Main story/living world confusion /spoilers

Hi, 

I left GW2 quite a while ago - played at release till 4th chapter of living season 2, stopped due to poor pc. Then came back at HoT launch and left. 

Now im picking up GW2 again but im hella confused right now. 

My maim base character story is at chapter 7 forging a pact - so Istill need to do this personal story to the end. I havent done any living season 2. Im now ptogressing a bit into HoT story (just found the "egg").

I was able to unlock somehow living story 3 5th chapter, and last chapter of Icebrood saga... Not sure whys that or how that even happened. Ive purchased PoF ultimate as website stated that I should get full Icebrood saga, and it seems that I get only part of it... 

Anyone could point me to best direction? Should I go back to personal story? Finish HoT or just start off with PoF? Idont want to go into EoD blind not knowing the story but doing all things in order will take quite some time (some progress is gated with xpon certain zone skills/masteries) and im worried i wont make it till EoD. 

Should I watch vids for certain story plots and just skip those? 

Im aware that living season 2-3 is being handed for free but im totaly lost whats best way to proceed right now. 

Cheers! 

Best way to experience the game and story is playing it in chronological order.

First complete the Personal Story. There is a total of 8 Chapters.

Then watch GW2 Season 1 Movie: It's a youtube video I made that's 3hours and 24min long and it shows you the entire story that you missed and cannot currently experience. After that, you should start playing Season 2 story in game and onwards.

Here is what the story in chronological order looks like:

Personal Story -> Season 1 -> Season 2 -> Heart of Thorns -> Season 3 -> Path of Fire -> Season 4 -> Icebrood Saga -> End of Dragons (TBA)

When you finish personal story, watch this GW2 season 1 movie before playing Season 2:

Edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265

No the expansion purchase fine print say you will get the latest release of the icebrood saga not all of it.

Other then that welcome to the game and be sure to logon 1 time each week to get the living story episodes unlocked for free mate.

Edit

If you login on a lvl80 you get a mail on lower level you have to unlock them yourself in the journal for 0 gems.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

It would be nice to do story in linear way. But for me, HoT(maps) was so horible, I wanted to delete the whole thing and ask for a refund. But PoF mounts changed that. Each mount made HoT a bit better. Fly-like mounts almost make it "hot".

Yes, doing story in a linear way is nice. But if you don't do story because you hate "walking" in HoT maps and you ragequit, then where the point in "do it in sequence".

Get mounts! They make playing GW2 million times better.

Living seasons: you must buy them if they are not "current" when you login.

ArenaNet is having a summer-long event where, if I understand it right, you get to unlock two Living World or Icebrood Saga episodes every week. So, for the rest of the summer, log in once a week between two Tuesdays to unlock them all. We are currently at episodes 3-4 of Season 2. I'd expect episodes 5-6 next Tuesday and so on. From what I gather of your situation, that's 20 episodes you can unlock for free, worth 4,000 gems if you otherwise had bought them at full, regular price.

If you have S3 E5 unlocked, that's probably because you happened to log on while it was active.

I fully support the 'doing it all in chronological order' approach, with two caveats. First, it may be worth to play just enough HoT to unlock basic gliding. Second, it is definitely worth playing through the first mission of PoF to unlock the raptor mount. (You may need to do one renown heart right after. My memory is not crystal clear on that.)

Yea Im just worried that HoT wil take so much time. Ot requires masteries and need huge xp amounts on those. Im worried that doing HoT - >season 3 - PoF - Icebrood will be hard and I wont make it before EoD launch. 

Also I have those episodes etc done on my Guard and im not sure Ill be playin guardian still. Its possible to do certain seasons/stories on different chars and it wont break my experience? 

3 hours ago, Mrowqa.3861 said:

Yea Im just worried that HoT wil take so much time. Ot requires masteries and need huge xp amounts on those. Im worried that doing HoT - >season 3 - PoF - Icebrood will be hard and I wont make it before EoD launch. 

Also I have those episodes etc done on my Guard and im not sure Ill be playin guardian still. Its possible to do certain seasons/stories on different chars and it wont break my experience? 

You can do the on how ever many characters you want mate, it wont break anything.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 4:20 PM, DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:

Best way to experience the game and story is playing it in chronological order.

First complete the Personal Story. There is a total of 8 Chapters.

Then watch GW2 Season 1 Movie: It's a youtube video I made that's 3hours and 24min long and it shows you the entire story that you missed and cannot currently experience. After that, you should start playing Season 2 story in game and onwards.

Here is what the story in chronological order looks like:

Personal Story -> Season 1 -> Season 2 -> Heart of Thorns -> Season 3 -> Path of Fire -> Season 4 -> Icebrood Saga -> End of Dragons (TBA)

When you finish personal story, watch this GW2 season 1 movie before playing Season 2:

I just wanted to pop in here and say I love this video. I give it to all of my friends just starting out. 

• Like 1