Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Legendary Armory: salvage option for "leftovers"?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I assume that the Legendary Armory will work in a way that legendary armor, weapons and upgrades (i.e., runes and sigils) will get stored in an account-wide storage so that all characters will have access to them and be able to use them at the same time.

 

Now, I was wondering: will there be a way to salvage leftover weapons, upgrades and armor sets?

 

For instance, some might have two sets of legendary heavy armor (because they couldn't be arsed to constantly swap them between characters or for whatever other reason). Or all the legendary runes and sigils they might have crafted for use on separate characters that will now likely be shared, which means they will have many spare ones left over in this new scenario.

 

It would be great if we got a way to dispose of them (apart from the delete option :classic_wink:) and get any kind of valuable material back, like a few Mystic Clovers (as an example).

 

What do you guys think?

 

 

P.S. Please be nice to each other this time around and stay on topic. Thank you.

 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect it to end up like similar changes in the past.

 

Example (widely different item value, but same mechanic): when mini pets were added to the account wardrobe, you were only able to add one of each kind of mini to the wardrobe. Duplicates you had simply stayed in your inventory, and you were free to use them the same way you did pre-wardrobe. I still have a duplicate mini Moto and Miya left over from that time 😉 .

 

I expect the argument to be something like:

  • you already had use of the duplicates for a long time, so did get value out of them
  • you can still use them, just use the non-armory version of your duplicate heavy armor on one of your characters
  • salvaging will not become an option to avoid the support headache with requests from people who accidentally salvaged their legendaries instead of putting them in the armory.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I assume that the Legendary Armory will work in a way that legendary armor, weapons and upgrades (i.e., runes and sigils) will get stored in an account-wide storage so that all characters will have access to them and be able to use them at the same time.

 

Now, I was wondering: will there be a way to salvage leftover weapons, upgrades and armor sets?

 

For instance, some might have two sets of legendary heavy armor (because they couldn't be arsed to constantly swap them between characters or for whatever other reason). Or all the legendary runes and sigils they might have crafted for use on separate characters that will now likely be shared, which means they will have many spare ones left over in this new scenario.

 

It would be great if we got a way to dispose of them (apart from the delete option :classic_wink:) and get any kind of valuable material back, like a few Mystic Clovers (as an example).

 

What do you guys think?

 

 

P.S. Please be nice to each other this time around and stay on topic. Thank you.

 

For armor and sigils it makes sense but i dont think the armory will give you a free legendary weapon. Unless you have 3 of each legendary weapon type i cant see them giving you 2 of a legendary because you can dual wield it.

 

So likely to be fully decked out you will still have to make 2 swords, axes, daggers, (maces?) etc.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

salvaging will not become an option to avoid the support headache with requests from people who accidentally salvaged their legendaries instead of putting them in the armory

 

Ahh, now I didn't think of that - d'uh! :classic_biggrin: Yes, I can see how that could become an issue they don't want to risk happening.

 

On the other hand, you could apply that happening to any item, so perhaps it's not a good excuse after all to not think of something to do with spare legendaries. A new salvage kit/item for them could be something useful after all. 🌞

 

2 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

For armor and sigils it makes sense but i dont think the armory will give you a free legendary weapon.

 

Never said it would. Don't start down that road again, please.

 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anet gave a year notice on this feature, if you crafted an extra armor during this notice, that is 100% your fault for not taking heed of that warning. If you crafted before the notice, congrats, you had over a year of having two characters with legendary armor, while most people had only one. You already got you value out of having that advantage.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure there's an easy solution seeing how people crafted and used those weapons, possibly for extended periods of time. Feels almost like that other thread about someone claiming they deserve something extra because they bought some LW2 episodes 2-3 years ago and now they're free so it's unfair. In case of OP, he's literally talking about having 2 bolts, which are 2 swords, which can be used in both hands for certain builds/classes and mentioning that is in no way irrelvant, quite the opposite. We have no information whether or not we'll be able to use one legendary in both hands or we'll need 2 copies anyways.

In case of "talking about people that have 2 bifrosts" -well, show me those people first, I don't think they need you to worry for them and that doesn't really seem to be the problem OP has.

 

All things considered, this hardly seems like a thread to have any meaningful discussion, it's more of a note to anet "hey, if you didn't remember about additional lege copies [doubt], then here's the reminder, do with that whatever you want" and I suspect the decision about those additional copies and potential outlets for them are mostly already "locked in" anyways.

 

 

Also not sure what outcome do you exactly expect to get by reposting this pointless thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

Why ask and start the same thread when no one knows?  Truly mind-bottling.

