I'm getting sick of this game any more.

Suyheuti.1732

This game is really tiring me much after all. Anet said balance but that last balance patch is not even close appearently. Will we wait for 9 months for new balance patch?

I'm sorry for not dividing topics.

We're excited by how enthusiastic everyone is for the staff-wielding mirage. With the recent improvements to Chaos traits, the torment condition's performance in PvE, and the changes to the staff skills themselves, staff is currently overperforming as a boon support weapon. We'd like to keep axe-and-torch as the DPS build, and ease the performance of the mirage's staff down into a competitive support build, which means lowering its overall damage output (and confusion uptime).

Anet, maybe you believe that axe mirage has good DPS but not good enough.

Let's take fractals first. Because of this bonus week.

The people who play fractals want to end quick and demand meta build from you.

My main is Condi Mirage. I want to play condi axe DPS, but I've kicked many times because that build is not meta, not even good according to discretize.eu. Maybe Anet doesnt care what is written in that site but people in the game care. Maybe you say pick alac mirage. Yeah, I've tried that, too. People primary choice is still rev for alac. They don't kick you if they can't find rev. And playing with staff mirage is boring too much. I don't want to play with power chrono because I play mostly alone and in open world, pchrono's survivabiliy is not good as mirage's. And I don't want to spend fortune for new character  gear.

sPvP;

Firstly, I really get sick about botting in game, especially core guardians. Anet doing nothing, it seems?

Necros and guardians. In sPvP, 3 or 4 spots always filled by this 2 characters.

And please prevent character changing in sPvP before starting to the game. 2 weak characters joined opposite team, the same classes in our team for matching. And they did logout and login in the game with two scourge necros and they crushed us with 3 necros. We had 1 necro. Wth?

sPvP is dominated with necros, fractals are dominated with guardians. And you, Anet, call this is balance?

Thanks for reading.

6 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

This game is really tiring me much after all. Anet said balance but that last balance patch is not even close appearently. Will we wait for 9 months for new balance patch?

My main is Condi Mirage. I want to play condi axe DPS, but I've kicked many times because that build is not meta, not even good according to discretize.eu. Maybe Anet doesnt care what is written in that site but people in the game care. Maybe you say pick alac mirage. Yeah, I've tried that, too. People primary choice is still rev for alac. They don't kick you if they can't find rev. And playing with staff mirage is boring too much. I don't want to play with power chrono because I play mostly alone and in open world, pchrono's survivabiliy is not good as mirage's. And I don't want to spend fortune for new character  gear.

sPvP;

Firstly, I really get sick about botting in game, especially core guardians. Anet doing nothing, it seems?

And please prevent character changing in sPvP before starting to the game. 2 weak characters joined opposite team, the same classes in our team for matching. And they did logout and login in the game with two scourge necros and they crushed us with 3 necros. We had 1 necro. Wth?

sPvP is dominated with necros, fractals are dominated with guardians. And you, Anet, call this is balance?

Thanks for reading.

Axe is Oki staff just overshadowed it

I will imagine. Staff will get nerfed again tbh. And hopefully axe will be buffed. . 

however it's sadly one of the cons to how wide gw2 classes cater to. Meta in no mmorpg is fair to every build. It's not really possible. So we end up with metas where different builds remain meta for a amount of time. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

7 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

sPvP;

Thanks for reading.

The main info i got was from the site somewhere said mirage with axe was at around 37k DPS is that correct? if it is, i'd say its viable.

Weird complaint ... Anet has been making changes like this patch for 8 years ... what makes you think they are just going to hit their target and stop some day?

Axe Mirage DPS isn't good enough? Maybe this is a joke thread?

🙄🤣

Edited by Obtena.7952

18 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

sPvP;

Thanks for reading.

They aren't going to buff axe mirage dps on account of raids. They'd only nerf end up nerfing staff to make axe seem better which would make people want rev even more.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816

7 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Weird complaint ... Anet has been making changes like this patch for 8 years ... what makes you think they are just going to hit their target and stop some day?

Axe Mirage DPS isn't good enough? Maybe this is a joke thread?

🙄🤣

Which one is wrong that I complain? Tell me.

You said 8 years. That means Anet couldn't balance the classes past 8 years. After EoD, that will be much more harder to balance with releasing new elites. I can see with simple observation. The game dominated with 2 characters, didn't it? Necro and guardian. Have you ever been in PvP game? Have you ever played a game without guardian and necro in your and opposite team? I've told you, 2 players in opposite team did logout and login with 2 necros. Can you beat 3 necro + 1 guardian? (5th is irrevelant actually.)

