mention the RNG meant you might get 4s of bleeding instead (~150 / second).

1 hour ago, chrispy.7182 said:

I just DELETED my Mesmer main and ALL of his legendaries with this latest June 8th update. I am done with the game now. I have to focus on my business anyway, it is sucking far too much time out of. my life. So I guess it is a blessing. 

I completely understand your frustration: first they heavily buffed Staff and we finally got a great condi ranged weapon. Then just a two weeks later they nerfed it once. Today they nerfed it again. And we can expect another nerf very soon i guess.  Whit these kind of random buffs and nerfs you just can't take Anet seriously any more. Do they have their own testers? I understand that people are upset. What's next? Scepter buff following by nerf just a few weeks later?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Is this based off emotions or numbers?

Base burning for 1s does less damage (~433) than torment for base 5s (~222 per second vs non moving and ~149 per second vs moving targets) with the mirage staff gear. Not to mention the RNG meant you might get 4s of bleeding instead (~150 / second).

Its based on the fact that confusion is kitten outside of some raid bosses I never do and my Mirage build worked fine before they started trying to be cute with the staff. Hell they could revert confusion to what it was when PoF released before they kittened it up for no reason.

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Its based on the fact that confusion is kitten outside of some raid bosses I never do and my Mirage build worked fine before they started trying to be cute with the staff. Hell they could revert confusion to what it was when PoF released before they kittened it up for no reason.

They didn't even touch anything but the confusion on clones in this hotfix, so it doesn't affect you then.

The autoattack does torment right now and you can get 10K DPS against the golem (no confusion proc) just putting up 3 clones and doing nothing (not even weapon swapping). I actually have a log with ~14K DPS autoattack which is nearly on par with a melee condi build , the only thing I did was proc mirage cloak without weapon swapping.

If you mean the ambush, the very first release of the ambush actually had no burning at all, only confusion and torment. See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chaos_Vortex/history

Before the change, staff was basically a meme weapon for bosses (see the videos of people killing bosses with it, which is basically going to be more or less the same unless it is CC-ed because confusion doesn't proc on something CC-ed ) when you could have been running scepter+pistol which has the same advantages as staff (ranged, high evasion/block) on top of better clone generation, better CC , and better burst via pistol.

If it was so great people would have run staff instead of the greatsword mirage for openworld tagging or staff instead of scepter for condition fights.

edit: also today after patch a staff mirage joined me in strikes and their area stats (which doesn't count confusion properly) was close to condi scourge and condi renegade so it really isn't that bad. Even when they only weapon swapped two or three times the alacrity uptime was also roughly 40%.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

Around 27k + 34 confusion stacks on staff (down from 43 stacks), as oppose to axe mirage with 36k + 25 stacks.

Still decent and I'd say in line now with more or less same competitive position with axe mirage. You lose out on like 2-5k on still bosses but able to give alacrity/might. As per SC you could probably relieve your drood to other powerful heals like HB/Heal scourge if you're not stressing about spirits.

Edited by Hobyrimvrahms.6910
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Zraurum.8493 said:

For most classes, they increase something, for a mesmer, as always, they decrease

The June 8th patch nerfed Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief (Condition Deadeye was hit harder than Staff Mirage btw, even though it was less powerful) and Revenant. With Warrior and Necromancer receiving no changes that makes 6/9 professions which were not buffed. Your statement is simply not true.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chrispy.7182 said:

Not a wise move right before the expansion when new spec will be released but that’s your loss I suppose.

It is sad to see another small nerf but at least they still gave us a simple alac build to play with. 

Besides, it’s not like just Mesmer got nerfed. The fact that necro/guardian are in an amazing place does not mean this is the standard. 

• Like 1