Staff Mirage still needs a nerfby a significant amount, Dueling Illusions Axe/Torch+Pistol Mirage is supposed to be the dps class right but there's no way it can compete.

mordefelix.5826

12 hours ago, chrispy.7182 said:

I just DELETED my Mesmer main and ALL of his legendaries with this latest June 8th update. I am done with the game now. I have to focus on my business anyway, it is sucking far too much time out of. my life. So I guess it is a blessing. 

Obligatory “can i haz ur stuf??”

Honestly a bit extreme deleting the legendaries given the legendary armoury and time taken to get them. I would highly recommend contacting support and getting it your characters and stuff restored and instead taking a few years away from the game. Work may be busy now and you want to focus on it but in 3 years you may have a little more free time, you may have someone wanting to play GW2 with you, you just don’t know.

Liquid gold can be earned again, mats again but you can’t get back the hours put into a character and some of the legendary weapons if gen 2.

• Like 7

I understand what you are saying, but I have become far too distracted by the game and have been neglecting my real life responsibilities.. I am not the kind of person who can use have temptation sitting there, my willpower is not great.... So I have contacted Arena Net and asked them to permanently delete my Arena Net account.

It has been fun, and you are the best community of any MMO I have played. I wish you all well.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, chrispy.7182 said:

I understand what you are saying, but I have become far too distracted by the game and have been neglecting my real life responsibilities.. I am not the kind of person who can use have temptation sitting there, my willpower is not great.... So I have contacted Arena Net and asked them to permanently delete my Arena Net account.

It has been fun, and you are the best community of any MMO I have played. I wish you all well.

Alright fair point, I get that. I guess so long and thanks for all the fish is pertinent here. GL with RL, I hear the it’s a really good game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chrispy.7182 said:

All the best to you also - I agree with apharma, given gw2 is one of the more flexible and forgiving games in terms of time demands, as well as the effort you've put in to your account so far, it can be relieving to come back to every now and then as an escapism.

But you know best your way forward so well done for making this decision.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Well, that answers my question.  I was wondering how they were going to resolve the whole issue of having a support build that effective does glass damage because it runs glass gear.  Their solution is just to nerf the weapon so much that all it can do is run the support build.  

The weapon already had zero efficiency, no matter how much I played, I haven’t seen a mirage attacking raid bosses and, in general, any mob except for a test doll with a staff. I don’t understand the point of these changes, first distribute and then take away everything. And the improvement of the staff on May 11 is very doubtful when the burning was lost, this is a very serious loss for pvp.

• Sad 1

It's STILL much better than it was Prior May 11 so ... still not making sense for people to be complaining about it. It's not nerf, it's adjusting a buff. When it becomes WORSE than May 11 state, THEN it's a nerf. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, chrispy.7182 said:

Do what you gotta do. Good luck!

• Like 4

I think that there is a point that stays neglected. Sure Staff Mirage was doing an insane DPS, and now after the adjustments it is still quite strong at dealing damage. Doing that damage is easy. Now alac is another story sharing good alac uptime with 1 mirage is quite difficult especially in PUG groups, but easiliy solvable if we stack some mirages.

Now my question: Mirage does good dps and provides alacrity to 10 players, but what else they can do ? No CC, no boonrips, no stab, no reflects, no any offensive/defensive traits to share with the group, nothing. Staff mirage for me is a pure dps that can share some alac, but not a support. Renegade is the real support. If we don't like alac staff mirage we should also hate RR-s (which still has more support capabilities).

My point here is that the damage is not everything, by picking a mirage as an alacrity source we lose all the goodies revenants can bring even if we gain in dps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyHubris.1096 said:

Not quite nerfed far enough, but a good start.  Ideally we'd see scepter buffed and staff nerfed in damage but given more support to be an explicitly support weapon.

I would like this. Maybe make iWarlock one of the more support-ish phantasms (right now it is one of the worse skills to exist.) Buff Chaos Storm to  pulse boons in sequence instead of random, and remove swiftness in place of something like Vigor [Aegis -> Resolution -> Vigor] 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Armen.1483 said:

I think that there is a point that stays neglected. Sure Staff Mirage was doing an insane DPS, and now after the adjustments it is still quite strong at dealing damage. Doing that damage is easy. Now alac is another story sharing good alac uptime with 1 mirage is quite difficult especially in PUG groups, but easiliy solvable if we stack some mirages.