I kicked 2 times before start of fractal because of I wasnt using meta build except sunqua peak. Should I wait to play in fractal until sunqua peak is picked daily? I saw 4 guardian were seeking alac renegade to start fractal.

Condi scourge is meta now (Power reaper was and still meta) In all types of games, any type of build, guard and necro are meta.

What about the rest? Is that fair? I'm complaining about this.

9 hours ago, HappyHubris.1096 said:

I've been doing T4 every day as Chrono STM, which is also not meta. Maybe speed runs or CMs are more restrictive, but T4 PUGs appear to be "show up and don't stand in the fire."

%90 of pugs dont want to waste time in fractals. And they do speed run. CM's demading experienced players.

14 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The main info i got was from the site somewhere said mirage with axe was at around 37k DPS is that correct? if it is, i'd say its viable.

I didnt check. If it can, discretize would put that in meta or good builds.

Otherwise I'm not sorry to play with condi mirage in open world, because it has extremely survival and entertaining and I have astralaria. I don't want to change my build.

The numbers are not important. If discretize.eu didn't announce that build is not viable, pugs care about that.

If they seek condi dps build, their first choice will be firstly condi firebrand then condi deadeye, condi scourge, condi weaver. Not condi mirage.

15 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Axe is Oki staff just overshadowed it

I will imagine. Staff will get nerfed again tbh. And hopefully axe will be buffed. . 

however it's sadly one of the cons to how wide gw2 classes cater to. Meta in no mmorpg is fair to every build. It's not really possible. So we end up with metas where different builds remain meta for a amount of time. 

ı'm not demanding all builds should be in meta. I'm not complaining Axe mirage in PvP, not great but still viable. But it should be buffed in PvE.

For warriors, Power spellbreaker and condi berserker needs much more love also. Not expecting but hoping.

6 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

You said 8 years. That means Anet couldn't balance the classes past 8 years. 

No, it just means your idea of balance isn't relevant to the game. Why do you assume Anet's definition of balance has anything to do with yours?

Edited by Obtena.7952

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, it just means your idea of balance isn't relevant to the game. 

I'm not giving balance ideas.

I'm attending sPvP and WvW, more than %50 of players are necro and guard.

Joining meta event, more than %30 players are necro and guard.

Trying to get in fractal, if guard is capable to give alac, they will play fractals with 5 guards. Most pugs don't even seek BS warrior after the balance.

Skipping ranger because it has good meta build in PvP and Pve both, there are 6 more classes in the game.

1 hour ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

I'm not giving balance ideas.

True ... you're just complaining about balance when you don't understand what Anet's balance targets are ... so the question still stands:

Why do you assume Anet's definition of balance has anything to do with yours?

8 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Which one is wrong that I complain? Tell me.

You said 8 years. That means Anet couldn't balance the classes past 8 years. After EoD, that will be much more harder to balance with releasing new elites. I can see with simple observation. The game dominated with 2 characters, didn't it? Necro and guardian. Have you ever been in PvP game? Have you ever played a game without guardian and necro in your and opposite team? I've told you, 2 players in opposite team did logout and login with 2 necros. Can you beat 3 necro + 1 guardian? (5th is irrevelant actually.)

I kicked 2 times before start of fractal because of I wasnt using meta build except sunqua peak. Should I wait to play in fractal until sunqua peak is picked daily? I saw 4 guardian were seeking alac renegade to start fractal.

Condi scourge is meta now (Power reaper was and still meta) In all types of games, any type of build, guard and necro are meta.

What about the rest? Is that fair? I'm complaining about this.

%90 of pugs dont want to waste time in fractals. And they do speed run. CM's demading experienced players.

I didnt check. If it can, discretize would put that in meta or good builds.

Otherwise I'm not sorry to play with condi mirage in open world, because it has extremely survival and entertaining and I have astralaria. I don't want to change my build.

The numbers are not important. If discretize.eu didn't announce that build is not viable, pugs care about that.

If they seek condi dps build, their first choice will be firstly condi firebrand then condi deadeye, condi scourge, condi weaver. Not condi mirage.

ı'm not demanding all builds should be in meta. I'm not complaining Axe mirage in PvP, not great but still viable. But it should be buffed in PvE.

For warriors, Power spellbreaker and condi berserker needs much more love also. Not expecting but hoping.