 

Err... Did I ask, "Does someone know whether [...]?", or did I ask, "Hey, would you like to see something like that, too?"

 

Think about it... just for a minute. :classic_wink: Yes, sometimes people like to know what others think of a certain idea and dive into a discussion about that idea. Yeah yeah, I know: a truly mind-boggling concept of socializing! :classic_smile:

  

3 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Anet gave a year notice on this feature, if you crafted an extra armor during this notice, that is 100% your fault

 

I did no such thing. I am merely theorizing (as I am still working on my third set of legendary armor, the light one). If that's something you dislike, you are free to leave it to others.

  

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not sure there's an easy solution seeing how people crafted and used those weapons, possibly for extended periods of time. [...]

 

And how exactly does that keep someone from salvaging an item? Since when are you not allowed to salvage an item that you "have used over an extended period of time"? :classic_huh: Now, that's a truly mind-boggling point of view.

 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the intention was....ArenaNet is probably not going to offer any compensation (such as being able to salvage) gear that one had use of prior to the release of the Legendary Armory.

 

As for the 'crafted extra armor' during the year (or before), I'm sure 'you' is the general sense, and not all about you (the personal sense). 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think the intention was....ArenaNet is probably not going to offer any compensation (such as being able to salvage) gear that one had use of prior to the release of the Legendary Armory.

Pretty sure they did it when legendaries went from soulbound to accountbound but may remember wrong.

 

Anyway, this really didnt need a second thread after the first was locked by mods.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Anyway, this really didnt need a second thread after the first was locked by mods.

 

It was locked because of people's behavior, not because of the topic.

 

20 minutes ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

Personally, i believe no compensation should happen.

 

Who's talking about compensation (again)?? I'm talking about something useful to do with spare items.

 

Seriously, some of you folks are impossible to talk to. I'm believing to think that the people who deliberately "misunderstand" the topic of this thread just can't stand the thought of someone actually having more legendary gear than them (and I am not talking about myself). Get over it and let others have their discussion, eh?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

It was locked because of people's behavior, not because of the topic.

 

 

Who's talking about compensation (again)?? I'm talking about something useful to do with spare items.

 

Seriously, some of you folks are impossible to talk to. I'm believing to think that the people who deliberately "misunderstand" the topic of this thread just can't stand the thought of someone actually having more legendary gear than them (and I am not talking about myself). Get over it and let others have their discussion, eh?

 

Yet you ask for "getting any valuable material back, such as mystic clovers".

Here, cause "some of us folks are impossible to talk to"

 

Compensation: something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury.

 

Good day, no wonder mods locked your previous similar topic. I swear, some people are impossible to talk to...

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

And how exactly does that keep someone from salvaging an item? Since when are you not allowed to salvage an item that you "have used over an extended period of time"? :classic_huh: Now, that's a truly mind-boggling point of view.

 

Since always, seeing how you're talking about legendaries. :classic_huh:

Apparently you're not looking for a discussion like you claimed before, but rather just for people to confirm your own opinion since you deflect (or straight up dodge) anything else.

 

 

@Shadowmoon.7986 Good point.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

Ahh, now I didn't think of that - d'uh! :classic_biggrin: Yes, I can see how that could become an issue they don't want to risk happening.

 

On the other hand, you could apply that happening to any item, so perhaps it's not a good excuse after all to not think of something to do with spare legendaries. A new salvage kit/item for them could be something useful after all. 🌞

 

 

Never said it would. Don't start down that road again, please.

 

Then define spare weapons i guess, because ive seen ppl say you wont need to make 2 swords, axes, daggers etc because of the armory and that just doesnt make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

 

Err... Did I ask, "Does someone know whether [...]?", or did I ask, "Hey, would you like to see something like that, too?"

 

Think about it... just for a minute. :classic_wink: Yes, sometimes people like to know what others think of a certain idea and dive into a discussion about that idea. Yeah yeah, I know: a truly mind-boggling concept of socializing! :classic_smile:

  

 

I did no such thing. I am merely theorizing (as I am still working on my third set of legendary armor, the light one). If that's something you dislike, you are free to leave it to others.

  

 

And how exactly does that keep someone from salvaging an item? Since when are you not allowed to salvage an item that you "have used over an extended period of time"? :classic_huh: Now, that's a truly mind-boggling point of view.

 

It didn’t require another post.  No one knows, it’s irrelevant what anyone wants because ANet will do what they want to do regarding the economy.  You asked it as a form of a question, so take your silly games elsewhere.

 

So again, no one knows and wait to see until more information is released.

 

Mind-bottling concept:  patience.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...