Now my question: Mirage does good dps and provides alacrity to 10 players, but what else they can do ? No CC, no boonrips, no stab, no reflects, no any offensive/defensive traits to share with the group, nothing. Staff mirage for me is a pure dps that can share some alac, but not a support. Renegade is the real support. If we don't like alac staff mirage we should also hate RR-s (which still has more support capabilities).

My point here is that the damage is not everything, by picking a mirage as an alacrity source we lose all the goodies revenants can bring even if we gain in dps.

Not really...you can easily swap out signet of domination for feedback or stability mantra or whatever skill you need. You only lose out on 180 condi damage. Furthermore if you want CC said signet is also a 3 second stun and you have your f3 built into your kit.

So it depends on which renegade build you compare it to. Condi RR renegade will bring very little of the utility you mentioned. Diviner renegade will bring more support and CC but you'll watch your dps drop when you have to swap to staff or burn energy to cc.

• Like 3

As someone who prefers range dps for cloth like professions, I'm actually fine with staff being stronger. However, the call for nerf just because it's performing better than a melee weapon just tells me that most people want to pigeon hole every class into a melee weapon just to tank and spank in pve for fractals and raids. No thanks. We should be able to have a number of weapons that can be optimized for a variety of situations. I don't want to be sitting on the same 💩 even when EoD arrives...

Oh and to remind people as well too, just because the damage is still good after the adjustments, Mirage still isn't good in a pvp/wvw setting with only 1 dodge still intact. ✌️

See you in July! 

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

As someone who prefers range dps for cloth like professions, I'm actually fine with staff being stronger. However, the call for nerf just because it's performing better than a melee weapon just tells me that most people want to pigeon hole every class into a melee weapon just to tank and spank in pve for fractals and raids. No thanks. We should be able to have a number of weapons that can be optimized for a variety of situations. I don't want to be sitting on the same 💩 even when EoD arrives...

Oh and to remind people as well too, just because the damage is still good after the adjustments, Mirage still isn't good in a pvp/wvw setting with only 1 dodge still intact. ✌️

See you in July! 

You already had every weapon usable for specific PvE scenarios btw. It looks like you're the one who wants to get pigeon holed into 1 build and 1 weapon set.

• Confused 9

52 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

You already had every weapon usable for specific PvE scenarios btw. It looks like you're the one who wants to get pigeon holed into 1 build and 1 weapon set.

Oh so condi Staff was used a lot in Fractals and Raids before we got this patch? Yeah I didn’t think so. Keep scrolling and enjoy the rest of your day. 👋

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 5/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Jijimuge.4675 said:

Given the huge support/utility potential of staff, I don't think it should be the main "ranged condi option".

IMO, if people want a ranged condi option for mesmer/mirage, sceptre (and perhaps also the F2 shatter) would be the place to ask for buffs, as sceptre provides little to no group utility.

If thats true, then both scourge and mirage staff need to be nerfed hard. Prob too much dmg for support.

• Confused 8

On 6/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, chrispy.7182 said:

I just DELETED my Mesmer main and ALL of his legendaries with this latest June 8th update. I am done with the game now. I have to focus on my business anyway, it is sucking far too much time out of. my life. So I guess it is a blessing

Well.. if your only gonna play speccs when they are completely broken I guess yes it's for the best lol. About time that BS build got toned down it's OP AF

On 6/8/2021 at 11:13 PM, Sifu.9745 said:

completely understand your frustration: first they heavily buffed Staff and we finally got a great condi ranged weapon. Then just a two weeks later they nerfed it once. Today they nerfed it again. And we can expect another nerf very soon i guess.  Whit these kind of random buffs and nerfs you just can't take Anet seriously any more. Do they have their own testers? I understand that people are upset. What's next? Scepter buff following by nerf just a few weeks later

Yes because it was super OP. Like insanely overpowered. 

You were competing with weaver DPS. With 25 might + alacrity.. while weaver brings 0 utility lol. You were broken and needed nerfing

On 6/9/2021 at 6:11 AM, Zraurum.8493 said:

decrease

Yeah when your broken. Lol. U were overpowered it's amazing people honestly act oblivious to that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

. However, the call for nerf just because it's performing better than a melee weapon just tells me that most people want to pigeon hole every class into a melee weapon just to tank and spank in pve for fractals and raids. No thanks. We should be able to have a number of weapons that can be optimized for a variety of situations. I don't want to be sitting on the same 💩 even when EoD arrives...