I'm pretty certain it does do 37k DPS with axe. 

Ur saying that would be in meta if it could, the issue is it wouldn't. Staff does 51k. Comparitively to staff axe is bad. Because staff is broken AF. The reason Soulbeast does 37k and is meta is because that's their highest DPS. 

Also, Discritize is outdated. None of the builds on their are up to date.. nor is the meta. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

39 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm pretty certain it does do 37k DPS with axe. 

Ur saying that would be in meta if it could, the issue is it wouldn't. Staff does 51k. Comparitively to staff axe is bad. Because staff is broken AF. The reason Soulbeast does 37k and is meta is because that's their highest DPS. 

Also, Discritize is outdated. None of the builds on their are up to date.. nor is the meta. 

I didn-t know staff was that high dmg i knew that axe was 37k.

On 6/3/2021 at 1:28 AM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Condi mirage was never meta for fractals (not 100% true, it works nicely for 100CM where it still works). If at all, the recent change to staff even put the class at all on the radar. Power chrono survival is fine for open world.

Sorry all I see here ia a player who suddenly realized he wants to run fractals due to the special bonus week. If you were in any form active in the past in fractals you would have not been surprised by any of these issues. You would also know that for regular T4s, it matters little with which class you join, especially if you join more relaxed groups.

14 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Joining meta event, more than %30 players are necro and guard.

And? In the first years of the game, when ranger and necro were at the very bottom of PvE ladder, they still were two out of three most popular classes (the third one being warrior). Casual player likes and dislikes have nothing to do with class balance.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And? In the first years of the game, when ranger and necro were at the very bottom of PvE ladder, they still were two out of three most popular classes (the third one being warrior). Casual player likes and dislikes have nothing to do with class balance.

I bought the game when it released at 2012. I know what you mean. I was back after long time break. Gw2's endgame made me satisfied except classes balance. 

I have 5 chars at 80 level. I leveled 2 of them. Point is I'm not hardcore player but not newbie player as well. I can see what is going on. 

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Condi mirage was never meta for fractals (not 100% true, it works nicely for 100CM where it still works). If at all, the recent change to staff even put the class at all on the radar. Power chrono survival is fine for open world.

Sorry all I see here ia a player who suddenly realized he wants to run fractals due to the special bonus week. If you were in any form active in the past in fractals you would have not been surprised by any of these issues. You would also know that for regular T4s, it matters little with which class you join, especially if you join more relaxed groups.

My fractal level is T4, it was not easy but I always found relaxed groups but not this week appearently. 

14 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

True ... you're just complaining about balance when you don't understand what Anet's balance targets are ... so the question still stands:

Why do you assume Anet's definition of balance has anything to do with yours?

Balance has not multiple meaning, it is simple. What difference can it be between Anet and me for defining balance? 

How many players have you seen playing with druid rangers in the game? Sp warriors or condi berserker warriors with torch? (Yeah torch is unlocked by berserker but dw axe beats it) Holosmith is close meta but not used by much people or thieves? Herald revs except shiny bauble farm in Verdant brink? Tempest elementalists? I'm not talking cores, most of cores are dead anyway. All about guardians, necros and sb rangers. This is my complain. 

20 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Balance has not multiple meaning, it is simple. What difference can it be between Anet and me for defining balance? 

Well, that's where you are wrong ... obviously what Anet has in mind for how the game works is different than how you think it should work because of balance. I dunno, somehow you have come to the conclusion that whatever balance is, it's how you view it and that view is how the game should work. That doesn't make much sense to me. 

You might have a point if the game was new and Anet's vision was untested. Except it's not. It's over 8 years old. People play how they want, the classes they like, making choices with the criteria that are important to them. Nothing stops you from doing the same except you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

How many players have you seen playing with druid rangers in the game?

Druid is very much meta. Since it first was released, there was not even a single day when it wasn't, actually.

Sp warriors or condi berserker warriors with torch? (Yeah torch is unlocked by berserker but dw axe beats it)

Condi berseker builds do use torch.

Holosmith is close meta but not used by much people or thieves?

Holo "not being used by much people" is exactly a result of likes and dislikes, nothing to do with balance. There were times when holo was stronger  than it is now (and higher on the relative benchnark table compared to other classes), but it was exactly as popular then as it is now.

All about guardians, necros and sb rangers. This is my complain. 

It would be better if your complain had a bit more to do with reality. Because for now it seems you're playing a different game than i do.