This is my absolute least favorite part of the game. Like it's the part that stops me from recommending the game to some people, because it's just a bad game design philosophy for an rpg.

I love being ranged, minding my positioning and not being in a giant clusterstack on the boss with 4-9 other people and all of their particle effects. But apparently for gw2, melee players just have to be the only optimal way to go, and if you're ranged you're just getting carried by the ubermensch melee (except for some niche cases).  Would much rather see BOTH ranged options be equally potent and engaging with either having to use utility options to keep them safe in their respective zones instead of "the real game is played with your face buried in the monster's body, and ranged gameplay is for stupid babies who don't want to be effective".  (cause that honestly is the attitude i'm getting from not only some players, but also the game's design itself. Which sucks, man. 😟)

Nerfing staff is, eh, it sucks that I can't deal the damage I want from the weapon I prefer, but if they're gonna lower the dps of staff, they should at least tweak scepter as an option especially since it's single target 'cause it feels and sounds like my character's playing tennis with my target, not killing it. :T

If mesmer's next elite spec encourages us ONCE AGAIN to sit our kitten in melee instead of letting us fight at range i'm going to be severely disappointed.

bonus lol

Edited by Roda.7468
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, Roda.7468 said:

This is my absolute least favorite part of the game. Like it's the part that stops me from recommending the game to some people, because it's just a bad game design philosophy for an rpg.

I love being ranged, minding my positioning and not being in a giant clusterstack on the boss with 4-9 other people and all of their particle effects. But apparently for gw2, melee players just have to be the only optimal way to go, and if you're ranged you're just getting carried by the ubermensch melee (except for some niche cases).  Would much rather see BOTH ranged options be equally potent and engaging with either having to use utility options to keep them safe in their respective zones instead of "the real game is played with your face buried in the monster's body, and ranged gameplay is for stupid babies who don't want to be effective".  (cause that honestly is the attitude i'm getting from not only some players, but also the game's design itself. Which sucks, man. 😟)

Nerfing staff is, eh, it sucks that I can't deal the damage I want from the weapon I prefer, but if they're gonna lower the dps of staff, they should at least tweak scepter as an option especially since it's single target 'cause it feels and sounds like my character's playing tennis with my target, not killing it. :T

If mesmer's next elite spec encourages us ONCE AGAIN to sit our kitten in melee instead of letting us fight at range i'm going to be severely disappointed.

bonus lol

And that’s on PERIODT. Wish I could like this more lol but that’s EXACTLY why I like range weapons more and would rather they be more offensive too instead of 75% support and the other 15% like condi or cc. But that’s just me. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

See you in July! 

Nope, again, this isn't about performing better than melee weapons. It's about Anet enabling trivial game play while rewarding it with superior performance. The discussion has NOTHING to do with ranged vs. melee. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nope, again, this isn't about performing better than melee weapons. It's about Anet enabling trivial game play while rewarding it with superior performance. The discussion has NOTHING to do with ranged vs. melee. 

I'm all for changing the ranged weapons to be more engaging alongside upping their potency to be on-par with the melee options!

I vote for that!

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nope, again, this isn't about performing better than melee weapons. It's about Anet enabling trivial game play while rewarding it with superior performance. The discussion has NOTHING to do with ranged vs. melee

Agreed. 

The primary issue is people seem to assume we are all against ranged options existing, however no ones against it. I don't think anyone will care if a longbow ranger and a GS ranger were in a group together doing the same DPS and enjoying their own thing. 

The problem is this mesmer build was litterally outputting 50k DPS whole applying alacrity and 25 might. This isn't "equalising range with melee" this is outright launching a busted AF specc and it doesn't even fall down to difficulty. 

If they allow Condi weaver to do 60k DPS people won't care about difficulty. People will want It nerfed. 

Having something so obscenely overpowered is unhealthy for the game. And enabling people 

I don't care if they are doing 35k-40k DPS on a easymode build, I don't care if they are ranged. Someone else's fun isn't of any impact on me. 

The problem is it was wildly overpowered. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5